You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Azerbaijan Away - Saturday 9th October 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 23>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Match just over two weeks away. We are getting an away allocation according to my sources and theres enough for everyone who will be looking to go. 
We have applied through our club already. Hearing 1000 electronic tickets available. FAI will receive list of scanned tickets to avoid harvesting.
Sponsored Links

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Match just over two weeks away. We are getting an away allocation according to my sources and theres enough for everyone who will be looking to go. 
We have applied through our club already. Hearing 1000 electronic tickets available. FAI will receive list of scanned tickets to avoid harvesting.

should have a % pick up 2 hours before game at ground
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 4:53pm
4hr 55m layover in Frankfurt on the way out. What are peoples thoughts on jumping on the u bahn and heading out of the airport for scoops? I know these things can end in tears but still... 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Agreed. Since the home tickets are so cheap and the away ones likely to be similar Im sure most travelling wouldn’t mind collection over there to prevent harvesting.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 5:01pm
how many are going ? 500 ? 10% pickup at ground 
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 5:02pm
I'd be very surprised if we had 500. Half that and we will be doing well. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 5:10pm
Will the FAI even be using this game to count for future priority?
I know a number of English clubs aren't using this season for future priority outside of the current season as they don't want to punish people who may not feel comfortable going to games yet.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 5:16pm
Dont see the need for collection if the Azerbaijan FA are providing the information. I doubt they will allow people to multiple scan or to go in and out to scan their mates tickets. 

Whilst I have no issue with collection anywhere, where the relevant info is supplied it just makes it unnecessary IMO.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I know a number of English clubs aren't using this season for future priority outside of the current season as they don't want to punish people who may not feel comfortable going to games yet.
I hope it is used. Those that travel deserve it to be recognised in the event of a ticket panic in any of the next few games.

Ummmmm ticket panic... 

Edited by Sham157 - 23 Sep 2021 at 5:18pm
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 5:33pm

It should be, those that go deserve to have it on their records after going that far. I understand some people might not feel comfortable but thats not on the people that travel so they shouldn't lose out potentially in the future because of that 

Edited by wanderer - 23 Sep 2021 at 5:34pm
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 6:53pm

Not necessary if FAI are collecting ticket scans nor should people be forced to traipse out to the stadium hours before kickoff to get interrogated by Joe McGlue 

Edited by Pipkin - 23 Sep 2021 at 6:54pm
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Dont see the need for collection if the Azerbaijan FA are providing the information. I doubt they will allow people to multiple scan or to go in and out to scan their mates tickets. 

Whilst I have no issue with collection anywhere, where the relevant info is supplied it just makes it unnecessary IMO.
I thought the scanner information was given to the fai for Serbia, Georgia 2017 and other games too? Didn’t seem to work out then. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Not necessary if FAI are collecting ticket scans nor should people be forced to traipse out to the stadium hours before kickoff to get interrogated by Joe McGlue 
2 hours before KO to collect 50 tickets is hardly a chore on either party 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

It should be, those that go deserve to have it on their records after going that far. I understand some people might not feel comfortable but thats not on the people that travel so they shouldn't lose out potentially in the future because of that 

Yip it shoukd count 
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 8:05pm
Getting to the ground 2 hours before kick off would be a nightmare, and disrupt your day. Morning of the game at the team hotel or central location would be fine.

Tbh, i really can't see harvesting being a problem going forward considering the lack of interest outside of the hardcore.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Getting to the ground 2 hours before kick off would be a nightmare, and disrupt your day. Morning of the game at the team hotel or central location would be fine.

Tbh, i really can't see harvesting being a problem going forward considering the lack of interest outside of the hardcore.

You don’t have to get to the ground 2 hours before you just have to collect 50 tickets within those 2 hours - it’s not rocket science 

Anyway it’s only a suggestion however as the figures from the jade trip to Tbilisi showed it was a lot more than people expected it’s all in the thread - might hunt it out 

Edited by Newryrep - 23 Sep 2021 at 10:07pm
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 9:55am
If you're on time and have 5 hours to waste I'd head into the old town for a few hours. It's only 30 mins away and will be nicer than the airport. Outside of the old town Frankfurt is pretty dull as well. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 10:41am
Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

If you're on time and have 5 hours to waste I'd head into the old town for a few hours. It's only 30 mins away and will be nicer than the airport. Outside of the old town Frankfurt is pretty dull as well. 
Cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 23>
  Share Topic