Forum Description: Qatar n' all in anyways
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57822
Printed Date: 24 Apr 2024 at 2:14pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Azerbaijan Away - Saturday 9th October 2021
Posted By: irishmufc
Subject: Azerbaijan Away - Saturday 9th October 2021
Date Posted: 14 May 2021 at 8:12pm
Surprised there's no thread set up for this yet unless I'm blind. 

Booked the Park Inn Radisson with the usual free cancellation but noticed that Lufthansa had a direct flight from Frankfurt on the Friday before and that's gone now. I can't see any direct flights at the moment from Europe on the 8th.Turkish Airlines via Istanbul seems to be the only option at the minute. 

Probably not worth booking flights for another couple of months encase some direct ones open up on the Friday from London/Budapest etc. 

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Replies:
Posted By: The White Cafu
Date Posted: 14 May 2021 at 9:46pm
Turkish through Istanbul certainly the best option for this, really hope this goes ahead with fans more so than the other games but wouldn’t be too confident 

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 14 May 2021 at 10:47pm
I've taken a gamble on cheap flights for Portugal and Luxembourg (max £40 each) but I'm fooked if I'm gonna gamble hundreds of pounds on flights to and from Azerbaijan atm. 

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 14 May 2021 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Booked the Park Inn Radisson with the usual free cancellation but noticed that Lufthansa had a direct flight from Frankfurt on the Friday before and that's gone now. I can't see any direct flights at the moment from Europe on the 8th.Turkish Airlines via Istanbul seems to be the only option at the minute. 

Probably not worth booking flights for another couple of months encase some direct ones open up on the Friday from London/Budapest etc. 
The reason there's no thread on it is that the chance of travel to non EU countries before December are slim imho.

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 15 May 2021 at 7:45am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

The reason there's no thread on it is that the chance of travel to non EU countries before December are slim imho.

Tend to agree - have taken a punt on Portugal and Luxembourg but wouldn’t be confident at all with non Eu countries especially former soviet bloc 

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 15 May 2021 at 2:14pm
I know Welsh fans going there next month.  Surely October is still possible.  I appreciate nothing is certain in the current environment.  

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 15 May 2021 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

I know Welsh fans going there next month.  Surely October is still possible.  I appreciate nothing is certain in the current environment.  
Eire32?

Date Posted: 15 May 2021 at 8:00pm

ffs I'm planning on heading to the States in September LOL

We'll see how EURO 2020 goes. October's a long way off so hopefully we'll have a better idea by August if we can travel there. 

-------------

Date Posted: 16 May 2021 at 10:25am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

I forgot they were a host for the euros so they’ve guaranteed fans for that, could be a runner 

Posted By: wicklowrunner
Date Posted: 23 May 2021 at 3:53pm
Going out with Lufthansa via Frankfurt on Friday, back Monday - Booked last year.

Date Posted: 23 May 2021 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Going out with Lufthansa via Frankfurt on Friday, back Monday - Booked last year.

Is that direct from Frankfurt or via Tbilisi? 

-------------

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 23 May 2021 at 9:36pm
As of tomorrow we can rule out going via Minsk. 

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: VanBosch
Date Posted: 24 May 2021 at 7:25am

I’d say it was direct when booked but all flights seem to be stopping in Tbilisi now with Lufthansa, don’t think you get of the plane but still not ideal at that hour!

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 24 May 2021 at 11:48am
Didn't flights to Tbilisi stop off in Azerbaijan first for some reason as i recall some lads were talking about it in the airport the 3rd last time we were there .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 25 May 2021 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

I’d say it was direct when booked but all flights seem to be stopping in Tbilisi now with Lufthansa, don’t think you get of the plane but still not ideal at that hour!
It stops off in Tbilisi, but we don't disemabark.

Posted By: wanderer
Date Posted: 28 May 2021 at 7:01pm
Always thought this was the most likely of games to be able to travel to, hopefully they can manage the euro games well and with the announcement on travel today that we'll be in a great position to go to this game 

Posted By: Jasonic
Date Posted: 28 May 2021 at 11:49pm
Travel looking good for Portugal and Lux now. Azerbaijan may be a different story though

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 29 May 2021 at 1:49am
Like most campaigns the more random the destination often the better trip and I’m sure if we only had to quarantine for 5 days after coming home it would probably be worth it. That might just be me talking crap after a few beers but Georgia last two campaigns was top class and hoping for similar here

Date Posted: 29 May 2021 at 9:17am
Originally posted by Jasonic Jasonic wrote:

Travel looking good for Portugal and Lux now. Azerbaijan may be a different story though

I’d say Azerbaijan is looking okay if you’re vaccinated as the guidelines for non EU countries allow travel unless the EU apply the “emergency handbrake” to a country and Azerbaijan hasn’t has specific issues to date.

It’s also more likely to allow away fans considering they have done that for the euros 

Posted By: gufct
Date Posted: 30 May 2021 at 4:21pm
I think it’s the chance of war breaking out there is what he’s on about.

-------------
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.

Date Posted: 30 May 2021 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

I think it’s the chance of war breaking out there is what he’s on about.

I highly doubt it. 

I'm sure he was referring to the potential covid situation in Azerbaijan when the fixture comes around. 

-------------

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 31 May 2021 at 7:53am
Indeed their rollout is very slow. Perhaps it'll speed up. 

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: Roberto_Carlow
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 8:46am
Are Welsh fans travelling to Baku? I assume Azerbaijan allowing them in without isolation?

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Are Welsh fans travelling to Baku? I assume Azerbaijan allowing them in without isolation?

Thought the advice was not to travel but it was only advice and think they need to self isolate at least on return

Can’t do those dates now but if I could I would be wary of anywhere outside of the EU and UK especially having to transit through a third country 

-------------
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Thought the advice was not to travel but it was only advice and think they need to self isolate at least on return

Can’t do those dates now but if I could I would be wary of anywhere outside of the EU and UK especially having to transit through a third country 
Still so much can change at short notice , my fear would be to get caught in another country then have to quantine when you get back with the cost of 2k each stuck in an hotel at Dublin airport Sleepy

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Still so much can change at short notice , my fear would be to get caught in another country then have to quantine when you get back with the cost of 2k each stuck in an hotel at Dublin airport Sleepy
And missing out on going to that big glamour home friendly v Qatar a few days after the Azeri game. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 8:06pm
edit

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 8:15pm

I'll only be going to Azerbaijan if I'm vaccinated. Wouldn't chance anywhere outside the EU if I'm not. 

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 9:05pm
I'll be fully vaccinated by then (2nd dose in 3 weeks) but I'd still be reluctant to shell out hundreds of pounds on flights to a Non-EU country tbh. Gonna stick with the trips to Portugal and Lux for this year and hopefully things will be much more settled enough for me to be more adventurous next year in the NL. 

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 8:54am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

I'll be fully vaccinated by then (2nd dose in 3 weeks) but I'd still be reluctant to shell out hundreds of pounds on flights to a Non-EU country tbh. Gonna stick with the trips to Portugal and Lux for this year and hopefully things will be much more settled enough for me to be more adventurous next year in the NL. 

Agree with this but part of me says “you’ve always wanted to go to Azerbaijan!!, this is your chance!”

I’ll wait until late August and hopefully things are better and away fans are allowed. Not sure going in the home end would be a runner.

Posted By: brendy_éire
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 1:52pm

Though if the government advice for us is not to travel, the FAI won't be issuing tickets.

-------------
City Till I Die

Posted By: davereilly
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 9:01am
Obviously it's still early days, and a lot can happen over the next few weeks/months, but Azerbaijan are only issuing e-visas to attend the Euros. You can't select any other option on the website

Posted By: limerick lad
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 9:45pm
I had Dublin - Budapest (06:00-10:00) and Budapest-Baku (22.35 -04.30) booked for this one. I was ok with the layover as Budapest is a grand spot to pass away a few hours. Aer Lingus have now changed the flight to the afternoon and it doesn't get in until 8pm local time. Normally I wouldn't bat an eyelid about that connection time but if we had any delays in Dublin and with increased Covid checks on both sides it has me thinking it's a bit tight. Not sure should I take the Aer Lingus refund and try another route to Budapest or just stick it out. LOL

-------------
just hit the fecking thing

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by limerick lad limerick lad wrote:

I had Dublin - Budapest (06:00-10:00) and Budapest-Baku (22.35 -04.30) booked for this one. I was ok with the layover as Budapest is a grand spot to pass away a few hours. Aer Lingus have now changed the flight to the afternoon and it doesn't get in until 8pm local time. Normally I wouldn't bat an eyelid about that connection time but if we had any delays in Dublin and with increased Covid checks on both sides it has me thinking it's a bit tight. Not sure should I take the Aer Lingus refund and try another route to Budapest or just stick it out. LOL

I think you should be good. 2.5 hours is enough of a cushion. 

I wouldn't chance anything less than 2 hours when it comes to connecting flights but I would stick with that booking if I was you. 

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 10:28pm

The opposite of what Irishmufc says Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 10:39pm

Considering the amount of time you have and I’d get a different way to Budapest, will need two flights but means less stress. 

Leave the stress to wondering about whether Azerbaijan will let tourists in!

Posted By: mouldymould
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 5:28pm
Azerbaijan has opened up their borders to covid cert holders (plus a PCR test) so it's looking like this one might be back on the cards. Electronic visa also needed to enter the country.

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by mouldymould mouldymould wrote:

Azerbaijan has opened up their borders to covid cert holders (plus a PCR test) so it's looking like this one might be back on the cards. Electronic visa also needed to enter the country.

Are they fully reopened now ? Last I saw it was only to a certain list of countries and we weren't on that list.

Edit: looks like we've been added to the list, no mention of test but maybe I've missed that. Good news anyway, fingers crossed 

From 5 August 2021, nationals of Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czechia, Denmark, Germany, Greece, Ireland (Rep.), Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland must have:
– a COVID-19 vaccination certificate with a QR code showing that they were fully vaccinated; or
– a COVID-19 recovery certificate with a QR code.

Posted By: Robsham1
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 9:10am
Had accomodation booked for this way back when, only cancelled last friday!! As difficult as it was to plot and plan a route pre covide, the lack of regular flights at present really making the possiblitiy of this one less likely. Has anyone any route options?

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 9:33am
Originally posted by Robsham1 Robsham1 wrote:

Had accomodation booked for this way back when, only cancelled last friday!! As difficult as it was to plot and plan a route pre covide, the lack of regular flights at present really making the possiblitiy of this one less likely. Has anyone any route options?

Turkish and Lufthansa would be what I'd normally look at but the flight schedule as you've mentioned probably isn't great.

Free cancelation on the hotel is 2 days before we arrive so I can give it up until as late as possible and see

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 10:07am
Turkish is okay but is 500. Would love to go to this and have always hoped Ireland would draw them but too many unknowns this year.

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 1:20pm
Bit the bullet and booked flights for this.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 1:34pm

Bit the bullet and booked flights for this.

Very brave this far out LOL Don't think I've got it in me to bite the bullet just yet.

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 1:52pm
Even if you're fully vaccinated, you still need to submit a negative PCR test. 

I assume as vaccinated EU citizens, we wouldn't need to have a PCR flying back into the EU from Azerbaijan?  

-------------

Posted By: jamie2905
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 2:03pm
DFA.ie : "A quarantine regime has been put in place by authorities and has been extended until 2 November. For up to date information on which international flight routes are operating, please see the following link: Baku International Airport (GYD). All passengers arriving to and departing from Azerbaijan must have the results of a negative coronavirus test issued in the previous 48 hours. A test on arrival may also be required and all arriving passengers have to self-isolate for 14 days."

Good luck.

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 2:24pm
https://www.airport.az/en/important-information/information-for-passengers-traveling-during-covid-19-pandemic/" rel="nofollow -  https://www.airport.az/en/important-information/information-for-passengers-traveling-during-covid-19-pandemic/

Looks like a covid passport is all that’s needed.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by jamie2905 jamie2905 wrote:

DFA.ie : "A quarantine regime has been put in place by authorities and has been extended until 2 November. For up to date information on which international flight routes are operating, please see the following link: Baku International Airport (GYD). All passengers arriving to and departing from Azerbaijan must have the results of a negative coronavirus test issued in the previous 48 hours. A test on arrival may also be required and all arriving passengers have to self-isolate for 14 days."

Good luck.

Pretty sure that's not up to date anymore
https://nk.gov.az/az/article/1735/" rel="nofollow - https://nk.gov.az/az/article/1735/

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 2:28pm

https://www.airport.az/en/important-information/information-for-passengers-traveling-during-covid-19-pandemic/" rel="nofollow -  https://www.airport.az/en/important-information/information-for-passengers-traveling-during-covid-19-pandemic/

Looks like a covid passport is all that’s needed.

Reads that it's both, covid passport and negative test

Posted By: Badgersboys9
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Good luck.

https://nk.gov.az/az/article/1735/" rel="nofollow - https://nk.gov.az/az/article/1735/

The above quote is from DFA.ie and the link is Azerbaijan government. So reading into both you need covid passport, neg PCR test and will have to quarantine when arriving back in Dublin? Or, no one has the foggiest idea yet?

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Good luck.

The above quote is from DFA.ie and the link is Azerbaijan government. So reading into both you need covid passport, neg PCR test and will have to quarantine when arriving back in Dublin? Or, no one has the foggiest idea yet?

Looks like DFA haven't updated their advice based on latest Azerbaijan information.

To me it reads,
Outbound - vaccinated or recovered plus PCR test 72hrs before flight to Baku, no quarantine 

Inbound - EU digital cert is all you need, no quarantine 

Posted By: Badgersboys9
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 2:59pm

Good luck.

Looks like DFA haven't updated their advice based on latest Azerbaijan information.

To me it reads,
Outbound - vaccinated or recovered plus PCR test 72hrs before flight to Baku, no quarantine 

Thanks.

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 3:30pm

Good luck.

To me it reads,

Thanks.
I could be wrong though on the outbound to Azerbaijan, things change that much it's hard to keep up on requirements 

Posted By: Paulie
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 4:33pm

Good luck.

To me it reads,

Thanks.

I could be wrong though on the outbound to Azerbaijan, things change that much it's hard to keep up on requirements 

That's the way I read it too. It will most likely change between now and then though, hopefully in a positive sense. Either way I won't be making this one though

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Good luck.

To me it reads,

Thanks.

That's the way I read it too. It will most likely change between now and then though, hopefully in a positive sense. Either way I won't be making this one though
If it stays as is I'll probably go, the PCR on the way out even though I'm fully vaccinated is a bit of a pain but it is what it is for the moment anyway

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2021 at 7:20pm
The Budapest to Baku flight has been changed which will mess up a good few peoples schedules. It was only €70 out there! 

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2021 at 8:02pm
Yeah got the email. Bastards. To cancel and rebook the return leg only is €336

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2021 at 8:44pm
Utter bollox. What's the craic with using the return journey with wizzair if you don't use the outbound flight. (Booked as a return journey) 

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2021 at 8:49pm

Utter bollox. What's the craic with using the return journey with wizzair if you don't use the outbound flight. (Booked as a return journey) 
Ive sent them a message asking that very question.If they respond ill let you know. Couldn’t  find anything in their FAQs 

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2021 at 8:50pm

Shouldn't be an issue as you book in as separate legs - like Ryanair they are a point to point airline

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2021 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Ive sent them a message asking that very question.If they respond ill let you know. Couldn’t  find anything in their FAQs 
Cheers

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2021 at 8:59pm

Shouldn't be an issue as you book in as separate legs - like Ryanair they are a point to point airline

I would say this also but would want to check

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2021 at 9:01pm

I would say this also but would want to check
 If you fail to:
  • complete check-in procedures by the deadline
  • show up at check-in or at the boarding gate in due time

your reservation will be cancelled and you won't be able to board.We will refund the amount of the total fare after deducting the amounts of the fee for other services and a seat protection fee of ‎€83.00.

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 8:42am
Anyone considering just doing the week? Ive looked at flight options and they aren’t great and are expensive.

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

The Budapest to Baku flight has been changed which will mess up a good few peoples schedules. It was only €70 out there! 

That's a right pain as it was a very handy route out there. I'm thinking of trying Ukraine now but not sure on what restrictions they have in place for entry and also the hassle of getting back into EU afterwards.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 10:49am

Anyone considering just doing the week? Ive looked at flight options and they aren’t great and are expensive.

Work is a big obstacle for me.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 11:15am

Was thinking the same, might look to head out on the Monday or Tuesday. Flights later in the week seem pretty limited

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 11:55am
Just booked the time off work.. a week it is 

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 6:21pm
I got Lufthansa, out 7 Oct, back 11 Oct, via Frankfurt - €365

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 3:31pm
The Lufthansa flight from Frankfurt to Baku stops in Tbilisi for refueling.
Georgia is now on the Red Covid Travel List.
Lufthansa confirmed today that it's an hour and 5 min stopover and you will not be de-boarding.
So all good there.

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 11:50am
The red list doesn't particularly matter if you are vaccinated. If you have your vaccine passport, you are basically grand once you come back into Dublin.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 12:12pm

The Lufthansa flight from Frankfurt to Baku stops in Tbilisi for refueling.
Georgia is now on the Red Covid Travel List.
Lufthansa confirmed today that it's an hour and 5 min stopover and you will not be de-boarding.
So all good there.

Was taken off irelands list last week

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 1:41pm
With the Budapest flight changed to Sunday the 3rd I have the following route now planned but nothing booked yet as I'm not fully sure on whether we could get hit with quarantine. I need to do more research on that but have put it in here if anyone is looking for options. 

Dublin - Kiev 07/10/21 15.05-20.40 @ €25
Kiev - Baku 08/10/21 19.05-23.30 @ € 105
Baku-Budapest 11/10/21  04.40 -06.40 @ €82
Budapest-Dublin 11/10/21 20.55 -23.00 @ €44.

All in cost of €256. The route over seems ok but very long day on the way back!

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 2:39pm

With the Budapest flight changed to Sunday the 3rd I have the following route now planned but nothing booked yet as I'm not fully sure on whether we could get hit with quarantine. I need to do more research on that but have put it in here if anyone is looking for options. 

Very long layovers both directions. Have you any planned for them (bearing in mind covid restrictions, visas etc)? 

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 4:11pm

Very long layovers both directions. Have you any planned for them (bearing in mind covid restrictions, visas etc)? 

The layover on the way out wouldn't bother me too much as I could do a full day lounging around Kiev. I had a stopover there to Tbilisi in 2019 but was a quick overnight one so didn't see much at all. Flight times are also ok and I would be happy to avoid red eyes going into Baku.

On the way back I would probably just head into Budapest for the day and try keep occupied. It's just a very long day with the early morning flight and I wouldn't get a bus back to Limerick until 00.30 so not home till 03.00. I will hold out either way to see if we have an away allocation and what Covid restrictions are like closer to the time. Hopefully flight prices don't change too much in meantime.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 4:32pm
I think there’s a 14 day quarantine in Azerbaijan at the moment, regardless of if you’re vaccinated or not 

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

I think there’s a 14 day quarantine in Azerbaijan at the moment, regardless of if you’re vaccinated or not 
Don't believe there is. The DFA website isn't updated.
You need an EU Vaccine passport.
You need a printed PCR test.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 5:10pm

Don't believe there is. The DFA website isn't updated.
You need an EU Vaccine passport.
You need a printed PCR test.

https://azerbaijan.travel/covid-19-en" rel="nofollow - https://azerbaijan.travel/covid-19-en

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 6:36pm
uefa confirm away fans allowed from Sept 10th. 

Date Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 6:43pm
this looks a real goer again so, tough to find a route less than 300

Posted By: brendy_éire
Date Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 7:03pm
Would the FAI allocate tickets, considering DFA advice for Azerbaijan at present is "avoid non-essential travel"?

-------------
City Till I Die

Date Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 7:12pm

this looks a real goer again so, tough to find a route less than 300
Yeah it’s a pity the Budapest flight was changed! Anything around 300 would be ok as it should be a cracking trip if restrictions allow!

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 1:14am
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

uefa confirm away fans allowed from Sept 10th. 

Hopefully Club extends to international 

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 1:15am
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Would the FAI allocate tickets, considering DFA advice for Azerbaijan at present is "avoid non-essential travel"?

DFA advice is out of date for Azerbaijan 

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 1:52am
Midnight curfew in operation

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 7:32am

A blessing in disguise Smile

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 7:38am

A blessing in disguise Smile
LOL

-------------

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 8:13am
Booked this last week, direct flight from Dubai about 250e. Less than a 3 hour flight from here so it's a relatively easy one to get to in comparison to the majority of travelling fans.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: cardwizzard
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 11:29pm
Is there no need to quarantine coming home from this? 

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by cardwizzard cardwizzard wrote:

Is there no need to quarantine coming home from this? 
No. Once you have your EU vaccine passport your good to go. 

-------------

Posted By: cardwizzard
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 11:39pm
Sound Kev Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 3:21pm
EU set to recommend 6 more countries including Azerbaijan be removed from member states safe lists. Will be up to each member state 

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/eu-to-recommend-travel-restrictions-on-6-more-third-countries-including-japan-sources-say/" rel="nofollow - https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/eu-to-recommend-travel-restrictions-on-6-more-third-countries-including-japan-sources-say/

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 8:14pm

EU set to recommend 6 more countries including Azerbaijan be removed from member states safe lists. Will be up to each member state 

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/eu-to-recommend-travel-restrictions-on-6-more-third-countries-including-japan-sources-say/" rel="nofollow - https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/eu-to-recommend-travel-restrictions-on-6-more-third-countries-including-japan-sources-say/

Doesn’t matter if you’re vaccinated in EU. Can come from anywhere into Ireland without quarantine

Date Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Doesn’t matter if you’re vaccinated in EU. Can come from anywhere into Ireland without quarantine
Currently yes, as the post says its up to each country to do as they please with the EU Council advice.
For example the last revision was to remove America from the list but Ireland hasn't implemented any changes but Italy for example has.

It's just something to be mindful of thats all, especially if having a layover along the way that nobody gets a nasty surprise with any rule changes 

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 12:30am

Currently yes, as the post says its up to each country to do as they please with the EU Council advice.
For example the last revision was to remove America from the list but Ireland hasn't implemented any changes but Italy for example has.

It's just something to be mindful of thats all, especially if having a layover along the way that nobody gets a nasty surprise with any rule changes 

But if someone didn’t know; it would look like from that headline we’d be locked up upon return. 

Govt have taken the decision to exempt anyone from testing/quarantine if they are fully vaccinated. That won’t change in the next month. The only issue that could arise is that some country you were transiting through closed the border to Azeri flights but that’s not likely at all.

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 12:53am

But if someone didn’t know; it would look like from that headline we’d be locked up upon return. 

Govt have taken the decision to exempt anyone from testing/quarantine if they are fully vaccinated. That won’t change in the next month. The only issue that could arise is that some country you were transiting through closed the border to Azeri flights but that’s not likely at all.
And what if you're flying back into Dublin with an Irish passport and NHS vaccination certificate and then heading over the border? One of the lads I was talking to (who also lives in NI) after last night's game said he had recently been to visit family in Dubai and refused to get the day 2 pcr test done after arriving home (even though his wife got hers done) - and he hasn't heard anything from anyone since.

What were people's experiences coming back from Portugal last week btw - what sort of checks were being made at airports over there and back in Ireland and how strict (or otherwise) were they? 

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 1:33am
Flew back into Kerry, So basically it's three Cops from the local station rock up once the flight lands.
Checked Passport, and Passenger locator, he saw that I had my printed vaccine cert in the sleeve of my passport but didn't check it 

-------------

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 8:18am

And what if you're flying back into Dublin with an Irish passport and NHS vaccination certificate and then heading over the border? One of the lads I was talking to (who also lives in NI) after last night's game said he had recently been to visit family in Dubai and refused to get the day 2 pcr test done after arriving home (even though his wife got hers done) - and he hasn't heard anything from anyone since.

What were people's experiences coming back from Portugal last week btw - what sort of checks were being made at airports over there and back in Ireland and how strict (or otherwise) were they? 

Flew back into dublin, no check on anything except passport. I then flew to England to see family and paid 40 euro for a test in Ireland and 60 pound for a home test in England as Portugal is on the UKs amber list if you've been there in the past 10 days. Nothing was checked. 

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 8:34am

If Azerbaijan gets added as a designated country here then your exempt from MHQ as you mention because your vaccinated but your not exempt from testing and home quarantine. You'd be expected to have a test before you come home, quarantine at home when you get back and get a negative test to exit quarantine after 5 days

Look at the section on have you been to a designated country part,
https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/77952-government-advice-on-international-travel/#travel-restrictions-for-passengers-arriving-into-ireland-from-outside-eu-iceland-liechtenstein-norway-switzerland

Like I said its just something to watch out for, they may not add it to the list here and I don't expect them to either seeing as they didn't do anything with the last set of recommendations, but its just something to be mindful of seeing as the list can change at short notice, it's up to each country to do what they want with the EU recommendation. I just know for myself if it gets added to the list I can't go, work doesn't allow travel to designated countries given the requirements on return.

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 9:15am
pcr test , covid passport and e visa is the requirements for entry to Baku and our hotel require covid passport for entry . All booked out Thursday back Monday with Lufthansa . Looks like away fans ban will be gone so can’t wait.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 9:22am

pcr test , covid passport and e visa is the requirements for entry to Baku and our hotel require covid passport for entry . All booked out Thursday back Monday with Lufthansa . Looks like away fans ban will be gone so can’t wait.

Looking at booking somewhere, any idea what area would be best hotel wise ?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net