Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YBIG Charter to Armenia - Not happening

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: YBIG Charter to Armenia - Not happening
    Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 8:29am
Allright lads,

Now I know we still have to wait for the fixture dates to be set, but I've been on the phone with these companies a bit for the past few days and I now have proposed fares! Smile

Everyone's favourite, Armenia, is looking good! Armenia is the difficult one to get to. I have gone for 4-day trips with an afternoon arrival to still enjoy the day there, and an afternoon departure to avoid anyone having too big a hangover to fly.

The fare is based on travel in sep/oct 2010, though should it be at a later time, fares will be about the same.

- Direct flights Dublin-Yerevan
- Including all applicable taxes, charges and fuel-surcharges
- Departure on a Thursday morning at about 10.00-12.00 to Yerevan.
About a 4,5 hrs flight, so in Armenia at about 4ish.
- Return on a Sunday afternoon at about 15.00-17.00 back to Dublin.
So back in Dub around 9ish.
- Meals&drinks on board included Big%20smile

Price:               € 630,- p.p

This is a 186-seater Boeing 737. We can increase if needed.

Indirect flights from Dublin can be booked at the moment from 482 euro incl. taxes. That's with Air France via Paris. So a 150 euro cheaper. However, these obviously would have less suitable times. The flights out actually have a total travel time of 29hrs...not really a great option so.
BMI offer flights from London but only fly 4 times a week. So again not great in regards to flights, but they are cheaper.

Some of us might be lucky enough with getting these fares when the draw is made. However, airlines only sell a certain amount of seats for the lowest fare. After that the prices go up, if they haven't already hiked them already because of the draw. We all know Ryanair does this....

This fare I can confirm for all of us once the draw is made.
I personally think a 150 extra to fly direct is a good deal, as thats easily spent on drinks/food on airport, nights in hotels or transfers etc.
But let me know what ye think, and any questions let me know!

Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Sponsored Links

erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 8:34am
would have looked better at €430 pp but not too bad.

This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 8:34am
good work Steve Thumbs%20Up
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 8:37am
excellent work Steve,would potentially be interested..
Theres only one sport that matters..
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 8:38am

Good man Steve. Realistically, for the sake of an extra 150 quid, the direct flight would be well worth it, especially to such a destination where there wouldn’t be too many other options…

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 8:41am
Steve, I doubted you and I'm happy to apologise. Quality work, as you said €130 extra is well worth it for a direct flight.Clap
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 8:44am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Steve, I doubted you and I'm happy to apologise. Quality work, as you said €130 extra is well worth it for a direct flight.Clap
LOL Apology accepted Deise. All we need to now wait for is the dates to be set so I can confirm this. Another couple of days of patience eh
Babysis View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babysis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 8:46am
Cheers Steve, would potentially be interested in this, I just want to see how things are when the fixture dates are confirmed. Well done though Clap
First Commander-Galway Regatta
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 8:55am
Armenia is looking like a possibility now, good work Steve
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 8:56am
whats the meal consist of?

ROLL ON 2016
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 9:08am
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

whats the meal consist of?

Will probably be the usual airline meal/lunch/breakfast. Not really discussed this with them yet, but a pasta or something more than likely. No Filet Mignon and Kaviar unfortunately LOL
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 9:09am
When you say food and drink included, is this as much as can be poured down the neck?LOL

Steve I would like to be the first to confirm my seatThumbs%20Up
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 9:11am

Can you confirm we’d be allowed bring cans onto the flight Steve? Approve

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 9:14am
Good man Sham!Big%20smile 

Drinkwise I need to make them aware that it's gonna be a football crowd going. Didn't tell them yet, as that might have prompted them to hike the fare. So will advise them once they confirm it all back. I'll then check with them in regards to drinks. Normally on airlines it's all you can drink, without getting drunk kinda thing. We don't want mayhem on board either with everyone langered, but will make sure we all get a couple of drinks in there! Big%20smile
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 9:14am
well for a morning flight a proper fry up would be nice

on the sunday coming back, some roast beef would be appreciated

ROLL ON 2016
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

Can you confirm we’d be allowed bring cans onto the flight Steve? Approve

pikey alert

ROLL ON 2016
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 9:20am
depending on the dates il lhave some of that
deisedevil View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deisedevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 9:21am
would be interested in this, will you get enough to fill a plane though 186 sounds a lot. but good work anyway steveClap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
  Share Topic