You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup Draw

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World Cup Draw
    Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 9:39am
3pm on Friday (lasts about an hour) BBC2.
Presented by Gary Lineker! Surprised he was given the job considering he has been a vocal twitter critic of FIFA.

Can you imagine the excitement and all the extra threads in here if we had made it.
Anyway I’ll probably watch it even though after the Denmark game I said I wouldn’t
Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 10:10am
Tomorrow will be the most depressing day since the Denmark game. 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 10:32am
Didn't realise it was this week.

To depressed to think about it.

Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 10:44am
Dont no what your talking about sure the next world cup isnt till 2022,
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 11:02am
I will probably watch it but it will be depressing
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 11:07am
Makes me annoyed thinking about it.  This time last year we odds on to win the group. 4 matches to come at home. FFS
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 11:11am
Not for me thank you .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 12:18pm
I'm sure I'll watch it and be enthusiastic about it next summer but I couldn't give a toss about tomorrow. Still too depressing to think about, let alone watch the draw.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 12:25pm
The glum that was starting to clear has returned with a bang Unhappy
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 12:27pm
Strangely I'm actually looking forward to it.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 12:55pm
No interest in watching this tomorrow only reason I'd put myself through it would be if we were in it and had planned to book flights etc

the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 2:00pm
This will be a case of Jim Bowen and look at what you could've won

And yes I will be glued to it.  And yes I am going anyway but really hope I don't get to see Denmark.  
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

And yes I will be glued to it.  And yes I am going anyway but really hope I don't get to see Denmark.  
Was going to say this myself. This is going to really rub it in that we haven't made it. Cry

I'll watch it anyway. Still pondering myself whether to go anyway to Moscow for a few days and was going to wait to see how the draw goes (not booking anything before then in case England are drawn to play there - really keen to avoid their crowd after the last 'meeting' between them and the Russians).

If flights are too awkward or expensive though, I'll reluctantly give it a miss and watch it at home.  Are you all booked already or waiting to see what travel options are available?
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 2:24pm
If Denamrk get a relatively straightforward group it'll be all the more galling
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

And/ or Serbia Cry

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

And/ or Serbia Cry

Serbia will be in Pot4 we'd have been in Pot 3
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

3pm on Friday (lasts about an hour) BBC2.
Presented by Gary Lineker! Surprised he was given the job considering he has been a vocal twitter critic of FIFA.

Can you imagine the excitement and all the extra threads in here if we had made it.
Anyway I’ll probably watch it even though after the Denmark game I said I wouldn’t

Makes absolute sense tbh, he's been a leader in cleaning corruption in Fifa so having him part of the draw ensures the draw is clean.

For the lads mentioning Denmark and be crucifying themselves they got an easy draw - Gary Lineker did a rehearsal today as they've done everyday and they were matched with Brazil, England and Morocco. 
Serbia got the slightly easier draw of Peru, Iran and Portgual
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Was going to say this myself. This is going to really rub it in that we haven't made it. Cry

I'll watch it anyway. Still pondering myself whether to go anyway to Moscow for a few days and was going to wait to see how the draw goes (not booking anything before then in case England are drawn to play there - really keen to avoid their crowd after the last 'meeting' between them and the Russians).

If flights are too awkward or expensive though, I'll reluctantly give it a miss and watch it at home.  Are you all booked already or waiting to see what travel options are available?

I'm all booked with a schedule that shouldn't change or maybe change a little.

I'm not concerned re hooliganism.  Putin will want this to succeed.  He probably was happy re the issues in France.  read into that whatever you wish.  There is a terror threat but of course that could happen anywhere.    
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic