Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trumpet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 15>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

To whoever went to the FAI lets create an atmosphere gig, do you go to other matches besides Ireland ones and possibly epl/ spl. What came from that gig? Nothing except 5 lads banging drums and a nerd with a trumpet annoying the f**k out of everyone. No tifos, no banners or displays. Nothing seemed to come out of that meeting that helped create an atmosphere or excitement. How hard can it be. Google football displays, check out youtube videos of Dortmund, st pauli, celtic, even our own league were 20 lads at a game in utd park or any otger ground can get the place rockin.

The old 'League of Ireland section' was far better than all this bollocks! A few young fellas with a but of passion and a habit of going to games.
It just underlines the problems of modern football in corporate stadia, you need a meeting with the FAI to do anything and it must comply with the advertising and UEFA directives blah, blah , blah.

It was brilliant back then, they created some atmosphere. Not a chance that will happen again or anytime soon. I have no confidence in the confederation doing anything either of any substance.

Edited by drog addict - 30 Mar 2017 at 12:01am
Chips don't bounce
Sponsored Links

Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 12:19am
I think people are being a little bit harsh on the trumpet idea. Pretty sure I can remember bands accompanying Holland down through the years, both at home and in tournaments and I can remember Spain having them too.

It needs to be carefully thought out though and not overdone. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 12:27am
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

I think people are being a little bit harsh on the trumpet idea. Pretty sure I can remember bands accompanying Holland down through the years, both at home and in tournaments and I can remember Spain having them too.

The Dutch band are actually quite good for a football band, they know when to play and when to shut up and aren't planted there by the KNVB with a microphone, I had forgot about them but comparing them to that sack of sh*te at Aviva.LOL
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 11:16am
The only place I'd like to see them is outside the ground. Get a bit of atmosphere going on the way in!
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 11:25am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

The only place I'd like to see them is outside the ground. Get a bit of atmosphere going on the way in!

Or even before the match and at half time wouldn't be a bad shout
Chips don't bounce
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 11:27am

The Dutch band are actually quite good for a football band, they know when to play and when to shut up and aren't planted there by the KNVB with a microphone, I had forgot about them but comparing them to that sack of sh*te at Aviva.LOL
LOL
The Dutch band also worked for me because they were not hooked up to the stadium pa system, it seemed more spontaneous and added to the atmosphere rather than forced or artificial.  It also helped that they didn't just keep playing the same tune over and over again.

When the El Paso kids had their 1st go on Tuesday night and it wasn't over the pa system I thought 'oh, maybe they've finally caught on'. It didn't last long...
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 11:50am
Why not have the drummers inside the stadium isles spread out and have them play the drums synchronised at the same time . Maybe from 116 spreading into the west then 111 to the east . 114 noise already spreads across the bottom of the south but dies after 116-111 at either side . The only time the whole stadium is singing at the same time is when we sing "Stand up for the boys in green" . The reason this goes so well is that people are getting up to sing and the people next decide to stand and sing . Bit like a Mexican wave effect as much as that is cringeworthy.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 11:58am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

LOL
The Dutch band also worked for me because they were not hooked up to the stadium pa system, it seemed more spontaneous and added to the atmosphere rather than forced or artificial.  It also helped that they didn't just keep playing the same tune over and over again.

When the El Paso kids had their 1st go on Tuesday night and it wasn't over the pa system I thought 'oh, maybe they've finally caught on'. It didn't last long...

LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 2:15pm

LOL

I just remember them from the World Cups mainly, whenever there was a lull in the game and atmosphere they would play a song associated with the Netherlands, often 'the Red Rose Café', the Dutch fans would join in for the chorus and then you have every Dutchman and woman singing 'Hup Holland Hup for the next twenty minutes. It is a bit different from this sh*te.
I do reckon if the FAI started selling burritos at half-time they would make a killing though, I have fancied a Mexican since last Friday night.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 3:02pm

LOL

I just remember them from the World Cups mainly, whenever there was a lull in the game and atmosphere they would play a song associated with the Netherlands, often 'the Red Rose Café', the Dutch fans would join in for the chorus and then you have every Dutchman and woman singing 'Hup Holland Hup for the next twenty minutes. It is a bit different from this sh*te.
I do reckon if the FAI started selling burritos at half-time they would make a killing though, I have fancied a Mexican since last Friday night.
I remember that coming across very well when I was watching on tv, especially during the '94 and '98 World Cups, thought it really added to the atmosphere. I thought 'it would have been brilliant to be there at it'. Thumbs Up
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Why not have the drummers inside the stadium isles spread out and have them play the drums synchronised at the same time . Maybe from 116 spreading into the west then 111 to the east . 114 noise already spreads across the bottom of the south but dies after 116-111 at either side . The only time the whole stadium is singing at the same time is when we sing "Stand up for the boys in green" . The reason this goes so well is that people are getting up to sing and the people next decide to stand and sing . Bit like a Mexican wave effect as much as that is cringeworthy.

The man speaks sense, this is work in progress and hopefully will be fine tuned to get more than 114/115 singing at games.
I know nothing :-)
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Not a fan at all and the, last place they should be is in front of the SS. Thought it was funny that the majority of those booing wouldn't join in with any regular chants coming out of 114 though.

While not a fan of this, it got the crowd going on Friday.

I taught it was pathetic to boo them, if you don't like them sing all game long, like it or not the only way to get the West and East Stands joining in is something like this.

Surely the most important thing is to get behind the team and that did not happen last night, and those that were booing were silent the rest of the game. 

No it didn't LOL

The novelty soon wore off after the first one or two tunes were belted out and then it was just "would they ever stop please"

There was absolutely nothing shown on the field aside from a 5 minute spell, for the fans to be anything more than silent. 

In fairness it did get the rest of the stadium besides the SS involved on a few occasions.

It's pure bollox but did contribute to the atmosphere.
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 3:21pm

The man speaks sense, this is work in progress and hopefully will be fine tuned to get more than 114/115 singing at games.

Anything but standing on the pitch blocking the first few rows view of the game. They seemed to have learned when not to stand for Tuesday but should never never be standing on the pitch during a qualifier.
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Outside the ground is a great idea, half a mile away should do it. 
irish boogie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish boogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 5:48pm

Could see this working around the stadium but they should strip once the crowd is singing , the 4 corners of stadium might work with drums or Bodhrans , trumpet not gonna work

Edited by irish boogie - 30 Mar 2017 at 6:24pm
Thank You Torun and Tyskie
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 6:11pm
Bring back Darron Gibson against Uruguay and watch the band get taken out one by one from wayward shots walloped from 35 yards out
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Bring back Darron Gibson against Uruguay and watch the band get taken out one by one from wayward shots walloped from 35 yards out
Send them on a cycling holiday of North East England and he could do them all at once.
johnp30133 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnp30133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by irish boogie irish boogie wrote:

Could see this working around the stadium but they should strip once the crowd is singing , the 4 corners of stadium might work with drums or Bodhrans , trumpet not gonna work

Ah here, that's a bit much.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 15>
  Share Topic