You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 144145146147148 156>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 8:28am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Any time I see Troy I don't think he looks bad at all. He has good touch and control. Find it hard to put me finger on what's going wrong. One area I do think he could do better is enforcing himself on the game more in terms of doing more of the dirty work, especially in the midfield role he has been playing.
No player would have a chance of impressing in that Ipswich team. I have watched a few Ipswich games this season and the ability of their players on the ball is so very poor. So few chances get created by the midfield Parrott ends up having to drop deeper to try and force something. Anytime he does get the ball and tries to play it forward to another Ipswich player, the other player ends up losing it and it's back to square 1. 

Next move is vital for Parrott so he can develop and realised the potential we all know he has. Really hope that his proposed return to Ipswich does not take place. That would be very bad, and stunt his growth as a player. A loan link up with Cullen at Anderlecht would be a good move for Parrott. A lot of the top Belgian/Dutch teams take on younger players from Man City and Chelsea. Parrott should be looking at these options instead of lowering his standards by playing with the likes of Ipswich.
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 9:33am
From what I've seen of him so far at club level (mostly highlight clips to be fair) and in his senior Ireland appearances he very much looks like an underage player playing senior football. Some players adapt to the change to senior football very quickly - Scully has done it well in the last year, even Connolly in terms of his physicality. Collins, O'Shea and Knight as well.

Parrott doesn't look like he can physically impose himself at that level yet. To be fair to him he is younger than the other players I mentioned above so the hope is that that part of his game will come and that, when it does, it will allow him to show the skill we know he has at senior level. 

I'm not sure that heading back to League 1 next season would be the best move for him anyway. Somewhere like Scotland or the Netherlands or another less physical league might suit him better at this stage of his career. Or, as I mentioned previously, a few months of under 23 football at Spurs might not be the end of the world by any means, build his confidence back up and then maybe try another loan in January 2022. He'd still be only 19 at that point.

Edited by You Tell Me - 18 Apr 2021 at 9:34am
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 10:12am
Yeah, a stint on the continent may better suit his style. The obsession with English football needs to be knocked on the head.

If you have to drop to league one then surely a stint in the Netherlands or Belgium is a better alternative at this point. 
Landsdowne90 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landsdowne90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Yeah, a stint on the continent may better suit his style. The obsession with English football needs to be knocked on the head.

If you have to drop to league one then surely a stint in the Netherlands or Belgium is a better alternative at this point. 

Agree with this. Even a jaunt up to Scotland!

exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 11:38am
So expect Spurs to recall him from his loan and play him in their u23s if Ipswich are done with him?  No point his staying playing category 2 u23 games...basically Leinster Senior League level.

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 11:45am
Many here said that Troy would last longer at Spurs than Jose have been vindicated
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 6:13pm
I wonder if Troy will end up banned from our upcoming qualifiers. UEFA is pretty pissed off about this super league business 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 6:14pm
Parrot not in squad again. Why don't Spurs call him back?
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 7:38pm
People were saying he'd struggle at Spurs because Jose doesn't give youngsters a chance. I'm sure he'll be back in the Spurs squad with the next manager no doubt. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 7:51pm
He should be hoping ipswich keep him on loan again next season. I can't imagine another team will give him the amount of opportunities that ipswich have.

If he scores a few in their u23 they'll give him another shout 
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 8:34pm
He's wasn't playing with their u23s yesterday, also their u23s are playing at a level well below spurs u23s.  If he has not all ready gone back to spurs he should do and play out the season in their u23s.  

As said earlier in this thread, from what i saw of him he wasnt ready to go out on loan this season.  Hopefully he learns and develops from this, but hard to see this expereince as anything other than negative.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

He should be hoping ipswich keep him on loan again next season. I can't imagine another team will give him the amount of opportunities that ipswich have.

Ipswich were trashed 3 - 0 today by the worst team in the league. Troy clearly ain't the problem at that club and I hope for his sake he gives them a wide berth next year. He should be sitting down with his agent in a few weeks and look to find himself a proper club where he can develop instead of watching the ball constantly kicked over his head.
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

He's not even in the Ipswich U23s anymore. Keep up would you.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 11:33pm
Longford Town bound according to lies I made up
So you've decided to read this eh?

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 9:12am
At this stage you'd wonder whether he'll even make it to the end of the season at Ipswich or whether they'll maybe just send him back to Spurs early. 
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Hed probably even struggle there!!
“ Borderline Covid denier and anti anti-racism” - so I am told!

DROGHEDA TIL I DIE!!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Hed probably even struggle there!!

Quite possibly!

I posted my doubts about him long ago. 
So you've decided to read this eh?

ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 9:17pm
My money is he will still be a big success once someone gets his confidence back as I'm not sure he can himself.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 144145146147148 156>
  Share Topic