You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vienna - November 12th 2016- Travel + Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 51525354>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 9:40am
Originally posted by ViennaFritz ViennaFritz wrote:

And one more explanation on public transport: ALL public transport within the city limits (so exclud. the Airport) work with ONE ticket system, unimportant if it is bus, tram, underground or the "S" commuter trains, the "Schnellbahn". So if you are using single-ride tickets and getting e.g. from your hotel to Charlie P´s involves taking first a tram and then the underground you can do this on ONE ticket ... Because if I remember it right in e.g. Dublin you have seperate tickets for the busses and the Luas, don´t you ?

You can get a LEAP Card which works on all modes on Public Transport but yes it is individual otherwise which I concur is stupid
Sponsored Links

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 10:19am
Just like someone from Cork going on the Luas, just pretend you don't know how it works and it'll be grand.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
ViennaFritz View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViennaFritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 11:06am
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Just like someone from Cork going on the Luas, just pretend you don't know how it works and it'll be grand.
I am afraid the complaints manager of the local tourist board has a cabinet filled with files to proof that the transport board sees it differently, especially since the information is now all available in English as well, the vending machines speak 12 languages ... :-) http://www.wienerlinien.at/eportal3/ep/channelView.do/pageTypeId/66533/channelId/-47643

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 12:17pm
There's a big enough Irish crowd in Heathrow.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
pleamy View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pleamy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 2:51pm
In stanstead now waiting for flight to Vienna this evening. Not much green so far.
Diddles 90 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diddles 90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 8:49pm
Hey mate you still looking for someone to share a taxi in on the same flight!
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 12:23am
Charlie's is the definition of lawlessness. Great night.
Swanny View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 2:07am
Charlie's was mental
Cathalthesmart View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 1:25pm
Where on the metro line is Charlies? and how far is it from there
Hi Lads
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 2:05pm
It's on Wahringer Strabe and you can get off at Schwarzspanierstraße station.

Surely if you have internet access you can actually google
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 11:35pm
What was with the block in the Austrian end that was 100% Irish? Did a supporters club buy every ticket?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 11:02am
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

What was with the block in the Austrian end that was 100% Irish? Did a supporters club buy every ticket?
FAI tickets.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 2:24pm
Yeah, the FAI are given 200 tickets in a good position for every game. That must have been that block of seats over on the left hand side. FAI board members, players' families, council members, etc etc, get those tickets. Normally you can apply for them too but for this game you could only apply for the cheaper tickets, the ones behind the goals. The FAI must have taken those 200 for the groups above.
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 2:38pm
They're welcome to them LOL
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 2:42pm
Just arrived back in Bratislava few shams at the bars but came airside and they have cold cans up to 10% alcohol starting at €1.20 if it's any use to anyone
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Yeah, the FAI are given 200 tickets in a good position for every game. That must have been that block of seats over on the left hand side. FAI board members, players' families, council members, etc etc, get those tickets. Normally you can apply for them too but for this game you could only apply for the cheaper tickets, the ones behind the goals. The FAI must have taken those 200 for the groups above.

those 200 are off course separate to the minimum allocation and so aren't included less anybody be confused especially with a potential perfect storm looming on the horizon of a small ground, handy location and potential qualification  
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

That's where we were the last time
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 3:37pm
I wonder how many fans direct points Ray Darcy and his Chung fella have . Met a good few without tickets that were at Stuttgart to France and all that went in between that were ticketless
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 51525354>
  Share Topic