Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 158159160161162 238>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 10:49am
Originally posted by kingofkings kingofkings wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

11 goals in 12 games for Eriksen. Some record. One of the big teams to come in for him in January?

Haha 

This fella comes on here every few months and quotes the same crap from the sun
This is from November last year.

LOL

That was a question....didn't happen. Wouldn't be surprised if it happens in the summer though

When's Alderweireld's medical at Old Trafford?

Not until the summer, transfer window is closed and there's a season going on.

Source?
Sponsored Links

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Can't say I agree with you about that Frank. Think he's a hugely intelligent player on the pitch myself.
No worries, we'll see what he's made of in the World Cup.

Ah here now. Would you not try and base him on his regular performances like being top scorer in the PL 3 years in a row if he manages it this season. Or being one of the top scorers in the CL this season. Also the fact that his all round game is actually excellent. Instead you're hoping to judge him on what a bi-polar England team do in the summer. Really strange way of looking at it.
Short answer is no.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:13am
So if Kane doesn't win England the World Cup then he's not made of the right stuff?

The Champions League is the best competition in the world quality wise, and a better place to judge a player

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:23am
I knew Kane was gonna be great when I saw him score his first goal for Spurs against Rovers in Tallaght.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:23am

So if Kane doesn't win England the World Cup then he's not made of the right stuff?

The Champions League is the best competition in the world quality wise, and a better place to judge a player

No, I thought he was poor at Euro 2016, I want to see how he does in the World Cup. I'm not doubting he's a good player. He's got an excellent record in the EPL. I'm talking about judging him as an elite tier player which I don't think he is. 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:24am

The Last 16 onwards is.

The groups stages are piss.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:31am

No, I thought he was poor at Euro 2016, I want to see how he does in the World Cup. I'm not doubting he's a good player. He's got an excellent record in the EPL. I'm talking about judging him as an elite tier player which I don't think he is. 

Everyone was sh*te at Euros though. From leaving over 40 goals worth of strikers on the bench or not even picked for the squad to forcing Kane take the corners, they all couldnt be arsed to play for Roy.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:34am

When Eric Dier is claimed to have been their best player at that tournament, you know there's something wrong. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:34am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

forcing Kane take the corners,
Funniest thing I've seen on a pitch, typical England.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Even funnier than Jones taking corners?
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Even funnier than Jones taking corners?

Far worse than Jones taking a corner. Imagine looking at your starting 11 and thinking this guy could be deadly for us scoring headers from set plays. Easily the best on the pitch. Now let's put him out there taking the corners LOL

To judge Kane solely on England performances is mad. They were a mockery of a side at the last Euros. Remember Rooney running the midfield for them? LOL Talk about an absolutely mental setup

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 12:04pm
England had 63 goals between only 3 strikers when the Euro's came round - 

1 was forced to take the corners
1 was sporadically used
1 didn't even get in the squad for the tournament.

That's how bad England and Roy were then.

Edited by coyne - 15 Feb 2018 at 12:05pm
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 12:35pm

Can't say I agree with you about that Frank. Think he's a hugely intelligent player on the pitch myself.

Ah here now. Would you not try and base him on his regular performances like being top scorer in the PL 3 years in a row if he manages it this season. Or being one of the top scorers in the CL this season. Also the fact that his all round game is actually excellent. Instead you're hoping to judge him on what a bi-polar England team do in the summer. Really strange way of looking at it.
Short answer is no.

He's not a natural finisher and doesn't have a lot of pace.
I'd say the main reason he scores so many goals is because he is an intelligent footballer.
He gets into the right positions and does a lot of things well.

Is he good enough for a Barcelona / Real Madrid etc? 
I have my doubts if he fits the bill at those clubs. They have the pick of the world to choose from.

Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Short answer is no.

He's not a natural finisher and doesn't have a lot of pace.
I'd say the main reason he scores so many goals is because he is an intelligent footballer.
He gets into the right positions and does a lot of things well.

Is he good enough for a Barcelona / Real Madrid etc? 
I have my doubts if he fits the bill at those clubs. They have the pick of the world to choose from.

Not a natural finisher but a very good one.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 3:56pm

Everyone was sh*te at Euros though. From leaving over 40 goals worth of strikers on the bench or not even picked for the squad to forcing Kane take the corners, they all couldnt be arsed to play for Roy.
Yep, the insanity of Harry Kane taking corners, while Eric Dier took free kicks at goal.

No, wait:

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 4:11pm

To judge Kane solely on England performances is mad.
Agree.

But even then, HK has 12 England goals in his first 23 caps, whereas eg Alan Shearer only scored 5 in his first 23 caps, by which time he was also a year older than Kane.

P.S. Jermain Defoe only scored three times in his first 23 caps, whereas Peter Crouch notched 13! "Lies. damned lies and statistics", eh? LOL

Edited by Territorial - 15 Feb 2018 at 4:15pm
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Yep, the insanity of Harry Kane taking corners, while Eric Dier took free kicks at goal.

No, wait:

Jayziz that's some hash from the keeper. So many seem incapable of saying "if he scores over the wall, fair play". Even the great Buffon was at it Tuesday.
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 4:15pm
Much better watch

Edited by Reildogg - 15 Feb 2018 at 4:15pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 158159160161162 238>
  Share Topic