You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U.S Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 168169170171172 334>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

planning is also a believer in Irish partition.

I don't believe in partition. I recognise that the border between here and the UK exists, as it has since 1921.

Trump has simply enforced the 1995 bipartisan vote in Congress to recognise Jerusalem, long before he ran for office.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 3:41pm

Who Owns Trump? It's Staring Us In The Face.

Watch here!

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 10:38pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 10:40pm
f**k me does he think the man who was the second longest serving director of the FBI in it's history after Hoover is an idiot
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

f**k me does he think the man who was the second longest serving director of the FBI in it's history after Hoover is an idiot
I haven't even looked at the link, but how else would he have got the job?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 3:10pm
My facebook feed is full of sponsored Jewish propaganda.  ''Jews in Ireland'' or something.   Telling everyone why Jerusalem is the Jewish capital.  Fook right off.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 4:12am
I don't believe in miracles however the Democrats have just won a by election (or special election as they call it) in the deep red state of Alabama! Cue mega meltdown from Trump.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 9:39am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

I don't believe in miracles however the Democrats have just won a by election (or special election as they call it) in the deep red state of Alabama! Cue mega meltdown from Trump.

I am in two minds. Is it a backlash against Trump or was the Republican candidate so flawed and outrageous that it was he rather than Trump who galvanized people to vote Democrat. Whatever the truth its a huge boost, 51-49 now in the Senate to Republicans which hopefully by the mid terms is overturned.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 9:46am
Little from column A and a little from column B I think.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 10:09am
considering Alabama has been a guaranteed republican state for the past 25 years, it is definitely more of a stand against trump than against that kiddy fiddler moore. apparently there was a ridiculously high percentage of white females that voted for moore. cannot understand how they could vote for someone who could have fiddled with their daughters
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 10:11am
Anyone see the 4 part series about Trump on C4? Was very good
Some people just deserve a slap
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 10:12am
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

considering Alabama has been a guaranteed republican state for the past 25 years, it is definitely more of a stand against trump than against that kiddy fiddler moore. apparently there was a ridiculously high percentage of white females that voted for moore. cannot understand how they could vote for someone who could have fiddled with their daughters

This is Alabama man! They would be insulted if he hadn't fiddled with their daughters!
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 10:17am

What about the fathers concern for their daughters or is that only received for mothers.
AKA pedantic kunt
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

What about the fathers concern for their daughters or is that only received for mothers.

there's never really announcements about where white male votes go, but considering the media attention at the moment surrounding famous people and their pasts, it surprised me to hear about where the white female votes were going
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

I am in two minds. Is it a backlash against Trump or was the Republican candidate so flawed and outrageous that it was he rather than Trump who galvanized people to vote Democrat. Whatever the truth its a huge boost, 51-49 now in the Senate to Republicans which hopefully by the mid terms is overturned.

Don't get too excited, as it changes nothing. The Senate still has a Red majority to push through the Red agenda. Even if it's 50-50, Pence delivers the casting vote.

The vote had nothing to do with Trump. In a solid red state, any other Republican candidate would have comfortably retained the seat. And with a different candidate, they should regain it next year.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 10:39am
2020 numbnuts

It's a deep red state they lost they should be extremely worried but you keep drinking that kool aid

Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 11:12am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Don't get too excited, as it changes nothing. The Senate still has a Red majority to push through the Red agenda. Even if it's 50-50, Pence delivers the casting vote.

The vote had nothing to do with Trump. In a solid red state, any other Republican candidate would have comfortably retained the seat. And with a different candidate, they should regain it next year.

Don't get to complacent. It only takes the Democrats to 2 seats now and its curtains for dodgy Donnie. He will be stuck in red tape for 2 years. I saw the voting patterns and it looks like a lot of black voters were galvanized to come out to vote. Was it Trump and his outrageous presidency, was it the fact Moore was accused of sexual assault on teenagers or was it a mix of both. Either way its a bloody nose for the Republicans in a solid red state. Sweet Home Alabama indeed.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 11:16am
Over 20k votes were cast for somebody other than the two candidates i.e. what can be deduced is that the vast majority were republicans protesting against Moore. The last time I checked Jones had a lead of 9k...

A number of factors lead to this result.

1. The Alabama Governor deciding to have a special election. If he didn't Moore wouldn't have won the nomination. The republicans would have selected another less decisive candidate who would have won handy.

2. The unpopularity of Moore among the republican base but more importantly the turnout in red neck areas was below expectations

3. The unpopularity of Trump amongst the electorate. The black vote and turnout was critical - 97% of black women voted for Jones. Young white millennials and college students voted for Jones in larger numbers.

This is a blow to republicans and will embolden Democrats to target swing seats next year. A lot of talk of Ted Cruz being one of the targets.

Meanwhile Mueller is working away in the background.

Edited by colemanY2K - 13 Dec 2017 at 11:26am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 168169170171172 334>
  Share Topic