You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wetherspoons in Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 39>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 12:36am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Wethersppons have rolled out 500,000 beer mats accusing leading business and economic experts of misleading the British public about the impact of Brexit.

The beer mats will be in 893 pubs in the UK , and states 'big business' has tried to dupe Britons by claiming food prices will rise if a deal between the EU and the UK is not stuck. 

The mat claims the statement is not true and that the EU imposes high tariffs on non-EU food imports, which in turn bumps up the price.

He has a fantastic sense of irony, I'll give him that.LOL
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 7:29am
Reading in the Wetherspoons magazine that after starting work on the Camden Street Hotel and pub in Dublin development it will create 300 jobs and will open in Summer next year.

The aritcle also said the Old Borough in Swords will be opening its hotel part (only 14 rooms) next month. 
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 9:58am

Reading in the Wetherspoons magazine that after starting work on the Camden Street Hotel and pub in Dublin development it will create 300 jobs and will open in Summer next year.

The article also said the Old Borough in Swords will be opening its hotel part (only 14 rooms) next month. 

Have been to the Old Borough a number of times, 14 rooms sounds about right but its a decent location all the same.
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 2:51pm
Was wondering when the Camden one was opening, wish it had of been a lot sooner as I'd love to see how they do in a busy city location.

One in Temple Bar please Big smile
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

The article also said the Old Borough in Swords will be opening its hotel part (only 14 rooms) next month. 

Have been to the Old Borough a number of times, 14 rooms sounds about right but its a decent location all the same.
I was in the Old Borough last Monday decent pub but not as busy as I thought it would be for a Bank Holiday.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 11:31pm

Edited by Denis Irwin - 13 Jun 2018 at 11:31pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 6:21am
Its National Tax Equality Day today in the Wetherspoons pubs today in the UK.

All Pubs in England Nordie land and Wales will be cutting the price of all food and drink by 7.5% today.

In Scotland the reduction only applies on all food and soft and hot drinks.

So hot whiskeys the order of the day in Scotland then.

Big smile
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 7:51am

All Pubs in England Nordie land and Wales will be cutting the price of all food and drink by 7.5% today.

Big smile

When is it?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 7:58am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Big smile

When is it?

Today.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 11:30am
Wetherspoon's profits plunge by 19% 

Profits down but sales up!

Confused
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 10:03am

Wetherspoon is opening two new pubs in the Republic of Ireland by the middle of May opening the Tullow Gate in Carlow and The Silver Penny, in Dublin. Development work also starts in May, on its new pub and 89-bedroom hotel, set to open in January 2020 in Dublin.

The three new pubs will bring the total number of Wetherspoon outlets in the Republic of Ireland to eight, with more set to open.

A total of 27 million euros is being invested on the three new pubs, with the creation of 570 new jobs.

Wetherspoon’s chairman, Tim Martin, said: “We have enjoyed great success with our five existing pubs in the Republic of Ireland and are looking forward to opening the three new outlets. We will continue to look for other sites.”

The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 11:05am
One in Carlow before Limerick or Galway ffs 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 11:20am
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Is there as big a gap in the miserable drinking market there?
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 11:36am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Limerick not so much, Galway yes.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 11:58am

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Limerick not so much, Galway yes.
Look, I’ve used Wetherspoon’s enough to accept them for what they are, but don’t be getting annoyed because an Irish town isn’t getting one. Nobody, and I mean nobody, goes to one to enjoy themselves. They serve a purpose and no more. They are alcoholism without any of the fun. Most people who have used them regularly for any period, and I include myself in this, go in there to remember that there other people more miserable than they are. I have spent whole days in them and never heard a single laugh.
They are great if you want to get your bearings in a town or get a cheap and edible(often just about edible) bite to eat, or you have a problem and want to feel acceted and included,but don’t bemoan their local absence because they will impact good pubs and you really are missing out on f**k all!
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 12:15pm
The Spoons in Leeds city station opens at 6am and is great craic by 9am on Matchdays. It's the first port of call when you've stepped off the red eye and are fully motivated to drink yourself into a heap by the end of the day. 
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

The Spoons in Leeds city station opens at 6am and is great craic by 9am on Matchdays. It's the first port of call when you've stepped off the red eye and are fully motivated to drink yourself into a heap by the end of the day. 
Train station ones have a very different vibe, particularly on a match day. They do, mostly, open an hour earlier too. I think most of the high street ones open at seven.

I am not knocking them, I just wouldn't be of the opinion that one in opening somewhere like Carlow would be a boon for the place.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

More expensive than your standard spoons the Magners draught is £3.29 a pint in there standard Wetherspoons the same drink is £1.99.

Edited by Double Maxim - 09 Apr 2019 at 12:41pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 39>
  Share Topic