You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 256257258259260>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 1:11pm
Northern Ireland were very good in the first half. Impressive atmosphere too. I really liked the loud whistling throughout the German attacks,until they went 1-0 up which understandably killed it a bit. If they play up to that level in the play offs they'll be a handful for anyone. 
Sponsored Links

Territorial View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I've not seen too much of NI recently and I thought they were brilliant in the first half.

Wouldn't of been too keen on the bouncy for obvious reasons.

The "obvious reason" being that you want to believe the malicious lie which has been put about to discredit it, despite the fact that it was sung by us before the dreadful murder that our detractors try to link it to. Indeed it had been sung for years previously in Scotland, and not just by you-know-who.

I guess it's a bit like the old one about  Windsor (built 1905) being named after the British Royal Family (changed their name in 1917) Confused
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

I've not seen too much of NI recently and I thought they were brilliant in the first half.

The "obvious reason" being that you want to believe the malicious lie which has been put about to discredit it, despite the fact that it was sung by us before the dreadful murder that our detractors try to link it to. Indeed it had been sung for years previously in Scotland, and not just by you-know-who.

I guess it's a bit like the old one about  Windsor (built 1905) being named after the British Royal Family (changed their name in 1917) Confused

I'm aware of the association with Robert Hamill and I've accepted your explanation that the NI fans were signing it before this unsavory incident happened.

I'm just a not fan of it.

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:26pm

What’s with the very audible “No Surrender” chants during the English National Anthrm?
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:29pm

I'm aware of the association with Robert Hamill and I've accepted your explanation that the NI fans were signing it before this unsavory incident happened.

Fair enough, my apology herewith.

I'm just a not fan of it.

Oh well, takes all sorts.

I actually like it and others (kids esp) love it - brainless fun, I suppose, in a Will Grigg sort of a way. Visiting fans enjoy it, too.

Either way, it's 10000% better than the execrable Penny Arcade, which has been alleged to be a taunt by Rangers fans about some unnamed Catholic who was killed in an arcade or fairground one time, possibly in NI. Or maybe Scotland. Or something.

Anyhow, it has to be the worst thing Roy Orbison ever did by a country mile, and the day our lot start singing that sh*te at games is when I start lobbing stuff towards the Kop.

Edited by Territorial - 11 Sep 2019 at 2:30pm
Martiponti View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:34pm
You know, more I think about, NI really showed those German guys during the 26% possession they had during the game
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:37pm
I am no fan of Rangers, or Roy Orbison, but their singing of Penny Arcade has as much to do with someone dying as Celtic fans singing JCGE is to do with republicanism. Both were started by someone in the away support who liked singing them and that is it. 
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

What’s with the very audible “No Surrender” chants during the English National Anthrm?

Apparently some Ingurland fans have taken to chanting it during the anthem which they share with us.

Oh, you mean us?

Well that one's simple:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_conditioning

Fortunately it's still only a minority, though a couple of thousand Bucky-fuelled meatheads can still make an almighty racket.

I've grown immune to it, in fact, I was greatly pleased to note that there wasn't a single German bomber spotted anywhere on Monday evening, whether airborne or on the ground!

Small steps eh, small steps.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:43pm
Not sure if anyone else noticed but Zombie Nation was being belted out in Windsor Park the other night, found it rather funny because the PA at Celtic Park always plays it when they beat Rangers.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:44pm
Plays it all the time GD, regardless of the opposition.
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:45pm
Small steps indeed, yis love the old stepping and banging drums don’t you LOL and the very odd fleg but sure that’s only the minority but sure yis know all about minority’s too. 
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Martiponti Martiponti wrote:

You know, more I think about, NI really showed those German guys during the 26% possession they had during the game

Scoll back up to my post from 2.35 pm, and see what others had to say about the game, inc the German manager.

But you needn't bother coming back to tell me they don't know anything about it, either. LOL
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:59pm

Scoll back up to my post from 2.35 pm, and see what others had to say about the game, inc the German manager.

But you needn't bother coming back to tell me they don't know anything about it, either. LOL

Do you think we've time to read that sh*te?
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 3:04pm
LOL
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Small steps indeed, yis love the old stepping and banging drums don’t you LOL and the very odd fleg but sure that’s only the minority but sure yis know all about minority’s too. 

Sort your own minority out before you come preaching to others:

"And youngfellas still sing IRA songs. Morons." - 'Icy Bread People', 9.51 am:

Wink 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

No, you're too busy contradicting it for that, I suppose.

But it's all quite revealing, isn't it?

You don't come onto this thread to learn more about the team etc.

No, you're only here to have a pop, regardless of what other, even neutral voices are saying.

Anyhow, haven't you a Phil Foden thread to be starting? LOL
Martiponti View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 3:13pm
Jeez, to think that some on here think you're a smart cookie! You'd hardly expect Löw to say that TE was sh*t.Of course he's going to talk them up, especially after he got beaten by the Dutch a few days earlier, at home.TE is a bad team, and if you read Lord Ashcroft poll, you'll see why TE will never qualify for another tournament.What is it they say in Germany?     Auf Wiedersehen TE!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 3:13pm

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

No, you're too busy contradicting it for that, I suppose.

But it's all quite revealing, isn't it?

You don't come onto this thread to learn more about the team etc.

No, you're only here to have a pop, regardless of what other, even neutral voices are saying.

Anyhow, haven't you a Phil Foden thread to be starting? LOL

That's better, just 5 lines Clap

Still pure sh*te, but its concise sh*te at least.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 256257258259260>
  Share Topic