Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=48785
Printed Date: 09 May 2024 at 6:05pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: world cup betting
Posted By: t_rAndy
Subject: world cup betting
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 9:01pm
Having a look there and some decent odds. Spain 7-1 is a cracking price. Spain to win and Diego Costa top scorer 66-1. Like the latter one a lot. Going to spread a few bets anyway and make it interesting

Replies:
Posted By: armahibee
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 9:05pm
Got neymar top scorer,
brazil to win double. Cant mind the odds but a 10 pays back 480.

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 9:12pm
My money is on GermanyThumbs Up Suarez top scorer.

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 9:22pm
Will be backing Spain. 7/1 is a great price.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: colmoc
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Having a look there and some decent odds. Spain 7-1 is a cracking price. Spain to win and Diego Costa top scorer 66-1. Like the latter one a lot. Going to spread a few bets anyway and make it interesting
did costa not break his leg?

Posted By: colmoc
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

Got neymar top scorer,
47/1

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 10:41pm
Brazil & Neymar Top Scorer double is 40/1 for me Thumbs Up

Columbia 35/1 is a good price but because of the brackets are worked they'll have to upset Brazil in the Quarter finals.

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

did costa not break his leg?

Got a gash just

Posted By: HuntysCousin
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 12:04am
Aguero top scorer is 16/1 (I think).With their group,he could win it in those 3 games alone

Posted By: uncle sam
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 12:59am
Stick a quid on boznia lads #itk

Posted By: Jackthelad
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 9:03am
A fiver on blatter to realise the error of his ways and make ireland the 33rd team, good man sepp.

-------------
Oh Poland we loved you.....

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 9:16am
Chile and Colombia as dark horses. The form of Messi would concern me if I was an Argentinian fan.

Personally can't see a European team winning it. The climate would favour the South Americans. Hence why I'm going for Chile to win and Aguero top scorer.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 9:20am
I can't see Chile getting out of their group. I think Spain and the Dutch will get the top two spots in that group. Maybe having the Aussies as their first game will be an advantage because they can take an early lead in the group.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 2:56pm

Got neymar top scorer,
470000000000000000000/10000000000000000000

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I can't see Chile getting out of their group. I think Spain and the Dutch will get the top two spots in that group. Maybe having the Aussies as their first game will be an advantage because they can take an early lead in the group.
I think they will. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Spanish going out at the group stage. This group of players have been around a while and the engine room is looking a little jaded.

There should be a few cracking group matches nonetheless.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: armahibee
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Got neymar top scorer,

470000000000000000000/1<span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;">0000000000000000000</span>
f**k sake il have to clear this up, im well aware of the total odds I was unsure what the individual where.

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I think they will. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Spanish going out at the group stage. This group of players have been around a while and the engine room is looking a little jaded.

There should be a few cracking group matches nonetheless.
Should be a great group alright. Poor Australia.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: erimus
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 12:04pm
4 Top Scorers for me
Neymar 14/1
Ronaldo 14/1
Aguero 18/1
Suarez 18/1

-------------
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

4 Top Scorers for me
Neymar 14/1
Ronaldo 14/1
Aguero 18/1
Suarez 18/1
Given Argentina's fixtures in the group stage Aguero has to be seen as outstanding value.

Am going to have a punt on him.

-------------

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 1:20pm

Given Argentina's fixtures in the group stage Aguero has to be seen as outstanding value
Not when you consider the other goalscoring options in the Argie team.

Posted By: Dino Baggio
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 1:22pm
have only looked briefly but Germany are 11/10 to beat Portugal...that's max bet material for if it's not the 3rd game and Germany have already qualified from the group

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Given Argentina's fixtures in the group stage Aguero has to be seen as outstanding value

Not when you consider the other goalscoring options in the Argie team.
if anything that should benefit him as defences are stretched trying to cope with the Argies attack...further Aguero is fresh having not played a whole lot since Christmas. All this adds up to Aguero been one of the favourites in my view to top the scoring charts.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 8:44pm
Possibly, I certainly wouldnt discount him.
But for someone to be topscorer you need him to be the teams main goal scoring threat.
Like Ronaldo in 02, Baros in 04, Kluivert on 2000.

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 9:25am
Bosnia,Iran and Nigeria...........Aguero could go on a goalscoring spree alright!

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 5:58pm
Spain to win 7/1
Dzeko top scorer 100/1 , good ew bet scored 10 in qualifying.

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Dino Baggio Dino Baggio wrote:

have only looked briefly but Germany are 11/10 to beat Portugal...that's max bet material for if it's not the 3rd game and Germany have already qualified from the group
First game of the group, both would be happy with a draw IMO.

Posted By: Max Power
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 8:12pm
Why is everyone going for Aguero for Argentina? Surely he won't even be the top scorer on the team never mind the tournament with Messi in the team...

-------------
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

Why is everyone going for Aguero for Argentina? Surely he won't even be the top scorer on the team never mind the tournament with Messi in the team...

Because:

1. Messi is in the worst run of form of his career.

2. Higuain was stretched off this weekend and may not make world cup

3. Argentina have a soft group.

4. Argentinas tactics focus largely on attack.

5. Sergio is fresh due to the injury layoffs this season.

6. ...Sergio is fockin amazing!!!

-------------

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 9:06pm

Because:

He has made 26 appearances for Barcelona since his injury. He has scored 25 goals. Hardly lacking in goals. Pretty sure that's the most out of anyone in the top 5 leagues. And it could be argued he's saving himself for the WC.

He'll probably be back for the Coppa Italia final

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Because:

He has made 26 appearances for Barcelona since his injury. He has scored 25 goals. Hardly lacking in goals. Pretty sure that's the most out of anyone in the top 5 leagues. And it could be argued he's saving himself for the WC.

He'll probably be back for the Coppa Italia final

Fair enough tribal. We'll find out in a few months.

-------------

Posted By: GoneToShowgies
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 9:51pm
Argentina and Messi golden boot.

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 09 May 2014 at 1:53pm
Holland 33-1 in boyles sports. Great price in my opinion.

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 09 May 2014 at 2:25pm
Wrote a piece for a blog last week looking at World Cup winners and temperatures. Only on three occasions has a team from a colder annual climate gone to a warmer one and won the World Cup. If you take Spain out the equation, given the World Cup in South Africa was played in the Winter it's only two.

Personally I think the money will be in the South American teams as their use to conditions.

Date Posted: 09 May 2014 at 2:53pm
The Argentine WC was held in Winter.

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 09 May 2014 at 3:05pm
That's an interesting table but it's a little misleading as well. For example, the mean temperature in the States might be 7 Celsius when you factor in the likes of Alaska, Minnesota etc but most the games in that World Cup were played in soaring temperatures well above that figure.

Having said that, I do think we could be looking at a South American winner. Mainly though because the S.A teams are looking stronger than usual for this WC imo. Chile and Columbia were both pretty impressive in qualifying and alongside Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay that's a fairly strong bunch. Spain, although still outstanding, are slightly past their best at this stage and Germany's lack of a world class striker could derail their challenge.

Date Posted: 09 May 2014 at 3:06pm

The Argentine WC was held in Winter.

Thanks

Still, I think the winner will come from South America. Will back Argentina outright and have a E/W nibble on Colombia and Uruguay.

Posted By: Barna Bee
Date Posted: 09 May 2014 at 3:11pm
I dont rememeber it being cold at all in Japan , in fact I wore the same shorts for 3 weeks ...it was hot and humid 

but i still think the winner will be from S America and probably from a country which is know for its humidity more than heat 

-------------
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"

Date Posted: 10 May 2014 at 10:59am
Belgium half the price England are - the value is with England there I must say.
Nothing is jumping out at me, I always like to have a bet or bets on it for interest.
Won a tidy sum on a Ronaldo/brazil double in 2002 but nothing jumping out here. Anybody fancy any team or player for top goalscorer?

-------------

Posted By: dundon13
Date Posted: 10 May 2014 at 11:13am
I reckon Brazil will win it, with Aguero being top scorer. I think its like something 18-1 so I might fire on a few quid.

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 10 May 2014 at 11:23am
A lot of people saying Aguero due to the fact that Argies play Iran and Nigeria it be a good bet but Edin Dzeko is 100-1 with PP and is in the same group he is Bosnia's main man scored 10 goals in qualifying can see him banging in a few against Iran and Nigeria

Posted By: JUICEBOMB
Date Posted: 10 May 2014 at 11:08pm
Columbia dark horses

-------------
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard

Posted By: Doyler1993
Date Posted: 10 May 2014 at 11:37pm
Going to go with Dzeko, neymar, aguero and lukaku for top scorer and then brazil argentina and either columbia or uruguay

-------------
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE

Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 8:11am
I think there's a better chance of Lukaku not scoring at all.

You have my full permission to use as many of these as you like if he gets more than 2.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 8:22am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

A lot of people saying Aguero due to the fact that Argies play Iran and Nigeria it be a good bet but Edin Dzeko is 100-1 with PP and is in the same group he is Bosnia's main man scored 10 goals in qualifying can see him banging in a few against Iran and Nigeria
not just that blanc. Aguero is more likely to score against Bosnia as opposed to Dzeko scoring against Argentina plus Argentina as one of the favourites are more likely to get further in the competition therefore giving Aguero more opportunities to score. Again he's more likely to score against teams in the knockout rounds given the firepower and strength of the Argentina team. Dzeko and Bosnia would struggle against most of the teams which reach the knockouts.

The big question is will Aguero remain fit???

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 8:26am
Agueros fitness is the first thing that puts me off, the 2nd being I think Argentina will share the goals around the team a bit more. That doesn't rule out messi for me though with him taking penalties.

-------------

Posted By: SligoLad_95
Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 10:54am
I'm looking at falcao for top scorer at 40/1 as I think colombia will get to the semis (10/1) which means they will also have the 3rd 4th playoff (possibly) and these games often have loads of goals.
I've also gone for a Germany/Argentina final at 11/1 and with Spain to win at 7/1 it would be silly not to throw on a sneaky €20.
The other bet I've looked at is the player of the tournament I like Reus at 40/1 but I have considered messi 8/1 and sweinsteiger at 22/1 if he's fit.
I've got no bets on brazil as most of them are fairly low odds and I think neymar and Fred will share the goals between them

Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Jackthelad Jackthelad wrote:

I think there's a better chance of Lukaku not scoring at all.

You have my full permission to use as many of these as you like if he gets more than 2.

with benteke injured i assume he will be the main striker and there group doesnt contain any top sides in it so think he could get a few goals against algeria, korea and russia

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 7:26pm
I know I had a look. But having watched him this season I'm more than Sceptical on him.
He has scored in 3 Belgian international games in a total of 27 appearances. He'd have to up the ante majorly from that.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by SligoLad_95 SligoLad_95 wrote:

I'm looking at falcao for top scorer at 40/1 as I think colombia will get to the semis (10/1) which means they will also have the 3rd 4th playoff (possibly) and these games often have loads of goals.
He's fairly doubtful to be fit for it tho isn't he?

I have Balotelli backed a few weeks back before he had all his arguments with the coach Cry

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 9:08pm

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

not just that blanc. Aguero is more likely to score against Bosnia as opposed to Dzeko scoring against Argentina plus Argentina as one of the favourites are more likely to get further in the competition therefore giving Aguero more opportunities to score. Again he's more likely to score against teams in the knockout rounds given the firepower and strength of the Argentina team. Dzeko and Bosnia would struggle against most of the teams which reach the knockouts.

The big question is will Aguero remain fit???

That be the main reason I think Bosnia can at least get out of the group if they finish runner up they could play France, Switzerland or Ecuador which I think they would give a game. So i'd be expecting them to at least reach Quarters

Posted By: Boban
Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 9:31pm
Hard to know how the French will do but with Honduras and Ecuador in their group,Benzema could be worth a bet.

Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by Boban Boban wrote:

Hard to know how the French will do but with Honduras and Ecuador in their group,Benzema could be worth a bet.

Good shout

Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by SligoLad_95 SligoLad_95 wrote:

He's fairly doubtful to be fit for it tho isn't he?

I have Balotelli backed a few weeks back before he had all his arguments with the coach Cry

I'd be hugely surprised if Balotelli isn't Italys main striker,never mind just in the squad.Prandelli always says he is his number 1 forward,despite his difficult temperament

Date Posted: 13 May 2014 at 10:04am

4 Top Scorers for me
Neymar 14/1
Ronaldo 14/1
Aguero 18/1
Suarez 18/1

Have narrowed it down to Ronaldo 14/1 & Benzema 33/1

-------------

ROLL ON 2016

Date Posted: 13 May 2014 at 10:24am
Im torn between Germany and Argentina for the trophy.
I cant have Brazil personally. I dont think theyre a particularly good Brazil side and I think the same fate awaits them as home nation as that of Germany in 06' and Holland at EURO 2000 - the weight of expectation will be too great.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 May 2014 at 10:29am
Argies were enhanced to 11/1 last week in  a few places.Gone now

-------------

ROLL ON 2016

Date Posted: 13 May 2014 at 10:34am
Im not too fussed about the price, won't be puttin a bomb on anyway - its more the satisfaction if you pull it off and becoming an overnight football expert Cool

-------------

Date Posted: 13 May 2014 at 10:38am

4 Top Scorers for me
Neymar 14/1
Ronaldo 14/1
Aguero 18/1
Suarez 18/1

Have narrowed it down to Ronaldo 14/1 & Benzema 33/1
Since 1990 the golden boot winner has always got to the semi finals at least (excluding Oleg Salenko when he got 5 in one game in 94).

So odds are the Golden Boot will come from Argentina/Brazil/Spain/Germany (or whoever you think will be the semifinalists).

Date Posted: 13 May 2014 at 10:45am
Did a few bets for this the other day:

Spain & Costa @50/1
Benzema @ 25/1
Jackson Martinez @ 50/1
Double Dzeko top scorer for Bosnia @ 13/8 and Reus for Germany @6/1

Also did 56 5 folds and and accumulator on the reverse forecast group betting:

Brazil & Croatia - 11/10
Spain & Chile - 15/8
Colombia & Ivory Coast 2/1
Uruguay & Italy - 13/8
Switzerland & France - 23/20
Argentina & Bosnia - 1/1
Germany & Portugal - 4/6
Belgium & Russia - 4/6

Date Posted: 13 May 2014 at 1:13pm
9/2 for an all South American final. Think I'll have some of that.

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 13 May 2014 at 2:07pm
i think schurrle at 66/1 is excellent value for an outside e/w bet. 

I also think sturridge is a decent price e/w @ 66s too.

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 13 May 2014 at 2:13pm
also lads thinking that nigeria will be steam rolled too.... they have a decent team. also won the African nations cup.

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Date Posted: 13 May 2014 at 10:54pm
Disappointed with their odds but I'm going to back Argentina and Germany to win it out. Can't decide between them.
Will do top scorer too, Ronaldo at 14/1 looks very tempting.
Only problem with that is I reckon they will finish 2nd behind Germany in their group and would face Belgium maybe, then Argentina. May look elsewhere.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 May 2014 at 11:48am
I have to say watching messi again last night, I may forget about Argentina altogether. He needs to be firing on all cylinders, unfortunately I don't think he is.
Who knows, maybe he's saving himself a little for it. I doubt it though.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2014 at 12:17pm
Spain Win 7/1
Benzema top scorer 33/1
Ronaldo top scorer 14/1

Thats the only bets i have done and will do
Except obviously gambling on every single game!!

-------------

ROLL ON 2016

Date Posted: 20 May 2014 at 9:30pm
http://ultra.zone/sp/2014-FIFA-World-Cup-Group-Stage" rel="nofollow - http://ultra.zone/sp/2014-FIFA-World-Cup-Group-Stage
Handy simulator to help with your bets. Ended up with a Brazil Argentina final

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Date Posted: 20 May 2014 at 9:44pm
That's quality fair play clonbhoy.

-------------

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 20 May 2014 at 10:06pm
Brazil v Germany and Spain v Argentina - those would be quality semis, with Belgium, Uruguay, Italy and Bosnia or France making the quarters.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2014 at 10:09pm
Did it twice and got a Chile v Argentina final on both occasions. Quality stuff

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2014 at 10:13pm
I take it you fancy Chile to win the group?

-------------

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 20 May 2014 at 10:16pm
Gonna throw a few bob on Dzeko e/w for top scorer .. Bosnia have goals in them

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Date Posted: 20 May 2014 at 10:33pm
Honduras, Costa Rica and Australia all to finish pointless is 20/1 with Bet Victor.

Date Posted: 20 May 2014 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Honduras, Costa Rica and Australia all to finish pointless is 20/1 with Bet Victor.

I think Fred for top scorer at the same price is a better bet IMO.

-------------

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 20 May 2014 at 10:43pm
Yeah, those are awful odds. They're worse than 2/1 on any individual team getting 0 points.

-------------

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 20 May 2014 at 11:01pm

http://ultra.zone/sp/2014-FIFA-World-Cup-Group-Stage" rel="nofollow - http://ultra.zone/sp/2014-FIFA-World-Cup-Group-Stage
Handy simulator to help with your bets. Ended up with a Brazil Argentina final

Clap nice one.

I have barely looked at the World Cup so it gave us a good insight, ended up with a Germany v Argentina final, I'm stumped though on which team to pick to win it.

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 20 May 2014 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Brazil v Germany and Spain v Argentina - those would be quality semis

Me too.
There's always one surprise though.

Date Posted: 20 May 2014 at 11:27pm
Had a long boring day at work today so focused all my attention on my bets for the world cup:
Top goalscorer: Dzeko 100/1, Lukaku 33/1, Neymar 14/1, Ronaldo 14/1 (all e/w top 4)
To win outright: Argentina 5/1, Brazil 3/1, Spain 7/1
Golden ball: Pirlo 40/1, Neymar 13/2 (poster boy of brazil and world cup), Ronaldo 16/1
Bosnia to qualify from group 10/11 ( my big bet for the tournament)
Highest scoring group: Group F ( argentina, bosnia, iran and nigeria) 4/1
Winning continent: South america 1/1
Highest scoring group game: Bosnia vs Iran 40/1, Argentina vs Iran 12/1
A hatrick to be scored: No 3/1

-------------

Date Posted: 21 May 2014 at 6:28am

Second actually with the Dutch topping it. This is how the knockouts went in both scenarios:

-------------

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 21 May 2014 at 10:16am
Clicked the random button for the Group calculations, a few shocks ahead if these are anything to go by LOL

Group A - Brazil 7, Mexico 7, Croatia 3, Cameroon 0.
Group B - Holland 6, Spain 4, Chile 4, Australia 3.
Group C - Colombia 7, Japan 4, Ivory Coast 4, Greece 1.
Group D - Uruguay 7, Italy 4, Costa Rica 2, England 2.
Group E - Honduras 9, France 4, Swiss 4, Ecuador 0.
Group F - Nigeria 6, Argentina 5, Iran 4, Bosnia 1.
Group G - Germany 7, Portugal 6, Ghana 2, USA 1.
Group H - Algeria 7, Belguim 5, S. Korea 4, Russia 0.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Date Posted: 21 May 2014 at 11:09am

Second actually with the Dutch topping it. This is how the knockouts went in both scenarios:

So chile and holland will ko spain???

Really dont fancy them chances

-------------

ROLL ON 2016

Date Posted: 21 May 2014 at 11:13am
Time will tell Erimus. Both teams equally well equipped to knockout Spain in the groups.

The fitness of Arturo Vidal could be key.

-------------

Posted By: SteviesGranny
Date Posted: 21 May 2014 at 11:40am
The more I look the more I think Argentina are the ones to beat. Decent group and decent potential last 16 game, could be in the quarters before they have broken a sweat.

Date Posted: 21 May 2014 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Clicked the random button for the Group calculations, a few shocks ahead if these are anything to go by LOL

Algeria to top their group

Posted By: londonirish
Date Posted: 21 May 2014 at 1:11pm

Im torn between Germany and Argentina for the trophy.
I cant have Brazil personally. I dont think theyre a particularly good Brazil side and I think the same fate awaits them as home nation as that of Germany in 06' and Holland at EURO 2000 - the weight of expectation will be too great.
Take 12s on a Germany Argie final. That's my big bet of the tournamenet with a few quid on Italy as my outside bet (20s).

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 21 May 2014 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by dundon13 dundon13 wrote:

And don't forget the Hondurans after 3 wins from 3 in Group E LOL

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Date Posted: 21 May 2014 at 4:24pm

Originally posted by dundon13 dundon13 wrote:

And don't forget the Hondurans after 3 wins from 3 in Group E LOL

I'm supporting Algeria, so finishing top of the group would be excellent.

Date Posted: 21 May 2014 at 4:35pm
Reus @66/1 is surely worth an e/w bet for top scorer

Date Posted: 21 May 2014 at 4:37pm
I genuinely cannot see how Holland will do well. Beating the Aussies will be extent of their ambitions.

-------------

Posted By: Flanno7hi
Date Posted: 21 May 2014 at 4:42pm

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Brazil v Germany and Spain v Argentina - those would be quality semis

Me too.
There's always one surprise though.
Had Brazil v Germany and Columbia v Argentina Semis.

I had Spain just making it through the group (a group with multiple 1 all draws) but then out in the 1/4s. I think Argentina will win it (knocking CR's Portugal out along the way)

-------------
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi

Date Posted: 21 May 2014 at 4:46pm
I am of mixed views on Portugal, they struggled in qualifying but have a decent defence and midfield. And of course CR7. But they also have Nani and Almeida. Can Cr7 drag them to the semis?

-------------

Posted By: Flanno7hi
Date Posted: 21 May 2014 at 5:25pm

I am of mixed views on Portugal, they struggled in qualifying but have a decent defence and midfield. And of course CR7. But they also have Nani and Almeida. Can Cr7 drag them to the semis?
I can see them facing Argentina in the quarters and I'd give them next to no chance against this Argentina team. As you said the struggled in the quals.

-------------
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi

Date Posted: 21 May 2014 at 6:07pm
Part of me thinks that, but any team with cr7, especially in the form he is in, have a chance against anyone

-------------

Date Posted: 22 May 2014 at 9:30am
Does Bony get his game for the Ivory Coast? 150/1 with BET365...the chap had a decent season and hit a good bit of form towards the end of it

Date Posted: 22 May 2014 at 9:33am
Seeing news of this Suarez injury gives me justification for waiting to make my World Cup bets.
I've an idea of what Im doing but an injury to a key player would go a long way to changing my mind.

-------------

Posted By: Max Power
Date Posted: 22 May 2014 at 11:48am

Seeing news of this Suarez injury gives me justification for waiting to make my World Cup bets.
I've an idea of what Im doing but an injury to a key player would go a long way to changing my mind.

+1, I'm gonna wait until the day before it to put my bets on I think.

-------------
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch

Posted By: thedream
Date Posted: 22 May 2014 at 11:50am

I genuinely cannot see how Holland will do well. Beating the Aussies will be extent of their ambitions.

How come? They were excellent in qualifying. Best in europe.

Date Posted: 22 May 2014 at 12:24pm
Best in Europe? Hmmm. Along with the Swiss, they had the easiest group. They also have an incredibly weak and inexperienced defence, have a very average midfield with many key players on the back of a bad season, including RVP.Add in a manager who has his mind elsewhere and always falls out with someone, a regular Dutch trait at tournaments and you have a lot of problems. They have also been drawn in a group with 2 superior teams.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 May 2014 at 1:43pm

Best in Europe? Hmmm. Along with the Swiss, they had the easiest group. They also have an incredibly weak and inexperienced defence, have a very average midfield with many key players on the back of a bad season, including RVP.Add in a manager who has his mind elsewhere and always falls out with someone, a regular Dutch trait at tournaments and you have a lot of problems. They have also been drawn in a group with 2 superior teams.
Yeah that defence would want to have a big breakout tournament if they're gonna do anything
  • Daryl Janmaat (24, Feyenord, 13 caps)
  • Jeffrey Bruma (22, PSV, 5 caps)
  • Ron Vlaar (RON f**kING VLAAR!!!)
  • Bruno Martins (22, FEyenord, 13 caps)
  • Daley Blind (24, Ajax, 9 caps)

Date Posted: 22 May 2014 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by thedream thedream wrote:

How come? They were excellent in qualifying. Best in europe.

Won all their games before qualifying for Euro 2012*, ended up with zero points at the tournament.

*Lost the last game which was irrelevant as they had already topped the group.

Date Posted: 22 May 2014 at 1:52pm
And they were stronger 2 years ago

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net