Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*** VOLUNTEERS FOR TIFOS ON WEDNESDAY***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Real life Fr Austin Purcell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AidoM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 12:26pm
It's not looking good for the tifos for tomorrow night Cry
But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!
Sponsored Links

BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 12:41pm
Fúckin ridiculous that there's a chance we'll have no flags at the game because none of ye lazy bastards will volunteer to wave a flag!!!!

Edited by BigPodge - 28 Feb 2012 at 12:41pm
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Fúckin ridiculous that there's a chance we'll have no flags at the game because none of ye lazy bastards will volunteer to wave a flag!!!!

its a joke, low point for ybig since i got involved, bringing my cousins to their first match, they're taking  two days off school to come up, promised them a game that would have them hooked, banking on the atmosphere to help with that....
greengiant View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

In fairness im not one to preach because I havnt done it before and Im relatively new on here but i think its a disgrace,surely the lads that the count sorted with tickets should feel obliged to lend a hand?!...adds so much to the SS....slap in the face for the lads who bothered there ass getting them sorted...step up lads!
The first two-syllable word I ever learned growing up was discretion." Dunphy on a his childhood
M.50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 12:49pm
Don't see anythig wrong with having 15 tifos waving if that many are filled Thumbs Up

beats having nothing Confused

If anyone hasn't done it before, it's f*cking simple!! Wave the flag when the players enter the field (before kick-off and second-half), at every corner and at the final whistle. Simples Thumbs Up
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 1:09pm
RIGHT LADS,

GONNA LEAVE THE TIFO'S ON WEDNESDAY AND I THINK ITS BEST WE LEAVE LEAVE THEM FOR FRIENDLIES IN THE FUTURE. THEY ADD TO THE ATMOSPHERE NO DOUBT AND THATS WHAT WE NEED FOR THE BIG GAMES SO YE WILL ONLY SEE THEM FROM NOW ON AT COMPETITIVE HOME GAMES...

ALL BANNERS WILL STILL BE ON DISPLAYS AT ALL HOME GAMES ..

CHEERS AND THANKS TO THE VOLUNTEERS . 
SAME NAMES AS ALWAYS , FAIR PLAY LADS Clap

l hear you are a racist now, father ?
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 1:10pm
Fook sake, such a pity CryCryCryCry
keitho5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keitho5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 1:13pm
1. Nvidic
2. BigPodge
3. M.50 x2
4. TID
5.Drog Addict
6. MayoMark, may not be in untl KO though. If there's no volunteers, don't give flags out. If lads want flags waved they have to pick them up and help out. Don't give flags to non YBIGers! Come on lads Jaysus give a dig...
7. greengiant
8. BlueMan
9. Beavis
10. Royoftheravers
11. othiek
Oooooooooohhhhhh yes sir......
keitho5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keitho5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by othiek othiek wrote:

1. Nvidic
2. BigPodge
3. M.50 x2
4. TID
5.Drog Addict
6. MayoMark, may not be in untl KO though. If there's no volunteers, don't give flags out. If lads want flags waved they have to pick them up and help out. Don't give flags to non YBIGers! Come on lads Jaysus give a dig...
7. greengiant
8. BlueMan
9. Beavis
10. Royoftheravers
11. othiek

ha didnt see BB's post Embarrassed
Oooooooooohhhhhh yes sir......
awaydays View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awaydays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 1:17pm
Here lads I put my name down someone took it down stick it back on I'm on my phone
Your twistin my melon man
ThrowInDelap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThrowInDelap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 1:18pm
DisappointingDisapprove
If time's a drug, then Big Ben is a huge needle injecting it into the sky.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 1:19pm

Jesus H Christ

Bgarts View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bgarts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 1:21pm
Just logged on and seeing tread. Disappointing not having them.
If there is a any change we can take 2, block 114, row r seat 23 - 26.

like someone mentioned... if we took 15 say?!
M.50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

RIGHT LADS,

GONNA LEAVE THE TIFO'S ON WEDNESDAY AND I THINK ITS BEST WE LEAVE LEAVE THEM FOR FRIENDLIES IN THE FUTURE. THEY ADD TO THE ATMOSPHERE NO DOUBT AND THATS WHAT WE NEED FOR THE BIG GAMES SO YE WILL ONLY SEE THEM FROM NOW ON AT COMPETITIVE HOME GAMES...

ALL BANNERS WILL STILL BE ON DISPLAYS AT ALL HOME GAMES ..

CHEERS AND THANKS TO THE VOLUNTEERS . 
SAME NAMES AS ALWAYS , FAIR PLAY LADS Clap

One of the reason I moved over to SS was to experience the atmosphere on match-day, take away the tifos and part of that experience is gone Thumbs Down

Why can't we fly 15 Confused
AidoM View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Real life Fr Austin Purcell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AidoM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 1:43pm

I have to agree with the decision.

Everybody wants to be in the middle of a great atmosphere but it takes something to create that; this was done in part with the tifos and by getting people to sing/chant shout.

What people don't seem to realise is that to get the tifos (and the banners) to the SS means somebody (Babbsballs) bringing them and the poles in his van, leaving them there and collecting them usually, the following day; it's hassle for him but he's been doing it since we got the tifos/banners.

This makes it easy (or so I would have thought) for people to take them to wave during the game and return it. It isn't a lot to ask 25 people to do (a lot are the usual suspects), particularly given YBIG's role in the SS and the banners/tifos.

From the highs of 2 Going Green campaigns it looks like we're on a slide

But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 1:50pm
No worries lads . 

SS will still be in full voice every game with the banners behind us. On the big occasions out come the Tifo's and the drum and the atmosphere is raised again Clap

l hear you are a racist now, father ?
kieranmc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kieranmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 1:51pm
Only seeing this thread now, might be a bit late but myself and a mate would be up for this if yous change your minds.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 1:53pm
Nah fair play to you babbs, that job is a pain in the hole and f**k all would do it themselves. Plenty on here moaning about do this,  do that, why did this happen, why did that happen, yet they won't dig out and pick up a poxy flag.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic