You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Travelling

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

I hate hostels more than any of the above nationalities - who i dislike very much

Hostels are ghastly places and breeding ground for left wing extremists :)

I wish that was true.
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by LHurlz LHurlz wrote:

Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Have hostelled on 4 continents and I have never met any nationality with even an ounce of the arrogance of Israelis. 

It really doesn't take much contemplation to figure out why they've such a massive and unashamed superiority complex.

The S. Africans have a touch of it too and it's a hangover from their Apartheid era. By the same token though, they didn't believe they were god's chosen people.

Chosen does not mean superior.  If you said that to an Israeli they'd probably take offence at what you're implying.  Not to mention nearly half of them being secular anyway

What am I implying? 

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

White Saffirs are complete coonts in general, they manage to have both a superiority complex and a chip on their soldier, they also speak like stoned Australians, which is never good.

Aussies are just ****s, nearly impossible to meet an Australian who isn't racist, annoying or trying too hard to be masculine while sounding incredibly camp. That includes the women.

I met a few great Israelis, to be fair though they had all refused to do the military service and f**ked off, in general they are arrogant f**ks, including their often very pretty females.

Actually, I have to make an exception for a great lad who was in a hostel in Mexico I stayed in. Couldn't have been friendlier and a great conversationalist. A huge Pogues fan. Had dodged time in the IDF too, now I recall.

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 5:46pm

White Saffirs are complete coonts in general, they manage to have both a superiority complex and a chip on their soldier, they also speak like stoned Australians, which is never good.

Aussies are just ****s, nearly impossible to meet an Australian who isn't racist, annoying or trying too hard to be masculine while sounding incredibly camp. That includes the women.

I met a few great Israelis, to be fair though they had all refused to do the military service and f**ked off, in general they are arrogant f**ks, including their often very pretty females.

Actually, I have to make an exception for a great lad who was in a hostel in Mexico I stayed in. Couldn't have been friendlier and a great conversationalist. A huge Pogues fan. Had dodged time in the IDF too, now I recall.

Was an Israeli living down my way at home too with his Irish girlfriend(kind of Irish, she  was from Wicklow), he shared my opinion of the Israeli state and used to give me the odd lift to college, his love of Jamaican culture and my discomfort in cars made me source alternative transportation, interesting fella though. Have met quite a few who dodged their service.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 7:35pm
Hard to put  people all in a box really but i was always interested in the ones you never saw travelling , people from Italy , Spain or Portugal were very few around for some reason not sure why . 
 As for hostels well used to stay in in Dublin after games a good few years ago and Issacs hostel always had a bed for the night , hey oldest swinger in town or what Hug
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 9:05pm
Stayed in a hostel in Limerick in my younger days and it had a few pikey birds staying there, not bad looking but thick as shoite in a sauce bottle, very obliging girls but it took 2 weeks of scrubbing me dickie rock to get rid of the smell of them
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 10:53pm
Like something an Aussie said to me once after I hit a daisycutter that rolled all the way to the green: "it's like being with an Abbo, you're up there but you're not happy".
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by Hickster74 Hickster74 wrote:

Like something an Aussie said to me once after I hit a daisycutter that rolled all the way to the green: "it's like being with an Abbo, you're up there but you're not happy".
You should have wrapped your driver around his head at that point.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 11:14pm
I gave up on hostels, can't handle people snoring.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 11:27pm
Any good riding stories from hostels?
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 11:36pm

- heard much worse in Oz itself.

I went into work the Monday after a crazy rooftop Saturday party. I said to a colleague I didnt know how no-one fell that night. He told me someone did, when I looked shocked he said " don't worry, it was only an Abbo" and laughed like the galah that he was. (And it was true, the poor girl ended up paralysed).

On a sales road trip in deep country NSW, I noticed a group of houses all boarded up. I was told that they were houses given to the Aborigines who smash the windows in the summer when too hot and burn the floorboards and stairs when too cold in the winter before asking for another. I was warned that some might jump in front of the car looking for compo and that's why they all have 'Abbo bars' on their utes. There's no talking to them...I thought the main pub in the town was great at the time though, normal bar with topless lounge girls.
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 11:53pm

Worked on building sites in Sydney for most of a year many moons ago, the foreman was an interesting character, born in England, his (English) oul lad was an Oxford professor of something or other, highly intelligent & a very dark sense of humour. Interesting character who had done a bit of travelling, even making a living doing commercial fishing in Iceland for a few years, but also the worlds laziest man as regard work. Only giving a bit of background because the following comment could (and probably will be) taken the wrong way, and it was said with humour that would be typical of the fella, but not to everyone's taste.  It's still one of the most 'Australian' things I've ever heard........

Morning smoke break- usually spent by meself & foreman taking the piss out of various Aussie fellow workers, even though a lot of the sarcasm was lost on them. 

This particular morning, for whatever reason, there was only the 2 of us sitting in a corner and yer man says to me; 'Got a letter last night from me son from me first marraige' (he was on his 3rd marraige at the time)

Me' Right. Whats the craic there then ? ' 
Him ' He says he wants to meet me, he's 18 now' 
Me ' Are ya going to meet him so ? '
Him ' If I wanted to fcukin meet him, I never would have abandoned him in the first place'

If anyone has met an Israeli blunter than that.........................

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Worked on building sites in Sydney for most of a year many moons ago, the foreman was an interesting character, born in England, his (English) oul lad was an Oxford professor of something or other, highly intelligent & a very dark sense of humour. Interesting character who had done a bit of travelling, even making a living doing commercial fishing in Iceland for a few years, but also the worlds laziest man as regard work. Only giving a bit of background because the following comment could (and probably will be) taken the wrong way, and it was said with humour that would be typical of the fella, but not to everyone's taste.  It's still one of the most 'Australian' things I've ever heard........

Morning smoke break- usually spent by meself & foreman taking the piss out of various Aussie fellow workers, even though a lot of the sarcasm was lost on them. 

This particular morning, for whatever reason, there was only the 2 of us sitting in a corner and yer man says to me; 'Got a letter last night from me son from me first marraige' (he was on his 3rd marraige at the time)

Him ' If I wanted to fcukin meet him, I never would have abandoned him in the first place'

That one made me laughLOL I don't think I will ever be setting foot in Australia myself though, I'm not the best around racism.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 12:02am

That one made me laughLOL I don't think I will ever be setting foot in Australia myself though, I'm not the best around racism.
How d fck have you survived in Cork so LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 12:06am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

How d fck have you survived in Cork so LOL
Never came across that much of it there to be honest, certainly much more over here. I find most people racist though, which is why I avoid most of them!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 12:08am
Not most but quite a lot, I should clarify. Most people are arseholes though!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 12:22am

Not most but quite a lot, I should clarify. Most people are arseholes though!
I must concur, but i do like people with a good sense of humour
LHurlz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 3:44am

Originally posted by LHurlz LHurlz wrote:

Have hostelled on 4 continents and I have never met any nationality with even an ounce of the arrogance of Israelis. 

It really doesn't take much contemplation to figure out why they've such a massive and unashamed superiority complex.

The S. Africans have a touch of it too and it's a hangover from their Apartheid era. By the same token though, they didn't believe they were god's chosen people.

Chosen does not mean superior.  If you said that to an Israeli they'd probably take offence at what you're implying.  Not to mention nearly half of them being secular anyway

What am I implying? 

Implying that Jews/Israelis believe they are chosen/superior to everyone else.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic