Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=44953
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2024 at 12:16am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Tottenham Hotspur Thread
Posted By: El_nino
Subject: Tottenham Hotspur Thread
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 7:46pm
Haven't seen a thread on Spurs here to date.

Good signing in Paulinho, hopefully turns out to be a good bit of business. I'm sure Sandro will help him settle in and if they click I can see them forming a great partnership. Hopefully he won't turn out to be another Palacios or Hossam Ghaly.

Still need a couple of top strikers IMO, a centre half and it is vital Bale is held onto. Levy won't give up easy though as he proved with Modric last summer.

Anyway good start to the summer window from AVB

Replies:
Posted By: MJD
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 9:21am
Not that I want to do you lads any favours, but as you're a sound lad I'll give you a hand kickstarting this thread.

Paulinho's official press conference:

-------------
17 International Caps
16 International Goals
COYFIG

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 9:55am

Posted By: deiseblue
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 10:28am
Speculation is rife that Spurs have signed two 17 year olds from Dinamo Zagreb for a combined fee that could rise to 17 million Stg.

Tin Jedvaj , a centre half & Alen Halilovic an attacking midfielder , the latter has played Champions league football & is already a full international - one or both of whom could be loaned back to Dinamo for the upcoming season.

Posted By: Barna Bee
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

why don't you grow up and get over your hatred for all things Spurs ...it's getting tedious now and to me sounds unfounded ....jaysus i never saw a guy get along so badly with his brothe in law in my life

-------------
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 11:09am
Really getting sick of Jonathon Barmnet now ...talk about whoring Bale around the papers ....I hate these leach agents ....Bale is better off at Spurs for at least anpother year ....he's only 23 and has loads of time ....he is stil improving at Spurs  Leave him there you selfish pr1ck Barnett

Bale sack this cvnt fastt

-------------

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 11:12am
bale better off at a top club

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: jinky
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Barna Bee Barna Bee wrote:

why don't you grow up and get over your hatred for all things Spurs ...it's getting tedious now and to me sounds unfounded ....jaysus i never saw a guy get along so badly with his brothe in law in my life
in fairness it is spurs

-------------
tir gan teanga ,tir gan anam

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 11:23am
Spurs Now asociated with

Damiao
Benteke
Negrado
Soldado
Villa
Bernard
Belhanda
to 2 young Croats

and more ...

As a Spurs Fan who do you want to see at The Lane

Benteke for me with Soldado would be tasty !

but iam worried about LB ...we need a replacement /competition for Benny

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 12:09pm
Soldado is a class act but perhaps Villa's signature is more achievable.

Danny Rose as a left full might be recalled from Sunderland although Spurs seem pretty keen to sell him.

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 12:31pm

BB I am sorry you seem to be having a bad day.....hope it improves.

I admire and respect your passion for your Club , but will respond on one or two inaccuracies in your statement.

I am (sadly) too grown up and do not "hate" Spurs (or any person).....it is just banter that was started over 30 years ago.

As for "never saw a guy get along so badly with his brother in law in my life" ........I wasn't aware you knew us both.

I met him shortly after I met my girlfriend in 1979 (who became Mrs.Hornet) and he was a passionate Spurs fan (like your goodself). Six months later I was visiting him daily in a London hospital as he was dying from lung cancer. Somehow his intensive treatment/ God's intervention stunned his medical team and he recovered to lead a healthy life (even fathering another child despite being told he was sterile after the gruelling chemo treatment). He sadly passed away 12 years ago from a heart attack brought on by an enlarged heart as a result of his earlier treatment. We had enjoyed many great family holidays together and I even allowed him to wear his Spurs rosette at my wedding. I carried his coffin at his funeral wearing my Watford rosette.His children (and grandchildren) are Spurs/Watford fans and they regularly attend Watford games with my family.

Sorry to bore you , but although Football is important........it's not THAT important.

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 12:34pm

BB I am sorry you seem to be having a bad day.....hope it improves.

I admire and respect your passion for your Club , but will respond on one or two inaccuracies in your statement.

I am (sadly) too grown up and do not "hate" Spurs (or any person).....it is just banter that was started over 30 years ago.

As for "never saw a guy get along so badly with his brother in law in my life" ........I wasn't aware you knew us both.

I met him shortly after I met my girlfriend in 1979 (who became Mrs.Hornet) and he was a passionate Spurs fan (like your goodself). Six months later I was visiting him daily in a London hospital as he was dying from lung cancer. Somehow his intensive treatment/ God's intervention stunned his medical team and he recovered to lead a healthy life (even fathering another child despite being told he was sterile after the gruelling chemo treatment). He sadly passed away 12 years ago from a heart attack brought on by an enlarged heart as a result of his earlier treatment. We had enjoyed many great family holidays together and I even allowed him to wear his Spurs rosette at my wedding. I carried his coffin at his funeral wearing my Watford rosette.His children (and grandchildren) are Spurs/Watford fans and they regularly attend Watford games with my family.

Sorry to bore you , but although Football is important........it's not THAT important.

Clap

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 12:44pm
I didn't mean to offend you Hornet ...sorry if I did,  my reply was just a tongue in cheek response to yours. Maybe I should have used Big smile Your reply was not necessary but a great story nonetheless . It's always insightful to get a view into other lives and i appreciate it but never meant to offend. As you said football is not that important.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 12:55pm

I didn't mean to offend you Hornet ...sorry if I did,  my reply was just a tongue and cheek response to yours. Maybe I should have used Big smile Your reply was not necessary but a great story nonetheless . It's always insightful to get a view into other lives and i appreciate it but never meant to offend. As you said football is not that important.

HugHug

If it helps , I really dislike Arsenal too........no long story to associate with this Thumbs Up

Posted By: Vivakenbarlow
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 12:56pm

I didn't mean to offend you Hornet ...sorry if I did,  my reply was just a tongue and cheek response to yours. Maybe I should have used Big smile Your reply was not necessary but a great story nonetheless . It's always insightful to get a view into other lives and i appreciate it but never meant to offend. As you said football is not that important.

Embarrassed LOL

-------------
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

I didn't mean to offend you Hornet ...sorry if I did,  my reply was just a tongue in cheek response to yours. Maybe I should have used Big smile Your reply was not necessary but a great story nonetheless . It's always insightful to get a view into other lives and i appreciate it but never meant to offend. As you said football is not that important.

Embarrassed LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 1:19pm

HugHug

If it helps , I really dislike Arsenal too........no long story to associate with this Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by MJD MJD wrote:

Not that I want to do you lads any favours, but as you're a sound lad I'll give you a hand kickstarting this thread.

Paulinho's official press conference:

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 7:27am
Marca reporting that Real Madrid have accepted that Gareth Bale will not be joining them this summer .

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 8:24am
Hopefully it's true. Read somewhere yesterday that Madrid made an enquiry last week but it was dismissed and they Madrid were not going to follow up the interest any further.

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 8:26am
apparently they find dealing with Daniel Levy too taxing

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 8:43am
for all you well wishers .....

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2013/07/real-madrid-end-pursuit-of-tottenham-star-gareth-bale/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+offthepost%2FTLAa+%28Off+The+Post%29

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 9:42am
Just delays it for a year

What player in their right mind wouldnt pick real over spurs

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 9:51am
I think Levy is one of the best Chairman out there.   Always drives a tough bargain and was right to get rid of Redknapp too.  Not perfect by any means but he does a great job for Spurs in my view. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I think Levy is one of the best Chairman out there.   Always drives a tough bargain and was right to get rid of Redknapp too.  Not perfect by any means but he does a great job for Spurs in my view. 

good selection of AVB as well it must be said

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 10:08am

or man United for that matter...you walked into that one

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 11:14am

or man United for that matter...you walked into that one

Real & Barca seem be the teams that have little difficulties in attracting players from other teams including United , Liverpool & Arsenal , the attractions are myriad - huge salaries , vibrant cities , practically guaranteed titles & Champions League football every season.

Hopefully Gareth Bale will remain for at least one more season as he appears to be a reasonably grounded individual , AVB seems to be the right man for the job & hopefully Spurs will make further progress under his stewardship - perhaps Gareth shares that view !

Let's not forget that Gareth also turned down a move to United when he was a 17 year old player with Southampton !

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 11:18am
I just dont get why hed be better off at spurs for another season?

He will walk into a real team that have a chance of winning the champions league and their domestic league- its a short career like

What did staying @ spurs an extra year do for modric?

I wonder does carrick wish he stayed another season @ spurs? LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 11:20am

He will walk into a real team that have a chance of winning the champions league and their domestic league- its a short career like

can only agree with this , its great for spurs fans if he stays but not for the player.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 11:23am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

can only agree with this , its great for spurs fans if he stays but not for the player.

If he was 18/19 id say ye stay there but sure hes 23 like

A lot can happen in a year in football- it might be unlikely but who knows some wonderkid could come along and real might have a chance to get him for 40/50 million- they arent gonna shell out that or more for bale in the same summer

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 11:32am

wouldn't the football world be a very boring place if all your intentions for it came true ...send all the top quality to the best/richest clubs and to hell with the rest?

Modric was the one who wanted to leave and fought hard to do so , he whined and went on strike and complained and moaned to get what he wanted and then ended up on the bench . Fvck him the littel rat faced twerp!

Bale does not appear to be like that at all, new family, only 23 and has earned and won all the plaudits this year as a player. It seems like he is still improvong and in the right environment right now to get even better on his football education. Why chnage this environment?
Would it not be a better feeling for a person to earn the right to play in the CL rather than move club to do so? Is it not a bit of a hollow victory ...say if Bale went to a CL club after having failed to earn that right with Spurs?

he will get to play CL one way or another next year . I 'd like to think that Spurs will earn it ( Not buy it) and Bale might even stay another year. If not he will be off and he will go with all our fans best wishes. This is an exciting time to be at Spurs , with AVB , new signings and the new stadium on it's way. Maybe he has a bit of loyalty? God forbid that there are any players left with that.

You mention Carrick , great player , we got big money for him ...probably more than he is worth , we were indeed a selling club . The dynamic has changed since then ....the sale of berba and Robbie with him is the watershed mark for that and we learned a big lesson there.
Hopefully we will not bow like that again

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 11:42am

wouldn't the football world be a very boring place if all your intentions for it came true ...send all the top quality to the best/richest clubs and to hell with the rest?

Modric was the one who wanted to leave and fought hard to do so , he whined and went on strike and complained and moaned to get what he wanted and then ended up on the bench . Fvck him the littel rat faced twerp!

Bale does not appear to be like that at all, new family, only 23 and has earned and won all the plaudits this year as a player. It seems like he is still improvong and in the right environment right now to get even better on his football education. Why chnage this environment?
Would it not be a better feeling for a person to earn the right to play in the CL rather than move club to do so? Is it not a bit of a hollow victory ...say if Bale went to a CL club after having failed to earn that right with Spurs?

he will get to play CL one way or another next year . I 'd like to think that Spurs will earn it ( Not buy it) and Bale might even stay another year. If not he will be off and he will go with all our fans best wishes. This is an exciting time to be at Spurs , with AVB , new signings and the new stadium on it's way. Maybe he has a bit of loyalty? God forbid that there are any players left with that.

You mention Carrick , great player , we got big money for him ...probably more than he is worth , we were indeed a selling club . The dynamic has changed since then ....the sale of berba and Robbie with him is the watershed mark for that and we learned a big lesson there.
Hopefully we will not bow like that again

14m for carrick that rose to 18 with trophies won- 5 league titles/ champions league/ world club cup /league cup- carrick played 320 games in that time/ only ever present in central midfield he was a bargain imo

Youre saying if he went to real and won the champions league and la liga it would be a hollow victory? Bizarre statement

Sure a southampton fan could say pretty much most of what youve just said about him

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 11:58am
I don't think any Spurs fan can relax until the season starts & we see Gareth lining up in a Spurs jersey , on the bright side Gareth hasn't to date agitated for a move although his agent seems to be quite active in this regard - only to be expected unfortunately from a breed whose raison d'être is to line their own pockets.

Real seemed to have pulled out of the race pro tem & a Moyes led United may not initially be a good bet , although football
is thankfully a game that cannot be predicted it appears to be a reasonable bet that Spanish & German teams may dominate the Champions league over the next few years & of such teams only real & Barca can afford Gareth ( perhaps his transfer value falls outside even Bayern's scope ? ).

The reality for Spurs fans is of course that the views of other teams fans as to whether or not he should move is of little or no consequence as long as we see him in a Spurs jersey next season as he can only be a vital cog if we hope to push on .

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 1:39pm
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/07/04/4093884/-

Ok ., he can be rubbish , infuriating, outlandish when not in form ...more often then not this past year BUT he can be sublime (goal against Chelski ) and general all round good play for the last few games of the season. (3)

Not sure if we need to keep him until we are sure we have new players in ....as he just might click again ?? wishful thinking I know but it would be worth a punt holding onto the lanky bollix if weren't on such high wages .

-------------

Posted By: packiesglove
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 4:56pm

agree totally, drives a hard bargain, usually sticks to his word (e.g. modric staying the season before last), and usually gets good value for his players. 

-------------
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 8:25pm

Completely agree. Deserves alot of credit for the progression of the club in the last few years. He is a very shrewd operator in the transfer market and in particular handled the Modric and Berbatov situations in the last few year perfectly IMO.

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 8:07am
Fenerbache have made an enquiry about Adebayor according to this mornings papers.  Please Please Please Please let this be true.

Posted By: ShannonHibs10
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 8:18am
Besiktas made a bid apparently.

Besiktas have made a bid for Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor, according to the Turkish club's director Ahmet Piper.

The Togo international struggled for form in the Premier League last season, bagging just five goals in 25 appearances following his £5million move from Manchester City.

Adebayor initially shone at White Hart Lane during a loan stint from City, only for the scoring exploits which earned him a permanent deal with Spurs to evaporate.

He could now be offered a route to pastures new, with Piper claiming that they have tabled an offer to Tottenham for the former Arsenal man.

Piper told Turkish news outlet Fanatik: "It is certainly true that we are looking at the idea of a transfer. We have made a serious bid for Adebayor.

"That, in turn, has given us a figure for the player, which is slightly above the amount that we imagined.

"However, making a signing as big as this immediately is nothing but a dream.

"Negotiations always take a long time. I hope that we will get a chance to have a meeting soon."

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 7:21pm
adebayor - shone at arsenal for a while after joining, then hands on hips time
                - shone at city when first signing then hands on hips time
                 - shone at spurs on loan
                 - shone at spurs when the ink was wet on transfer
                 - 6 months later he doing the achy breaky heart dance

waste of space

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 7:56am
Stepping up the chase for David Villa this week according to some sources.  

If Villa was signed i still think another Striker is needed.  Who though??  Benteke, Michu, Saldado??

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 8:39am
Don't want Villa , he wants too much money , he's 31 and ha not performed for Barca for a long time plus he is an injury worry.

Soldado and Benteke yes please

-------------

Posted By: liam_in_germany
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 12:45am
Villa gone to atletico

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2013 at 1:54pm
Apparently the deal to sign the 2 young Croations has fallen through due to family terms being OTT.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/no-deal-spurs-move-for-halilovic-jedvaj-cancelled-allegedly-due-to-family-demands/

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2013 at 8:33pm
Still no movement on any new strikers yet. Bit worrying.

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 6:30pm
Signed Nacer Chadli today from Twente for 7 million , winger who has come in under the radar , looks quick and can play on both wings so an alternative/ competition for Lennon... Might just be the one to shine this season !

-------------

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 7:20pm

Signed Nacer Chadli today from Twente for 7 million , winger who has come in under the radar , looks quick and can play on both wings so an alternative/ competition for Lennon... Might just be the one to shine this season !

What a stupid thing to say. As if you knew a single thing about him before he signed LOL now you're tipping him to "shine" next season Clown

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 8:10pm
Dunno how spurs can keep signing midfielders, wonder who they are gonna go for up top cos Adebayor and Defoe is not enough to compete for top 4.

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 8:29pm
Hey Blobby Bhob go any play with your Celtic mates and spank yourself senseless over the fvckin SPL or whatever it's called !

A quick Google and a few views on uTube gives me enough material to allow me suggest that the player might do well . He appears to have what is required ... One can but hope and surmise. .... Oh and Fook off with yourself !

-------------

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 9:01pm

Hey Blobby Bhob go any play with your Celtic mates and spank yourself senseless over the fvckin SPL or whatever it's called !

A quick Google and a few views on uTube gives me enough material to allow me suggest that the player might do well . He appears to have what is required ... One can but hope and surmise. .... Oh and Fook off with yourself !

Eh?! I don't think he's a Celtic fan for starters.As for the rest of the post   

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 9:21pm
Barna 1 Bhob 0...

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 10:08pm

LOL Talk about losing the head over someone calling you out on you talking absolute pony yet again.... Yesterday i guarantee you hadn't a clue who this chap was and now today all of a sudden after a few youtube clips he's going to set the world alight ClapThumbs Up

And people say United fans overreact when they sign relatively unknown players 

As for the Celtic and SPL comments, you clearly don't have a clue. Keep up the good work Barna bee. Your insightful posts bring me and im sure a few others on here a great laugh Clap

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 10:34pm
Yes make sure you feel reassured about your comments and bring in " a few others " with you . You complete lack and COWARD ... Clear off, who are u to be taking me to task ??? I make a comment based on what I have seen ... Never said I knew the player ( although admittedly looked him up a weeks or so ago when I saw we were in for him) So what?? What are u trying to prove ? Who cares ... At 7 million he might be the one to shine ... As a supporter it's a hope that he does .... What is wrong with that ! Fight your own argument and stop trying to rally the troops you chicken ... It's pretty clear you have nothing to say for yourself anyway ... I don't know who your team is ... The hurlers on the ditch ! But my assumption considering you call yourself Bhoy that you are Celtic is fair enough ... To be honest I actually care what u do or who u support but I won't be taken to task by a snipe and that's all you are a snipe looking for applause by your mates on the board .

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 10:36pm
Is it not bhob rather than bhoy just saying

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 10:38pm
LOL What a lunatic 

Think your comments have summed you up on here. Can't be taken seriously at all

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 10:41pm
Do you put into everything you type ... Do you laugh at all of your own jokes ? Figures . Don't think I'm going to take flak off a lowbrow and not react .

-------------

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 10:41pm
In fairness to Chadli, he is easily one of the best wingers in the Dutch league and is a regular in a very good Belgian side. At 23, he is a very good signing for the money Spurs paid for him! Whether or not he will set the EPL alight, who knows? We'll have too wait and see.

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 10:44pm

Do you put into everything you type ... Do you laugh at all of your own jokes ? Figures . Don't think I'm going to take flak off a lowbrow and not react .

No i LOL at everything you post because you act so high and mighty when you get called up on something and then overreact with your responses. Also i get enjoyment from the assumptions you make about me and the fact you can't read my name which is four letters 

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 10:49pm
And made no assumptions about me ? I didn't say anything definitive about this player... I surmised and u are putting words on my mouth and accusing me of stuff that is not true ... How annoying is that? Of course I will be p1ssed off about it ... I never said I knew the player and I never said he was going to set the world alight ... I said he might and I said he looks like he has what it takes but so did Adebayor !!!

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 10:52pm

And made no assumptions about me ? I didn't say anything definitive about this player... I surmised and u are putting words on my mouth and accusing me of stuff that is not true ... How annoying is that? Of course I will be p1ssed off about it ... I never said I knew the player and I never said he was going to set the world alight ... I said he might and I said he looks like he has what it takes but so did Adebayor !!!

You clearly don't get it lad so i'll leave you to it. Enjoy the rest of your sunday, i'm off down the beach

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 7:36am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

What a stupid thing to say. As if you knew a single thing about him before he signed LOL now you're tipping him to "shine" next season Clown

Chadli has played for one of the top Dutch sides of recent years & is a regular on an the extremely talented Belgian national side & I'm quite sure that Vertonghen & Dembele have been consulted by AVB on the players talent - so is Barna Bee's assertion that Chadli " might " ( note the word - might ) shine this season be a reasonable assertion - I think the answer must be Yes.

I think your " stupid " response was rather provocative & badly thought through given the above facts.

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 7:51am
Chadli expected to land in Hong Kong with the rest of the Spurs squad today and join training tomorrow

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 10:12am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

You clearly don't get it lad so i'll leave you to it. Enjoy the rest of your sunday, i'm off down the beach

Barna I would not take that from  Bhob coming across as if he is relaxed and chilled and about to sun himself while you are clearly pissed off.  Sounds patronising to me.  I would not let him away with that if I were you.  Especially from a Celtic fan Wink

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 10:12am
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

Chadli expected to land in Hong Kong with the rest of the Spurs squad today and join training tomorrow

Only a matter of time before he is nominated for world player of the year.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 10:54am
Point taken along with chill pillEmbarrassed

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 1:54pm
Roberto Soldado ...like him but i don't think we are going to get him .....at 28 Levy is not going to spend the reported 25 million they are looking for so i see Liverpool getting him failing a miracle . Pity as he has a great record and would be a great addition.

Looks like all the talent will be accounted for again in this window before Spurs finally decide they need to spend big to get the player they need. ....thats the symptom of not qualifying for CL ....unless you can splash mega bucks you're stuck with tier 2 strikers.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 7:21pm
I have a feeling AVB may be planning on playing Bale as a striker next season. It would explain why he has signed another winger as opposed to a striker and why he does not seem in any major panic to buy a striker.

I could be way off the mark but it's just the feeling I get.

Posted By: KevinM
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 7:27pm

I have a feeling AVB may be planning on playing Bale as a striker next season. It would explain why he has signed another winger as opposed to a striker and why he does not seem in any major panic to buy a striker.

Can see this happening as well, but still think he needs to buy in another striker

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by KevinM KevinM wrote:

Can see this happening as well, but still think he needs to buy in another striker

100% another striker is required but I can't see that happening until they get rid of Adebayor. Levy will want him off the wage bill before he will do any further business in that department i think. The speculation of him heading off to Turkey seems to have gone away

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 7:47pm
Some funny posts on last 2 pages, people are very touchy these days

-------------

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 7:50pm

100% another striker is required but I can't see that happening until they get rid of Adebayor. Levy will want him off the wage bill before he will do any further business in that department i think. The speculation of him heading off to Turkey seems to have gone away

City are supplementing his wages at Spurs.

He's a very good striker on his day - no reason why they should get rid of him.

If they do choose to offload him that could prove difficult.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

City are supplementing his wages at Spurs.

He's a very good striker on his day - no reason why they should get rid of him.

If they do choose to offload him that could prove difficult.

On his day he can be good yes but his good days are very few and far between now particularly last season. He scored 5 goals in all competitions last season which is simply not good enough for a team competing for a CL place. On top of that his work rate is pathetic. If he loses the ball he stands up with his hands on his hips and the majority of the time he looks disinterested. The reliance on Bale to score goals in the second half of last season was crazy.

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 10:09pm
Valencia president says on Marca radio that they value Soldado at €30 and that Spurs have made an offer not far off that figure.

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2013 at 9:45am
Latest round up see Spurs getting close to signing Soldado , really hope this one comes true ....also meantion of Lisandro Lopez from Lyon and James mcCarthy. I would like the McCarthy one to come off if we can use a few players in a swap deal. We are very heavy with midfielders right now so there is a list of 3/4 that could go
Livermore, Parker, Thud, anyway

We might also look to move on one of Siggy Dempsey Adebayor and or Defoe

Interestingly if we could keep them all we could have enough to mount another challenge in the Europa league while maintaing a consistant chaleenge in the league...but that's alot of wages

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 12:04pm
Spurs winning 1 nil in Hong Kong , appalling conditions - rain caused 30 minute delay , game reduced to 40 minutes per half.

Edit 1 all.

Oh & Adebayor is trying !

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 12:16pm
City v North China on afterwards

lets hope there are no bad injuries in what sounds like torrential conditions

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

lets hope there are bad injuries in what sounds like torrential conditions

fixed Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 12:36pm
Oh FFS - Vertonghen down with a serious looking injury .

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

lets hope there are bad injuries in what sounds like torrential conditions

fixed Thumbs Up

Correction - its actually South China

i always get those two teams mixed up

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 10:09pm
Verthongen should be back for the opener away to Palace. That pitch was a fcuking disgrace today. Lucky neither side picked up any serious injuries.

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 8:11am
Bale has signed a new deal from what i am hearing this morning Clap

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 8:12am

Which club did he end up at ?

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 8:26am

Which club did he end up at ?

Despite the interest from Barry Town FC he has decided to stay at Spurs. Well at least that's what I have heard.

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 8:31am

will add a few extra €€€€ to his price tag

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 10:00am

"Keep your word and negotiate with RealMadrid".

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 1:51pm
Hah. Like Gareth Bale either 1) speaks a word of Spanish or 2) believes a word of what is written in Marca.

I wouldn't even trust the results in Marca, cf: Pepe's goal v Sociedad on the 18th September 2010 awarded by them to Ronaldo.

-------------

Posted By: Billy O'Toole
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 11:16am
That lad that just got OG for South China is part Irish -Sean Tse ....called up years ago underage

Wouldn't mind playin in Hong Kong myself

-------------
Ybig holy jaysus - 4 points for Gerk & Count

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 12:53pm
Good run out. Easy 6-0 win in the end. Pitch was a disgrace. Good to see Townsend play a part and get himself on the scoresheet.

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2013 at 1:08am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Hah. Like Gareth Bale either 1) speaks a word of Spanish or 2) believes a word of what is written in Marca.

I wouldn't even trust the results in Marca, cf: Pepe's goal v Sociedad on the 18th September 2010 awarded by them to Ronaldo.

€100m bid from Real turned down by Spurs as reported by the Guardian. Levy has lost the plot...and more importantly Bale is ripping!

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2013 at 2:52am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

€100m bid from Real turned down by Spurs as reported by the Guardian. Levy has lost the plot...and more importantly Bale is ripping!

Cobblers

-------------

Posted By: deco911
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 1:40pm
bad news for ye spuds fans bale has been spotted outside madrid see pic below

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 9:54am

Anybody else think we should take the quoted £85M for Bale - if we can get Modric as part of the deal, get Soldado and one other striker I think we would be a better team for it.

Bale is definitely at his peak value right now - I rate him highly but not in the same league as Messi, Ronaldo

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 9:57am
levy is playing poker , fair play to him

-------------

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 10:17am
I'm more concerned for Barna Bee's welfare.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: ShannonHibs10
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 10:32am
Originally posted by ZinedineKibane ZinedineKibane wrote:

Anybody else think we should take the quoted £85M for Bale - if we can get Modric as part of the deal, get Soldado and one other striker I think we would be a better team for it.

Bale is definitely at his peak value right now - I rate him highly but not in the same league as Messi, Ronaldo

First of all, there is no way Modric would go back to Spurs. He would not take a step backwards in terms of his career. He was very good for Madrid towards the end of last season and you would assume he will look to improve on that and cement a regular first team place for Madrid this season.

Secondly, Spurs should not sell Bale to Madrid this season. Spurs look to be on the verge on signing Soldado. They already have 2 new signings in and are close to signing a promising young Romanian defender too in Vlad Chiriches.

If Spurs want to get Champions league football they need to hold on to Bale for this season. They were very close last season with Bale so to sell him would be a massive step in the wrong direction. With the new players and probably Soldado they will be in a much better position to get Champions league football.

Sell him next year with Champions league football got. They will be a more attractive option to potential new players of a higher calibre playing Champions league football than if they were in the Europa League.

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 10:34am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I'm more concerned for Barna Bee's welfare.

He'll have a feckin heart attack

-------------

Posted By: skippy87
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 10:51pm

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 11:36pm
On the costa , staying hammered , probably better for my health , give me coffee when's its all over

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 12:28pm
Good to see the Saldado deal is finally done and dusted (well subject of him passing a medical).

Deal is apparently very close also for a Romanian CB from Steua Bucharest.

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 2:08pm
Spurs have a long term replacement for Bale lined up anyway 

Irish U19 International Kenneth McEvoy 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 2:11pm
I support Palace and was looking into getting tickets for the match. £45 a ticket and you have to buy a second one too. So £90 to see Palace, it's fecking Palace like.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net