You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your prefered team for Saturday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cododonnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 2:53am
Originally posted by trapped trapped wrote:

Seeing as we now know who couldn't make the squad or who simply couldn't be bothered, it's time to focus on the players who will be there to face Macedonia. Everyone will be second guessing Trap's selection but what starting 11 would you pick given the players currently available?

Here's mine:
                                Given

Coleman   St.Ledger (if fit)   O'Shea      Ward

McGeady      Whelan          Fahey          Hunt

Keane           Long

Coleman needs to start playing regularly in the bigger games. He is more than capable and the only way to maximise his potential is to start playing him in games like this. McGeady has improved an awful lot since moving to Russia and is now one of our most dangerous players. The two of these, therefore, must play in my opinion. I don't go along with the idea that Coleman can't play right - people probably aren't used to seeing him there but it's actually his natural position.

Hunt looked good when he played last week and should play in Duff's absence. I would have Fahey in ahead of Andrews because he brings much lot more energy to centre mid than Andrews does, so he complements Whelan a lot better.

I would love this team as well but lets be realistic!! I think we all know what team is going to be picked!

Given

McShane        Sledge(O'Dea if he doesn't make it)   O'Shea           Kilbane

McGeady        Andrews                Whelan(if fit)  Hunt

Keane               Long

Sponsored Links

Drummerboy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drummerboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 3:21am
I'm a huge fan of Kevin Kilbane. I'd point to him as an example to young kids regarding how a player should behave and conduct himself. But I am really frightened for him on Saturday night. He has lost his pace and has had a very long hard season. I don't think Trap will be doing anybody any favours, especially Kevin, if he selects him on Saturday.
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 3:46am
                                                         Given
Mcshane                               O'Shea               St Ledeger                          Ward

McGeady                              Whelan               Andrews                                 Hunt

Keane                                      Cox

When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 3:46am
                    Given
Foley. O'Dea   St Ledger. O'Shea
Coleman. Whelan. Andrews. McGeady
                             Keane
                            Long

This is the team I'd like to see, but I would suspect Trap will go with something like the team that C O'Donnell suggested.
johnnycee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 3:49am
                   Given

Kelly      Sledge     O'Shea    Ward

McGeady   Whelan  Andrews   Hunt

Keane     Long

Edited by johnnycee - 02 Jun 2011 at 3:49am
Don't believe everything you read in the news papers
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 3:59am
I really don't fancy Ward at all. I'd even put Kilbane in ahead of him. He didn't even look secure in either of the two games he played in against weak oppositiono
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 4:21am
                        Given

O'Shea      O'Dea       Sledge        Ward

Lawrence   Whelan     Andrews     McGeady

Keane         Long

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 4:46am
My prefered team would be

Given
Kelly--O'Dea--O'Shea--Ward
McGeady--Whelan--Andrews--Hunt
Long--Keane

But I think he'll go McShane at RB, Kilbane at LB
sledgehammer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sledgehammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 5:00am
Kevin Foley is absolult 100% nailed on to start RB in Macedonia

I d be shocked if Trap didn't go with

Given
Foley    O Dea    O Shea   Kilbane

Hunt     Andrews   Whelen   McGeady

Long        Keane
Up there for thinking. Down there for dancing
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 5:04am
Sledge, why is he nailed on to start at RB? Something i dont know?
He started against the North in midfield and only got a sub run out against the Scots?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

sledgehammer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sledgehammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 5:20am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Sledge, why is he nailed on to start at RB? Something i dont know?
He started against the North in midfield and only got a sub run out against the Scots?
No just my opinion on analysing Traps tactics over the past couple of years. Foley started the home game against the same opposition and did reasonably well. Trap won t risk changing something that he know works especially seeing as he is missing his most experienced and trusted defender for the game.

In the Carling Cuo, I felt he was trying to give some of the starters for Macedonia a break where he could. Examples of this would be Hunty not starting the first game and Keane being taking off twice. One place we have lots of cover is right full so thats why i feel Foley was givin some rest time after a hard slog in mid-field against the North rather than it being that he was dropped for McShane.

But again just my opinion McG and i ve been known to be wrong before!! 
Up there for thinking. Down there for dancing
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 5:59am

Trapattoni has indicated that veteran Kevin Kilbane will come in for Stephen Ward at left-back. Paul McShane, Kevin Foley and Stephen Kelly are competing for the right-back slot.

"It's an away game and we need experience," said Trapattoni. "They look for corners and free-kicks and are dangerous in that situation. We must pay attention to these details."

Killer all the way as expected!
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 6:06am
Originally posted by wrestler313 wrestler313 wrote:

Given

Foley            Kelly                  O'Shea              Ward

McGeady           Whelan        Andrews               Hunt

Keane          Long

+1

flick View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 6:44am
Cox and o dea to start on Saturday. Keane pulled up with an injury today. Should be ok For Saturday 

From tommy Martin via tardelli
GWAN YBIG
el2nz View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el2nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 6:48am
Killer had one of his best games for Ireland in his most recent game. Those vying to come in haven't done THAT much to dislodge him.
flick View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 6:50am
"So subject to proper confirmation by Trap tmrw, team is: Given, Kelly, O'Shea, O'Dea, Kilbane, Hunt, Whelan, Andrews, McGeady, Cox, Keane"

Tommy Martin on twitter
GWAN YBIG
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 6:52am
Originally posted by Mick_G Mick_G wrote:

Given

Foley     Sledge.   O'Shea.     Ward

Coleman.     Whelan. Andrews. McGeedy

Keane.      Long.

Yup - fully agree with this selection! Two solid lads in the middle just fending off the Macedonian attacks, and then two quick lads with bags of talent on both flanks feeding the forwards. It would also mean we could introduce proper impact subs like Hunt and Fahey which could be decisive also.

I reckon Trap will go with the below team however:

Given

McShane     O'Shea   O'Dea     Kilbane

Lawrence Whelan Andrews McGeady

Keane     Long

Which ain't a bad team either to be fair - just not my preference. I suppose the experience of Lawrence and Kilbane could be handy for such a tricky away fixture though. And also Lawrence's set pieces are an added bonus of going with this line up also. Either way I'm worried about our full backs to be honest!
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 6:54am
Originally posted by flick flick wrote:

"So subject to proper confirmation by Trap tmrw, team is: Given, Kelly, O'Shea, O'Dea, Kilbane, Hunt, Whelan, Andrews, McGeady, Cox, Keane"

Tommy Martin on twitter

What the fook?? Jaysus, I wonder is Longs head just all over the shop after the play-off defeat or something?

Don't get me wrong, Cox has done well in the last two games, but there has to be something up with Long if he's not starting this one!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic