Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 251>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 10:16am
if Spurs are as keen as they seem to be on Parrott then i'm sure he will be brought to Mourinho's attention. If hes not in his direct plans then you would assume he will go on loan this Jan.
Sponsored Links

Greenlad11 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenlad11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 10:33am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

if Spurs are as keen as they seem to be on Parrott then i'm sure he will be brought to Mourinho's attention. If hes not in his direct plans then you would assume he will go on loan this Jan.

When has a 17 year old ever gone out on loan?
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Greenlad11 Greenlad11 wrote:

Jermain Defoe to Bournemouth in August 2000.
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I’d say most of Chelsea’s 17 year olds are out on loan
The Whisperer View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Whisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 10:52am
Parrot linked to bayern munich today in the english press. Interesting if any substance to it.

Wouldnt see him getting within an asses roar of their first team squad this season but could develop over the next 2 years to be in their squad.

Appointment of jose has to be a massive negative for troy lets be honest. Not only has jose been reluctant to blood fresh young players in previous clubs but his style of play is not condusive to a free spirited player like troy. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

As a rule, teams tend to wait another year, although I’m not sure of the exact reasoning. Kane, for example, was 18 before looking absolutely terrible at Leyton Orient. I’m sure there are plenty of exceptions, but it seems that’s the rule of thumb, even at the richer franchises.
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 11:14am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

As a rule, teams tend to wait another year, although I’m not sure of the exact reasoning. Kane, for example, was 18 before looking absolutely terrible at Leyton Orient. I’m sure there are plenty of exceptions, but it seems that’s the rule of thumb, even at the richer franchises.

Harry Kane was 17 when he went on loan, he joined Orient in Jan 2011 and didnt turn 18 til July 2011. Kanes record at Orient, 5 goals in 18 games in while not great, the experience was defo better and more beneficial than youth football would have been in his development. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 11:16am
Apologies, I remember him being 18. I went to watch Orient a lot at the time and he was like Bambi on ice. I wasn’t the only one who thought he would never make it, the consensus was he should pack it in!
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Apologies, I remember him being 18. I went to watch Orient a lot at the time and he was like Bambi on ice. I wasn’t the only one who thought he would never make it, the consensus was he should pack it in!

The kind of experience that a young player needs to take in their stride, better struggle and take the flak in mens football than waltz through u23s. I think Parrot is too good for youth football and needs games somewhere, being 19th man for spurs isn't ideal. 
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 12:58pm
Better off going on loan and getting some games. Won’t get a sniff under Mou. I’d say they will be very selective about where they allow him to go to though. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Better off going on loan and getting some games. Won’t get a sniff under Mou. I’d say they will be very selective about where they allow him to go to though. 

Was hoping Poch might send him to Bielsa at Leeds in Jan. definitely needs a move.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Greenlad11 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenlad11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 1:39pm

My badLOL
Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 9:24am
Parrott not in the travelling matchday squad like he normally has been under Poch
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 11:27am
Shock horror.  The poison one will have him sold in no time.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 1:57pm
If he wants more senior team football then he has to go out on loan. Mourhino won’t use him at his age and lack of experience in senior football.
Would be great if a championship manager took a punt on him and spurs allowed it
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 3:01pm
He's 17.
He has plenty of time, he probably shouldstay with the u23's at Spurs for the rest of the season and continue his development.

He could go on loan to a L1 side and be on the bench.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He's 17.
He has plenty of time, he probably shouldstay with the u23's at Spurs for the rest of the season and continue his development.

He could go on loan to a L1 side and be on the bench.

Yeah I know. In general, he’s fine where he is. But then people should be realistic that we won’t be seeing him in the Ireland side for play offs and euros if we get there. 
Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 1:48pm
He's not training with senior team today he's been relegated to training with younger side 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 251>
  Share Topic