TV or radio

Poll Question: Do you prefer TV or Radio
11 [55.00%]
9 [45.00%]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TV or radio
    Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 1:39pm
I have found lately that I listen to way more radio, and I include Podcasts in this than I do watch TV.   I much prefer the medium of radio than TV.  You can go about your day listening to the radio.  Other people find that they prefer radio whether it be podcasts, talk radio or listenin to  music.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 2:19pm
Far too many ad's on radio IMO. Newstalk is the worst offender.

Edited by horsebox - 06 Dec 2010 at 2:19pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 2:31pm
Both good. Nothin better than driving at night with some good music on. Like off the ball on nestalk aswell.

Mr.Mojo Risin' View Drop Down

pray for Mojo!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mojo Risin' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 6:25pm
Since Radio Nova has graced us I have definitely been listening to radio much more than watching tv! I find I only watch tv if there's something I really want to see or I'm eating dinner/lunch!
Ahh heya!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 7:11pm
Radio. Much more local choice than on TV.
Annoying ****s can be erased with a quick flick of the dial.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2010 at 3:23am
radios for ****s 1/ you never hear any good tunes and 2/you dont see any

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 9:19am
Anton Savage is the greatest thing to hit Irish radio since Joe Duffy took over liveline
He is ten times the presenter his predecessor Ray Darcy ever was/will be.
Top top bloke and very funny goy👏👏👏

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 9:33pm
Some of the radio stations are giving away serious loot. Cash Machine I think they are calling it. Over 2 million they have given away. Who is bank rolling this?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 9:42pm

Some of the radio stations are giving away serious loot. Cash Machine I think they are calling it. Over 2 million they have given away. Who is bank rolling this?

Isnt it like 2.50 per entry. Prob make a profit on it or its paying for itself

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 9:51pm

Isnt it like 2.50 per entry. Prob make a profit on it or its paying for itself
Exactly this 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 10:17pm
ye 2.50 to enter. Would that cover it all?  I don’t know of anywan that “plays” it. Don’t see any of the lads on the cost of living thread playing anyway whaLOL

Edited by BigStrongMan - 18 Aug 2022 at 10:17pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 11:24pm

ye 2.50 to enter. Would that cover it all?  I don’t know of anywan that “plays” it. Don’t see any of the lads on the cost of living thread playing anyway whaLOL

You must have the gig to paint the Louvre son 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 12:48am
TV for me. By TV though I don't mean broadcast TV which has far too much reality TV and general sh*te. I mean streaming whatever show you want to watch whenever you want to watch it, ad free.

As for radio, I stopped listening to it years ago. The music is generally beyond awful, there are too many ads and DJ's who should learn to just shut the f**k up. It's Spotify all the way for me.
jamo1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 8:28am

TV for me. By TV though I don't mean broadcast TV which has far too much reality TV and general sh*te. I mean streaming whatever show you want to watch whenever you want to watch it, ad free.

As for radio, I stopped listening to it years ago. The music is generally beyond awful, there are too many ads and DJ's who should learn to just shut the f**k up. It's Spotify all the way for me.
Radio is terrible, have Nova on in work because all the other stations are beyond terrible, its grand for the first few weeks but then you hear the same songs over and over again when the artists in question have a lot of other hits that could be played.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 8:29am
Constant ads every few minutes. Especially Newstalk. Drive you insane.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 8:41am

You must have the gig to paint the Louvre son 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 11:08am

Today FM where you have to answer within 5 rings?

Someone won 21k on it on Wednesday and think another person won 70+k on it last week.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 11:36am

Today FM where you have to answer within 5 rings?

Someone won 21k on it on Wednesday and think another person won 70+k on it last week.
yeah. Newstalk doing it also. Go Loud stations🤷🏻