Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*** VOLUNTEERS FOR TIFOS ON WEDNESDAY***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Jack shat in case you're wondering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by M.50 M.50 wrote:

I feel sorry for all involved to be honest. Some f*ck (and sorry for calling you that) was sat a few rows behind me supping a can of budweiser and roaring at me to lower my tifo, I replied, foolishly, (in front of everyone) telling him to f**k off upstairs and watch the game if that's the case. I, nor him, should have to deal with this scenario because if I want to wave a tifo I should be in a place where it's acceptable and he doesn't wish to have that obstacle in his view he should be in a position where he can't.

Having chatted to a couple of folk next to me, most of us weren't even in a SS tonight - we were stuck in between different sections, which is wrong.

Personally, I don't see anyone at fault, but, in future, YBIG should work in conjunction with the FAI to ensure all us like-minded folk are in the same section Thumbs Up

DeadThumbs Down

What a sad act, I imagine he looked like quite the tit. 

You are always going to get a few w**kers in the SS. I was stood beside the grumpiest f**ker I ever meet at the Estonia game. (Not you NvidicLOL
It's Jack Shat
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by jackshat jackshat wrote:

I feel sorry for all involved to be honest. Some f*ck (and sorry for calling you that) was sat a few rows behind me supping a can of budweiser and roaring at me to lower my tifo, I replied, foolishly, (in front of everyone) telling him to f**k off upstairs and watch the game if that's the case. I, nor him, should have to deal with this scenario because if I want to wave a tifo I should be in a place where it's acceptable and he doesn't wish to have that obstacle in his view he should be in a position where he can't.

Having chatted to a couple of folk next to me, most of us weren't even in a SS tonight - we were stuck in between different sections, which is wrong.

Personally, I don't see anyone at fault, but, in future, YBIG should work in conjunction with the FAI to ensure all us like-minded folk are in the same section Thumbs Up

DeadThumbs Down

You are always going to get a few w**kers in the SS. I was stood beside the grumpiest f**ker I ever meet at the Estonia game. (Not you NvidicLOL

How is the Humpmeister (sligo Hornets son).
AKA pedantic kunt
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

DeadThumbs Down

How is the Humpmeister (sligo Hornets son).
As humps shouted last night " A horse a horse my kingdom for a horse "
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 12:51pm

To my displeasure, I ended up confronting a couple of lads in front me who had them by their side and asked them (prob rudely, sorry) why they weren't waving them and decided to take one. Ended up having an argument with a dude in front and one thing led to another. A few mins later when I started waving the tifo a bunch of dudes about 6 rows behind starting shouting "lower the flags" Confused

think they were to my left, TBH there were probaly at least 2 flags which given where they were would probably have blocked their view of the goal mouth.

Personally I didnt really notice the flags interfereing (we were in row BB) but could how see if the view to goal is blocked.

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 1:00pm
If there was a flag blocking my view of the match Id say the same. No need to be waving them the whole way through the match.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 5:40pm
Lads, common sense, if someone can't see the game of football they came to watch then they won't be happy. I had a tifo last night and I hadn't a notion of waving it during the game
awaydays View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awaydays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 5:48pm

tried to keep mine down as much as possible during the game as well it only gives others a reason to start complaining. Tifos were good last night although i did have a lot of pissed lads asking for a shot of mine after pushing into 115/114. simple reply no chanceAngry

Your twistin my melon man
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 6:04pm
Had a TIFO as well and there's no way i'd wave it during the match. There's plenty of time before the match, during breaks in play to get the crowd, after we score etc. No problem with people singing for the whole match (it should be encouraged) but waving the flags while the game is going on and blocking people's view is a bit ridiculous.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
greengiant View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 12:13pm

Myself and my mates volunteered for the flags last night and were involved with an incident thats already been discussed...first time takin a flag so when u get shouted at for not waving a flag during the match by the very person who is on here saying flags should not be waved during the match it makes it a little confusing....anyway lads on here saying "choreograph this"..."ss was a joke last night"!!...the same boy wasnt in the f**kin ss for most of the 2nd half!!...spouting nonsense

The first two-syllable word I ever learned growing up was discretion." Dunphy on a his childhood
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 2:34pm
bump.  :)
AKA pedantic kunt
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

bump.  :)

PM me for all forum moderation queries.
greengiant View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 2:43pm

The first two-syllable word I ever learned growing up was discretion." Dunphy on a his childhood
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 2:45pm
Im with BabbsBalls on this I think. Novelty is going to wear off. I challenge anybody to wave a Tifo flag for 90 minutes, the jaysus shoulders would be hanging off ya!

As JB said, walk before we can run. Irish people don't have the Ultras mentality, and you cannot force it upon anyone. If people want to sing, they will sing. Shouting at people and abusing people to "force" an atmosphere will turn people away and that is ruining what we have achieved since the Croker days
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 2:47pm
this is like cluedo
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 3:01pm
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 3:11pm

DeadThumbs Down

ShockedLOL

But saw that lad sipping the bud and he seemed grand, cant blame a lad for wanting to watch the match and not have a tifo on his way

Edited by nvidic - 02 Mar 2012 at 3:11pm
GreenTribe View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Please Count, can I be a Mod?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenTribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

DeadThumbs Down

ShockedLOL

But saw that lad sipping the bud and he seemed grand, cant blame a lad for wanting to watch the match and not have a tifo on his way

feck you jackshat Cry LOLLOLLOL
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

To my displeasure, I ended up confronting a couple of lads in front me who had them by their side and asked them (prob rudely, sorry) why they weren't waving them and decided to take one. Ended up having an argument with a dude in front and one thing led to another. A few mins later when I started waving the tifo a bunch of dudes about 6 rows behind starting shouting "lower the flags" Confused

think they were to my left, TBH there were probaly at least 2 flags which given where they were would probably have blocked their view of the goal mouth.

Personally I didnt really notice the flags interfereing (we were in row BB) but could how see if the view to goal is blocked.

I was standing about 6 rows back, maybe 2 rows back from sham, and when we were attacking down the left in the second half some bright spark decides to wave a flag thus blocking our view, i let a roar to put the flag down as i could'nt see a thing, now i applaud any of the lads who take the trouble to take a flag, and up till this there hasnt been much issue with the way lads go about waving them i.e before teams come out, break in play, half time, after scoring and full time but when you get people waving them especially when we are attacking and people cant see what do you expect, bit of cop on is all that is needed lads. just to add i am  not the bloke who was drinking cans 

Edited by daithi - 02 Mar 2012 at 4:11pm
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic