You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U.S Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 211212213214215 334>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Keano2000 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keano2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 5:41pm
Noam Chomsky up to his usual tricks again I see.  Has recently claimed that the Republican party is the "most dangerous organization in human history".  Wacko

Senility is a horrible thing.

Edited by Keano2000 - 11 May 2017 at 5:43pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 4:58pm
@rzollAP

WASHINGTON (AP) — Acting FBI director calls Trump-Russia investigation "highly significant," contradicting White House claim

Ruh Roh. Acting FBI Director to be fired in

In 3,2,1..

Edited by Denis Irwin - 11 May 2017 at 4:59pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 12:56pm
http://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/may/11/dwayne-johnson-run-for-president-rock

Failed Hollywood stars, reality tv stars and wrestling 'actors'. What odds would you get on Peewee Herman running?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

I love how he referred to them as 'My Cardinals' as if he owned them somehow

He's not even a Catholic ffs

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 12:12am

Anybody who still who still has doubts needs their head examined. This will either be his Saturday Night Massacre a la Nixon or he consolidates power

This decision is absolutely staggering, but yet it's not.

They must have been getting very, very close to uncovering the smoking gun. 

The Republicans simply don't care. 

Did you hear the questions they asked Sally Yates? Anything except  what they were supposed to be asking about. I thought they were gong to get onto asking her about the weather.

Two deflections from Yates. 

First Trump announces he's going to destroy Afghanistan, and now this, the ultimate deflection.

But how can he deflect from this?

It's utterly mental.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 11:57pm
Anybody who still who still has doubts needs their head examined. This will either be his Saturday Night Massacre a la Nixon or he consolidates power
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 11:53pm
Trump has FIRED James Comey. 

Image result for nuclear bomb
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 9:27pm
Ted Cruz just got burned by Sally Yates at the Senate Judiciary hearing 🔥🔥🔥

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 9:18pm
Bill Maher's take on the Republicans kicking people off healthcare. LOL

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Keano2000 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keano2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 1:17pm

f**king clown
not actually a real tweet though is it
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 12:58pm

f**king clown

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 6:22pm
I love how he referred to them as 'My Cardinals' as if he owned them somehow

He's not even a Catholic ffs

Edited by Denis Irwin - 04 May 2017 at 6:25pm

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 6:19pm
Some choice by Trump on his first foreign trip; kiddy f**kers, kiddy murderers and wife beaters.Clap
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Your best post on this thread. 

By a long way. 

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

The 6 year anniversary of the OBL capture in Pakistan passed this weekend. It was hoped to make the world a safer place. It's doubtful whether it has. While Al Qaeda have bxecome redundant, a new more terrifying enemy has emerged, and some countries have seen things get much worse.

So can consider the major event of the Obama years a success?

Depends on the definition, if you decide that killing OBL was the sole objective, then, yes, it was a success. 

With regard to the bigger picture, Obama's 8 years in terms of making the world safer, or stabilising the middle east was most definitely not a success. Neither was Bush 2's, Clinton's or Bush 1's presidencies though, in fact general US foreign policy since the end of WW2 hasn't really helped the middle east at all. 
From overthrowing the democratically elected Shah in Iran, to installing Saddam in Iraq, arming the Mudjahdeen in Afghanistan, uninstalling Saddam, helping get rid of Ghadafi, not quite knowing what to do with Assad, pandering to every whim of Israel no matter the cost to the greater region, it hasn't really been a huge success story for any of them. 

Well, it has made some Americans a lot wealthier, the ones that own shares in military & armaments firms, but again, that would be quite a narrow definition of success. Left to his own devices, if he can avoid the minor distraction of starting a nuclear war with North Korea, Trump would probably prove no worse than any other recent incumbent as regards what he might do for the region, but there are a whole load of vested interests to take into account, something he is finding out with some of his other pre election promises, so whatever he or the USA decide to do might not necessarily be his decision alone. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 7:04pm
The 6 year anniversary of the OBL capture in Pakistan passed this weekend. It was hoped to make the world a safer place. It's doubtful whether it has. While Al Qaeda have bxecome redundant, a new more terrifying enemy has emerged, and some countries have seen things get much worse.

So can consider the major event of the Obama years a success?
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 7:01pm
On RTE's Reeling In The Years, George Lee sums up our economic situation in June 2006, a time when Ireland was enjoying the sands on which it's economic model was built. When the inevitable crash happened, Lee himself became a TD promising the sun moon and stars to anyone who voted for hin. He resigned after less than 9 months in opposition, frustrated at the slow pace of political life in Ireland.

10 Years on, and another politician with no experience was elected. Only this time, it was Donald Trump to the highest office in the world. He didn't seem all that happy with himself in a Reuters interview after 100 days, saying how he thought his current role would be easier than the dog eat dog daily wheeling and dealing in the private sector.

Much surprise was the reaction to it. I'm not that surprised tbh, and I did predict it here. I don't think he finds it difficult, I think he finds the slow pace of change in Washington hard to get used to, and he doesn't like all the negotiations he needs to get things done, its a world away from the click your fingers and get things done of his previous life.

Like Lee at home, he's discovering there's a difference between a political/economic commentator and having political responsibility. That is what he's finding difficult to deal with.

Edited by planning - 01 May 2017 at 7:24pm
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 5:03pm

Edited by planning - 01 May 2017 at 5:04pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 211212213214215 334>
  Share Topic