You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

world cup betting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

I am of mixed views on Portugal, they struggled in qualifying but have a decent defence and midfield. And of course CR7. But they also have Nani and Almeida. Can Cr7 drag them to the semis?
I can see them facing Argentina in the quarters and I'd give them next to no chance against this Argentina team. As you said the struggled in the quals.

Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Sponsored Links

Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 6:07pm
Part of me thinks that, but any team with cr7, especially in the form he is in, have a chance against anyone
Dino Baggio View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dino Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 9:30am
Does Bony get his game for the Ivory Coast? 150/1 with BET365...the chap had a decent season and hit a good bit of form towards the end of it
Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 9:33am
Seeing news of this Suarez injury gives me justification for waiting to make my World Cup bets.
I've an idea of what Im doing but an injury to a key player would go a long way to changing my mind.
Oh Poland we loved you.....
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Jackthelad Jackthelad wrote:

Seeing news of this Suarez injury gives me justification for waiting to make my World Cup bets.
I've an idea of what Im doing but an injury to a key player would go a long way to changing my mind.

+1, I'm gonna wait until the day before it to put my bets on I think.
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
thedream View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 11:50am

I genuinely cannot see how Holland will do well. Beating the Aussies will be extent of their ambitions.

How come? They were excellent in qualifying. Best in europe.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 12:24pm
Best in Europe? Hmmm. Along with the Swiss, they had the easiest group. They also have an incredibly weak and inexperienced defence, have a very average midfield with many key players on the back of a bad season, including RVP.Add in a manager who has his mind elsewhere and always falls out with someone, a regular Dutch trait at tournaments and you have a lot of problems. They have also been drawn in a group with 2 superior teams.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 1:43pm

Best in Europe? Hmmm. Along with the Swiss, they had the easiest group. They also have an incredibly weak and inexperienced defence, have a very average midfield with many key players on the back of a bad season, including RVP.Add in a manager who has his mind elsewhere and always falls out with someone, a regular Dutch trait at tournaments and you have a lot of problems. They have also been drawn in a group with 2 superior teams.
Yeah that defence would want to have a big breakout tournament if they're gonna do anything
  • Daryl Janmaat (24, Feyenord, 13 caps)
  • Jeffrey Bruma (22, PSV, 5 caps)
  • Ron Vlaar (RON f**kING VLAAR!!!)
  • Bruno Martins (22, FEyenord, 13 caps)
  • Daley Blind (24, Ajax, 9 caps)
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by thedream thedream wrote:

I genuinely cannot see how Holland will do well. Beating the Aussies will be extent of their ambitions.

How come? They were excellent in qualifying. Best in europe.

Won all their games before qualifying for Euro 2012*, ended up with zero points at the tournament.

*Lost the last game which was irrelevant as they had already topped the group.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 1:52pm
And they were stronger 2 years ago
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 2:06pm
I hold very little hope for the Dutch also. Theyll do well to get out of the group. Will be 1 of the also rans, gone home by the Quarter-Final stage.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 2:14pm
Daley Blind might be inexperienced but he is Danny Blind's son.... he was brought up watching defending.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Daley Blind might be inexperienced but he is Danny Blind's son.... he was brought up watching defending.

when he goes out on the beer with his dad he always picks up the tab , he gets Blind drunk.
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

when he goes out on the beer with his dad he always picks up the tab , he gets Blind drunk.
Did you rob Eire's jokebook?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by cm79 cm79 wrote:

I enjoyed that Milla. I'm easily pleased though
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 5:06pm
Cameroon/Australia/Costa Rica/Honduras/Iran/USA/Algeria  to finish bottom of their groups - €10 wins €150
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2014 at 12:20am
Originally posted by Jackthelad Jackthelad wrote:

Originally posted by cm79 cm79 wrote:

I enjoyed that Milla. I'm easily pleased though

It's called stupidity.  Milla's joke was an insult to Eire32
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2014 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

Cameroon/Australia/Costa Rica/Honduras/Iran/USA/Algeria  to finish bottom of their groups - €10 wins €150

7 teams and it's 14/1 - good luck with that accumalator
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic