You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 424425426427428 535>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

My personal prediction is that both Tories and Labour will lose seats.
Lib Dems being the biggest winners, followed by SNP then Brexit Party with minor gains.

End up in a rainbow coalition which will collapse within 6 months and another GE will happen.

The last time a GE was held in December a Tory government called it and the said scenario happened, I think we'll see it again.

Brexit party will implode. They won't win a seat. SNP should make some decent gains. The Tories will have a majority. Labour will lose seats. The Lib Dems might gain a few. But nothing substantial. In the North SDLP to gain two- Foyle and South Belfast. Sinn Fein will end with 6 or maybe 7 if Finucane wins in North Belfast. Most likely 6 though. DUP probably end with 10 again. Lose South Belfast and gain North Down though Alliance have a shout there.

Sorry but as my previous post, this is incorrect.

Even in my own constituency they're polling 2nd in which is has always been a Labour held. Such the stain the likes of Tommy Robinson has left campaigning around here.
Even after Nissan cut its work force and cut its production and threatened to move completely, the inbreds around here still genuinely think a hard Brexit is best for Sunderland!

As per my previous post the BP seem to be targeting the more deprived areas in the North East and East coast with high % leave votes - Hartlepool and Grimsby are considered to be huge targets for them and I think they'll get them unfortunately. 

Cannot see where a Tory majority will come from, expecting to see both Labour and Torys moved aside in Scotland in place of Lib Dem/SNP and then you have the ousted MP's who refused to rejoin the whip - Amber Rudd springs to mind which Labour will most definitely want to win I'll be amazed if they even reach 300! I'd also be amazed if Labour hit Ed Milibands dire result this is how of a stalemate British politics is in.

230 will be enough to see a rainbow coalition however with the seats I'm expecting LD/SNP to gain hence my prediction.

The first past the pos system will always result in quirks, and I think that includes a massive proportional difference in vote percentage and seats won. Also, it will depend on swing constituencies. You also have to turn constituencies in order to win a majority.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

The referendum result ?
If there is a second referendum, of which there is no guarantee, Scotland will say yes. I think it will be comfortable too. This election and Brexit have been a godsend for those who want an independent Scotland. They will be erecting statues to the buffoon.

Couldn’t disagree more I actually think it will be harder to win 

The establishment never  they could lose until near the end - they won’t make the same mistake again

The farcical scare story of checkpoints at the border of England and Scotland was dismissed by most as just that but with the uk leaving the EU there is an actual land border with the Eu though how this is managed will depend on Eu/uk brexit negotiations and how the border between ni and GB is managed 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 8:49pm
The circus that is English politics, the lies and deceit, the complete heartlessness of the Tories who want to bring back Thatcherism, the complete disdain for Scotland’s remain...
I honestly think they could get Salmond in dressed like Jimmy Savile to front the campaign and still win.

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The circus that is English politics, the lies and deceit, the complete heartlessness of the Tories who want to bring back Thatcherism, the complete disdain for Scotland’s remain...
I honestly think they could get Salmond in dressed like Jimmy Savile to front the campaign and still win.

hope you are right but they didn't control a quarter of the globe by being nice - if you think the last campaign was nasty the next one will be vicious and the YES  Campaign better fight dirty
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 10:19pm
How the ruled the world, and still do, is a mystery. It merely highlights the stupidity of people.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 12:14am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Lib Dems being the biggest winners, followed by SNP then Brexit Party with minor gains.

End up in a rainbow coalition which will collapse within 6 months and another GE will happen.

The last time a GE was held in December a Tory government called it and the said scenario happened, I think we'll see it again.

Brexit party will implode. They won't win a seat. SNP should make some decent gains. The Tories will have a majority. Labour will lose seats. The Lib Dems might gain a few. But nothing substantial. In the North SDLP to gain two- Foyle and South Belfast. Sinn Fein will end with 6 or maybe 7 if Finucane wins in North Belfast. Most likely 6 though. DUP probably end with 10 again. Lose South Belfast and gain North Down though Alliance have a shout there.

Even in my own constituency they're polling 2nd in which is has always been a Labour held. Such the stain the likes of Tommy Robinson has left campaigning around here.
Even after Nissan cut its work force and cut its production and threatened to move completely, the inbreds around here still genuinely think a hard Brexit is best for Sunderland!

As per my previous post the BP seem to be targeting the more deprived areas in the North East and East coast with high % leave votes - Hartlepool and Grimsby are considered to be huge targets for them and I think they'll get them unfortunately. 

Cannot see where a Tory majority will come from, expecting to see both Labour and Torys moved aside in Scotland in place of Lib Dem/SNP and then you have the ousted MP's who refused to rejoin the whip - Amber Rudd springs to mind which Labour will most definitely want to win I'll be amazed if they even reach 300! I'd also be amazed if Labour hit Ed Milibands dire result this is how of a stalemate British politics is in.

230 will be enough to see a rainbow coalition however with the seats I'm expecting LD/SNP to gain hence my prediction.

The first past the pos system will always result in quirks, and I think that includes a massive proportional difference in vote percentage and seats won. Also, it will depend on swing constituencies. You also have to turn constituencies in order to win a majority.

2017 and 2015 elections have seen outrageous swings thanks to Brexit

46 out of 59 seats in Scotland were won with less than 10% vote in it which makes the region highly volatile for party leaders but with the Indy Ref and Remain vote gaining momentum are the 2 sole reasons why the SNP & LD's are expected to absolutely clean house.

Another region where the huge swings will be at are in the Midlands and Lancashire where they're predominately controlled by Labour but are huge Leave seats, poor auld Skinner might have been there since 1970 but he's in a 70% Leave seat and the Leave parties got a 17% vote swing there in 2017, he's in big trouble unfortunately.

The same applies with my own constituency, a very lovely woman and great MP but have the Nissan haters are breathing down her neck, she should survive but I'm expecting a huge swing in favour of the hard right as it were in 2017.
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 2:16am
Sinn Fein demanding a border poll within 5 years to go into government with ff/fg amused me. They will never be in government. What Unionists don't realise is that if a United Ireland were to happen, Sinn Fein would be irrelevant. Sinn Feins vision of a United Ireland is never going to happen because they will never be the majority party in government. FF/FG has as much disdain for Sinn Fein as the Unionists. 
Ideal scenario for general election would be for Sinn Fein to either take their seats in Westminster or step aside for remain candidates which is never going to happen.

Brexit is a disaster, and a United Ireland as a reaction from Brexit would be a disaster. The more Sinn Fein and DUP say and do, the less I'd want either as part of the Republic be it incorporated into current one or a new Republic which is more likely. 

I hope there is a majority of remainers elected. Cant see it happening. 
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 8:23am
The interesting thing regarding the brexit party will be how many votes they take off Labour. A lot of Labour seats are in leave constituencies. However I think in those constituencies Labour voters would never dream of voting Tory even if their life depended on it. They might however be tempted to switch to the brexit party and in a few tight constituencies it wouldn't take that many to defect to alllow the Tories to grab a few seats.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
**** View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:30am
Jezza absolutely trounced Johnson the other night in the debate. Online Twitter poll ITV did in the hour after the debate stated jezza won by 78% to 22% with 28k votes. Yougov said Johnson won it by 51/49% 

Yougov is pro Tory with Tory backers behind it. So that leads me to the other yougov polls. On 30th of October yougov/times poll showed labour at 21%. Latest yougov/times poll on 19th of November showed labour at 30%. With yougov been pro Tory I'd say labour are probably sitting at about 33% with the Tory's sitting at about 38 or 39. It's going to be a lot closer than people think. Few more public debates and Johnson will f**k himself up. 

Another interesting fact from the polls is over 60% of 18 to 35 year olds will be voting labour and it's the total opposite for the over 65s with over 60% pro Tory. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:38am
Online polls carry massive health warnings. Also, there was no trouncing. it was a damp squib.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:51am

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

2017 and 2015 elections have seen outrageous swings thanks to Brexit

46 out of 59 seats in Scotland were won with less than 10% vote in it which makes the region highly volatile for party leaders but with the Indy Ref and Remain vote gaining momentum are the 2 sole reasons why the SNP & LD's are expected to absolutely clean house.

Another region where the huge swings will be at are in the Midlands and Lancashire where they're predominately controlled by Labour but are huge Leave seats, poor auld Skinner might have been there since 1970 but he's in a 70% Leave seat and the Leave parties got a 17% vote swing there in 2017, he's in big trouble unfortunately.

The same applies with my own constituency, a very lovely woman and great MP but have the Nissan haters are breathing down her neck, she should survive but I'm expecting a huge swing in favour of the hard right as it were in 2017.

I still feel that Skinner has been sufficiently pro Brexit to take the seat. With him there is a vote for Brexit available, and you don’t have to vote Tory. Unlike a lot of MPs, I also suspect he has a decent personal vote built up over a period of almost 50 years. The polls may not look good, but I’d be surprised if he was ousted.

Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by PaddyDaCulchie PaddyDaCulchie wrote:

Sinn Fein demanding a border poll within 5 years to go into government with ff/fg amused me. They will never be in government. What Unionists don't realise is that if a United Ireland were to happen, Sinn Fein would be irrelevant. Sinn Feins vision of a United Ireland is never going to happen because they will never be the majority party in government. FF/FG has as much disdain for Sinn Fein as the Unionists. 
Ideal scenario for general election would be for Sinn Fein to either take their seats in Westminster or step aside for remain candidates which is never going to happen.

Brexit is a disaster, and a United Ireland as a reaction from Brexit would be a disaster. The more Sinn Fein and DUP say and do, the less I'd want either as part of the Republic be it incorporated into current one or a new Republic which is more likely. 

They have already decided to step aside in South Belfast, East Belfast and North Down 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Darraghn92 Darraghn92 wrote:

They have already decided to step aside in South Belfast, East Belfast and North Down 

If they not going to take seats, they should step aside everywhere for remain candidates. No point being remain and not taking a seat, waste of a vote
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 1:36pm

Originally posted by Darraghn92 Darraghn92 wrote:

If they not going to take seats, they should step aside everywhere for remain candidates. No point being remain and not taking a seat, waste of a vote

If their electorate wanted representation in the HOP, they can vote elsewhere
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 2:52pm
Rachel Riley is an example why stupid people shouldn't get involved in politics.

She's printed a T-Shirt saying "Corbyn is a racist" with a photo of him when he was in South Africa demonstrating against racism.

She became a tedious f**ker since she joined Sky, now she's Katie Hopkins levels of repulsive, more interested than flashing her legs and tits than using that clever head of hers.

Edited by coyne - 21 Nov 2019 at 2:53pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 3:34pm

Rachel Riley is an example why stupid people shouldn't get involved in politics.

She's printed a T-Shirt saying "Corbyn is a racist" with a photo of him when he was in South Africa demonstrating against racism.

She became a tedious f**ker since she joined Sky, now she's Katie Hopkins levels of repulsive, more interested than flashing her legs and tits than using that clever head of hers.

She's a Zionist coont. It's the only thing her and people like her can do to defend the indefensible. Just smear people that are critical of international lawbreaking Israeli policy as being anti-semitic. 

Unfortunately it's an effective strategy. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

She's a Zionist coont. It's the only thing her and people like her can do to defend the indefensible. Just smear people that are critical of international lawbreaking Israeli policy as being anti-semitic. 

Is she Jewish?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Is she Jewish?

Apparently she identifies as jewish
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 424425426427428 535>
  Share Topic