You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Malta Away 20th November

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 15>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 12:38pm
Will definitely stop harvesting on the plus side. 
Here we go again
Sponsored Links

bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 1:17pm
Golden Tulip have rooms available now
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 2:01pm
One lad paid €20 for a flight and yet has to pay 50% plus extra for a match ticket Wacko
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
TheFieldsOfAthenry View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFieldsOfAthenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

The fact they are e tickets wouldn't they have to be scanned anyway for them to be activated or is that not the case?
EireDub View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EireDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by TheFieldsOfAthenry TheFieldsOfAthenry wrote:

The fact they are e tickets wouldn't they have to be scanned anyway for them to be activated or is that not the case?

They done that for Armenia in June didn’t they ? 
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by EireDub EireDub wrote:

They done that for Armenia in June didn’t they ? 

It's what they said. But whether they did it or not is another story.
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by davereilly davereilly wrote:

Wonder about that too. Mine didn't scan in Yerevan and I just got waved on in. Contacted the ticket office when I got back just in case, and they asked for proof of travel to update my record.
City Till I Die
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Wonder about that too. Mine didn't scan in Yerevan and I just got waved on in. Contacted the ticket office when I got back just in case, and they asked for proof of travel to update my record.

That was one of the oldest turnstiles I have ever seen. If that thing could connect to any online scanner or database I would be shocked.
TheFieldsOfAthenry View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFieldsOfAthenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 5:24pm

Ah they must be keeping track of scanned and unscanned tickets so which is great to see. I'll never forget Georgia a few years back, lads standing at turnstiles scanning 7 or 8 tickets ago. Think they only cost 3 quid or something 
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 5:34pm

Ah they must be keeping track of scanned and unscanned tickets so which is great to see. I'll never forget Georgia a few years back, lads standing at turnstiles scanning 7 or 8 tickets ago. Think they only cost 3 quid or something 

I know one lad who paid a Georgian fella named sergei €20 to collect his ticket 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 6:42pm
Tbilisi away (last time ) had full collection the results of which were interesting enough might try and hunt out the thread 

The amount of last  minute deaths in various families nearly warranted Jessica fletcher investigating if they were linked 

Fair few also who were the lead booker mysteriously couldn’t make it

Edited by Newryrep - 07 Nov 2022 at 7:25pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
deta1916 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deta1916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 9:08pm
Got my invoice for Malta away tickets this morning.
A whopping 36.50 euro for a friendly match.
Checked the Maltese FA website.
There is an option to buy half way line tickets against Greece whom they play a couple of days before us.Ticket price - 8 euro.
There is no option to buy tickets for our match.It just advised that Irish supporters should buy their tickets from the FAI.
Yet again,Irish supporters are being made fools of and not a beep from the FAI.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by deta1916 deta1916 wrote:

There is an option to buy half way line tickets against Greece whom they play a couple of days before us.Ticket price - 8 euro.
There is no option to buy tickets for our match.It just advised that Irish supporters should buy their tickets from the FAI.

Why would there be a beep from the FAI ? Malta are ripping off their own fans as well with different prices for both games, link below with the pricing structure for both games. 

Edited by wanderer - 07 Nov 2022 at 10:31pm
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by deta1916 deta1916 wrote:

We’re being charged same price as Malta fans for Cat A - €35.
lukesmyth9 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukesmyth9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

One lad paid €20 for a flight and yet has to pay 50% plus extra for a match ticket Wacko

Myself and guf 🤣
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 9:15am
Originally posted by lukesmyth9 lukesmyth9 wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Myself and guf �£
Good drinking partner for you there Luke Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Box2Box View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Box2Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 10:15pm
Does anybody know if there's any way to change ticket order at this stage? Got 4 however two of the original group have since dropped out. The other two of us still planning on going but paying €70 each for tickets to friendly v Malta seems crazy. Don't think anybody is going to be looking for extra so selling them not really an option.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by Box2Box Box2Box wrote:

Does anybody know if there's any way to change ticket order at this stage? Got 4 however two of the original group have since dropped out. The other two of us still planning on going but paying €70 each for tickets to friendly v Malta seems crazy. Don't think anybody is going to be looking for extra so selling them not really an option.
Get the two drop outs to pay for their tickets regardless. If they committed and now backed out why should you and the other lad going be stung? Tell them to adult up a bit and stand over their prior commitment to take the tickets.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 15>
  Share Topic