You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What book are you reading at the moment ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 75>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 10:41am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

You can't beat the feel and smell of a real book. I also can't believe somebody is reading Billy Joel's autobiography!
To see naked pics of Christie Brinkley ?
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 10:53am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 11:58pm
The Belt Boy is an excellent book.
A biography about the boxer Kevin Lueshing. Really harrowing stuff and hard read at times but worth reading all the same.

Was giving a mate books at the weekend and this was in the pile. Meant to post about it a few months back.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 10:01am

Image result for how star wars conquered the universe

Reading the following at the moment, really enjoyable prob one of the best Star Wars history novels I've read pretty much goes into how every little detail was created (basically George Lucas ripped off Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers)
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 10:27am
Reading Trainspotting. Some of the short stories that didn't make it into the films are mental. I'll be wary of ordering tomato soup in a restaurant from now on LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 11:57am
Just about to start Ireland's First Real World Cup: The Story of the 1924 Ireland Olympic Football Team 

Heard the story mentioned on Second Captains last week which inspired me to buy a copy on Amazon. "They went to the Olympic Games in 1924, part of the first team to be sent to the Olympics since independence, and it touches on the history of FIFA, the beginnings of the World Cup, and the split between the FAI and the IFA".  

Will let ye know what its like after I've read it.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Just about to start Ireland's First Real World Cup: The Story of the 1924 Ireland Olympic Football Team 

Heard the story mentioned on Second Captains last week which inspired me to buy a copy on Amazon. "They went to the Olympic Games in 1924, part of the first team to be sent to the Olympics since independence, and it touches on the history of FIFA, the beginnings of the World Cup, and the split between the FAI and the IFA".  

Will let ye know what its like after I've read it.

Was just listing to that pod today book sounds like an interesting read. 
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 12:15pm
Been mentioned on here before but just finished Dub Sub Confidential by John Leonard, sub keeper to Cluxton for the Dubs for a couple of seasons. Great read
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Been mentioned on here before but just finished Dub Sub Confidential by John Leonard, sub keeper to Cluxton for the Dubs for a couple of seasons. Great read

Read it last summer. Was some read. I'd never heard of the fella before.

alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 9:53am
Angels with dirty faces, the footballing history of argentina - jonathan wilson
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

Angels with dirty faces, the footballing history of argentina - jonathan wilson

It's excellent  One of the best football books I've read in a long while although that's probably because it delves into far more than just football . 
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 8:04am
Started reading the The Power of Habit, 100 pages in definitely recommend it 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 8:19am
After the little discussion in the film thread I've started to reread American Psycho
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Started reading the The Power of Habit, 100 pages in definitely recommend it 

I started that months ago but never finished  it. What I had read was interesting  but start it again. 
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 4:07pm
The Looming Tower - Al Qaeda and the road to 9/11
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 10:41am
Your Vote Means Everything/Tá Cumhacht Le Do Vóta

It's absolute title gives it away, it's about a Constitutional Referendum in Ireland. Very big online. Some readers may not like the dry content, doesn't give much away. If I suggested it was a 'whodunnit', some people may get upset with me. Promise of an reveal outcome later in the month.

3.5/3.5 Does what it says on the thing.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 11:15am
Fatherland by Robert Harris 

An alternative history detective novel set in a 1960s Germany which won the Second World War
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 8:45pm
Just finished Joey Bartons book , jezzzzzz i found myself agreeing on a lot he had to say . Love him or hate him you take it . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 75>
  Share Topic