You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U.S Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 203204205206207 334>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Be that as it may, I don’t think she has much beyond rhetoric. I’m not a fan. She is light on much more than the sound byte.
Can you download them now?
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 10:32pm
*Soundbite. Fair cop PM.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 11:45pm
We'll see soon enough Hetfield. She's been appointed this week to the House Oversight Committee...that should put all the newbies to the test.

Edited by colemanY2K - 23 Jan 2019 at 11:46pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 11:00am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

We'll see soon enough Hetfield. She's been appointed this week to the House Oversight Committee...that should put all the newbies to the test.

The platitudes will only go so far. Her metal will be tested when she has to work within the structures to get things done. Also, there is a major difference between YouTube and Twitter, and what she’ll discover when dealing with very experienced politicians and journalists.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Cohen postpones testifying, claiming the decision is because of threats made to him and his family by Trump and Giuliani
...and predictably he has been issued a subpoena. He'll be giving evidence in February whether he likes it or not. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 24 Jan 2019 at 4:45pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 4:46pm

The platitudes will only go so far. Her metal will be tested when she has to work within the structures to get things done. Also, there is a major difference between YouTube and Twitter, and what she’ll discover when dealing with very experienced politicians and journalists.

There's no way of knowing how she'll do before the fact. As I said we'll soon see if she's up to it....and it's mettle by the way.

Edited by colemanY2K - 24 Jan 2019 at 4:49pm
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 10:07am
TSA agents in Hawaii starting to resign. I wonder what will happen if other airport start to have this issue?

It's estimated the shut down has cost 1.2bn GDP per week and they're now at 34 days, so that's 5.8bn which is what man baby wanted for his wall
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 10:17am

There's no way of knowing how she'll do before the fact. As I said we'll soon see if she's up to it....and it's mettle by the way.

Again, fair cop on the spelling

However, I would advise you to seek out the op-ed in the Washington Post about her. Anybody who sees beyond the modern trappings of her means of projecting herself would see that there is a significant amount yet to learn, and that she has the capacity to engage her mouth before her brain. The thrust was that if she was a conservative she would be easy pickings for satire given the record she has developed over the past year for mis-statement, being wrong, and poking the bear in policy areas that she has a tenuous grasp of.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 11:38am
Adios Roger

Special Counsel: Roger Stone was arrested following an indictment by a federal grand jury in D.C. The indictment, unsealed upon arrest, contains seven counts: one count of obstruction of an official proceeding, five counts of false statements, and one count of witness tampering.

ClapClap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 11:51am

Given what's in the public sphere he could have been charged with a lot more crimes. At a guess I'm assuming Mueller may be holding back additional indictments in a bid to convince him in to becoming a cooperating witness.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 11:52am

However, I would advise you to seek out the op-ed in the Washington Post about her. Anybody who sees beyond the modern trappings of her means of projecting herself would see that there is a significant amount yet to learn, and that she has the capacity to engage her mouth before her brain. The thrust was that if she was a conservative she would be easy pickings for satire given the record she has developed over the past year for mis-statement, being wrong, and poking the bear in policy areas that she has a tenuous grasp of.
Will do Thumbs Up
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 12:36pm

I really only know what I have read in articles about her over here, I don't follow American politics too closely as I want a shot of getting up in the morning, but isn't that how the whole thing has worked over there for some time?
Every article I do read, from all sides and viewpoints across the two parties, seems absolutely incredulous, even to someone who has followed the careers closely of people like the Healy-Raes, BoJo and Ken Livingstone.
Barack Obama seems to be an anomaly in American politics for being successful and widely regarded for generally dealing with things in a thoughtful manner. It would seem that if you want to make a name in American politics you have to shout loudest.
Just to clarify, I am not giving her the credit for doing this as a set ploy to get to the top, in many ways she is the benefactor of circumstance, her story is a kind of 21st century American dream that suits the zeitgeist, but that might be the reason she is being given more airplay and a free ride, or at least a freer ride, but it is hardly her fault. That and the fact she is very lowdown on the lunacy scale in American politics.

Like how it baffles me every single day I live here that Britain once ruled most of the world, it absolutely confounds me that America, and every lunatic in Congress and the Senate they elect, run most of it now. I sometimes play a game where I pick a random elected official from the USA on Wikipedia, usually elected to national office there, every single one of them is f**king mental. There are saner people locked up. I think picking on AOC for being young, exuberant and naive seems a little harsh.

I do admit to a little bias as anyone admitting to be on the left, especially over there, immediately has my sympathy. Could you post a link to the article?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 7:34pm
Govt re-opens under a continuing resolution for 3 weeks and no funding for the wall LOL 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 10:08am

I would advise you to seek out the op-ed in the Washington Post about her. Anybody who sees beyond the modern trappings of her means of projecting herself would see that there is a significant amount yet to learn, and that she has the capacity to engage her mouth before her brain. The thrust was that ]if she was a conservative she would be easy pickings for satire given the record she has developed over the past year for mis-statement, being wrong, and poking the bear in policy areas that she has a tenuous grasp of.

She's a woman, and she'll play the woman card as soon as someone says something about her. And the sexist card, and probably the racist card as well. 
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 12:52pm
Roger Stone and My Friend “Person 2”
By Greg Palast

The unnamed “Person 2” in the Roger Stone indictment is my friend: comic and journalist Randy Credico. I’ve been in constant contact with Credico for two years as Stone tried to bully him into perjury.

Trump stooge Stone is a bucket of pus. And he lied to the House Intelligence Committee, as the indictment states. But, frankly, this is small potatoes, not evidence of collusion with Russia. In fact it’s evidence of Stone’s slapstick, self-promoting failed attempts to collude.

What concerns me is that this indictment reveals Mueller’s real targets are what he terms “Organization 1,” Wikileaks, and Julian Assange.

Let’s not get tangled up in debates about Assange’s unsavory personality or conduct. WikiLeaks is an important investigative news service, giving us Chelsea Manning’s inestimably vital evidence of official, deadly misconduct; US State Department cables about oil company crimes I’ve used in my own reporting — and yes, those Democratic Party emails about operations to subvert the Bernie Sanders campaign in possible violation of federal elections law.

By providing a haven for whistleblowers, WikiLeaks has successfully exposed crimes against our democracy. And Mueller, true to his FBI roots, can’t stand it.

Did Russian hackers slip the DNC emails to Wikileaks to help their buddy Trump? Well, no sheet, Sherlock. I can tell you now that not every source of inside documents I receive is from a selfless informer. Everyone, including your mom, has an agenda. But neither Putin nor Assange forged the emails; isn’t that correct, Mr. Blumenthal? Are we afraid of the truth, of the facts?

Credico co-hosted a half dozen radio shows with Assange and visited him in Ecuador’s London Embassy. That Mueller hauled Credico before a grand jury to ask about his contacts with Wikileaks should scare those of us who are trying to hold on to the last shreds of Freedom of the Press.

While I enjoy seeing that reptile Roger Stone get his time in the barrel, I am sickened watching Democratic pols and too many progressives, all in the name of cutting up Trump, applaud the return of a witchhunt against journalists and investigative journalism using tropes about foreign influence worthy of Joe McCarthy. Calls from mainstream media to shut down fake news sites have a price: My own sites and outlets face real threats of electronic blockade and censorship.

The memory of my uncle, the Black-listed writer Oliver Crawford, for years in hiding from the precursor of Adam Schiff’s Committee, stands as an ever-admonishing warning, that, as journalist Ben Franklin said, “Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Or to purchase a temporary political advantage against an odious President.

I admit to a little thrill watching the CNN footage of FBI agents made-for-TV dawn raid on Stone’s home. But I worry that, in the not too distant future, the door they knock on will be mine.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 1:03pm
Don junior is surely the one who will go to jail from the Trump family , he seems completely stupid and even worse doesn't actually know that he is stupid. 

i honestly don't think Trump colluded with the Russians, they are just playing him.
manafort is a bona fide , cast iron FSB or GRU asset , he'll be in jail for a long long time. 
Stone will surely cut a deal and send don junior down.    
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 1:09pm

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Don junior is surely the one who will go to jail from the Trump family , he seems completely stupid and even worse doesn't actually know that he is stupid. 

i honestly don't think Trump colluded with the Russians, they are just playing him.
manafort is a bona fide , cast iron FSB or GRU asset , he'll be in jail for a long long time. 
Stone will surely cut a deal and send don junior down.    

If Don Jr goes down so does the old man. No way did he do anything without the old mans say so

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 203204205206207 334>
  Share Topic