You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UFC - thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 174175176177178 185>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 5:12am
Ian Garry a bit unlucky to not get a POTN bonus with the amount of ko's that followed his fight, 6 in a row I think?
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 12:13pm
How was he allowed fight with an open coldsore on his face? 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 2:17pm
Said in an interview after with BT that he hid a leg injury from the commission too.

Also, Frankie Edgar needs to call it a day now. His skills are still at a relatively high level but it seems like every shot wobbles him these days. He's had some bad ko's in his last 5 fights. Nothing left to prove but will never get a title shot again.

It's mad to think he was LW champ at one stage considering how small he looked against Vera at 135lbs.

Edited by The Huntacha - 09 Nov 2021 at 2:19pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 12:08pm
McGregor looked really angry while staring down his TV at the weekend.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 3:53am
It's a hell of a drug.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2022 at 6:50pm
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 11:36pm
mma related - Bellator returns to Dublin in September 
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 7:42pm
Independent reporting that the biggest MMA star in Ireland has had another run in with the law...but seems like just speeding this time. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2022 at 11:55am
Ian Garry needs to stop trying to be Conor McGregor 2.0.
When he is on the mic it feels so forced. 

And then asking the fans to "come on, ole ole ole ole" just feels like is trying to recreate for himself what mcgregor gets in the octagon. 

He seems a nice enough bloke when he drops the act, he should just be who he is. He has talent and should focus on that
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2022 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

And then asking the fans to "come on, ole ole ole ole" just feels like is trying to recreate for himself what mcgregor gets in the octagon. 

He seems a nice enough bloke when he drops the act, he should just be who he is. He has talent and should focus on that

Made some bad decisions so far, fell out with the whole gym prior to his UFC debut apparently on the advice of his tv presenter manager, and now wife. As long as they keep lining up the tomato cans, he'll keep cashing the cheques though
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2022 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

Made some bad decisions so far, fell out with the whole gym prior to his UFC debut apparently on the advice of his tv presenter manager, and now wife. As long as they keep lining up the tomato cans, he'll keep cashing the cheques though

Some cringy interviews where he us declaring his love for her aswell. I dont think he has one interview where he doesn't mention her. 
It's all actually making him a little unlikeable. But he is irish so I'll still cheer him on
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2022 at 4:30pm

Some cringy interviews where he us declaring his love for her aswell. I dont think he has one interview where he doesn't mention her. 
It's all actually making him a little unlikeable. But he is irish so I'll still cheer him on

With all the tattoos videos and posts about how much they love each other, you could nearly guarantee it's chaos behind the scenes.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2022 at 8:13pm
I don't follow any of his personal life and don't plan on either. But good to see another Irish fighter in the UFC. I doubt he'll ever get the title but maybe someday he'll get a top 10 ranking. 
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2022 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

I don't follow any of his personal life and don't plan on either. But good to see another Irish fighter in the UFC. I doubt he'll ever get the title but maybe someday he'll get a top 10 ranking. 

Hard to ignore it when its crowbarred into every interview he does and tattooed on his body.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2022 at 7:00am

Hard to ignore it when its crowbarred into every interview he does and tattooed on his body.
I actually didn't see any of his interviews. I was hyped for this weekends card and only realised he was fighting the day before. All pre hype build up I seen revolved around the 3 main events. It was an epic card overall though.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2022 at 2:15pm

I actually didn't see any of his interviews. I was hyped for this weekends card and only realised he was fighting the day before. All pre hype build up I seen revolved around the 3 main events. It was an epic card overall though.

Yea it was a great card, good to see Chimaev tested and I like Volkanovski.

Dean Barry from Dublin is fighting in two weeks in Vegas on the fight night card. He's had problems with his visa that delayed his UFC debut. His record is 4-1 and he's fighting Mike Jackson - who is himself famous for beating up CM punk for 15 minutes. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2022 at 2:34pm

Yea it was a great card, good to see Chimaev tested and I like Volkanovski.

Dean Barry from Dublin is fighting in two weeks in Vegas on the fight night card. He's had problems with his visa that delayed his UFC debut. His record is 4-1 and he's fighting Mike Jackson - who is himself famous for beating up CM punk for 15 minutes. 

I could beat up CM Punk. IDK how he was allowed to fight MMA. He could've been killed if they put him in a cage with fighters who really know what they're doing.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2022 at 4:40pm
The Burns v Chimaev was something else. Chimaev did just enough but barely. He is lucky the round ended when it did in R2. 

Both title fights I thought were a little bit disappointing 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 174175176177178 185>
  Share Topic