You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vienna - 10th September 2013 - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 25>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 8:39am
Originally posted by GreenArmy! GreenArmy! wrote:

Well Austria are very well on track for Brazil, and 2 Austrians said to me yesterday that it's definitely Vienna. We can at least start looking at prices.

i think they have to name it before they play sweden , only a loss to sweden would knock them off track , it must be vienna. anyway i am booked to there now so it better be LOL
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Sponsored Links

Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 11:25am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Well Austria are very well on track for Brazil, and 2 Austrians said to me yesterday that it's definitely Vienna. We can at least start looking at prices.

i think they have to name it before they play sweden , only a loss to sweden would knock them off track , it must be vienna. anyway i am booked to there now so it better be LOL

Fair points and probably will be Vienna , but I am going to wait for official confirmation from Tuff Paddy
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 12:07pm
Have heard from a source that this game will be in Barcelona.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

It's Rome!
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

It's Rome!

Flight via Riga be the handiest id say
stepollard View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stepollard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 11:02am
When are the tickets out ?
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 5:57pm

Eh? Confused

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Flights to Vienna are approx the 250 Euro mark

With what airline, Aerlingus direct is 330? Any other one i can see are just around 300?
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
GreenArmy! View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenArmy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Fair points and probably will be Vienna , but I am going to wait for official confirmation from Tuff Paddy
LOL
mayhemb View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayhemb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 10:25am
The Austria away match has now been confirmed for the Ernst-Happel-Stadion in Vienna. It's on the official website of the ÖFB and they've already started selling tickets.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 10:31am
Originally posted by mayhemb mayhemb wrote:

The Austria away match has now been confirmed for the Ernst-Happel-Stadion in Vienna. It's on the official website of the ÖFB and they've already started selling tickets.
Clap
ViennaFritz View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViennaFritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Any good local bars

There is e.g. a very nice local beergarden not too far from the stadium called "Schweizerhaus", where on the day of the match many local supporters will meet, they serve traditional Czech beers: http://www.schweizerhaus.at/1024/eng/index.html
I also like this beer-garden a lot: http://www.plachutta.at/en/gruenspan

CU, Fritz
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 4:57pm
Fritz me auld flower.   Whats the best area for nightlife in Vienna. 
AKA pedantic kunt
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 5:43pm
wrong place...transferring to other thread

Edited by thebronze14 - 03 Apr 2013 at 5:45pm
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by MJD MJD wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Seriously tempted by this now. Price of flights from London to Vienna not the cheapest. Might do a couple of days in Budapest since we're out that way.

Was considering doing something like this myself. Budapest is a serious spot but I've already been there so don't know whether to venture to Prague..or just stay in Vienna a few nights.

Anyone know what the midweek nightlife is like in Vienna?

Myself and a mate stayed in Vienna back in 2008 a few days after the match in Bratislava. It was very quiet at night although I think it was midweek or early in the week as we were heading to Prague for the Czech game after Vienna. Only place we could find what we would call a pub turned out to be a paddy pub full of pissed up Austrians playing table quiz. Good laugh though.

If you've not done Prague then certainly do it. There is a night train between Prague and Vienna where you can book a bed in a cabin. We did that going in the other direction in 2008...the train was continuing on to Moscow and we jumped off at Prague   Big smile
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by ViennaFritz ViennaFritz wrote:

www.charlieps.at (biggest) , http://www.facebook.com/oconnorsoldoak (best food, sorry Charlie´s), www.flanagans.at , http://www.mollydarcys.at , http://www.shebeen.at .....
i say we eat in Charlie Ps and the food was outstanding , boy trout to die for Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 7:37pm
Booze in  supermarkets in Austria are   dirt  cheap!
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 10:32pm
I have been to Vienna at least 20 times in the last 6 years and i have to say it has a fantastic selection of Females , a brilliant mix  of Eastern Europe and German birds Clap

Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
finnanselbow View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finnanselbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 8:36am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 25>
  Share Topic