You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Watford thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 84>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 12:09am
There are players out there who are widely accepted as world class with an awful lot less natural talent than Gerard Deulofeu. The sky is the limit for him as regards his potential, still only 23

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 06 Feb 2018 at 12:10am
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 12:15am
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

There are players out there who are widely accepted as world class with an awful lot less natural talent than Gerard Deulofeu. The sky is the limit for him as regards his potential, still only 23

That Watford side has loads of good players, and in Doucoure and Richarlison I think there's the makings of 2 top class players at the highest level at some point in the future, but for me Deulofeu will never get to that level.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 6:07am
Lawro predicting Watford to go down thats the Hornets safe then!
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 6:21am

@ Sligo Hornet I see Gerard Deulofeu could be out for a considerable time how many players have you out injured now?
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

@ Sligo Hornet I see Gerard Deulofeu could be out for a considerable time how many players have you out injured now?

yes.....yet more bad news on injury front Cry.........injuries have been on an 'industrial scale' this season
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 7:38pm
Important win for Watford today three home games running Deeney has scored good decision to keep him.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 1:56pm
Made my first visit to Vicarage Road on Saturday. A tidy little ground with a decent bit of atmosphere.
Watford fans don't seem to have too many songs that were original but they were vocal ! 

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Made my first visit to Vicarage Road on Saturday. A tidy little ground with a decent bit of atmosphere.
Watford fans don't seem to have too many songs that were original but they were vocal ! 

Does any club these days really? And, if they do, they are a bit contrived and boring.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Does any club these days really? And, if they do, they are a bit contrived and boring.
Hummmmmm they have an interesting home game this weekend Tongue
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 2:29pm

No, some clubs definitely create their own and can be original. And some have historical, unique ones. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 2:33pm

No, some clubs definitely create their own and can be original. And some have historical, unique ones. 

I agree regarding historical ones but I think the fun and spontaneity has long gone from the terrace chant.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 2:38pm

I agree regarding historical ones but I think the fun and spontaneity has long gone from the terrace chant.

Not completely I would say - The one that immediately springs to mind is the "Allez, Allez, Allez" Liverpool chant which has just come about this season. Original song, original lyrics - has built momentum as the season has gone one.

Back to Watford for a second - The lose points for the standard of chippy near the ground. Poor show there !

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 2:43pm
I would consider that chant as contrived, cringe-inducing and frankly embarrassing. Anyway, we will agree to disagree!
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 4:06pm
@PM what would be an example of a good, non contrived, chant?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Reildogg Reildogg wrote:

One I recently heard that amused me was Wimbledon fans at MK Dons who sang "where were you when you were us".

I don't want to take this topic off tangent though, especially as I have recently found out I will be in the home end at Watford in a few weeks.LOL
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 7:47pm

One I recently heard that amused me was Wimbledon fans at MK Dons who sang "where were you when you were us".

I don't want to take this topic off tangent though, especially as I have recently found out I will be in the home end at Watford in a few weeks.LOL

You will be well looked after pM I can assure you
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

You will be well looked after pM I can assure you
Excellent to hear, I can leave the wallet at home then!
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 8:43pm

Very good.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 84>
  Share Topic