Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=48414
Printed Date: 24 Apr 2024 at 5:45pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: UFC - thread
Posted By: The Huntacha
Subject: UFC - thread
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2014 at 3:31pm
Confirmed for the O2 on July 19th, hopefully McGregor will be headlining, should be some show!

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Replies:
Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 12:46pm
Any idea when tickets go on sale?

Posted By: kelvin
Date Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Confirmed for the O2 on July 19th, hopefully McGregor will be headlining, should be some show!

Love the lad, incredible talent, but hopefully he doesn't headline it. Despite it being in Ireland he's not worthy of a headline fight. Would much rather they put him as co-main and had a bigger fight as the main fight. McGregor's not even a Top 10 fighter in the UFC, there's no way a guy ranked that low should be headlining. He could be co-main and it wouldn't affect ticket sales in the slightest, we still get to see him fight, and would also get a better card.

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Any idea when tickets go on sale?

Been told to expect them to go on sale around the end of May.

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 10 May 2014 at 10:20am
This years show of the Ultimate Fighter has two Irish lads in it for the first time ever, although quite fortuitously. One got a bye into the house because his opponents kept getting injured and the second while he was losing his fight his opponent blew out his knee.

Cathal Pendred (whos name none of the yanks can pronounce) got the bye originally and won his first fight in the house putting him into the semi finals, and Chris Fields is the other fighter who's yet to fight in the house.

Should be interesting to see how they get on in the coming weeks.

Date Posted: 10 May 2014 at 12:26pm
Have been watching it since the start and while obviously hope they get on well, I can't see them winning it. Fields in particular looks the worst of both weight classes, definitely the easiest fight out there for any one in the light HW group. Pendred is very strong but looks a bit uncomfortable when it's not a grappling match. Both stand-up games look poor in comparison to the yanks on the show.

Tickets for UFC Dublin go on general sale on June 6th I think, McGregor headlining against Cole Miller.

-------------

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 7:36am
Cole Miller has pulled out of the McGregor fight through injury.
McGregor will now fight Diego Brandao in Dublin.

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 9:29am
Your man Brandao was very good the last time I seen him. Tickets on sale for this on Friday, any one thinking of going?

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 9:29am
Yeah going to get tickets myself should be a good night

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2014 at 10:32am
Something very fishy about their ticketing process, few of my mates had presales codes for them yesterday and they couldnt get tickets and then today we were all on ticketmaster at 10am on the dot and there isnt a sniff of a ticket on the site, I reckon they must have sold out to VIP members or something. That way they'd make a fortune rather than just selling them for 50 quid a pop. Woolshed it is so!

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2014 at 10:34am
Load of bollocks this.

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2014 at 10:39am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Load of bollocks this.

+1000

-------------

Posted By: Funsize Crouchy
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2014 at 11:00am
First pre-sale tickets went on sale on Wednesday. I'd say a lot were snapped up then.

Then more yesterday including O2 presale so I wouldn't have thought there would've been many if any left for general sale.

http://fighthounds.com/featured/ufc-dublin-ticket-details/" rel="nofollow - May. 30, 2014

ON SALE DATES AND TIMES:

On sale to General Public

From – Fri. June 6th 9:00 AM (EXPECTED TO SELL OUT IN MINUTES)

Fight Club Presale

From – Wed. June 4th 9:00 AM
To – Fri. June 6th 8:00 AM

Newsletter Presale

From – Thu. June 5th 9:00 AM
To – Fri. June 6th 8:00 AM

o2 Priority

From – Thu. June 05 2014, 9:00 AM
To – Fri. June 06 2014, 8:00 AM

PRICE:

Tickets range from €50 to €175 with €100, €125 and €150 options also available. There are three VIP options of €585, €795 and €1250.

Posted By: Conor Messi
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2014 at 11:48am
Bollox anyway! No chance of getting tickets at face value so I'd say.
What channel is showing this or is it ppv?

-------------
@MessiConor
Hasta La Victoria Siempre

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2014 at 11:53am
I presume BT Sports will as they normally show all UFC events

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2014 at 12:11pm
A guy I know said that only 2000 tickets were left after the pre-sale

Posted By: MaxWell
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2014 at 1:08pm
Yeah, it'll be live on BT sports so you'll have to buy the setanta pack. Should be plenty of streams available though

Posted By: StephenHendrick
Date Posted: 23 Jun 2014 at 1:12am
Anyone else going to this?

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2014 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Conor Messi Conor Messi wrote:

Bollox anyway! No chance of getting tickets at face value so I'd say.
What channel is showing this or is it ppv?

Was reading the other day 3e are going to be showing this live.

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 20 Jun 2015 at 1:19am
Did I just read a tweet correctly that Ken Shamrock is fighting Kimbo Slice tonight?

If someone can point me in the direction of a full replay in the morning, much appreciated

-------------

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 20 Jun 2015 at 4:55am
Philly I'm so glad you mentioned it. Cool

Watched it live and I've never seen such a comical fight in my life LOL

It was so bad, it's actually worth a re-watch LOLClap

Date Posted: 20 Jun 2015 at 4:10pm
Still laughing at the Shamrock fight.

The fact he came out to this music I knew he was in for a right treat LOL

The full fight here -  http://www.mma-core.com/videos/Ken_Shamrock_vs_Kimbo_Slice_Bellator_138_Part_1/10104554" rel="nofollow - http://www.mma-core.com/videos/Ken_Shamrock_vs_Kimbo_Slice_Bellator_138_Part_1/10104554

Posted By: heighway2heaven
Date Posted: 20 Jun 2015 at 6:11pm
God damn my sh*tty, slow ass computer, that won't stream for me Cry

-------------
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 23 Jun 2015 at 8:08pm
Jose Aldo has fractured a rib in training.

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2015 at 8:14pm
That's not good news. If he gets pulled they'll have many lads chomping at the bit to fight McGregor

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2015 at 8:31pm
The same rumour appeared yesterday, and the day before.

Jose Aldo also refused to give urine samples for his drugs test but the authorities passed him off as they gave them other samples.

Something fishy is going on.

Posted By: JH91
Date Posted: 23 Jun 2015 at 8:32pm
Nightmare!
I'm heading over to this.
Hopefully he's alright

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2015 at 8:35pm

Retweeted 30 mins ago.
Appears to be another false alarm.

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2015 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Jose Aldo also refused to give urine samples for his drugs test but the authorities passed him off as they gave them other samples.

Don't know about the injury rumours but the urine sample thing is mental. American lad showed up for urine samples and his management team went mental and got Brazilian Officials to look into his visa situation. Turns out he hadn't a working one so couldn't get the samples. Aldo submitted them the next day. Looks shady 

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2015 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Don't know about the injury rumours but the urine sample thing is mental. American lad showed up for urine samples and his management team went mental and got Brazilian Officials to look into his visa situation. Turns out he hadn't a working one so couldn't get the samples. Aldo submitted them the next day. Looks shady 

You'd think UFC would take maximum pre-cautions after what's happened to them with Jones, Silva and Diaz Angry

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2015 at 8:55pm
I think it's in the hands of the commission and not the UFC but yeah there defo seems to be a drug problem in the UFC

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2015 at 10:57pm
Dana White just after tweeting "Relax everyone"

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2015 at 11:59pm
John Kavanaghs tweet not very promising

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2015 at 12:53am
All the evidence is leading towards the injury is legitimate but he hasn't pulled out as of yet and is considering his options. The Retweet on Aldo's Twitter account 30 mins after the news broke tells me personally he's still wanting to go ahead.

UFC have also been very quiet because this will be tens, maybe hundreds of million of dollars lost, UFC 190 is in Rio which many will know McGregor is about as welcome as AIDS there, UFC 191 is actually at Vegas but it's the same venue and 1 week before Floyd Mayweather's final ever fight so the interest in that one is expected to be low so there isn't a new date until atleast October.

There's been suggestions of McGregor vs Chad Mendes but should McGregor lose that, UFC have just lost their money-cow - People still forget he's still a rookie in the UFC octagon.

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2015 at 1:17am

All the evidence is leading towards the injury is legitimate but he hasn't pulled out as of yet and is considering his options. The Retweet on Aldo's Twitter account 30 mins after the news broke tells me personally he's still wanting to go ahead.

UFC have also been very quiet because this will be tens, maybe hundreds of million of dollars lost, UFC 190 is in Rio which many will know McGregor is about as welcome as AIDS there, UFC 191 is actually at Vegas but it's the same venue and 1 week before Floyd Mayweather's final ever fight so the interest in that one is expected to be low so there isn't a new date until atleast October.

There's been suggestions of McGregor vs Chad Mendes but should McGregor lose that, UFC have just lost their money-cow - People still forget he's still a rookie in the UFC octagon.

It will be like Rocky going to Russia to fight Ivan Drago Clap

Posted By: Bo Jackson
Date Posted: 24 Jun 2015 at 1:20am
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

It will be like Rocky going to Russia to fight Ivan Drago Clap

And if Vince DiCola can get exclusive soundtrack rights to that bout, then I will declare a lifetime devotion to the UFC (having previously had no time for it)

-------------
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2015 at 4:53pm
Mendes is definitely a risky fight for him, nothing to gain by beating him but if he loses he's f*cked.

-------------

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 24 Jun 2015 at 5:04pm
Anything official from the ufc about McGregor's fight?

Posted By: eire77
Date Posted: 24 Jun 2015 at 6:01pm
I really hope this fight isn't called off.

I don't think I could stand the build up again.

-------------
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2015 at 6:07pm
Would feel bad on a lot of people who paid to go. Its still a great trip for them and he will fight someone, but they probably paid an additional premium because it was a title fight and many of them will want to go back again next time around, costing a small fortune again!

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2015 at 6:56pm
Jose Aldo has a serious track record of "being injured" - He's pulled out of UFC 125, UFC 149, UFC 153, and UFC 176. He's a bit of a coward.

It was funny watching Joe Duffy giving Conor alot of smack talk on Twitter. No way would Conor go even near him anytime soon LOL

Worth mentioning Cathal Pendred has been added to the UFC 189 card as of yesterday Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2015 at 8:04pm
Conor McGregor enjoying the Aldo situation and he's offered him a spare rib, just not the sort he's after LOLLOLClap

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 3:52am
Fight goes ahead!!
Mendez for interim belt as contingency.
Oh the relief!!!

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 7:25am
McGregor did an interview for UFC back in December.

He predicted Aldo would withdraw within 2 weeks of the fight and he'd be fighting Chad Mendes instead. Scary if it happens.

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 9:52am

Jose Aldo has a serious track record of "being injured" - He's pulled out of UFC 125, UFC 149, UFC 153, and UFC 176. He's a bit of a coward.

It was funny watching Joe Duffy giving Conor alot of smack talk on Twitter. No way would Conor go even near him anytime soon LOL

Worth mentioning Cathal Pendred has been added to the UFC 189 card as of yesterday Thumbs Up

3 of those were in N. America too. Seems to be happy to fight in Brazil, though.

Mad to think that he's pulled out of 4 title defences and only fought 7 times in his 10 years in the UFC. SEVEN times in a decade!! Cathal Pendred is about to have his 5th fight within his first year!

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 10:33am
Me thinks Aldo is afraid

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 10:48am
I can't tell you all the amount of sleep I haven't lost over this....

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 10:51am
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

3 of those were in N. America too. Seems to be happy to fight in Brazil, though.

Mad to think that he's pulled out of 4 title defences and only fought 7 times in his 10 years in the UFC. SEVEN times in a decade!! Cathal Pendred is about to have his 5th fight within his first year!

Aldo has had 7 fights for UFC since April 2011.The merger took place towards the end of 2010.

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 10:56am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Aldo has had 7 fights for UFC since April 2011.The merger took place towards the end of 2010.

That's still pretty weak considering Cathel Pandred is about to have his 5th in 11 months.

I think his track record and revenue lost are major factors in their decision to strip him if he doesn't fight.
No dodging fights in this sport   

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 11:02am
Ah right Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 11:16am

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

That's still pretty weak considering Cathel Pandred is about to have his 5th in 11 months.

I think his track record and revenue lost are major factors in their decision to strip him if he doesn't fight.
No dodging fights in this sport   

7 title fights between April 2011 and October 14 isnt too bad .if the McGregor fight goes ahead on July it will be 8 fights in approx 51 months.
Pointless comparing Aldo to Pendred ,Aldo is a title holder and is gonna pick and choose who he fights,Pendred is taking any fight he gets to build a name/record.
A better comparison would be when Aldo joined WEC,he had 5 fights in a year basically the very same as Pendred now.

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 11:46am
Aldo has his excuse boxed off now ..

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 1:10pm
So is he fighting Aldo?

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: Fitzinho
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

So is he fighting Aldo?

Yes he is

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Fitzinho Fitzinho wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

So is he fighting Aldo?

Yes he is
Does aldo still do that little shuffle before he strikes

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 3:06pm
Jose Aldo's biggest weakness now is the fact UFC made public what the exact injury was - Bruised bone and cartilage injury 

If surgery isn't required for the cartilage injury and the bout goes ahead, Conor knows exactly where to target. I'd still put him as a slight outsider but the statement UFC put out literally gave him the game plan.

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 4:05pm
I still think it could've been a promotion ruse. It is the fight game, after all.

No way would Aldo's camp let that leak unless they were 100% sure he was out.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 4:26pm
Yeah that's what I was thinking earlier. I mean the hype had fizzed out of the fight so what better than an is it on / is it off panic to put it back on the horizon with PPV sales to be thought of.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 5:21pm
Yeah. Dana white posting smilies and 'everyone relax' on his twitter. It all just stunk a bit.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 7:38pm

Yeah. Dana white posting smilies and 'everyone relax' on his twitter. It all just stunk a bit.

Overlooking things a bit aren't we. LOL He said relax because he was aware of the Twitter meltdown happening at the time

As for the "leak" they had a SporTV journalist with them at the time -  http://twitter.com/AnaHissa" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/AnaHissa  - She broke the news on Twitter about the whole story.
Just there was alot of skepticism around at the time because the 2 days previous the same rumour appeared  

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 8:21pm
You sure she was there at the time? I thought the talk was of someone having leaked it and her having broke the story on combate?

Dunno man, it still seems a little fishy to me.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 1:58pm
Interesting bit at the end of this Coyne about how it got leaked..

http://severemma.com/2015/06/jose-aldos-coach-says-final-decision-on-rib-will-be-made-next-week/" rel="nofollow - http://severemma.com/2015/06/jose-aldos-coach-says-final-decision-on-rib-will-be-made-next-week/

Looking forward to Machida v Romero later

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 2:19pm
I smell BS considering he retweeted said journalist on his Twitter account. I think he needs to re-evaluate his ties with Combate LOL 

The sad thing for me is I doubt I'll even get to see the McGregor fight, it's on my birthday weekend so I'll probably end up Jack Grealished to even see it live LOL

Date Posted: 28 Jun 2015 at 5:51pm
I love some of the words Conor spouts, he's comedy gold LOL

"It's a bruised rib, a bit of ice, a bit of paracetamol and a bit of man the f**k up, besides it's his chin he should be worrying about not his rib"

LOL

Posted By: Doyler
Date Posted: 28 Jun 2015 at 11:01pm
Wouldn't watch this muck if it was live from my back garden.
Serious question to all the UFC fans out there, would you consider sitting up late, paying a for a fight and it turning into a soft core gay porn session as a bit of a let down?

-------------
Look at these scenes, just look at these scenes!

"it's too strong lads!"

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 1:27am
Confirmed: Aldo is out

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 1:33am

Joe.ie-reading simpletons will be devastated that this "fight" is off. 

Nobody else gives a sh*t.

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 1:41am
A sh*t. Looking forward to it for Months. What's the bet mendes wins now too!

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 1:45am
Chad Mendes has only ever lost to Jose Aldo, no one else so he's going to be the firm favourite. His 2nd loss to Aldo was also voted Fight of the Year 2014.

He also has an Irish family background but we all know who everyone will bandwagon for 

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 1:48am

Not really surprise at the news said it would happen as soon as the interim fight was mentioned and is 5th time aldo had pulled out of a ufc event.

Say dana white and the ufc are raging haven spent millions promoting the fight. Would imagine whoever wins between mendes and mcgregor will have a massive say on where the unification fight is held

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 1:51am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Not really surprise at the news said it would happen as soon as the interim fight was mentioned and is 5th time aldo had pulled out of a ufc event.

Say dana white and the ufc are raging haven spent millions promoting the fight. Would imagine whoever wins between mendes and mcgregor will have a massive say on where the unification fight is held

McGregor won't fight in Rio. There's more chance of me fighting there than him LOL

Next PPV is in Rio, the one following is on the same weekend as Floyd Mayweather's last ever fight so they won't be promoting a big card there, so the next available date is October.. the UFC are gonna be wetting themselves that Conor wins for the buys.

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 2:06am
McGregor would love to fight in Rio. He'd love the drama around it. He probably won't fight after this UFC until October or November

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 2:58am
A man his size cutting down to that weight can't fight again that soon after a fight, it would take too much of a toll on the body IMO. Had a sneaky feeling Mendes would be a tougher fight for McGregor but hopefully it won't be. It's an awful shame the fight won't happen as the build up was brilliant and it'll be very difficult to replicate that build up if they ever do fight, even if McGregor wins the interim title.

At least he's going to fight a big name rather than some randomer outside the top 10.

-------------

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 7:04am
All the hype, build up and effort only to pull out at last minute sounds like my sex life

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 8:07am
Mendes could cause mcgregor sone bother. For past 6 months mcgregor been training to compete against Aldo who's main weapon is his kicks, now he has 10 days to get mentally ready for Mendes who will try to test mcgregor with his takedown ability and his wrestling style

Hopefully mcgregor can get the win as Mendes has already had 2 cracks at Aldo for the title, although dobt think they be able to replicate the hype around a unification fight if mcgregor does beat Mendes

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 8:09am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

All the hype, build up and effort only to pull out at last minute sounds like my sex life

Why don't you just ask them to wear a condom?

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 9:22am
Was talking to an SBG fighter on Sunday and he was saying that the wrestling coach McGregor is working with now is world class. But Mendes is the elite though, isn't he. He can sure as hell take a punch as well, Aldo Mendes II proved that.

Disappointed it's off but this will be a cracker too. As said, UFC creaming themself for a McGregor win with Aldo due to return around October, I think they were saying?

Also, man has urine sample destroyed, then pulls out of fight with hurt rib.. The mind does tend to get suspicious...

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 10:08am
The biggest change in Conor's mindset right now is he has 8 days to come up with a completely new gameplan;

Aldo was all about a passive BJJ game, he was extremely good at it
Mendes is all about punching you in the face as hard as he can.

A slight difference in fighting styles LOL

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 10:52am
I suppose the positives in this are that if he takes Mendes down then he'll have clearly earnt a shot at Aldo. No-one can whinge that it's all hype and that he's been fast tracked to a title shot just to boost UFC's coffers.

Very disappointing that he won't be taking on John Aldridge but should be a great fight none-the-less.

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 10:54am
It's hard to know what's more amusing. Actual, fully grown adults apparently feeling "devastated" that some steroid-ridden freak has pulled out of some choreographed pantomime of a "fight", or actual, fully grown adults apparently seriously discussing the merits of possible replacement participants in said pantomime as if it's an actual sport. Strange, strange people.

-------------

Posted By: Butch
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 11:22am
Ufc says tickets will go on sale for UFC Dublin on Sept 4th for the event taking place in the 3Arena on the 24th Oct .
Ireland are playing the 4th in Faro v Gibraltar just in case ye are thinking of getting tickets

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Ufc says tickets will go on sale for UFC Dublin on Sept 4th for the event taking place in the 3Arena on the 24th Oct .
Ireland are playing the 4th in Faro v Gibraltar just in case ye are thinking of getting tickets

Don't expect McGregor to be there. If he wins his next fight will be at the same venue in Vegas in October.

I can imagine Joe Duffy, Cathel Pandred etc to be there though.

Speaking of Joe Duffy if McGregor wins I fully expect him to enter the Featherweight division - McGregor vs Duffy at Croke Park would be the dream scenario.

Posted By: Butch
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 1:16pm
@Coyne - I don't think McGregor will be there either to be honest . The money is in Vegas but do you think there is enough interest to fill the 3Arena if McGregor is not on the card . 

Posted By: d13dave
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 1:17pm
flash dub v angry donegal man

he would probably have jim mc guinness in the corner

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by eire77 eire77 wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Why don't you just ask them to wear a condom?

I like feeling of something exploding inside me

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

It's hard to know what's more amusing. Actual, fully grown adults apparently feeling "devastated" that some steroid-ridden freak has pulled out of some choreographed pantomime of a "fight", or actual, fully grown adults apparently seriously discussing the merits of possible replacement participants in said pantomime as if it's an actual sport. Strange, strange people.

Sid, we get it. You don't like MMA. That's ok. No one here cares.

Nothing perplexes me more than seeing someone with an unstoppable need to pop in to a thread to tell everybody in said thread, how little interest in, or like they have for the thread topic.

Thanks for the input, but your posts aren't enriching anyone in here, least of all you. 

You're smarter than that. Thumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 2:28pm
Here is a genuine question - Have been a boxing fan all of my life and have taken an small interest in UFC mainly down to McGregor though I'm struggling to be able to tolerate his verbal nonsense anymore.
Now, the boxing system has loads of flaws mainly down to the multiple organisations and how they can rank about (WBA had a bloke in their June rankings who had unfortunately died some time earlier) but at the same time, the multiple organisations mean that generally the best guys do make it to the top as if one organisation were to artificially rank somebody, the others wouldn't etc.
In the UFC, is it solely at the discretion of Dana White & Co where people are ranked ? For example, lets imagine McGregor is beaten by Mendes. In boxing, you'd probably have to have 2 or 3 fights to rebuild before getting another world title shot. In the UFC, could they still rank him at his current ranking and throw him in with Aldo next time if they felt like it ??

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Here is a genuine question - Have been a boxing fan all of my life and have taken an small interest in UFC mainly down to McGregor though I'm struggling to be able to tolerate his verbal nonsense anymore.
Now, the boxing system has loads of flaws mainly down to the multiple organisations and how they can rank about (WBA had a bloke in their June rankings who had unfortunately died some time earlier) but at the same time, the multiple organisations mean that generally the best guys do make it to the top as if one organisation were to artificially rank somebody, the others wouldn't etc.
In the UFC, is it solely at the discretion of Dana White & Co where people are ranked ? For example, lets imagine McGregor is beaten by Mendes. In boxing, you'd probably have to have 2 or 3 fights to rebuild before getting another world title shot. In the UFC, could they still rank him at his current ranking and throw him in with Aldo next time if they felt like it ??

Yes and yes.

There is no individual federations who have their own rankings in UFC. Just their own official rankings. 

Conor is currently Ranked #4 in his division, which was the main criticism about him getting his title shot with Aldo - People thought he should of went through Ricardo Lamas and Ched Mandes who are #2 and #3 respectively beforehand.

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 4:55pm

Sid, we get it. You don't like MMA. That's ok. No one here cares.

Nothing perplexes me more than seeing someone with an unstoppable need to pop in to a thread to tell everybody in said thread, how little interest in, or like they have for the thread topic.

Thanks for the input, but your posts aren't enriching anyone in here, least of all you. 

You're smarter than that. Thumbs Up

I derive satisfaction from ridiculing UFC fans and will continue to do so.

UFC is a ridiculous activity generally followed by simpletons who read Joe.ie and post up sh*t "viral" videos on their Facebook pages.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 5:11pm
Grand, so. If you obtain your kicks from ridiculing something you couldn't "give a sh*t" about, then who am I to get in your way?

Personally, I've never read Joe.ie in my life (as far as I know) and don't have a facebook page either, but ya know, much easier just to pigeon hole and label. 

Quick question for you, do you think boxing is a ridiculous activity?

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 5:28pm

Grand, so. If you obtain your kicks from ridiculing something you couldn't "give a sh*t" about, then who am I to get in your way?

Personally, I've never read Joe.ie in my life (as far as I know) and don't have a facebook page either, but ya know, much easier just to pigeon hole and label. 
Absolutely. And I'll continue to pigeon hole and label, because it clearly annoys you.

No. Boxing is a sport.

UFC is not a sport.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 5:32pm
It doesn't at all. It amuses me.

Another question. Do you think Judo and Olympic wrestling are ridiculous activities?

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 5:35pm

It doesn't at all. It amuses me.

Another question. Do you think Judo and Olympic wrestling are ridiculous activities?

Certainly less ridiculous than UFC, as are foxy boxing and hot oil wrestling.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 5:37pm

Absolutely. And I'll continue to pigeon hole and label, because it clearly annoys you.

No. Boxing is a sport.

UFC is not a sport.

Clap spot on there Sid,not a sport and never will be.

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 5:37pm
So no then. Great! One more. Do you think Muay Thai and Jiu Jitsu are ridiculous activities?

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 5:39pm
Oh, and you're right, UFC is NOT a sport! It is a promotion company, though.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 5:55pm

So no then. Great! One more. Do you think Muay Thai and Jiu Jitsu are ridiculous activities?
I thought they were poorly judged signings by Manchester City, to be honest - it was clear they were only signed for marketing purposes in Asia. 

Kevin Keegan really had no control over the situation and it wasn't a surprise to see him resign with crap players being signed over his head like that.

So yes, it was ridiculous activity from the Manchester City board.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 5:59pm

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Yes and yes.

There is no individual federations who have their own rankings in UFC. Just their own official rankings. 

Conor is currently Ranked #4 in his division, which was the main criticism about him getting his title shot with Aldo - People thought he should of went through Ricardo Lamas and Ched Mandes who are #2 and #3 respectively beforehand.
A so called "sport" that's run by Dana. Says it all.

It really does take all kinds of everything. 

-------------

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 6:08pm

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 6:42pm
I'd rather have a Sport ran by Dana White than a one by Eddie Hearn or Frank Warren, whatever he/she/it is called nowadays

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 6:45pm

I'd rather have a Sport ran by Dana White than a one by Eddie Hearn or Frank Warren, whatever he/she/it is called nowadays

UFC isnt a sport ,u know that ,right ?

Hearn and Warren don't run any sports either.

Has Frank Warren changed his name ?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net