Forum Description: Qatar n' all in anyways
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=43497
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 8:38pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Vienna - 10th September 2013 - General Thread
Posted By: Lodger
Subject: Vienna - 10th September 2013 - General Thread
Date Posted: 05 May 2012 at 8:41pm
Thinking of spending a couple of nights in Linz before Vienna. Anybody know if its worth going to Linz?

Replies:
Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 06 May 2012 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Lodger Lodger wrote:

Thinking of spending a couple of nights in Linz before Vienna. Anybody know if its worth going to Linz?

Nothing in Linz but a river and Hitlers parents grave!got to Graz or Salzburg!

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Posted By: Lodger
Date Posted: 06 May 2012 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Originally posted by Lodger Lodger wrote:

Nothing in Linz but a river and Hitlers parents grave!got to Graz or Salzburg!

Cheers. Will have a look at going to Graz so. Was in Salzburg before, lovely spot, would recommend it to anybody thinking of spending a bit of time in Austria for that week.

Posted By: The Count
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 10:08am

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 10:35am
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

LOL

-------------

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 11:39am
Regardless lads if this is in Vienna (Which most likely it will be) or not if anyone has the days for it, Id recommend at least a night in Salzburg as well. stunning place.

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: awaydays
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:20pm
Whats salzburg like lads is it any cheaper then vienna? Might stop off on the way down from Munich.

-------------
Your twistin my melon man

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by awaydays awaydays wrote:

Whats salzburg like lads is it any cheaper then vienna? Might stop off on the way down from Munich.

Just do it man! you wont regret it!

-------------

Posted By: awaydays
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 4:56pm

Just do it man! you wont regret it!
if you say so thenBig smile

-------------
Your twistin my melon man

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 5:37pm

I was expecting Salzburg to be very expensive but found it reasonable. No worse than here but as Salzburglily posted you wont regret visiting it. The view from the castle over it is something else.

-------------

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 7:11pm
Wherever you go in Austria its going to be cheaper than Dublin.

Would love to make this trip...

Posted By: planning
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 7:31pm

OFB /Austrian football federation have stated they will confirm the venue at the start of next year.

Tough choice. "Vienna, Vienna, or Vienna?"

"It's Vienna"

Posted By: finnanselbow
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 7:24pm
Any decent Austrian pubs in Vienna?

Posted By: mayhemb
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 9:33am
Originally posted by finnanselbow finnanselbow wrote:

Any decent Austrian pubs in Vienna?

Yep. Depends on what you're after in a bar but I can recommend some for you.

Incidentally, I was talking to a guy last night who is the business manager for one of the first division teams here and has lots of contacts within the association here and he was adamant that the game will be played in Vienna. 

Posted By: Steve Amsterdam
Date Posted: 24 Dec 2012 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by mayhemb mayhemb wrote:

I used to live on that street where the Meininger is - it looks grand and is very close to the centre and a rake of Irish pubs. I will be gutted if this match is not in Vienna. While ordinarily I would love an aul' away knees-up in Salzburg, me and the lads here have been waiting feckin' years for thisAngry

So have we Will! Charlies and O'Connors will be buzzing! Doc must be delighted Big smile

-------------
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!

Posted By: rolo
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 12:37am
New thread. All chat related to the Austria trip but not to do with tickets, accomm or transport.

Will move in old posts too.

I promise this will all make sense very soon and make this sub forum a lot easier to use, so patience please!!!

-------------
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 8:42pm
So seeing as the Austrian F.A were waiting to see if they still had a chance of qualifying at the end of March before deciding on a venue for this game, i think the fact that Sweden have dropped points and even if we beat them on Tuesday they will still feel they have a chance for 2nd, so i reckon this game will almost certainly be in Vienna!

-------------

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 8:46pm

So seeing as the Austrian F.A were waiting to see if they still had a chance of qualifying at the end of March before deciding on a venue for this game, i think the fact that Sweden have dropped points and even if we beat them on Tuesday they will still feel they have a chance for 2nd, so i reckon this game will almost certainly be in Vienna!

No reason why they wouldnt wait to decide til after the match in June.

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

I agree Kerrzy.........but i rang them twice in January and last month and both times they told me they would release the info after the 2 games in March.

-------------

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 9:43pm

I agree Kerrzy.........but i rang them twice in January and last month and both times they told me they would release the info after the 2 games in March.

Earlier the betterThumbs Up Should be a trip to really look forward to if we get 3 points on Tuesday

Posted By: Mr Marbles
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 10:33pm
When will the ticket applications be sent out for this one ?

Posted By: DG80
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Mr Marbles Mr Marbles wrote:

When will the ticket applications be sent out for this one ?

game is at start of september so i would say late july/august..probably have to register interest first like the recent matches

-------------
cup champions

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 5:05am

Earlier the betterThumbs Up Should be a trip to really look forward to if we get 3 points on Tuesday

Might not be a bad thing if it is in Vienna considering the ticket allocation
Ernst Happel  Stadium Vienna    50.865
Red Bull Arena Salzburg              31,895

-------------

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 10:00am
I'd say it will be Vienna, If they played Faroes in Vienna they will play us there IMO

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 1:31pm
If we win on Tuesday, we will send a really good crowd to this. Three points over the Faroes in June and the playoffs will look really possible, so Vienna would hopefully be the venue, and we won't have any great ticket difficulties.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 11:40pm
Cheers lads 

Posted By: ViennaFritz
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 12:56pm
Hi everybody,

Following the great craic we had with all the YBIG-troopers down in Vienna the last two times you were here, I just wanted to let you know that I´d be more than happy to help with any local questions you might have on your away-trip here ...

CU in Vienna, Fritz

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by ViennaFritz ViennaFritz wrote:

Hi everybody,

Following the great craic we had with all the YBIG-troopers down in Vienna the last two times you were here, I just wanted to let you know that I´d be more than happy to help with any local questions you might have on your away-trip here ...

CU in Vienna, Fritz
Cheers Fritz. Most of the lads/lassies haven't booked flights yet as we are waiting to see where the Austrian FA decide to play the game. What are the chances of the game not being played in Vienna?

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 1:42pm
Well chances are there they will have games in Salzburg and Klagenfurt as well, and with the last two ones both having been held in Vienna, anything could still happen, you are right ...

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 8:49am
Ok i just got off the phone with a bird in the Austrian F.A, she said its still not fixed but is 90% sure the game will be held in Vienna.

-------------

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 9:13am

Ok i just got off the phone with a bird in the Austrian F.A, she said its still not fixed but is 90% sure the game will be held in Vienna.

good man , feck it time to book the flight

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 11:17am

Just like the Andorra game was going to be in Barcelona. I'm going to hold off booking it until it's officially decided.

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 11:28am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Just like the Andorra game was going to be in Barcelona. I'm going to hold off booking it until it's officially decided.

Fully understand Rossie, its easy for me where ever it is, i just wish they would finally declare the venue,if anyone feels like hassling them into an answer 00431727180.

-------------

Posted By: GreenArmy!
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 11:34pm
Well Austria are very well on track for Brazil, and 2 Austrians said to me yesterday that it's definitely Vienna. We can at least start looking at prices.

Posted By: Scamper
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 11:39pm
Accomodation booked, €50 each for 2 nights for 8 of us in city center apartment. Now for the flights. :)

Arrive on the 9th home on the 11th

-------------
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====

Posted By: colmoc
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 8:29am
Will book this in a few weeks when I recoup some of the damage from the past week

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 8:39am
Originally posted by GreenArmy! GreenArmy! wrote:

Well Austria are very well on track for Brazil, and 2 Austrians said to me yesterday that it's definitely Vienna. We can at least start looking at prices.

i think they have to name it before they play sweden , only a loss to sweden would knock them off track , it must be vienna. anyway i am booked to there now so it better be LOL

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 11:25am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

i think they have to name it before they play sweden , only a loss to sweden would knock them off track , it must be vienna. anyway i am booked to there now so it better be LOL

Fair points and probably will be Vienna , but I am going to wait for official confirmation from Tuff Paddy

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 12:07pm
Have heard from a source that this game will be in Barcelona.

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

It's Rome!

-------------

Posted By: daboi89
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

It's Rome!

Flight via Riga be the handiest id say

Posted By: stepollard
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 11:02am
When are the tickets out ?

Posted By: Scamper
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 5:57pm

Eh? Confused

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Flights to Vienna are approx the 250 Euro mark

With what airline, Aerlingus direct is 330? Any other one i can see are just around 300?

-------------
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====

Posted By: GreenArmy!
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Fair points and probably will be Vienna , but I am going to wait for official confirmation from Tuff Paddy
LOL

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 10:25am
The Austria away match has now been confirmed for the Ernst-Happel-Stadion in Vienna. It's on the official website of the ÖFB and they've already started selling tickets.

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 10:31am

The Austria away match has now been confirmed for the Ernst-Happel-Stadion in Vienna. It's on the official website of the ÖFB and they've already started selling tickets.
Clap

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Any good local bars

There is e.g. a very nice local beergarden not too far from the stadium called "Schweizerhaus", where on the day of the match many local supporters will meet, they serve traditional Czech beers: http://www.schweizerhaus.at/1024/eng/index.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.schweizerhaus.at/1024/eng/index.html
I also like this beer-garden a lot: http://www.plachutta.at/en/gruenspan" rel="nofollow - http://www.plachutta.at/en/gruenspan

CU, Fritz

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 4:57pm
Fritz me auld flower.   Whats the best area for nightlife in Vienna. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 5:43pm
wrong place...transferring to other thread

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by MJD MJD wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Seriously tempted by this now. Price of flights from London to Vienna not the cheapest. Might do a couple of days in Budapest since we're out that way.

Was considering doing something like this myself. Budapest is a serious spot but I've already been there so don't know whether to venture to Prague..or just stay in Vienna a few nights.

Anyone know what the midweek nightlife is like in Vienna?

Myself and a mate stayed in Vienna back in 2008 a few days after the match in Bratislava. It was very quiet at night although I think it was midweek or early in the week as we were heading to Prague for the Czech game after Vienna. Only place we could find what we would call a pub turned out to be a paddy pub full of pissed up Austrians playing table quiz. Good laugh though.

If you've not done Prague then certainly do it. There is a night train between Prague and Vienna where you can book a bed in a cabin. We did that going in the other direction in 2008...the train was continuing on to Moscow and we jumped off at Prague   Big smile

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by ViennaFritz ViennaFritz wrote:

http://www.charlieps.at" rel="nofollow - www.charlieps.at  (biggest) , http://www.facebook.com/oconnorsoldoak" rel="nofollow - http://www.facebook.com/oconnorsoldoak  (best food, sorry Charlie´s), http://www.flanagans.at" rel="nofollow - www.flanagans.at , http://www.mollydarcys.at" rel="nofollow - http://www.mollydarcys.at , http://www.shebeen.at" rel="nofollow - http://www.shebeen.at .....
i say we eat in Charlie Ps and the food was outstanding , boy trout to die for Thumbs Up

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 7:37pm
Booze in  supermarkets in Austria are   dirt  cheap!

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 10:32pm
I have been to Vienna at least 20 times in the last 6 years and i have to say it has a fantastic selection of Females , a brilliant mix  of Eastern Europe and German birds Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 8:36am
Songs in preparation:

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U-NHTW2-Ps" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U-NHTW2-Ps
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVikZ8Oe_XA" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVikZ8Oe_XA

Date Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 10:18am
Songs in preparation:

1.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U-NHTW2-Ps" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U-NHTW2-Ps
2.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVikZ8Oe_XA" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVikZ8Oe_XA

That means nothing to me...

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 10:26am

Songs in preparation:

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U-NHTW2-Ps" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U-NHTW2-Ps
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVikZ8Oe_XA" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVikZ8Oe_XA

Surely The Sound of Music ?

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Songs in preparation:

Personally I would prefer Ludwig van Beethoven's Piano Sonata No. 8 in C minor, Op. 13  Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 10:44am

Songs in preparation:

Haha...that's Salzburg and, funnily enough, very few Austrians know it!
How's about another one from Falco:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MVMl9DSHnI" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MVMl9DSHnI

Date Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 10:54am

Songs in preparation:

Haha...that's Salzburg and, funnily enough, very few Austrians know it!
How's about another one from Falco:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MVMl9DSHnI" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MVMl9DSHnI

I´ve seen our local GAA-club in Vienna going for Ultravox / "Vienna": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U-NHTW2-P" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U-NHTW2-P  

Posted By: John W
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 12:55pm
Ill be looking for Irish pub showing the All Ireland hurling on the Sunday any of you know of anywhere let me know.

Posted By: gregpent
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 2:04pm
booked vienna just now one way aer lingus outbound 7.30 am 10th sept. will head on to bratislava and budapest after me thinks

-------------
IrelandAway.com

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by John W John W wrote:

Ill be looking for Irish pub showing the All Ireland hurling on the Sunday any of you know of anywhere let me know.

f**k, forgot about this, sole reason i didnt make Astana last year, may have to re-think my plans

Date Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 4:47pm
Ah feck, you'll get to see it somewhere. And if it comes to it, you can come out to Vienna on Monday!

Plenty of Irish bars in Vienna mind, and I'm sure if you contact them and promise them 200 Irish fans on Sunday afternoon, they'll make sure to have it on.

-------------

Posted By: big nail
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 4:54pm
f**k forgot about the all ireland. how much are flights on the monday ? more expensive ?

Date Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 4:56pm

Ah feck, you'll get to see it somewhere. And if it comes to it, you can come out to Vienna on Monday!

Plenty of Irish bars in Vienna mind, and I'm sure if you contact them and promise them 200 Irish fans on Sunday afternoon, they'll make sure to have it on.

Never missed one, will fly late sun/early monday

Date Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 5:42pm
There's a 19:55 from Dublin to Budapest with Ryanair on Sunday evening. With a 3:30 throw in, and Croker being a twenty minute taxi ride from the airport, you'd be grand. I mean, you really only need to be jumping in a taxi at 18:00 from Quinns (18:30 at a push). Not saying it would be ideal, granted, but it could be done, especially if you want to be in Vienna for Monday night. It would probably ruin your enjoyment of the final, though, and you'd need to bring your bags with you or else leave them somewhere nearby (the Croke Park Hotel might well hold it for you if you ask nicely).

You could try the aer lingus to Prague on Monday morning but you wouldn't get to Vienna til about 23:00 (four hour train) or the flight to Budapest, but it arrives so late you would either be leaving yourself with a tight connection (1:45 to get from the scheduled landing time to the train station) or else having to head up on the Tuesday.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 6:26pm

There's a 19:55 from Dublin to Budapest with Ryanair on Sunday evening. With a 3:30 throw in, and Croker being a twenty minute taxi ride from the airport, you'd be grand. I mean, you really only need to be jumping in a taxi at 18:00 from Quinns (18:30 at a push). Not saying it would be ideal, granted, but it could be done, especially if you want to be in Vienna for Monday night. It would probably ruin your enjoyment of the final, though, and you'd need to bring your bags with you or else leave them somewhere nearby (the Croke Park Hotel might well hold it for you if you ask nicely).

You could try the aer lingus to Prague on Monday morning but you wouldn't get to Vienna til about 23:00 (four hour train) or the flight to Budapest, but it arrives so late you would either be leaving yourself with a tight connection (1:45 to get from the scheduled landing time to the train station) or else having to head up on the Tuesday.

Yeah will take the budapest sunday or bratislava monday flight, as for the game, I go with the family so not a big drinking affair and dads work has an office in fairview 10 mins walk from croker so thatd be handy for the budapest flight, just wouldnt be mad keen getting in there that later, will be there one way or another if ive not emigrated, cheers SDThumbs Up

Date Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 6:43pm
Yeah, I didn't mention the Monday Bratislava flight. It's very early and I had been guessing that you would be drinking Sunday night.... it's a 06:50 flight and it is €118 one way. If you aren't drinking that much on Sunday then the early flight isn't that big an issue. If you don't want to leave on Sunday evening, don't mind the early start and want to spend Monday night in Vienna, it is the best option. It's a little pricier than the other options but I suppose it does exactly what you want it to do.

-------------

Posted By: St.Pauli Reloaded 2
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 8:12pm

Charlie Ps will have it on Wink And a Sunday Dinner Thumbs Up

-------------
In Martin and Roy we Trust !

Posted By: John W
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by St.Pauli Reloaded 2 St.Pauli Reloaded 2 wrote:

Charlie Ps will have it on Wink And a Sunday Dinner Thumbs Up
twil do me the finest

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 7:15am
Charlie P's, Flanagans and O'Connors will all be showing the All-Ireland. Have no fear!!

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 9:50am
For the history buffs going to Vienna I posted an interesting article in the history thread about the year 1913 in Vienna. A year when Hitler, Trotsky, Tito, Freud and Stalin all lived in the same place. Might do a tour of the auld haunts in anyone else is up for it.
http://www.ybig.ie/forum/topic19344_post1188876.html#1188876" rel="nofollow - http://www.ybig.ie/forum/topic19344_post1188876.html#1188876

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 8:17pm
A bit of Vienna football history: We once used to have Europe's largest stadium in town: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hohe_Warte_Stadium

CU, Fritz

Posted By: theheff1989
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 12:11pm
Going to book the days off work today, are most people going from a Monday to Wednesday, or Tuesday to Thursday.

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Going to book the days off work today, are most people going from a Monday to Wednesday, or Tuesday to Thursday.

Seems most are going to be about Vienna from the monday

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 12:45pm
Monday to Wednesday - arriving about half six Monday evening, leaving about half eleven on morning. Based on the flight prices alone, the Monday flight is currently fuller than the Tuesday flight - the prices would indicate as much.

Tbh, there may even be a few there over the weekend - I know we are spending a couple of nights in Prague from Saturday to Monday.

-------------

Posted By: theheff1989
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 12:55pm
Sound super Dave will have a look into it. When find out if have days off.

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 12:58pm

Sound super Dave will have a look into it. When find out if have days off.

sure if you had the time / funds you might be better off flying out the Sat or Sun after the Sweden game the previous Fri night, make a junket out of it! Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 4:28pm
in late mon out early enough wed....2 nights out anyway!

Posted By: deco911
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

plus the wed night back in dublin lol

Posted By: Gashley Grimes
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 5:30pm

Monday to Wednesday - arriving about half six Monday evening, leaving about half eleven on morning. Based on the flight prices alone, the Monday flight is currently fuller than the Tuesday flight - the prices would indicate as much.

Tbh, there may even be a few there over the weekend - I know we are spending a couple of nights in Prague from Saturday to Monday.

In Pargue on Sunday; what would be the best pub to watch the all-Ireland Hurling final in SD84?
After last sunday expecting the Dubs to be in it.Wink
According to the Hotel website I'm a leisurely stroll from Prague Castle.

Some beers,travel scrabble, eye spy and a few chorus' of 'The Boys from The County Hell' should see us arrive on the rattler into Vienna on Monday afternoon.

"5 greens bottle sitting on the floor, I wish to christ I had fifteen more..."

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 6:05pm
Oh, you're in Prague too.... cool. I'm sure we'll find a pub showing the game. If not, we can always find somewhere with free wifi and stream it.

Incidentally, I think the best train to get down is the 13:39 (that's the one I'm planning on anyway). The earlier one is at 10:39 (which seems too early for my liking) and although the next one is 14:39, I'd rather get into Vienna at half six than half seven. Booking will open on the 11th or 12th July on www.cd.cz, and it is much cheaper to book in advance.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

Not when you're teaching the next morning!

Posted By: deco911
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 6:19pm

Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

Not when you're teaching the next morning!

forgot school is back by then

Posted By: ShannonHibs10
Date Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 2:52pm

Sunday morning to Wednesday

Dublin Bratislava return with Ryanair for 200 notes.

Posted By: cododonnell
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 4:24pm
Anyone know what time kick off is for this one?

Posted By: St.Pauli Reloaded 2
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by cododonnell cododonnell wrote:

Anyone know what time kick off is for this one?
20:45 CET Wink

-------------
In Martin and Roy we Trust !

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 8:39am
Weather should still be really good in early September, all of these outdoor pools have bars too Thumbs Up

http://www.wien.info/en/vienna-for/sports/swimming-pools" rel="nofollow - http://www.wien.info/en/vienna-for/sports/swimming-pools

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 5:12pm
Anyone know when we can apply for tickets for this ? Have emailed the FAI and heard nothing back

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 5:13pm
About 2 weeks ago.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: Guf10
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 8:11pm

Anyone know when we can apply for tickets for this ? Have emailed the FAI and heard nothing back

http://away.fai.ie/

-------------
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

http://away.fai.ie/

Cheers for that I don t have a season ticket for this year as I have been out of the country so how do I get a login ?

Posted By: El_nino
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 8:54pm
Email them telling them you want to apply for tickets for the Austria game and they should issue you with a username and password.

Failing that I wouldn't worry about tickets for this game, will be plenty floating about for our end the day of the game. Always are.

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

Email them telling them you want to apply for tickets for the Austria game and they should issue you with a username and password.

Failing that I wouldn't worry about tickets for this game, will be plenty floating about for our end the day of the game. Always are.

Cheers man. Never been outside the ground for an away game but always better not to have this worry.

I am bring a mate from Brazil who will be over visiting at the time do you think if I apply for an away ticket for him in his name it will be a problem . 

Posted By: El_nino
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 9:14pm

Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

Cheers man. Never been outside the ground for an away game but always better not to have this worry.

I am bring a mate from Brazil who will be over visiting at the time do you think if I apply for an away ticket for him in his name it will be a problem . 

As far as I'm aware we have a 10% allocation for this game therefore 5k tickets. Bar Poland & the Paris play off we have not had anywhere near 5k at any of the away games in the past two campaigns. Be doing well to bring 2,500 to Vienna IMO so tickets won't be an issue. If you don't get sorted by the FAI lots of spares will be about night before, day of the game or at the team hotel. As for your mate applying through the FAI I don't think that will be a problem either.

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 9:16pm
Cheers Thumbs Up

Posted By: JohnnyD87
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 10:39pm

Disgraceful, been emailing them any havin no luck or help watsoever

Posted By: Gashley Grimes
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2013 at 3:30pm
Try cria.oneill@fai.ie

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2013 at 6:58pm
Anyone in Budapest on the Sunday of the hurling final will be able to watch it in jack doyler irish pub. Friend of mine who is college in Budapest has told me its a good spot with cheap drink and food

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2013 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Anyone in Budapest on the Sunday of the hurling final will be able to watch it in jack doyler irish pub. Friend of mine who is college in Budapest has told me its a good spot with cheap drink and food

my mate and his woman want to fly there instead of Prague on the Sunday.I'd nearly cancel going to Prague and head back to Budapest with them.I haven't booked flights just accommodation in Vienna.

You heading solo Ringerbell?

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net