You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

world cup betting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2014 at 3:11pm
I dont rememeber it being cold at all in Japan , in fact I wore the same shorts for 3 weeks ...it was hot and humid 

but i still think the winner will be from S America and probably from a country which is know for its humidity more than heat 
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
Sponsored Links

Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 10:59am
Belgium half the price England are - the value is with England there I must say.
Nothing is jumping out at me, I always like to have a bet or bets on it for interest.
Won a tidy sum on a Ronaldo/brazil double in 2002 but nothing jumping out here. Anybody fancy any team or player for top goalscorer?
Oh Poland we loved you.....
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 11:13am
I reckon Brazil will win it, with Aguero being top scorer. I think its like something 18-1 so I might fire on a few quid.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 11:23am
A lot of people saying Aguero due to the fact that Argies play Iran and Nigeria it be a good bet but Edin Dzeko is 100-1 with PP and is in the same group he is Bosnia's main man scored 10 goals in qualifying can see him banging in a few against Iran and Nigeria
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 11:08pm
Columbia dark horses
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 11:37pm
Going to go with Dzeko, neymar, aguero and lukaku for top scorer and then brazil argentina and either columbia or uruguay
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 8:11am
I think there's a better chance of Lukaku not scoring at all.

You have my full permission to use as many of these as you like if he gets more than 2.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 8:22am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

A lot of people saying Aguero due to the fact that Argies play Iran and Nigeria it be a good bet but Edin Dzeko is 100-1 with PP and is in the same group he is Bosnia's main man scored 10 goals in qualifying can see him banging in a few against Iran and Nigeria
not just that blanc. Aguero is more likely to score against Bosnia as opposed to Dzeko scoring against Argentina plus Argentina as one of the favourites are more likely to get further in the competition therefore giving Aguero more opportunities to score. Again he's more likely to score against teams in the knockout rounds given the firepower and strength of the Argentina team. Dzeko and Bosnia would struggle against most of the teams which reach the knockouts.

The big question is will Aguero remain fit???
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 8:26am
Agueros fitness is the first thing that puts me off, the 2nd being I think Argentina will share the goals around the team a bit more. That doesn't rule out messi for me though with him taking penalties.
SligoLad_95 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SligoLad_95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 10:54am
I'm looking at falcao for top scorer at 40/1 as I think colombia will get to the semis (10/1) which means they will also have the 3rd 4th playoff (possibly) and these games often have loads of goals.
I've also gone for a Germany/Argentina final at 11/1 and with Spain to win at 7/1 it would be silly not to throw on a sneaky €20.
The other bet I've looked at is the player of the tournament I like Reus at 40/1 but I have considered messi 8/1 and sweinsteiger at 22/1 if he's fit.
I've got no bets on brazil as most of them are fairly low odds and I think neymar and Fred will share the goals between them
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Jackthelad Jackthelad wrote:

I think there's a better chance of Lukaku not scoring at all.

You have my full permission to use as many of these as you like if he gets more than 2.

with benteke injured i assume he will be the main striker and there group doesnt contain any top sides in it so think he could get a few goals against algeria, korea and russia
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 7:26pm
I know I had a look. But having watched him this season I'm more than Sceptical on him.
He has scored in 3 Belgian international games in a total of 27 appearances. He'd have to up the ante majorly from that.

Edited by Jackthelad - 11 May 2014 at 7:27pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by SligoLad_95 SligoLad_95 wrote:

I'm looking at falcao for top scorer at 40/1 as I think colombia will get to the semis (10/1) which means they will also have the 3rd 4th playoff (possibly) and these games often have loads of goals.
He's fairly doubtful to be fit for it tho isn't he?

I have Balotelli backed a few weeks back before he had all his arguments with the coach Cry
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

not just that blanc. Aguero is more likely to score against Bosnia as opposed to Dzeko scoring against Argentina plus Argentina as one of the favourites are more likely to get further in the competition therefore giving Aguero more opportunities to score. Again he's more likely to score against teams in the knockout rounds given the firepower and strength of the Argentina team. Dzeko and Bosnia would struggle against most of the teams which reach the knockouts.

The big question is will Aguero remain fit???

That be the main reason I think Bosnia can at least get out of the group if they finish runner up they could play France, Switzerland or Ecuador which I think they would give a game. So i'd be expecting them to at least reach Quarters
Boban View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 9:31pm
Hard to know how the French will do but with Honduras and Ecuador in their group,Benzema could be worth a bet.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by Boban Boban wrote:

Hard to know how the French will do but with Honduras and Ecuador in their group,Benzema could be worth a bet.

Good shout
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by SligoLad_95 SligoLad_95 wrote:

He's fairly doubtful to be fit for it tho isn't he?

I have Balotelli backed a few weeks back before he had all his arguments with the coach Cry

I'd be hugely surprised if Balotelli isn't Italys main striker,never mind just in the squad.Prandelli always says he is his number 1 forward,despite his difficult temperament
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2014 at 10:04am
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

4 Top Scorers for me
Neymar 14/1
Ronaldo 14/1
Aguero 18/1
Suarez 18/1

Have narrowed it down to Ronaldo 14/1 & Benzema 33/1
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic