You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tbilisi ticket feedback

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tbilisi ticket feedback
    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 2:57pm
following discussions with the Ticket Office re the pick up in Tbilisi we can confirm approx 300 tickets from the allocation prior to the pick up announcement being were not used

Approx 180 advised the TO that they were no longer travelling to Georgia

Approx 120 were not collected in Tbilisi 

The fixture will be removed from the aboves account and each account holder will be contacted

I think all fans can agree that it was a very useful exercise from the TO and is to be welcomed 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sponsored Links

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 3:11pm
180 not travelling... I'm sure a few couldn't but only a few, good exercise that, fair play 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 3:19pm
A good exercise overall the game, pick up was well organised and only took a few minutes. 
No issue having to pick up again for another game.
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 3:42pm
300 is more than I'd have thought, maybe I was naive...Fair play good work Clap

Edited by cardwizzard - 11 Jan 2020 at 3:42pm
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

following discussions with the Ticket Office re the pick up in Tbilisi we can confirm approx 300 tickets from the allocation prior to the pick up announcement being were not used

The fixture will be removed from the aboves account and each account holder will be contacted

I think all fans can agree that it was a very useful exercise from the TO and is to be welcomed 
Fair play to all that helped out just goes to show how many extra would have been harvested. Still could be a bit stricter as I think it was just the account holder who had to collect the tickets so if collecting for 4/5 lads there could have still been people who didn’t travel. I had a lad from home asking me could I get tickets for him and his friends living in Dubai after the deadline which was no problem with the ticket office I only needed to send on their passport numbers but I was able to collect 8 altogether then. Obviously not harvesting in that case but would say it happened in other cases.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 5:14pm
Fair play NR good to see the numbers who didn't turn up .
Look forward to seeing those who deserve tickets get them in the future .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 4:18am

Not that I expect to see it, but I'd be very interested in a Fans Direct/Supporters Clubs breakdown of that 300. More so from the 120 non-collections in Tbilisi, I'm presuming the 180 non travelers were mainly individual fans/groups of fans who were chancing their arms on the harvesting. 

Main issue as I see it is that independent supporters Tom, Dick & Harry applied for tickets & didn't collect in Tbilisi, rightfully caught out for harvesting and fixture deducted from their individual account, whereas Tom, Dick & Harry from supporters club didn't go to Tbilisi either, but other SC members Thomas, Richard and Harold did go to Tbilisi instead of them and thus kept their SC's ticket collection numbers at same level as whatever their SC's 'normal' attendance record stood at. 

Whole ''I.D on collection'' thing in Georgia wasn't quite as tight as Mandate group would have ideally liked (as other posters have stated) , but it was a serious improvement all the same. 

Aside from all that, at least for the Slovakia game we won't have notable senior FAI officials putting aside maybe one third of the overall allocation for their own personal use and allocating them to corporate sponsors, ''affiliates'' (covers a multitude) or random taxi drivers, so hopefully those that actually attended our mainly miserable campaign efforts will get to see one more uninspired, miserable effort in Bratislava. Fcukin hell, we don't really ask for much, when all's said & done. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 9:28am
Leaving aside the general issue of harvesting for a minute.

There was an option to cancel tickets which 180 people did avail of, no doubt some for genuine reasons. 

But the 120 who didn’t cancel and then didn’t collect were happy to leave some poor sap sitting in a booth until halftime waiting for them. A bit of a sh*tty attitude towards others. Although as the game panned out the booth probably wasn’t the worst place to be.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Colum Colum wrote:

There was an option to cancel tickets which 180 people did avail of, no doubt some for genuine reasons. 

But the 120 who didn’t cancel and then didn’t collect were happy to leave some poor sap sitting in a booth until halftime waiting for them. A bit of a sh*tty attitude towards others. Although as the game panned out the booth probably wasn’t the worst place to be.

That depiction flatters Joseph McGlue
Greenlad11 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenlad11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 10:54am
Are there sanctions for the 120 nice people that didn’t have the courtesy to contact the Ticket office to let them know they were harvesting?
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Cria was in the booth at the stadium when we passed by.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 11:30am
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Cria was in the booth at the stadium when we passed by.
NR popped into ask Cria if anyone had picked up tickets at the ground just a a group of about 5 lads in shamrock suits asked me where was the place to pick up tickets . So people did pick up at the ground . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Greenlad11 Greenlad11 wrote:

Are there sanctions for the 120 nice people that didn’t have the courtesy to contact the Ticket office to let them know they were harvesting?
Yeah they have the game removed from their account and will have to pick up their tickets for the next away game in the host city. That was what the FAI said back in October anyway, so imagine they'll do it for the playoff
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Not that I expect to see it, but I'd be very interested in a Fans Direct/Supporters Clubs breakdown of that 300. More so from the 120 non-collections in Tbilisi, I'm presuming the 180 non travelers were mainly individual fans/groups of fans who were chancing their arms on the harvesting. 

Main issue as I see it is that independent supporters Tom, Dick & Harry applied for tickets & didn't collect in Tbilisi, rightfully caught out for harvesting and fixture deducted from their individual account, whereas Tom, Dick & Harry from supporters club didn't go to Tbilisi either, but other SC members Thomas, Richard and Harold did go to Tbilisi instead of them and thus kept their SC's ticket collection numbers at same level as whatever their SC's 'normal' attendance record stood at. 

Whole ''I.D on collection'' thing in Georgia wasn't quite as tight as Mandate group would have ideally liked (as other posters have stated) , but it was a serious improvement all the same. 

Aside from all that, at least for the Slovakia game we won't have notable senior FAI officials putting aside maybe one third of the overall allocation for their own personal use and allocating them to corporate sponsors, ''affiliates'' (covers a multitude) or random taxi drivers, so hopefully those that actually attended our mainly miserable campaign efforts will get to see one more uninspired, miserable effort in Bratislava. Fcukin hell, we don't really ask for much, when all's said & done. 

It was actually a bit more time consuming that certainly I had envisaged . THe group booker was on the envelope even though they were in alphabetical order it still took a bit to find the envelope especially when there were plenty

only the group booker could be given the envelope and on the couple of occasions where the group booker wasn’t there to collect Cria made a note of it and gave the guys their tickets out of the relevant  envelope 

I wouldn’t envisage it being needed every campaign (a full pick up) but it should be a random collection of say 50 -100 at the ground 3-4 before KO as opposed to the FAI having to hire a hotel room for 2 days 

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 2:18pm
As said a good exercise overall and hopefully a few more pick ups at a few various away games will show a better pattern of who is trying to harvest tickets.
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 10:38am
I would hope that the next time there's an over subscribed game and there's a cut off point that none of the no shows would be in the ballot for anyone on the cut off point. I.E the draw for the remaining Gibraltar tickets for people on 5 games

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 1:40pm

This is very welcoming. And hopefully a start in wiping the records of harvesters and getting a fair and transparent system in place.

Considering if someone new wants to start travelling they have to go through two campaigns of the "not so hot" games, before they can even get a full away campaign under their belt without joining an SC, this is a great start to make the system fairer!
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 1:44pm
If you're caught not collecting tickets without giving a valid reason for collecting you should have your account suspended for the next away game. Should deter it
Danger here, OH NO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic