You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TV or radio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Do you prefer TV or Radio
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
11 [55.00%]
9 [45.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TV or radio
    Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 1:39pm
I have found lately that I listen to way more radio, and I include Podcasts in this than I do watch TV.   I much prefer the medium of radio than TV.  You can go about your day listening to the radio.  Other people find that they prefer radio whether it be podcasts, talk radio or listenin to  music.  
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 2:19pm
Far too many ad's on radio IMO. Newstalk is the worst offender.

Edited by horsebox - 06 Dec 2010 at 2:19pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 2:31pm
Both good. Nothin better than driving at night with some good music on. Like off the ball on nestalk aswell.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Mr.Mojo Risin' View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

pray for Mojo!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mojo Risin' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 6:25pm
Since Radio Nova has graced us I have definitely been listening to radio much more than watching tv! I find I only watch tv if there's something I really want to see or I'm eating dinner/lunch!
Ahh heya!
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 7:11pm
Radio. Much more local choice than on TV.
Annoying ****s can be erased with a quick flick of the dial.
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2010 at 3:23am
radios for ****s 1/ you never hear any good tunes and 2/you dont see any
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 9:19am
Anton Savage is the greatest thing to hit Irish radio since Joe Duffy took over liveline
He is ten times the presenter his predecessor Ray Darcy ever was/will be.
Top top bloke and very funny goy👏👏👏
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 9:33pm
Some of the radio stations are giving away serious loot. Cash Machine I think they are calling it. Over 2 million they have given away. Who is bank rolling this?
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Some of the radio stations are giving away serious loot. Cash Machine I think they are calling it. Over 2 million they have given away. Who is bank rolling this?

Isnt it like 2.50 per entry. Prob make a profit on it or its paying for itself
I love beer gardens
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Isnt it like 2.50 per entry. Prob make a profit on it or its paying for itself
Exactly this 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 10:17pm
ye 2.50 to enter. Would that cover it all?  I don’t know of anywan that “plays” it. Don’t see any of the lads on the cost of living thread playing anyway whaLOL

Edited by BigStrongMan - 18 Aug 2022 at 10:17pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 11:24pm

ye 2.50 to enter. Would that cover it all?  I don’t know of anywan that “plays” it. Don’t see any of the lads on the cost of living thread playing anyway whaLOL

LOL

You must have the gig to paint the Louvre son 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 12:48am
TV for me. By TV though I don't mean broadcast TV which has far too much reality TV and general sh*te. I mean streaming whatever show you want to watch whenever you want to watch it, ad free.

As for radio, I stopped listening to it years ago. The music is generally beyond awful, there are too many ads and DJ's who should learn to just shut the f**k up. It's Spotify all the way for me.
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 8:28am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

TV for me. By TV though I don't mean broadcast TV which has far too much reality TV and general sh*te. I mean streaming whatever show you want to watch whenever you want to watch it, ad free.

As for radio, I stopped listening to it years ago. The music is generally beyond awful, there are too many ads and DJ's who should learn to just shut the f**k up. It's Spotify all the way for me.
Radio is terrible, have Nova on in work because all the other stations are beyond terrible, its grand for the first few weeks but then you hear the same songs over and over again when the artists in question have a lot of other hits that could be played.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 8:29am
Constant ads every few minutes. Especially Newstalk. Drive you insane.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 8:41am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

LOL

You must have the gig to paint the Louvre son 
LOLLOL
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 11:08am

Today FM where you have to answer within 5 rings?

Someone won 21k on it on Wednesday and think another person won 70+k on it last week.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 11:36am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Today FM where you have to answer within 5 rings?

Someone won 21k on it on Wednesday and think another person won 70+k on it last week.
yeah. Newstalk doing it also. Go Loud stations🤷🏻
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic