Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 110111112113114 238>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 5:23pm
buck that....

unnecessary freekick to give away (plus yellow)
and bad GK by Lloris - should have trusted his wall and stayed to his left, he moved right.

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 22 Apr 2017 at 5:23pm

Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Mr.Mojo Risin' Mr.Mojo Risin' wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I can't see Chelsea playing as bad as they did against Man U, if they did that to a team like Spurs they would be battered.

I think Spurs will want it more and will just shade it.

Delighted they did away with semi-final replays so should be a good open game.

You've been quite happy for the last 17 years so.

Its been a non-stop Mardi gras

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 9:02pm
Spurs have had a bad season, unless coming second in the league is deemed a success and failing in every other competition is considered acceptable. I've a feeling they'll be trying to fend off some big offers this summer for their top players. If they manage to keep them all, then they really need to win something next year or I can see the likes of Alli, Kane, Alderweireld all moving elsewhere.
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 10:54am

Originally posted by Mr.Mojo Risin' Mr.Mojo Risin' wrote:

I can't see Chelsea playing as bad as they did against Man U, if they did that to a team like Spurs they would be battered.

I think Spurs will want it more and will just shade it.

Delighted they did away with semi-final replays so should be a good open game.

You've been quite happy for the last 17 years so.

Its been a non-stop Mardi gras

Smart and Smarter
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 11:50am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Spurs have had a bad season, unless coming second in the league is deemed a success and failing in every other competition is considered acceptable. I've a feeling they'll be trying to fend off some big offers this summer for their top players. If they manage to keep them all, then they really need to win something next year or I can see the likes of Alli, Kane, Alderweireld all moving elsewhere.

A bad season eh?
They have the 6th highest wage bill and look like they will finish 2nd in the league.
Teams like Man U and Arsenal would lick your brown eye to be in Spurs position.

I agree holding onto the top players will be a problem.
It is for every club outside of the super rich clubs.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 9:30am
Tottenham have until April 30th to confirm if they intend to play their home games at Wembley next season.

They will have to play one season away from home and it will be either 17/18 or 18/19. 
Judging by the recent results at Wembley I think they should delay that decision to the 18/19 season.

Be interesting to see if they do go ahead for next season.

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 9:38am

Tottenham have until April 30th to confirm if they intend to play their home games at Wembley next season.

They will have to play one season away from home and it will be either 17/18 or 18/19. 
Judging by the recent results at Wembley I think they should delay that decision to the 18/19 season.

Should get it over and done with.What difference will pushing it back make ?

No reason they cant get results at Wembley even if the grass doesnt suit them LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 9:53am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Should get it over and done with.What difference will pushing it back make ?

No reason they cant get results at Wembley even if the grass doesnt suit them LOL

At the moment spurs are boxing above their weight. They are finishing ahead of teams like Man U and City which shouldnt happen. While they have it good they should try and hold onto it as long as possible.

If they stay at WHL next season they have a great chance of top 4 again. If they move to Wembley I really don't see that happening.

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 11:16am
They should stay in white hart lane next season.
They'd be an outside bet for relegation at Wembley
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 9:24pm

A bad season eh?
They have the 6th highest wage bill and look like they will finish 2nd in the league.

What have Arsenal or United got to do with me saying Spurs have had a bad season?

So because they have the 6th highest wage bill in the league it's acceptable to be knocked out of the CL, EL, LC and FA cup as long as they perform better in the league than a few other teams? Bizarre way to look at it. Can hardly stick that in the trophy case.

Can you imagine a reporter asking Kane on his thoughts for this season. "Well we didn't actually win anything but we only have the 6th highest wage bill so it's actually been a really good season. Maybe if we all got paid more then we could push on and actually win a few trophies".
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 9:40pm
This craic that the pitch is bigger is a red herring. It's 1 metre wider and 5 metres longer. 2.5m at either end ain't going to make much difference. Listening to Miguel Delaney on second captain's this evening who was saying that Spurs staff think it took​ the team 10mins to adjust to the pitch on Saturday. What a load of bollocks! Also the red seats at Wembley may have a detrimental affect psychologically​. More bollocks!
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 2:23am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

This craic that the pitch is bigger is a red herring. It's 1 metre wider and 5 metres longer. 2.5m at either end ain't going to make much difference. Listening to Miguel Delaney on second captain's this evening who was saying that Spurs staff think it took​ the team 10mins to adjust to the pitch on Saturday. What a load of bollocks! Also the red seats at Wembley may have a detrimental affect psychologically​. More bollocks!

Did they not mention the grass being longer and more flush?
The excuses are embarrassing,spurs have played in that stadium a lot more over the season than Chelsea,yet no mention of it.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 7:22am

A bad season eh?

What have Arsenal or United got to do with me saying Spurs have had a bad season?

So because they have the 6th highest wage bill in the league it's acceptable to be knocked out of the CL, EL, LC and FA cup as long as they perform better in the league than a few other teams? Bizarre way to look at it. Can hardly stick that in the trophy case.

Can you imagine a reporter asking Kane on his thoughts for this season. "Well we didn't actually win anything but we only have the 6th highest wage bill so it's actually been a really good season. Maybe if we all got paid more then we could push on and actually win a few trophies".

But your ignoring reaching top 4 as been a success? When a lot of teams would have this way up on this priorities each season.
Top 4 is a better prize than winning the LC and FA cup. Only this year the EL offers champ league football has it become slightly more important but is still way behind the champions league.

Getting knocked out of the Cham league group stages was disappointing but coming 2nd ahead of big spending teams like Man U, City and Arsenal is a huge success.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 8:47am
I would agree.
You can't say Spurs have had a bad season. If they have, then every team in the EPL has had a bad season bar Chelsea
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 9:39am
Should Spurs' finish in second place, this will be their highest finishing place in the top division since the '62-'63 season. Some bad season.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Should Spurs' finish in second place, this will be their highest finishing place in the top division since the '62-'63 season. Some bad season.

This season they are on target to set a number of club records in the prem:
highest finish
most number of points
most number of goals scored
least number of goals conceded
must number of consecutive wins

But they didn't win the champ league. Terrible season.

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 11:06am
If Spurs finish second it will have been a good season for them without a doubt but they will need to start winning some thropies sooon.
Dont want to be going down the Arsenal route of top 4 is seen as a successful season,no matter what money is from CL football.Successful teams should be winning competitions.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 11:08am
Coming second in the league for Spurs is huge achievement but they should have done far better in the champions league and Europa league. Getting knocked out to Gent was embarrassing to be fair.

I understand finishing in the top 4 is an achievement but sure how long have Arsenal been at that? I don't think players will be statisfied with achieving top 4 finishes every season and not actually wining trophies, certainly not the likes of Kane and Alli anyway.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 110111112113114 238>
  Share Topic