URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=52460
Printed Date: 18 Apr 2024 at 8:19pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: U.S Politics
Posted By: seanyshuffler
Subject: U.S Politics
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 4:26pm
Anyone been following the GOP debates?

What do you make of the Rep. candidates so far? Dem. ones starting next month.

Personally would love to see Sanders get the Democratic nomination, but don't know if his Nordic style policies would go down well in the U.S.

Replies:
Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 4:31pm
Would love to see Sanders vs Trump, social democracy versus lunacy. Would make a change from the lesser of two evils choice that normally occurs.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Would love to see Sanders vs Trump, social democracy versus lunacy. Would make a change from the lesser of two evils choice that normally occurs.

agree PM. Doubt it will happen but it would be interesting.

Sanders has some very interesting policies but as Seany says that mightn't sit well with the US electorate .

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 4:53pm
Dump sl*gging off that bird for been an ugly one, while having the worst comb over the world has ever known. 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 4:54pm
Tom Brady has weighed his support behind Donald Trump

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 4:59pm
If Trump somehow gets the GOP nomination the Dems will win regardless of who gets their nomination IMO

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: SByrne24
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 5:28pm
Donald trump will win the election. He's hitting hardcore republican values, in military and also financially.

Hillary Clinton ruined herself due to lack of transparency.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 5:33pm
Not a hope Trump will win. GOP lost last 2 elections because they were so far to the right.

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

If Trump somehow gets the GOP nomination the Dems will win regardless of who gets their nomination IMO

he wont get the nomination.Once it gets serious he will be shown up ,look at last nights debate,he says nothing of worth.

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 5:46pm
I hope he does get it, it will improve turnout hugely. Loads of first-time voters, every Latino will register for a start!!!

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 9:40am
Saw this post on Facebook so not sure how true it is. Can't be arsed checking it all out.

It's only an outrage to people with common sense Bernie. Glad you're one of those people.

#Sanders2016

Also, let's remember why we fight for Bernie. Because the Republicans don't know how to govern. Facts are facts.

OUT OF THE TOP 20 POOREST STATES IN AMERICA 17 OF THEM ARE LED BY REPUBLICANS. 85% OF THESE POOREST STATES HAVE REPUBLICAN LEADERSHIP AND MOST HAVE HAD REPUBLICAN LEADERSHIP FOR A LONG, LONG TIME:

Mississippi - Phil Byrant - Elected 2011, REP
Haley Barbour - Elected 2004 - 2011, REP
Median household income: $39,680
(((Mississippi had the highest poverty rate in the country last year, at 21.5%.........had the lowest 2013 GDP per capita of $32,421, well below the average among the states of $48,183)))

Alabama - Robert Bentley - Elected 2010, REP
Bob Riley - Elected 2003 - 2010, REP
Median household: $42,100
(((Alabama had the fourth highest poverty rate in the country last year, at 19.3%..........Alabama had a very low 2013 GDP per capita of $37,389, well below the average among the states of $48,183.)))

Tennessee - Bill Haslam - Elected 2011, REP
Median household income: $44,361
(((At 6.7%, the state also had one of the higher unemployment rates in the country.)))

Louisiana -Bobby Jindal - Elected 2007, REP
Median household income: $44,555
(((At 6.4%, Louisiana had one of the higher unemployment rates in the country.....Louisiana was also one of only three states to run a government deficit in 2013: State expenses were almost $800 million more than revenues)))

New Mexico - Susana Martinez - Elected 2011, REP
Median household income: 44,803
(((About 21% of New Mexicans lived below the poverty line last year, the second highest rate in the country. At 6.5%, the state also had one of the higher unemployment rates in the country..........The state government's finances were also weaker than most, with a 2013 surplus of just about $608 million, compared with an average of about $4.2 billion among all states.)))

South Carolina - Nikki Haley - Elected 2011, REP
Mark Sanford - Elected 2003 - 2011, Rep
Median household: 45,328
(((At 6.4%, the state had one of the higher unemployment rates in the country.......had the third-lowest 2013 per-capita GDP among the states at just $36,059)))

Florida - Rick Scott - Elected 2011, REP
Charlie Crist - Elected 2007 - 2011, REP
Jeb Bush - Elected 1999 - 2007, REP
Median household income: $47,463.
(((Florida had the 16th highest poverty rate in the country last year, at 16.5%.)))

Oklahoma - Mary Fallin - Elected 2011, REP
Median household: 47,529. (((Oklahoma’s poverty rate was 16.6% last year, the 14th highest rate.)))

Idaho - Butch Otter - Elected 2007, REP
Jim Risch - Elected 2006 - 2007, REP
Dirk Kempthorne - Elected 1999 - 2006, REP
Phil Batt - Elected 1995 - 1999
Median household income: $47,861
(((It also had the second-lowest 2013 GDP per capita, at just $35,375)

Ohio - John Kasich - Elected 2011, REP
Median household income: $49,308

Georgia - Nathan Deal - Elected 2011, REP
George Perdue - Elected 2003 - 2011, REP
Median household income: $49,321.
(((Georgia had the seventh highest poverty rate in the country, at 18.3%. Also, despite declining from the year before, the state’s 7.2% unemployment rate was one of the highest in the country.)))

Indiana - Mike Pence - Elected 2013, REP
Mitch Daniels - Elected 2005 -2013, REP
Median household income: $49,446

Maine - Paul LePage - Elected 2011, REP
Median household income: $49,462

Michigan - Rick Snyder - Elected 2011, REP
Median household income: $49,847
(((The state’s unemployment rate was 7.3% last year, among the highest nationwide.)))

Arizona - Elected Doug Ducey 2015, REP
Jan Brewer - Elected 2009, REP
Median household income: $50,068.
(((Poverty in Arizona was a major problem, with 18.2% living below the poverty line last year, the 10th highest poverty rate in the country.)))

South Dakota - Dennis Daugaard - Elected 2011, REP
Mike Rounds - Elected 2003 - 2011, REP
William J. Janklow - Elected 1995 - 2003, REP
Walter Miller - Elected 1993 - 1995, REP
George Mickelson - Elected 1987 -1993, REP
William J. Janklow - Elected 1070 - 1987, REP
Median household income: $50,979

Sources - I used the U.S. Census Bureau’s 2014 American Community Survey (ACS) and the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) for 2013 and 2014.

Feel free to share, as these are facts minus the hyperbole and rhetoric.

#FeelTheBern

Posted By: UCDFAN
Date Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 2:49pm
Donald Trump wouldn't be my cup of tea, but.... very Zen

-------------
www.ucdsupporters.ie

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 3:18pm
Clinton President, O'Malley VP.

Posted By: AnCearrbhach
Date Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 3:30pm

I like Sanders, if he went up against Trump it would be some clash of ideologies, not hard enough on guns though but that's to be expected giving his Vermont background.

-------------
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.

Date Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 3:40pm
Sanders Clap

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Clinton President, O'Malley VP.

O malley would be a great vp pick alright for whoever wins it if he doesn't win it himself

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: d13dave
Date Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 4:44pm
Bernie is a great bit of stuff altogether.

America is an absolutely f**ked up ruthless greedy country. He is a breath of fresh air. 

Posted By: Just saying like
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 8:06am
It frightens the shyte out of me that Trump is still the leading candidate for the Republican nomination.  In fact if frightens me that he should even still be in the running.  This guy is Putin on steroids.  He could win if there is a major perceived national threat during the campaign like a Daesh attack on the HOMELAND.

-------------
I don't know what more we can do in terms of being open and transparent - John Delaney

Posted By: d13dave
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 10:48am
I am boycotting the place if they vote in Donald Trump

I hang onto the hope that he will do something so stupid and offensive that his campaign will fall apart

He is saying plenty of offensive and stupid things and his lead keeps increasing

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 11:05am
I nearly admire Trump at this stage. He's clearly pulling the piss and just seeing how far he can take it. 'Murica!

Posted By: heighway2heaven
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Just saying like Just saying like wrote:

It frightens the shyte out of me that Trump is still the leading candidate for the Republican nomination.  In fact if frightens me that he should even still be in the running.  This guy is Putin on steroids.  He could win if there is a major perceived national threat during the campaign like a Daesh attack on the HOMELAND.

I don't normally pay any attention to this pantomime, but the f**king bonkers thing is Jeb Bush is running too and Trump is making him look positively balanced and rational. 

I think it's time we closed the book on the 'America' experiment. It's gotten out of control. We need to just shut the door and climb in to the chopper, like Richard Attenborough did at the end of Jurassic Park.

-------------
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 11:54am
If trump wins the nomination, which he won't, I'd expect the democrats to carry 35+ states

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 2:16pm
1 in 4 Americans aren't registered to vote, it was higher pre Obama as many black people registered to vote him in. I believe if Trump gets the GOP nomination, you will see a lot of Hispanics registering to keep him out. Hillary is the most likely next president, which is slightly less frightening than Trump

-------------

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 9:43am

1 in 4 Americans aren't registered to vote, it was higher pre Obama as many black people registered to vote him in. I believe if Trump gets the GOP nomination, you will see a lot of Hispanics registering to keep him out. Hillary is the most likely next president, which is slightly less frightening than Trump

Its look like it will come down to Trump v Clinton.

Is america ready to have a female president?  I really hope so.

-------------

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 9:47am
People saying that Trump wont win it.

Reagan did.
Baby Bush did, twice.

Only in Amurica.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Posted By: AnCearrbhach
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 11:47am
Bernie Sanders is an outstanding candidate, probably too "radical" for 'Murica though

-------------
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 12:16pm
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/republican-debate-terrorism_5670d22ee4b0648fe30184ae?utm_hp_ref=uk&ir=UK&section=uk&ncid=fcbklnkukhpmg00000001" rel="nofollow - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/republican-debate-terrorism_5670d22ee4b0648fe30184ae?utm_hp_ref=uk&ir=UK&section=uk&ncid=fcbklnkukhpmg00000001

-------------

Posted By: roverstillidie
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

People saying that Trump wont win it.

Reagan did.
Baby Bush did, twice.

Only in Amurica.

Both were at least governors of states with a track record. Regan had a very clear ideological agenda that he presented as pro business and anti Russia. Bush had a family name and became a war time president. Trump is the natural continuation of celebrity and reality tv culture. I don't think they are valid comparisons.

-------------
He is Karl Pilkington in the LOI section and Karl Marx outwith it

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 1:33pm
If America votes Trump in, which I don't think they will, they deserve everything bad that happens to them.

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 1:40pm
As Zinedine said hopefully they are ready for a female president as realistically it looks like Hilary is the only thing standing in his way.

It seems to me that Trump is actually some kind of social experiment to see what percentage of the US population are totally f*cked in the head. The results will be interesting.

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 3:04pm
#FU2016

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Posted By: Guest
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 4:41pm
Reckon its between Sanders and Clinton.

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 6:28pm
A Black president followed by a female president. Rednecks would be going crazy.

It would be really funny if the next Republican candidate was Condoleeza Rice. They wouldn't know who to vote for.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 10:07pm
Trump just be endorsed by Sarah Palin

Head honchos in the GOP must be going nuts. She cost McCain the presidency in 2008

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 12:09pm
http://gregpalast.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=33e4ec877eed6a43863a4a92e&id=d6f8b5eaa9&e=b3178b030a" rel="nofollow -
Does this email not look right?
http://us4.campaign-archive1.com/?u=33e4ec877eed6a43863a4a92e&id=be1dcacb0d&e=b3178b030a" rel="nofollow -
http://gregpalast.us4.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=33e4ec877eed6a43863a4a92e&id=3b2eaa910d&e=b3178b030a" rel="nofollow">GregPalast.com

Who hatched Rubio?

The big boys are confident that Sen. Marco Rubio has locked up the Republican nomination.
But who’s locked up Rubio? 

I called my bookie in London. The betting professionals were not surprised at Marco Rubio’s big Iowa showing. The smart money has been on Rubio since October 31--despite the fact that Rubio was polling at just 9%.

Paul Krishnamurty, politics odds analyst at Betfair.com, told me that, among professional betters, over just two days, Rubio soared from zero to odds-on favorite to win the GOP nomination.

Why would the guys who bet the rent money place it all on Rubio—and what suddenly changed on October 31?

Because, despite the fact that 9 of 10 Republicans rejected him, on Halloween, Rubio won the only vote that counts: The Vulture’s. 

It was page one news in the New York Times: Paul Singer, Influential Billionaire, Throws Support to Marco Rubio for President.

I’ve been hunting Singer, AKA The Vulture, for nine years across four continents. And now the carrion-chewing billionaire has decided who will be your next President.

The Vulture, not the Kochs, has become the Number One funder of the Republican Party. The Vulture’s blessing signals to the other billionaires where to place their bets.

Singer doesn’t “donate” to candidates. He invests in them. And he expects a big, dripping return on his money.

But why Rubio? Because Singer’s little hatchling is doing The Vulture’s bidding already. Singer has launched a murderous financial “vulture” attack on Argentina. Singer is  http://gregpalast.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=33e4ec877eed6a43863a4a92e&id=1cd4441507&e=b3178b030a" rel="nofollow - shaking down the gaucho nation for $3 billion .

Here’s the story. Decades ago, Argentina’s military dictatorship issued bonds that sucked the nation dry. When democracy returned, 97% of the banks that had funded the dictatorship agreed to take a low payment for these bonds.

Then down swooped The Vulture. Singer and his partners bought up the “hold-out” 3% for $50 million – and now Singer demands that Argentina pay him $3 billion, a 6,000% return on his “investment”—or he’ll bring Argentina to its knees.

That’s why he’s called The Vulture – because Singer has used this same junk-bond ransom trick to swipe aid funds meant for cholera clinics in the Congo. (When I uncovered that scheme for BBC Television, Britain’s Parliament banned Singer’s vulture fund from British courts. His operations are outlawed throughout most of the civilized world.)

But The Vulture has a problem: Hillary Clinton. As Secretary of State, Clinton went to court on Argentina’s side and body-blocked every ugly attempt by The Vulture to savage Argentina.

Singer is screeching. A President Hillary would cost Singer billions. (As would a President Sanders, a stalwart foe of vulture financiers.) To counter Hillary, The Vulture hatched a Senator: one Marco Rubio. Senator Rubio has made several ethically dubious attempts to bully the Treasury and State Departments on Singer’s behalf.

That failed, so Singer has decided to put the anti-gay martinet Rubio into the White House. (Singer’s son is married to a man—but hey, to Singer, a feast of billions means more to him than family.)

Yet Singer knows you can’t put a Rubio in the Oval Office by winning the most votes. No way. Changing demographics doom almost any GOP candidacy.

The only way to take the White House is to block the vote of millions of voters of color.

And that’s why Singer has become donor Numero Uno to Karl Rove’s operation Crossroads.

I’ve been on the trail of racist vote suppression tactics since 2000 when Katherine Harris was Purge’n General. And behind so many of the moves to disenfranchise voters, all too successful, is the Rove operation.

Now I’m on the hunt again. I’m in the middle of ripping the lid off the biggest, most secretive vote suppression operation since Jim Crow was law.

I’m in the thick of making the movie,  http://gregpalast.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=33e4ec877eed6a43863a4a92e&id=8f184be019&e=b3178b030a" rel="nofollow - The Best Democracy Money Can Buy: A Tale of Billionaires & Ballot Bandits , about the coming attempt to swipe the 2016 election through ugly—but unbelievably sophisticated—vote suppression trickery.

For BBC TelevisionThe Guardian and Rolling Stone, I’ve been on the beat of ballot bandits – and the billionaires behind them for 16 years. This film – and a related series of articles, web videos, and a book – which we must release in Spring 2016 – has one aim: to save The House I Live In, the America of Martin Luther King and Franklin D. Roosevelt.

This is not about whether Rubio or Clinton or Sanders or any other candidate should win. This is about making sure that the ballots, not the billionaires, determine the election.

I’m asking you to  http://gregpalast.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=33e4ec877eed6a43863a4a92e&id=7ba59e512e&e=b3178b030a" rel="nofollow - help me complete  this documentary.

And we’ll be covering The Vulture and his hatchling.
Singer’s knuckle-draggers muscled me out of his Rubio fundraiser last month—when my disguise fell off. No kidding. So I have to try again.

While The Best Democracy Money Can Buy movie will have heavyweight, real, undercover, no-BS investigative reporting, it will present the eye-popping truth in an eye-popping manner, with all the humor and heart you expect from a Palast team film.
http://gregpalast.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=33e4ec877eed6a43863a4a92e&id=d2bf65caa8&e=b3178b030a" rel="nofollow - Watch  this sneak peek.

I am asking you, to add your name as a  http://gregpalast.us4.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=33e4ec877eed6a43863a4a92e&id=0f56c30902&e=b3178b030a" rel="nofollow - Producer  or  http://gregpalast.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=33e4ec877eed6a43863a4a92e&id=886f887fe7&e=b3178b030a" rel="nofollow - co-Producer  of this film (for a tax-deductible donation of $1,000 or $500 respectively) and you will receive a movie producer credit and an invite to join me at our opening in Hollywood. (You can, of course, choose to remain anonymous.)

For a  http://gregpalast.us4.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=33e4ec877eed6a43863a4a92e&id=af4300efa0&e=b3178b030a" rel="nofollow - $100 donation , you’ll be listed in the film credits as a supporter – and receive the signed DVD of the film.
Or support the film for  http://gregpalast.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=33e4ec877eed6a43863a4a92e&id=33c54c52b0&e=b3178b030a" rel="nofollow - any amount you can , no matter how small or large.

Please make this  http://gregpalast.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=33e4ec877eed6a43863a4a92e&id=b181e7005b&e=b3178b030a" rel="nofollow - donation to our foundation  right now.

I can’t thank you enough for your support—not just financial, but your vote of confidence in me and my team’s work over the years.

It’s what keeps us going.

Paul "The Vulture" Singer by Rob Bischoff from the film, 'The Best Democracy Money Can Buy'©Palast Investigative Fund

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 10:21pm
What are they voting on at the moment over there? Is this just to find out which party get's their main presedential candidate? 

-------------

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 10:28pm
Feel the Bern

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 10:53pm
If it's Sanders v Trump, Trump will win unless Bloomberg enters the race.The moderate Republicans who would probably even vote for Hillary ahead of Trump would be extremely unlikely to vote for Sanders. If Bloomberg enters it will throw the cat amongst the pigeons as he would be attractive to moderate Republicans and the Democrats who would be reluctantly voting for Sanders otherwise.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 10:57pm
Yeah, Trump v Sanders is the only way Bloomberg enters, and he'd likely have a great shot at a win. I doubt he'd enter in a Trump v Hillary contest. That would only hand Hillary victory.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 11:01pm
Can anyone explain my questionCry

-------------

Posted By: sid waddell

If it's Sanders v Trump, Trump will win unless Bloomberg enters the race.The moderate Republicans who would probably even vote for Hillary ahead of Trump would be extremely unlikely to vote for Sanders. If Bloomberg enters it will throw the cat amongst the pigeons as he would be attractive to moderate Republicans and the Democrats who would be reluctantly voting for Sanders otherwise.
Bloomberg has no chance whoever the nominees are.

In a hypothetical Trump v Sanders race, a limited number of polls show Sanders to be well ahead.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_sanders-5565.html

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Posted By: Hickster74
I don't see the republican establishment allowing Trump to win, by fair means or foul they'll stop him. It's a scary thought but I reckon Trump would win the election.
And deluded as he is, I love watching him speak, it's like watching a standup.

-------------
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

They are just voting to see who the party candidate will be. All the collegiate votes of each state will go to the party conventions and the candidate announced. The collegiate votes are weighted depended on the size of the state. New Hampsire have fock all, California loads.

Trump may still run as an independent if he fails in the nomination election

Posted By: Hickster74
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 11:06pm
He would but he'll have no chance as an independent.

-------------
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 11:12pm

You would generally expect a person to understand their own question but possibly need help understanding the answer. I guess that's why you're a Mod.

-------------
I don't know what more we can do in terms of being open and transparent - John Delaney

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

They are just voting to see who the party candidate will be. All the collegiate votes of each state will go to the party conventions and the candidate announced. The collegiate votes are weighted depended on the size of the state. New Hampsire have fock all, California loads.

Trump may still run as an independent if he fails in the nomination election

Thanks sportThumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 11:18pm

You would generally expect a person to understand their own question but possibly need help understanding the answer. I guess that's why you're a Mod.

Meow

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 11:20pm
Pussy

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 11:31pm
Bernie, as much as I would love to be proved wrong, has no hope of winning ths democratic nomination, he knew this at the outset I am sure. He has more than achieved what I feel were his goals; to introduce the word socialism into American political debate without universally negative connotations, to show that a campaign can be run without the backing of big business and Wall Street, to drag sections of the Democratic party to the left of centre and to show you can question American foreign policy and not being unpatriotic. In the end though Clinton will comfortably win, but in 15-20 years time, when n economically left of centre president is elected, I am sure that Bernie will be thanked.

Far more worrying is the Republican debate, while Trump is the comic villain of the piece, I am not sure he is the most dangerous. Cruz and Rubio are completely unhinged, just are not as amusing. Some of Cruz's views are as redneck as they come, in a recent debate, he claimed Clinton would allow abortions up until the last week of pregnancy and Rubio is little better. I am not so sure that Trump isn't the best of an awful lot.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 11:41pm
In the Republican race Rubio is the candidate I have fancied to win from a long way out and after Iowa that looked like a good bet as he polled better than expected. However I think he may have shot himself in the foot with his robot impersonation at the weekend. 

Christie and Fiorina have now pulled out of the race.

Carson will surely not be far behind. 

There are effectively five people still in the race - Trump and Cruz on the batsh*t crazy flying pink elephant wing of the party, Kasich, Rubio and Bush on the merely crazy establishment wing.

I think Trump will burn Cruz off.

That means an establishment candidate has to emerge from Kasich, Rubio and Bush, burning two off of them off in the process, to challenge Trump.

I'm increasingly thinking it could be Kasich, who polled well enough in New Hampshire.

-------------

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 11:43pm
True enough PM, you can't be quite sure Trump means everything he says, but scarily, the other 2 mean every word. We may have generations of parochial gombeens for representatives, but none of them have a chance of getting near commanding a nuclear arsenal any time soon, in the US, being affiliated to one or other party means you nearly automatically get close to it when the election reaches that point. 

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 11:44pm
Rubio has huge financial support behind him. I think he will emerge against Cruz. I can see Trump drifting.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 12:02am

Rubio has huge financial support behind him. I think he will emerge against Cruz. I can see Trump drifting.
He's a terrible dweeb, though, and is beginning to look out of his depth. 

Trump and Cruz are basically fishing in the same pool, or at least very similar pools, for votes. 

Trump is well ahead in the polls for next two states up which are South Carolina and Nevada. 

That should give him a good bit of momentum ahead of Super Tuesday on March 1st when something like 12 or 13 states vote. 

If he pulls well ahead of Cruz on March 1st, it's over.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 12:26am
Agreed, I could be very wrong, but I think his novelty has worn off a bit. It must be remembered that Republicans have very short attention plans, Trump has had his moment. Cruz's craziness, or Cruziness if you will, is a more long lasting lunacy. Rubio is a bit awkward alright, but has friends in all the right places.

-------------

Posted By: ewerk
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 10:30am
People have been saying that now for months about Trump. Super Tuesday isn't that far off.

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by ewerk ewerk wrote:

People have been saying that now for months about Trump. Super Tuesday isn't that far off.

Where Cruz will blow him away. I do think Trump is the lesser of two evils as well.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 1:29pm
Trump can very easily get the band playing to his tune again, if him and Bernie Saunders go head to head for President Donald Trump wins.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 1:34pm
True, but Bernie Sanders might give him a closer run.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 1:53pm
I think Clinton will give a closer run due to her record of being in Government and not forgetting the husband. 
America isn't ready for the likes of Bernie Saunders nor will it ever be, similar to the UK and you can can compare Saunders to Jeremy Corbyn. When it comes down to it voters stick to what their pocket tells them and stability. 

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 2:04pm
He is still Sanders captain, or should I say colonel.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 2:35pm
Although there have been a lot more people pushing to the far right/left of late it's the centre that will decide the election and should any moderate face an extremist in the GE then the moderate will win every time imo.

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 2:42pm
Who in the US election is pushing far left? Or have I been asleep.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 2:56pm
In fairness, social democracy would be considered far left by most of the Republicans candidates.

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 2:58pm
Sanders would have been considered a purebred communist in the states a few years ago.

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 3:00pm
And still is by many as Devrozex points out.

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 4:15pm
Just because that is what some Americans may or may not believe, it doesn't make him it.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 4:27pm
Surely how far to the left or right someone is on the political spectrum is relative to their country/region?

In the states advocating universal subsidised or free healthcare might place you far left of centre, whereas in Europe you might be only be slightly left of centre. Similar with the right and how far you're willing to believe in the virtues of the "free market" and its ability to solve problems.

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 5:01pm
Of course it is not. What a bizarre thing to say.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 5:12pm
It's not bizarre in the least, it was a very valid and well made point. Where you're seen to be on the political spectrum depends very much on the time and political/cultural environment in which you find yourself.

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 5:27pm
Balderdash and piffle. So what are, say , the Communist party of America if Sanders is far left?

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 6:12pm
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/feb/11/bernie-sanders-hillary-clinton-election-2016-popular-vote-superdelegates" rel="nofollow - http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/feb/11/bernie-sanders-hillary-clinton-election-2016-popular-vote-superdelegates

Interesting article about the ability of superdrelgates to change the outcome of the nomination campaign.

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 8:28am

Balderdash and piffle. So what are, say , the Communist party of America if Sanders is far left?

Easy there, sunshine. This is a family forum, there's no need for language like that.

I didn't say that Sanders was as far as you can go to the left in American politics, there's still room for communism in there. 

The point that has been made several times is that Sanders' views place him on the far left of the US political landscape as can be seen below. Now if you transplanted the same views into an Irish or UK politician then they wouldn't be seen as being nearly as far left leaning. It's simple really.

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 3:20pm
You are changing the parameters, he was far left, now he is the most liberal on the US political landscape. Two very different things.

-------------

Posted By: Bohsfan84
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 6:16pm
Say what you want about Donald Trump but there are homeless ragheads on every street corner in my town selling and shooting up babania on every street corner, openly pissing on street corners in front of children and being an overall malignant presence. Not exactly a great advertisement for multiculturalism.

It's embarrassing. There are enough Irish winos on the streets as it is, without being taken over by these subhumans.

When I lived in New York you had to go looking for vagrants to find them. They are everywhere here!

I hope Trump is elected. The alternatives are just as useless. Besides they are just a lightning rod for big pharma and the bank CEO's who really control the country.

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 9:39am

You are changing the parameters, he was far left, now he is the most liberal on the US political landscape. Two very different things.

I'm not at all. I'm say how far left he is depends entirely on the political landscape in which he operates.

You disagree with that but this is politics and there are no hard and fast rules so I guess we'll agree to disagree.

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Bohsfan84 Bohsfan84 wrote:

Say what you want about Donald Trump but there are homeless ragheads on every street corner in my town selling and shooting up babania on every street corner, openly pissing on street corners in front of children and being an overall malignant presence. Not exactly a great advertisement for multiculturalism.

It's embarrassing. There are enough Irish winos on the streets as it is, without being taken over by these subhumans.

When I lived in New York you had to go looking for vagrants to find them. They are everywhere here!

I hope Trump is elected. The alternatives are just as useless. Besides they are just a lightning rod for big pharma and the bank CEO's who really control the country.

Some day a real rain will come...

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 2:37pm

I'm not at all. I'm say how far left he is depends entirely on the political landscape in which he operates.

You disagree with that but this is politics and there are no hard and fast rules so I guess we'll agree to disagree.

No it doesn't, by that view, Enda Kenny is far right, as there is no real far right on the Irish political landscape.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 3:49pm
Well there is the likes of Identity Ireland but I take the point that they are very much on the fringes. Ireland is very much a nation of centrists.

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 4:28pm

Well there is the likes of Identity Ireland but I take the point that they are very much on the fringes. Ireland is very much a nation of centrists.

And in the states there are parties like the aforementioned Communist Party, the socialist party and regional leftists like the Vermont progressive/ socialist Alternative in Washington for example. I am probably being a bit pedantic, but there is a ppolitical spectrum, it doesn't change, no matter what the nation.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 4:32pm
Well, you could argue that the "centre" is th median position in every country.

But the left right distinction is overly simplistic.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 11:26pm
One of the Judges on the Supreme Court has died and the Republicans are tripping over themselves saying that the next President should be the one to nominate the replacement. Attitude wouldn't be because any Obama nominee would tip the balance of the court to the liberal justices of course

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 12:00am
F**king unbelievable. Bald politicking while the corpse is still warm.

Scalia was an incredibly intelligent man but some of his opinions were ridiculous.

Sure if the next President is a Democrat, there'll be little enough they'll be able to do anyway.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 12:24am
White House has confirmed Obama intends to nominate a new Supreme Court justice. Should be interesting as the person being spoken about by CNN was confirmed only a few years ago by the Senate on a vote of 97-0 to the D.C circuit of the U.S. Court of appeals. Would presumably put the Republicans on the backfoot in that regard.

-------------

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 8:27am

White House has confirmed Obama intends to nominate a new Supreme Court justice. Should be interesting as the person being spoken about by CNN was confirmed only a few years ago by the Senate on a vote of 97-0 to the D.C circuit of the U.S. Court of appeals. Would presumably put the Republicans on the backfoot in that regard.

Won't make a bit of difference , they will block it because , Obama.

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 11:19am
What are the dicks going to do if it's a Clinton nominee.They can hardly block it for 4 years

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 7:29pm
Clinton is very much a Republican's Democrat.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 12:55am
Just been listening to last night's Republican debate there. It's tremendously entertaining fare altogether, like a real life Jerry Springer show. The bit where Trump royally clamps Bush and Rubio over September 11th and the Iraq War is box office stuff.  :clap:

From 30:00 on:

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 11:45am
Twitter reactions to Scalia's death:

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 11:49am
Looks like the entire vocabulary of the Fascist-Left.

It's funny that you never see that scale of abuse when Left-Wingers die.

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 12:01pm

Here's how actual fascists responded:

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 1:53pm
http://venezuelanalysis.com/analysis/8083" rel="nofollow - http://venezuelanalysis.com/analysis/8083

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2016 at 8:58am

I'm not feeling any better about this 3 months on Dead

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2016 at 9:00am
Nah even with that I doubt it. He will never get the Hispanic vote or African American vote. Would also appear to be a good number of "mainstream" Republicans who have said they will not vote for him.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2016 at 9:09am
He won the Latino vote in Nevada. Marc Rubio is more of a worry than Trump.
http://www.vox.com/2016/2/20/11067932/rubio-worse-than-trump" rel="nofollow - http://www.vox.com/2016/2/20/11067932/rubio-worse-than-trump

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2016 at 9:14am
He won't get it in a general election. That Latino vote is soley from registered Republicans AFAIK

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2016 at 10:20am

He won't get it in a general election. That Latino vote is soley from registered Republicans AFAIK

In a general election v Sanders Trump wins. 

V Clinton he has a real chance also, the fact Bernie Sanders even has a chance proves to me Trump has a real chance, I believe whoever Trump goes up against he will win. He appeals to a range of people economically he isn't a Washington puppet it will be his terms, I wonder who will be his Vice President. He'll go for a woman I think to prove his not simply an angry white man, Nikki Haley is perfect of native american descent and a woman proves his not a neo nazi or as i said angry white man. Americans in polls are most concerned about 'terrorism and national security' well... that all points to one candidate Donald Trump.

Boris Johnson and Donald Trump leading their respective nations, i hope I live to see that LOLLOL

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2016 at 10:24am
You won't be living long much afterwards

-------------

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2016 at 10:36am

It frightens the shyte out of me that Trump is still the leading
candidate for the Republican nomination.  In fact if frightens me that
he should even still be in the running.  This guy is Putin on steroids.  He could win if there is a major perceived national threat during
the campaign like a Daesh attack on the HOMELAND.

I'm not feeling any better about this 3 months on Dead
the nomination is as good as in the bag.

The run off at the end of the year is going to be very interesting.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2016 at 10:39am
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

In a general election v Sanders Trump wins. 

V Clinton he has a real chance also, the fact Bernie Sanders even has a chance proves to me Trump has a real chance, I believe whoever Trump goes up against he will win. He appeals to a range of people economically he isn't a Washington puppet it will be his terms, I wonder who will be his Vice President. He'll go for a woman I think to prove his not simply an angry white man, Nikki Haley is perfect of native american descent and a woman proves his not a neo nazi or as i said angry white man. Americans in polls are most concerned about 'terrorism and national security' well... that all points to one candidate Donald Trump.

Boris Johnson and Donald Trump leading their respective nations, i hope I live to see that LOLLOL
Good enough to place a bet?

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2016 at 10:51am

Scary stuff
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/25/upshot/measuring-donald-trumps-supporters-for-intolerance.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

-------------
El Puto Amo

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net