You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 223224225226227 329>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fozzy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2021 at 3:18pm
eiran cashin scored for derby in a two nil win today.  Festy ebousele and Louie Watson started the match as well
Sponsored Links

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2021 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Fozzy B Fozzy B wrote:

eiran cashin scored for derby in a two nil win today.  Festy ebousele and Louie Watson started the match as well

I watched it, Cashin and Ebosele were phenomenal. Eboseles pace is frightening, he kept going past their defense like they werent even there. He won the peno too from beating 2 of their lads and the 3rd had no choice but to put in a last ditch tackle.

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2021 at 7:02pm
Looks like Zefi to Inter on a 3 year deal is in the final stages with an official announcement due very shortly.

Only time will tell if its a good move for the lad.
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2021 at 7:23pm
anyone else worried that Zefi said he was happy representing Ireland ‘for now’ in the Times interview?
DR.HUGO View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DR.HUGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2021 at 7:32pm
Not worried about him representing any other country Green it was more kinda a if I don’t make it with Ireland I won’t turn down international football via Albania.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2021 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

anyone else worried that Zefi said he was happy representing Ireland ‘for now’ in the Times interview?

No.
Lad is as Dublin as they come.
He has stated how much he wants to get senior Irish caps but he'd be mad to close the door on Albania if Ireland didn't happen for him.

But for now what are our expectaions?
How do Inter treat these 16-year olds?
Is there an underage league they play in for a bit?
Will he be training with the first team or is he in some academy?

It's an exciting move and more lads heading further afield can only be good for us and them.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2021 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

But for now what are our expectaions?
How do Inter treat these 16-year olds?
Is there an underage league they play in for a bit?
Will he be training with the first team or is he in some academy?

It's an exciting move and more lads heading further afield can only be good for us and them.

Only turned 16 in February and hasn't made a senior appearance for Rovers first team yet (If you ignore Rovers B competing in the First Division last year).

So Id say he goes straight into their U19s Youth team that compete in the Primavera, an u19s League similar to the the u18s PL. Same one Ryan Nolan was captain of for a couple of years.

How will he get on there? Who knows.

Hes competing with a few hundred other talented kids that only a very small number manage that manage to go onto be professional footballers let alone progress to the senior team.

As we know, Ryan Nolan was their underage Captain that won the youth league and cup 2 years running and competed in the UEFA Youth League (Underage Champions League equivalent), he was named on the bench in the Europa League around the same time then sold a year later to a Serie C team without having ever made an appearance for Inter.

So it'll take something special for him to break through there when they're very much a buying club when it comes to players.

He has the right attitude though, reading his quotes today

"I hear loads of stories of really talented footballers who couldn't keep their feet on the ground and they didn’t get very far in football," he told The Sunday Times.

"My future is at Inter Milan. I have worked hard for that and I will continue to work hard and stay motivated."

He goes onto mention hes already been learning Italian.

So best of luck to the lad!

gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 12:12pm
Remember the Irish kid who won the Jamie Redknap show thing on Sky.....turned down a contract at Inter because he was homesick, looked a talent..........where is he now? think I read a few yrs ago he was with someone in the LoI
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Remember the Irish kid who won the Jamie Redknap show thing on Sky.....turned down a contract at Inter because he was homesick, looked a talent..........where is he now? think I read a few yrs ago he was with someone in the LoI

You’re thinking of Craig Walsh. I don’t think he actually won Footballs Next Star (or whatever it was called). He’s been around the LSL for a good while. He won a few trophies with Crumlin but he’s not with them anymore. Very good intermediate level player. 
El Puto Amo
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 1:25pm
yeah he didn’t win. Good looking English lad won it. Think he ended up playing non league football. Looked a bit like CR7
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

You’re thinking of Craig Walsh. I don’t think he actually won Footballs Next Star (or whatever it was called). He’s been around the LSL for a good while. He won a few trophies with Crumlin but he’s not with them anymore. Very good intermediate level player. 

Might be right, I seem to recall him getting to the final stage and pulling out.....there was a couple other very good Irish kids who went far in it
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 1:31pm

Might be right, I seem to recall him getting to the final stage and pulling out.....there was a couple other very good Irish kids who went far in it

Story went around that he was offered the contract with Inter, and refused it because he was homesick.
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 1:34pm

Conor Smith from Mullingar did pretty well in the competition and then went on to have a pro career in the lower leagues in England
El Puto Amo
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 1:39pm
Liam Scales off to Celtic, apparently 
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Bit of a step down.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 1:52pm

Conor Smith from Mullingar did pretty well in the competition and then went on to have a pro career in the lower leagues in England
yeah think he did the best out of it
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Hate seeing young Irish lads going there 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 2:01pm
The usual pittance i suppose??
I love beer gardens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 223224225226227 329>
  Share Topic