FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Callum Robinson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 53>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Callum Robinson
    Posted: 12 Apr 2024 at 9:02pm
Exiled from the Cardiff squad over disciplinary matters.

Sponsored Links

SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2023 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Scores his first league goal of the season. Assisted the first goal today as well.

2nd. Scored against Huddersfield the other week.
Ah my bad, so he did. I just repeated what Simon Thomas said LOL
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2023 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Scores his first league goal of the season. Assisted the first goal today as well.

2nd. Scored against Huddersfield the other week.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2023 at 3:47pm
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2023 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Starts and scores tonight

Lovely finish.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2023 at 7:54pm
Starts and scores tonight
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

No issue at all in terms of him turning up, and by all accounts he's very popular in the camp.

But he's a good enough player to be doing a lot more with his career than he is. He's capable in terms of ability of being a solid bottom half Premier League player or an absolute standout in the Championship, but for whatever reason the workrate isn't there to go with the ability. I'd always take a slightly more limited player who works his balls off over a player who has more ability but not the application to make the most of it.

James McClean in a nutshell. 
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

I would actually view him the very same as the Cardiff manager. Good solid player but doesn't like to work hard on the pitch, a bit soft, doesn't like the hard stuff, tracking back, work rate and tackling.

Good summation. He’s been a bit inconsistent for us, definitely could’ve done a bit more for himself. 
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 2:22pm
I would actually view him the very same as the Cardiff manager. Good solid player but doesn't like to work hard on the pitch, a bit soft, doesn't like the hard stuff, tracking back, work rate and tackling.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 1:33pm
No issue at all in terms of him turning up, and by all accounts he's very popular in the camp.

But he's a good enough player to be doing a lot more with his career than he is. He's capable in terms of ability of being a solid bottom half Premier League player or an absolute standout in the Championship, but for whatever reason the workrate isn't there to go with the ability. I'd always take a slightly more limited player who works his balls off over a player who has more ability but not the application to make the most of it.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Here's a stat for ya.

As it stands, CR7 has an identical Irish record to the much loved Clinton Morrison. I don't get the hate for Robinson, always has a goal in him

36 caps 9 goals

It's a strange one. There's never been any hint of questions with his attitude in the Irish set up either, always seems to be delighted to be picked, always shows up, and frequently produces important attacking moments for us. Calling him lazy just seems to be a bit of a hack way of looking at his creative style of play.
We're decent enough..
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I always think that Robinson is one of those players who could have had a whole lot better of a career if he applied himself a bit more. He's definitely talented but I'd agree with the Cardiff manager that his workrate isn't good enough and his attitude seems off a bit.

I remember him walking out for the second half over in Armenia, with the score at 0-0 at half time, having a laugh and a joke as he walked back out on the pitch. It struck me that he didn't seem at all bothered about the game or the scoreline. It might seem like a small thing, and in a way it was, but the team should have been going back out fully focused and determined to sort things out having failed to score in the first half. The attitude seemed all wrong. That we went on to lose the game made it stand out more afterwards.

I'm not surprised that he's one that has come out and strongly defended Kenny despite the awful results as he strikes me as someone who'd rather be enjoying himself than winning games. He'd be one I'd be hoping we'll see phased out of the squad as younger players continue to come through.

It’s an interesting thought.
Some people handle pressure differently. It might be a coping mechanism. But I agree that, from a fan perspective, it’s irritating to see a player seemingly having a laugh when results are poor
El Puto Amo
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 12:26pm
Here's a stat for ya.

As it stands, CR7 has an identical Irish record to the much loved Clinton Morrison. I don't get the hate for Robinson, always has a goal in him

36 caps 9 goals
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 11:55am
I always think that Robinson is one of those players who could have had a whole lot better of a career if he applied himself a bit more. He's definitely talented but I'd agree with the Cardiff manager that his workrate isn't good enough and his attitude seems off a bit.

I remember him walking out for the second half over in Armenia, with the score at 0-0 at half time, having a laugh and a joke as he walked back out on the pitch. It struck me that he didn't seem at all bothered about the game or the scoreline. It might seem like a small thing, and in a way it was, but the team should have been going back out fully focused and determined to sort things out having failed to score in the first half. The attitude seemed all wrong. That we went on to lose the game made it stand out more afterwards.

I'm not surprised that he's one that has come out and strongly defended Kenny despite the awful results as he strikes me as someone who'd rather be enjoying himself than winning games. He'd be one I'd be hoping we'll see phased out of the squad as younger players continue to come through.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 11:46am
Erol Bulut: Cardiff City boss lays down challenge to Callum Robinson and Rubin Colwill

Cardiff City manager Erol Bulut has told Callum Robinson and Rubin Colwill they must work harder defensively to regain their starting places.

Republic of Ireland forward Robinson and Wales playmaker Colwill have largely been used as substitutes since Bulut took charge in June.

With the likes of Aaron Ramsey out injured, Bulut wants Robinson and Colwill to improve and fill that void.

He said: "I have problems with some of my players so they have to change it."

Bulut added: "Football, I will repeat myself, it's not only about scoring and playing offensive football. With ball and without ball.

"Some players like to play with the ball, I appreciate this, but without this they have to work for the team.

"Both Callum and Rubin are included in this. It's not enough or what I am expecting from them to be in the starting 11. I cannot play with 10 players. I need 11.

"We are not a team which has individual high-class players to change a game, we need all 11 to be successful. If one isn't included in the game against the ball, it means other players have to run and fight much more. It doesn't make sense, everyone has to work

"Robbo, he is quality, I like what he showed in pre-season in the games, but if I see the last two games of Robinson, I cannot say that I am satisfied.

"I will also have a meeting with him, he just came today [Thursday, after playing for the Republic of Ireland] so I am going to have a meeting tomorrow to tell him what I am expecting of him. Sometimes players forget.

"Because I need him. I don't have Ramsey. Rubin and Robbo can play there. Rubin is young, Robbo is experienced. But if Robbo wants to play he has to give everything for the team like other players. I won't appreciate it if they don't give everything for the team."
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2023 at 2:34pm
Nice goal, hopefully he can get himself back in Cardiff's starting XI - he will have to in order to get back in the Irish squad.

Cardiff manger Bulut had this to say on Robinson after the game

‘Callum took his goal well. He was injured in the start of the season, a long injury and then he came back again and was three weeks out. He came back slowly and today he played 70 minutes and he scored. He needs a bit more time to be fully in the game.’
Idah Dream!
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2023 at 8:07pm
Cracking goal from Callum tonight 
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2023 at 6:58pm
A rare start this season for CR7 away to Blackburn!
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 53>
  Share Topic