You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U.S Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 325326327328329 334>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 8:51am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Forgot about his stammer actually but I've seen clips of him speak before and he was a lot clearer in that the stutter didn't seem to have much effect. 

I wasn't implying anything near that he was losing it but I really doubt he'll run for re-election in 4 years when he's 82. 

His stammer is much less noticeable when he is reading from an autocue. He said in many interviews how he breaks his speeches down and practices alot. 

I also think he's on record that he will be a one term president 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 1:14pm
Trump has a very limited vocabulary at the best of times as befits a man who has never read a book and has the attention span of a fruit fly. The latter was viewed as a blessing by aides who felt free to ignore outrageously stupid orders, often issued in a tantrum, knowing that he would forget about them in an instant. His tendency to mix up words frequently ( he once said 'orange' four times in a speech when he meant ' origin ' ) was something he did not do when he was younger and some have speculated that this is a symptom of Alzheimer's or a consequence of a history of mini-strokes, which he has denied ever having but may account in part for the twitching hands, difficulty lifting a glass of water, etc. He is morbidly obese with a terrible diet and unlike the trimmer Biden does not take exercise, unless you count golf, so I suppose there's a reasonable chance of him snuffing it before he has to do any jail time for sedition, fraud, rape or whatever.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 6:05pm
http://www.irishpost.com/news/donald-trump-asking-allies-to-tweet-insults-for-him-following-social-media-ban-202916

Trump asking his friends to tweet out insults for him. A 74 year old man acting like a complete child LOL

Can't wait to see what his Presidential library will look like.  

Edited by irishmufc - 04 Feb 2021 at 6:05pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

http://www.irishpost.com/news/donald-trump-asking-allies-to-tweet-insults-for-him-following-social-media-ban-202916

Trump asking his friends to tweet out insults for him. A 74 year old man acting like a complete child LOL

Can't wait to see what his Presidential library will look like.  
Just like the group of youngsters you might sometimes encounter outside an offie asking you to go in and buy booze/cigs for them. LOL

Edited by ConorMac77 - 04 Feb 2021 at 7:58pm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 8:53pm
Donald acquitted 
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Donald acquitted 
I don't think there was ever going to be any other outcome. They needed 17 Senators to turn.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 9:48pm
Was there any point in it all really? 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 5:32am
Yes. Partly for the history books and the body of evidence so far, also to expose the cowardice of the majority of Republican senators. Seven had the balls to vote against their own party, McConnell and others did not but condemned Trump and stressed that their vote was based on a constitutional technicality. Deal was done with the House impeachment managers to exclude witnesses so Biden agenda on Covid, nomination for Attorney General, etc could proceed without filibuster. There are several tons of sh*t waiting to come down on Trump and his enablers when all the criminal investigations are concluded, on top of the other cases including fraud, rape, etc and exposure of Russian linked corruption. The GOP nightmare has only begun. I believe that they are finished and will never have another President. The party's future is that of a fascist fringe whose 'respectable' wing and major donors will desert.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 9:27am
nonsense, it’s America. The dollar rules everything , anyone who upholds making the wealthy more wealthy and riding roughshod over the environmental and gun control laws will get elected.the commies are no more,the ordinary citizen is the new enemy. Hail to the chief.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 10:11am
Trumps main objective is to stay out of prison followed by being as a petty vindictive provocateur as he can be.

One option for him will be to run for a republican gimme in the 2022 mid term elections and then try hide behind being in office in his legal battles.

Re: Biden and moving the democratic agenda forward. I don’t see the need to cut a deal with the republicans - yeah, it’s the slimmest of majorities in the senate but on an individual voting there’s always sweeteners available to get a vote over the line and there are also enough republicans looking at their 2022 election and won’t want to block something that benefits their voters. And the republicans can’t be trusted anyway.

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Yes. Partly for the history books and the body of evidence so far, also to expose the cowardice of the majority of Republican senators. Seven had the balls to vote against their own party, McConnell and others did not but condemned Trump and stressed that their vote was based on a constitutional technicality. Deal was done with the House impeachment managers to exclude witnesses so Biden agenda on Covid, nomination for Attorney General, etc could proceed without filibuster. There are several tons of sh*t waiting to come down on Trump and his enablers when all the criminal investigations are concluded, on top of the other cases including fraud, rape, etc and exposure of Russian linked corruption. The GOP nightmare has only begun. I believe that they are finished and will never have another President. The party's future is that of a fascist fringe whose 'respectable' wing and major donors will desert.

It's hard to take anything else someone says about Trump seriously when these accusations are treated seriously.

You do realise you have to be convicted of rape to be a rapist?
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 2:24pm
Confused
It would damage this forums' reputation
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

It's hard to take anything else someone says about Trump seriously when these accusations are treated seriously.

What? So if you murder someone but get away with it, you're not a murderer? 

Edited by nvidic - 14 Feb 2021 at 2:31pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

What? So if you murder someone but get away with it, you're not a murderer? 

What proof is there that Trump raped anybody? Bill Clinton has been accused of rape as well. If George W. Bush had a higher sex drive, I have no doubt he would've been accused of rape at some point.

Rape is one of the most unconscionable things you can do to a person and it trivialises the real victims and the seriousness of the issue when the more outlandish accusations are taken seriously.

If there's the slightest bit of concrete proof that he raped someone, fair enough, but I don't like how the subject of rape is being weaponised by people on both sides to attack people whose politics they don't agree with.

Due process is a thing.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 3:58pm
Not what I asked?

Are you actually saying you can't be a rapist unless convicted? 

Edited by nvidic - 14 Feb 2021 at 3:59pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 4:42pm
I think when you go into the detail of the hearing you come away with the understanding that it is neither a victory nor a loss for anybody. Trump's acquittal was the product of the need for a 2/3 majority vote, and there was some pretty scathing "obiter" comments from people like McConnell. Its basically left to his fanatics to celebrate his acquittal, as they ignore key facts about it, not that that would stop them.

Political trials like this are fraught, and are not necessarily in the public interest, as they are racked with partisan interests, and natural and procedural justice is not really at the forefront of the outcome. And equally, these interests compromise the outcome. Hence, you're either celebrating a victory "on paper" which is easily knocked on the head, or lamenting a defeat, which doesnt actually end the saga in a meaningful way.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Not what I asked?

Are you actually saying you can't be a rapist unless convicted? 

I may have phrased it badly. I meant being accused of rape doesn't automatically make one a rapist. I know a couple of Modest Mouse fans who are vehement that Isaac Brock was falsely accused of rape by some "trollop", yet they change their values and become some great defenders of women as soon as Donald Trump is accused of the same thing.

Maybe it's a bad example but that's kind of what I'm on about re: weaponising of a very delicate subject.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I think when you go into the detail of the hearing you come away with the understanding that it is neither a victory nor a loss for anybody. Trump's acquittal was the product of the need for a 2/3 majority vote, and there was some pretty scathing "obiter" comments from people like McConnell. Its basically left to his fanatics to celebrate his acquittal, as they ignore key facts about it, not that that would stop them.

Political trials like this are fraught, and are not necessarily in the public interest, as they are racked with partisan interests, and natural and procedural justice is not really at the forefront of the outcome. And equally, these interests compromise the outcome. Hence, you're either celebrating a victory "on paper" which is easily knocked on the head, or lamenting a defeat, which doesnt actually end the saga in a meaningful way.

I might be reading this wrong but I hope you're not making a false equivalency here. 

The impeachment proceeding was certainly necessary in terms of the public interest and there was only one party acting on partisan interest here. Chuck Schumer's speech with the day of infamy/vote of infamy hit the nail on the head. 

When you use the term 'fanatics' , it would normally suggest an extremist minority within the bigger party but Trump has still overwhelming support among the majority. A large percentage of this majority had no issue with the shameful, traitorous storming of their own seat of government.

74 million votes is an absolute colossal number for Trump to receive despite all of his embarrassing, disgusting and shameful conduct since day one of his candidacy and presidency.   

The Democrats need to steamroll any legislation they can through with a narrow majority without requiring any Republican input. 

McConnell is an absolute dirtbag and his criticism of Trump has no weight whatsoever. He's simply a white supremacist and insurrectionist enabler. 

I think history will judge amoral and unprincipled scumbags like McConnell, Cruz, Paul & Rubio in the harshest terms as that's what they deserve.  
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 325326327328329 334>
  Share Topic