Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=51293
Printed Date: 18 Apr 2024 at 6:17am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann
Posted By: Double Maxim
Subject: We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 7:18pm

Northern Ireland v Finland: Christian protests expected at Sunday football match

Religious protests are expected to be held this Sunday as Northern Ireland play their first home international game on the Sabbath.

Sunday football games have always been a contentious issue but while Northern Ireland have played abroad on the Sabbath they have never played a home international on a Sunday.

Uefa, and not the countries, have arranged the dates of the upcoming qualifying campaign.

Northern Ireland will take on Finland in the Euro 2016 home qualifier

Irish FA to ask European Football's governing body Uefa to switch the match to a weekday.

At the time IFA president Jim Shaw saw the matter was outside its control and there was no chance of the game being moved.

A Christian protest  is expected to take place on Sunday.

The Evangelical Protestant Society has issued a statement in which it said the football match was "yet another step towards erosion of Lord's day in Northern Ireland".

"Our Province once held resolutely to Sunday observance, but those days are long gone. Church attendance is in decline and Sunday has become a day for shopping, sport and recreation. Far too many sporting and social events are now organised on Sundays with, it seems, scant regard for the rights of evangelicals who, because of their faith, are unable to be involved.

"Many evangelical Protestants are ardent fans of the national team and would dearly love to be present at the match. We wonder what efforts, if any, were made to have Sunday’s fixture re-arranged. We also wonder what, if any, consultation has been held with churches and residents in the area around Windsor Park in relation to how the match might affect them."

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Replies:
Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 7:35pm
LOL

Is there anything that doesn't enrage this lot? They'll be accusing UEFA next of eroding their culture.

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: Territorial
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 9:18pm
If you want to know what the fans think of the protestors, the game has been completely sold out for ages.

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 10:20pm
ffs The lords day

Posted By: Deane
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 10:38pm
HOLY sh*t LOL

Posted By: SByrne24
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

If you want to know what the fans think of the protestors, the game has been completely sold out for ages.

They're inside the stadium chanting 'German Bombers' and Doing the Bouncy aint no time to protest.. thats only on St Patricks day  LOLLOLLOL

Posted By: Stillhuntinghenry
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 10:57pm
I agree with them , Sundays are for sky sports and pints down the kneebreakers

-------------
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 11:41pm
I thought Sunday was the day they play with their flutes and stand on Twaddel Avenue looking for people to respect their KKKulture?

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I thought Sunday was the day they play with their flutes and stand on Twaddel Avenue looking for people to respect their KKKulture?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx8lOBkNPTo
No no.. they're missing this Sunday, they've the bouncy to do.

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 8:24am
Have they no gay wedding cakes to be protesting about instead

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Have they no gay wedding cakes to be protesting about instead

Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 12:28pm
Carl Frampton on football focus talking about 'our wee country'    our wee statelet he means.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2015 at 5:29pm

Damage to Windsor Park's West Stand throws Euro 2016, Irish Cup and premiership matches into doubt

Club and international matches at Windsor Park have been thrown into doubt after cracks in the stadium's structure were discovered.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/music/news/watch-nicki-minaj-superfan-meets-and-performs-with-star-on-stage-at-the-odyssey-arena-belfast-31113509.html" rel="nofollow -

- http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/cathedral-quarter-arts-festival-ready-to-rock-with-the-charlatans-wilko-johnson-and-better-call-saul-theme-writers-little-barrie-31113746.html" rel="nofollow -   http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/woman-admits-assaulting-sinn-fein-councillor-who-intervened-when-she-verbally-abused-polish-couple-on-a-belfast-bus-court-hears-31113719.html" rel="nofollow - The West Stand - known as the Kop - was sealed off yesterday while engineers carried out an assessment of the damage, thought to have happened overnight.

The IFA was last night quick to play down any suggestion that upcoming games at the stadium may not be able to go ahead as a result of possible subsidence.

Chairman of the Amalgamation of Official Northern Ireland Supporters Clubs, Gary McAllister, said: "It would not be helpful to speculate at this stage, given that we do not know the extent of the damage."

He would not comment on any possible alternative venues for upcoming games.

"It would be better to wait until we have more information before we speculate on what may or may not happen," he said.

Cracks in the structure of the stand were spotted on Tuesday.

The IFA is awaiting a report from structural engineers, although it is not known when this will be completed.

An IFA spokesman said: "The Irish FA became aware on Tuesday morning of some damage having been caused overnight to the West Stand of the National Football Stadium at Windsor Park.

"The association is currently awaiting a report from the structural engineers.

"No further comment will be made at this stage."

.bb_wrapper {cursor: default;} .bb_wrapper .bb-layer { position: absolute; top:0; left:0; width:100%; height:100%; pointer-events:none !important; overflow:hidden;} .bb_wrapper .bb-layer .bb-head, .bb_wrapper .bb-layer .bb-head video { width:100%; height: 100%; } .bb_wrapper .bb-fitme {pointer-events:none !important;} .bb_wrapper .bb-fitme.bb-poster-layer {width:100%;height:100%;}/

Windsor Park is currently undergoing major redevelopment and only the West and North stands, which hold 4,000 and 6,000 spectators respectively, currently remain.

The other two stands have already been demolished as part of the government-funded works, which were scheduled to be completed by November.

Much of the work has been carried out by Newry construction company O'Hare & McGovern.

More than 10,000 spectators were at Windsor Park on Sunday to watch Northern Ireland's 2-1 victory over Finland.

The IFA has said the stadium was assessed as safe before the match kicked off.

However, Linfield and Crusaders are scheduled to meet at Windsor Park on Saturday in a top-of-the-table Irish Premiership clash.

Also, the Irish Cup final between Glentoran and Portadown is planned for May 2 and Northern Ireland's crucial Euro 2016 qualifier with Romania is due to be played on June 13.

Details of the stadium's redevelopment were released in 2012.

The plan will see Windsor Park become an 18,000 all-seater stadium but that work may now be delayed while the cracks are investigated.

Windsor Park was first opened in 1905, with a match between Linfield and Glentoran. Most of the current stadium was designed and built in the 1930s to a design by the Scottish architect Archibald Leitch. In February 2013, planning permission for a redevelopment was granted, with the estimated cost of the project around £29.2m, of which £25.2m was government funding. Work finally got under way last May, with the project due to be completed by November.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 8:25pm

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32337139&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=cQwwVdyMGKKS7AbUxoCICQ&ved=0CBYQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNH-pvaMMDZhCoVI7c2QPq0Br1iWOQ" rel="nofollow - Windsor Park stand facing demolition - BBC
www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32337139

-------------

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 8:35pm
Knock the whole thing. It is a f**king kip

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 11:58pm
Despite the fact that the north in fairness have been amazing on the road in this campaign, with a new ground I reckon the fear of Windsor park will be lost and you'd struggle to believe that NI would beat the likes of Spain, England and Russia ever again.

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Posted By: tonyjaa
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 4:23am
Flatten the whole area . then set fire to it. Have a sponsored pissfest were people can come along and piss on the pitch for a donation to whatever charity they nominate

Then build a tesco on the area. Then do the same for iBroke

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 9:29am
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Flatten the whole area . then set fire to it. Have a sponsored pissfest were people can come along and piss on the pitch for a donation to whatever charity they nominate

Then build a tesco on the area. Then do the same for iBroke

I have a feeling you would miss them if that happened 

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 9:43am
maybe we could let them use Croker if Windsor is out of action

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: dunloybhoy
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 9:54am
That whole stand has now been recomended to be knocked down.

I know someone connected with the work going on up there and they told me 2 days after it all came to light that it was to be condemned and demolished. 

-------------
put em under pressure!

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 10:08am
Originally posted by dunloybhoy dunloybhoy wrote:

That whole stand has now been recomended to be knocked down.

I know someone connected with the work going on up there and they told me 2 days after it all came to light that it was to be condemned and demolished. 

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Despite the fact that the north in fairness have been amazing on the road in this campaign, with a new ground I reckon the fear of Windsor park will be lost and you'd struggle to believe that NI would beat the likes of Spain, England and Russia ever again.

I think new or old stadium you would have to always make the bigger nations strong favourites.  However they continue to pull off amazing results.  Great away wins in Greece and Hungary too.  They are of course 100% at home in this campaign albeit v the Faroes and Finland.  

I still think the IFA will stick with Windsor even with a reduced capacity for the remaining qualifiers.  Playing the Cup Final at the Oval rather than Ravenhill may have given a strong hint here.

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 5:15pm

Despite the fact that the north in fairness have been amazing on the road in this campaign, with a new ground I reckon the fear of Windsor park will be lost
In the end, it's always the fans who make the atmosphere, not the stadium (imo).

And as it happens, down the decades WP has been developed and redeveloped more than most grounds, without it really affecting the atmosphere either way.

I personally don't think that the latest "incarnation" when finished will detract from it either. If anything, it can enhance it, since there will be ore fans inside, including visitors.

...you'd struggle to believe that NI would beat the likes of Spain, England and Russia ever again.
"Ever"?

OK, it might be a while but Jaysus, leave me some hope!

Posted By: d13dave
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 5:49pm
the oval. now there is a dump of epic proportions.

Makes Windsor Park seem luxurious.  

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

the oval. now there is a dump of epic proportions.

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Makes Windsor Park seem luxurious.  </span>

True.

Then again, when they've not been ineffably incompetent, the owners have been looking to sell it for redevelopment and move to a smaller ground for years now. (It should be in a reasonably good location next to the Airport).

Yet for whatever reasons, that hasn't come off. Meanwhile, they've not spent a penny on it in years, apart from what is absolutely necessary (floodlights etc).

How would you say it compares to, say, Dalymount or Tolka?

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 5:39am

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/local/blame-game-over-windsor-parks-doomed-kop-stand-could-end-up-in-court-31158001.html&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=QHc4VbnsNNPzarTggJAH&ved=0CBkQqQIwAQ&usg=AFQjCNGqZlUEK8gifNmifeAZLJ5ivRoFqw" rel="nofollow - Blame game over Windsor Park's doomed Kop stand could end up in court
Belfast Telegraph

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 7:05am
Lol

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2015 at 3:48am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

maybe we could let them use Croker if Windsor is out of action

Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 02 May 2015 at 7:06am

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/crunch-time-at-windsor-as-demolition-crew-tears-down-damaged-kop-stand-31180405.html&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=PWlEVe-2JYzfaIemgdAC&ved=0CDMQqQIwBw&usg=AFQjCNHKIhgJCBxiwFJlYmYvzGch1zWvlQ" rel="nofollow - Crunch time at Windsor as demolition crew tears down damaged Kop stand
Belfast Telegraph

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2015 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

[URL=http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/crunch-time-at-windsor-as-demolition-crew-tears-down-damaged-kop-stand-31180405.html&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=PWlEVe-2JYzfaIemgdAC&ved=0CDMQqQIwBw&usg=AFQjCNHKIhgJCBxiwFJlYmYvzGch1zWvlQ" rel="nofollow]Crunch time at Windsor as demolition crew tears down damaged Kop stand[/URL]
<DIV style="PADDING-TOP: 2px"><CITE>Belfast Telegraph</CITE><SPAN =f> </SPAN>

Why is this news DM?

Who gives a sh*te?

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2015 at 1:21pm
Lot of nordies on here bud

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2015 at 1:35pm

Lot of nordies on here bud

Are there?

There's only 3 I can think of and they're generally good posters tbh.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2015 at 1:37pm
Windsor Park is falling down , falling down , falling down !!!

Date Posted: 03 May 2015 at 1:42pm

You're a lunatic Tony [LOL.

Was up in Belfast a few times job hunting. Was tempted to go into the South Belfast N.I. supporters club.

How,long do ya think I'd last?

I'll definitely go in the next time I'm up for the craic.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2015 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Was up in Belfast a few times job hunting. Was tempted to go into the South Belfast N.I. supporters club.

Prods are scheidt barmen so u wouldn't be served until at least 3 minutes in. Then u have the 20 second period from when they hear your accent...

Date Posted: 04 May 2015 at 7:09am

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Prods are scheidt barmen so u wouldn't be served until at least 3 minutes in. Then u have the 20 second period from when they hear your accent...

I'm a nice fella though. They might warm to me. Next time I'm up, I'll land clean in and declare "Isn't that Gregory Campbell an awful bollocks?!"    

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 6:14pm

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32956195&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=wZJsVbGbAeS67gbBq4P4Cw&ved=0CBcQqQIwAA&usg=AFQjCNEgz5IRNzgQblil4uMJaaoDNg8EPQ" rel="nofollow - Northern Ireland fans sing anti-Sepp Blatter songs at Qatar game
BBC Sport

-------------

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 9:30am
3022LOL

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 2:05pm

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32956195&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=wZJsVbGbAeS67gbBq4P4Cw&ved=0CBcQqQIwAA&usg=AFQjCNEgz5IRNzgQblil4uMJaaoDNg8EPQ" rel="nofollow - BBC Sport
Fair play...wouldn't mind hearing some on Sunday...couple of anti Delaney ones when we're at it!

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 11:26pm

The Irish FA were told that the West Stand had to be pulled down

The West Stand at Windsor Park had to be demolished after cracks were discovered after the game against Finland in late March

Windsor Park declared safe to stage NI's vital Romania game

Windsor Park has received final clearance to stage Northern Ireland's vital Euro 2016 qualifier against Romania on Saturday.

All 10,000 available tickets have been sold but the Irish FA was still awaiting health and safety clearance.

Cracks in the West Stand were spotted following Northern Ireland's http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32006328" rel="nofollow - Euro qualifier win over Finland in March.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-32383768" rel="nofollow - The stand had to be demolished although the IFA continued to insist that the Romania game would go on.

The IFA was not available for comment on the issue on Tuesday evening but the BBC has learned that Belfast City Council's health and safety officials have given the green light for the game to take place.

After the cracks appeared, Linfield had to play their remaining home games during the season at away venues while the Irish Cup final also had to be moved from Windsor Park.

Throughout the saga, the Irish FA insisted that the demolition work would be completed in time but there was understood to be considerable relief at the governing body's Belfast headquarters on Tuesday evening.

Saturday's international is being described as the biggest Northern Ireland home game in 30 years following the country's impressive start to their Group F European Championship qualifying campaign.

Northern Ireland will move to the top of the table and within striking distance of qualification for next year's finals in France if they beat the group leaders (19:45 BST kick-off). 

Windsor Park declared safe to stage NI's vital Romania game

-------------

Posted By: JD & Coke
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 12:41am
Is there only one stand open now for this game?

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 8:42am
Originally posted by JD & Coke JD & Coke wrote:

No the building works have been ongoing and the new Railway Stand is open. I understand season ticket holders are all being relocated so none lose out. 

2 massive games on the island this Saturday.  Both totally sold out.  2 home wins would be great.

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 9:11am
What would be the second biggest ground in NI?

Posted By: MasterOfApples
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 9:39am
If NI win on Saturday, does that all but guarantee them qualification? Really hope they do it. 

-------------
Craven Cottage, by the river ...

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 9:53am
Can they not play the game at Ulster rugbys place?

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Probably the Oval (Glentoran) could be wrong

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 10:52am
aye the Oval would be but its a complete dump and wouldnt be allowed to host a game like that.

Kingspan stadium would be the next best option for them but they would need to put temp stands in where the terraces all are.

Brilliant ground and well finished.

-------------
put em under pressure!

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 11:18am
Originally posted by MasterOfApples MasterOfApples wrote:

If NI win on Saturday, does that all but guarantee them qualification? Really hope they do it. 

Why?

I do think they will qualify too. I am not sure if they will beat Romania though.
Even if they lose at home Finland are playing Hungry at home.

So NI could lost and still be 4 points ahead of third place team.

How Greece as top seeds, have only 2 points is beyond bizarre.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: roverstillidie
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

The Oval, but it is like GAA grounds in the sense that there is an official capacity that hasn't been tested in donkeys years.

Capacity is 26,556, but 5,056 is safe capacity. No way it is up to an international standard.

Solitude is 3,200, fine, but too small.  Mourneview is 4,000. There is very little in terms of plan B

-------------
He is Karl Pilkington in the LOI section and Karl Marx outwith it

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 12:03pm
I hope they get absolutely battered and lose the match too.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I hope they get absolutely battered and lose the match too.

👍

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 1:04pm
Romanis will beat them .

Posted By: d13dave
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 1:33pm
The Oval. One of the worst grounds on planet earth. If Health and Safety were worried about Windsor they would have an absolute melt down at the possibility of Northern Ireland playing in the Oval.

Can see them turning over Romania. They are no stranger to a home victory against a higher ranked team.

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 1:38pm
Hopefully there is a large away support with one way tickets, just to drive them into complete meltdown

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

The Oval. One of the worst grounds on planet earth. If Health and Safety were worried about Windsor they would have an absolute melt down at the possibility of Northern Ireland playing in the Oval..
As somebody said, the "(Bonkers) Health & Safety Capacity" is just over 5k.

The "Common Sense Capacity" is about 10k.

And the "If They Only Spent a Few Quid on It Capacity" is 15k+

When they moved this year's Irish Cup Final from Windsor at v.short notice, temporary seating allowed 8k(?) in, with no mass fatalities etc. ("A miracle", no doubt)

For something more permanent, what it needs is concreting over grassy areas, new crush barriers on terraces, proper toilet blocks and extra new turnstiles - nothing especially major.

Problem is, the sharks who own/run the club are only interested in The Oval as a property play - it's next to George Best City Airport - and that possibility has gone down the Swannee since the Crash.

This has been made worse by the fact that Linfield/Windsor gets any big games in NI, plus a lot of Government funding.

As a result, the owners haven't spent tuppence hapenny on the old place, nor will they, as they wait for property values to recover (and an easing of Planning Permission for the Airport).

Anyhow, here are a couple of reasonably neutral views, from a few years back:
http://www.footballgroundguide.com/northern-ireland/glentoran/
https://peterrmiles.wordpress.com/2012/10/23/banishing-preconceptions/

Posted By: lexie_2005
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 9:35pm

Hopefully there is a large away support with one way tickets, just to drive them into complete meltdown
It will be a home game for the Romanians,There's hundreds living beside the stadium in the village area of Belfast!!!

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 12:53am
We need more. They are not upsetting the brethren enough

-------------

Posted By: Irish Duke
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 1:16am
Romanians are good people Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 1:17am
Originally posted by Irish Duke Irish Duke wrote:

Agreed. Some fine looking women too

-------------

Posted By: Irish Duke
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 1:20am

Originally posted by Irish Duke Irish Duke wrote:

Agreed. Some fine looking women too

Some smoking hot women alright much better than the fat orangefaced dogs we have

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

No the building works have been ongoing and the new Railway Stand is open. I understand season ticket holders are all being relocated so none lose out. 

2 massive games on the island this Saturday.  Both totally sold out.  2 home wins would be great.
As well as the two stands (North and Railway), they've also managed to open a small section of the South Stand at the Railway corner, which will accommodate the Romanian fans (700?).

Considering they were relying on the Kop Stand being available whilst they built new South and Railway stands, the IFA have done well to expedite the work on the Railway and South stands for this game to cope with the "lost" Kop seats.

Posted By: ABFC
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 1:39pm
The north of Ireland's improved new ground for tomorrow. 

Posted By: Colum
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 1:51pm
Did they just stick in any random seat they could salvage? Surely it couldn't have been too hard to order seats of the same colour.

Posted By: MasterOfApples
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Colum Colum wrote:

Did they just stick in any random seat they could salvage? Surely it couldn't have been too hard to order seats of the same colour.

Yeah, it doesn't look great does it. Was trying to figure out a pattern in it but there is none. It reminds me of the seating in Rovers' ground.

-------------
Craven Cottage, by the river ...

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 2:16pm
Not an orange seat in sight

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

-------------

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 2:24pm

Shocked

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 2:28pm
In fairness, it looks like it will be a decent little stadium for a regional side. Well done

Posted By: ABFC
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 2:30pm
Loads of ground around the world opt for that seating. It pattern makes the place look less empty on television

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 2:50pm

-------------

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by ABFC ABFC wrote:

Loads of ground around the world opt for that seating. It pattern makes the place look less empty on television

This. If it's half full, it looks closer to full than empty. The opposite is true for one colour seating.

-------------

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 5:25pm
well know I'll have to ad that to the new sh*t you have learned today

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 5:54pm
The colours are green and white for NI and blue for Linfield. They went daft when they heard proposals for just green and white 

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 6:22pm
Sham is right, they should have thrown in some orange

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 8:21pm
Northern Ireland fans would have preferred all the seats to be Green and White.
But,as has already been said Linfields colours are Blue and White,and as it is their ground,so a compromise appears to have been reached to add Blue seats.

Posted By: TheMightyQuinn
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 8:48pm
It's not THAT small. your stadium is fine. it's almost average for a guy your size. don't worry about it. I don't like big stadiums anyways.

-------------
You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by lexie_2005 lexie_2005 wrote:

Northern Ireland fans would have preferred all the seats to be Green and White.
But,as has already been said Linfields colours are Blue and White,and as it is their ground, so a compromise appears to have been reached to add Blue seats.
Not sure that that is the case.

The seats are being pixillated (random pattern), in common with lots of new grounds.

The colours chosen were green and blue, with white to contrast. This is because when the IFA was founded, the Association's primary colour was actually St. Patrick's Blue, this being the colour of our shirts up until the 1930's, when we changed to green (to avoid clashing with Scotland). This explains why the IFA badge is predominantly blue as well:

But since green is the colour with which we are now most associated, green, white and blue were chosen for the interior colour scheme.

Two other points. Linfield no longer own the stadium, the IFA now does, although Linfield receive a rent on account of their retaining the freehold. Which explains why it is now routinely referred to by the IFA as 'The National Stadium' (I guess until they sell the naming rights).

Further, since they had to rush forward the completion of the Railway/South Stand corner for the Romania game (to accommodate the former Kop fans), they needed to source an extra few hundred seats from the Majewski Stadium in Reading in a hurry. And since their seats are blue, it currently gives the impression of there being more blue than will eventually be the case.

Beyond that, some Linfield fans may be annoyed that the interior of "their" stadium will now be predominantly green (and fcuk them, by the way!), but if the exterior of the stadium is anything like the plans, they're likely to be hopping mad!

Green and White Army, Green and White Stadium (with a bit of Blue!)

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 11:10pm
Genius from the IFA😂😂😂 The national stadium, al, they need know is a nation

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2015 at 1:47pm

Genius from the IFA😂😂😂 The national stadium, al, they need know is a nation
And will you be saying the same to anyone amongst this lot, who are presently all over Dublin?

Good Luck with that!

P.S. Best keep schtumm the next time you play England or Wales as well...

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2015 at 2:08pm
they said no, they lost all rights LOL

-------------
put em under pressure!

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2015 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by dunloybhoy dunloybhoy wrote:

they said no, they lost all rights LOL
And the Welsh?

The English?   

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2015 at 3:53pm
You mean the English and the West English?

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2015 at 6:35pm

You mean the English and the West English?
"West English"?

Any relation to the West Brits?

Either way, I'm sure you'll be putting them all right about not being a "nation" and all that...

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 12:01am
Already been done in Rhyl and Cardiff. In fairness the Wrecsam lads are an independent minded bunch.

Anyway, you should know all about west Brits.

Hon Romania!

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 12:04am

Already been done in Rhyl and Cardiff. In fairness the Wrecsam lads are an independent minded bunch.

Anyway, you should know all about west Brits.

Hon Romania!

Hope their 'fans' don't attack the Romania fans after they beat them in Belfast. 

Hon Romania! Do us all a favour and shut them up. 

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 12:10am
Lads if the North qualify fair play to them, i dont like the unionist element of them but id say well done if/when they qualify.

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 12:10am
Looks like it will be a nice little stadium too.

Posted By: Snagtree
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 12:12am
Noooooooooooo

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 12:17am

Lads if the North qualify fair play to them, i dont like the unionist element of them but id say well done if/when they qualify.

The 'unionist element' 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
There is cornetto f**king everywhere now😁😂 😂

-------------

Posted By: Snagtree
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 12:19am
Don't get it

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 12:23am

Go up to East Belfast they've a cracking Rangers supporters club up there just wear a Jon Daly jersey, or the NI Supporters club in South Belfast and personally congratulate them. Tell me how you get on they'll love your accent.

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 12:33am
To be fair SB, go up the rock bar when the players brigade are on, grab the microphone and announce you are an Irish Republican Tory and see how you get on. If that fails, try the felons.....

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 12:36am

To be fair SB, go up the rock bar when the players brigade are on, grab the microphone and announce you are an Irish Republican Tory and see how you get on. If that fails, try the felons.....

I've been going in out of those bars since i was a small kid PM with my da for work! Clap Still rather be in the Hatfield  Heart

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 12:40am
What has knowing the owners got to do with anything?

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 12:41am
Hey pilot, i never said i wanted them to qualify but if they do fair play, btw it look like our manager would rather the North qualifys ahead of us, which i cant understand from a catholic man from Derry.

Posted By: Stillhuntinghenry
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 6:59am

Hey pilot, i never said i wanted them to qualify but if they do fair play, btw it look like our manager would rather the North qualifys ahead of us, which i cant understand from a catholic man from Derry.

Kilrea , county Derry. There is quite the difference

-------------
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 11:57am
Another massive night for Irish football and MON. The atmosphere is so raucous at Windsor Park these days that the stand had to be demolished after the game against Finland. Real people, real atmosphere. The biggest fortress in world football today?

We all remember that famous Ireland victory over Romania in the World Cup (1-0 in 1985, that's a real victory, not a 0-0 borefest followed by a penalty shoot-out - take note Eire fans) and here's hoping for a repeat.

I fully expect Lafferty to bang in another couple of goals tonight and who knows, maybe another stand will have to be demolished. After Romania are demolished. Prediction: Ireland 2 Romania 0.

Looks like Eire will be the only British team to fail to qualify.

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 5:11pm
Don't really get fellow irishmen hoping fellow irishmen fail .
As it pains some on this forum,Northern Ireland are as irish as anyone on this forum.

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 9:36pm
We can call them the pub team feeder team B team, whatever they're going to France next summer. 

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Posted By: Joe Stalin
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 10:08pm

We can call them the pub team feeder team B team, whatever they're going to France next summer. 

Wouldn't be so sure - they've a few tough matches left

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net