Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=54861
Printed Date: 28 Nov 2021 at 4:47am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Callum Robinson
Posted By: Irish2011
Subject: Callum Robinson
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 11:33am
Looked good v Arsenal. With out lack of striking options surely worth a look. Apparently the FAI are on the case according to Rob Brennan on twitter.

Replies:
Posted By: The O'Shea
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 11:38am
Again, need this have waited until he's performing well with Preston? Too slow off the mark...

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: Irish2011
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 11:45am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Again, need this have waited until he's performing well with Preston? Too slow off the mark...
Seems to be a recurring theme of late.

Posted By: SByrne24
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 11:48am

Time and time again. 

What is the connection, how is he eligible? Well, the only thing going in our favour he plays with 6 and potentially 7 players hailing from Ireland that may play a role.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Posted By: DeclanDaly
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 11:49am
Is he definitely eligible?

-------------
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"

Posted By: 10 Box
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 12:57pm
On the mothers side apparently. Over 30 caps for England at the various under age levels.

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 1:04pm

So what, they should be all over him when he's not playing or playing poorly.

Surely the logic is when someone is playing well and they're eligible then we investigate.

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

On the mothers side apparently. Over 30 caps for England at the various under age levels.

He's at PNE a mid table side so obvious PL goals aren't there, quite literally surrounded by Irish lads there is currently 11 players ahead of him for the England u21 side (not including Sterling, not sure if he's still eligible) no longer in their u20 squad either.

Very very Similar to Ciaran Clark, we could have a chance here. While we're at it Patrick Bamford/Hogan are still eligible there is a plethora of eligible players, Lukas Jutkiewicz is another it's time to make a move we've a lot to offer WC2018 is within arms reach for us if that doesn't attract players I don't know what will.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

He's at PNE a mid table side so obvious PL goals aren't there, quite literally surrounded by Irish lads there is currently 11 players ahead of him for the England u21 side (not including Sterling, not sure if he's still eligible) no longer in their u20 squad either.

Very very Similar to Ciaran Clark, we could have a chance here. While we're at it Patrick Bamford/Hogan are still eligible there is a plethora of eligible players, Lukas Jutkiewicz is another it's time to make a move we've a lot to offer WC2018 is within arms reach for us if that doesn't attract players I don't know what will.

no mate he's tied down with England now.

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

no mate he's tied down with England now.

For England u21 LOL

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Posted By: Dugs
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 1:59pm
ffs why are we bothering with these types of players. hes played with england all the stages up to u21. were starting to look desperate now. 

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 2:01pm
get a grip

every waif and stray, no thanks

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Surely the logic is when someone is playing well and they're eligible then we investigate.

He was pretty highly rated in Villa's academy. Like I've been aware of him for about 3-4 years, so if he is eligible surely the FAI should have been aware of him too.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 3:42pm

Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

He was pretty highly rated in Villa's academy. Like I've been aware of him for about 3-4 years, so if he is eligible surely the FAI should have been aware of him too.

As you say there's zero evidence on him being eligible so consider the topic closed tbh.

Even if he was, there's nothing to say that's he's even interested in playing for Ireland, the biggest clues are their Social media profiles.

In Callum's case, a tweet from last year: "Go on @JackGrealish1 #England" 
I'm no psychologist but that doesn't sound like a man interested in playing for Ireland.

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 3:54pm
The only evidence seems to be that one lad who's friend says he is a cousin and thinks he is probably eligible. Not getting worked up about this one right now.

-------------

Posted By: grannyrule
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 4:07pm
I am expecting him to get an England U21 call-up out of this. That is usually the way it works with the English FA when a player is being linked to another country.

-------------
Kenny has 4 wins in charge of Ireland after 20 matches which came against Azerbaijan, Andorra, Qatar and Luxembourg.

Posted By: Luis Amor Rodriguez
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 6:11pm
Who you play for at U21 if you're dual-nationality does not necessarily mean all that much e.g.: Grealish, Scott Hogan potentially, most of the Algeria, Tunisia and Senegal national teams etc.

So I wouldn't be getting too upset about that.  

A bit of creepy Twitter stalking shows he does have a lot of time for Ireland - applauding our fans at the Euros, wishing Ciaran Clark all the best in the Sweden game, applauding Wessi's goal etc.  

Could well be an option for us. You'd have to hope working with so many Irish lads day in, day out would help him. 

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Who you play for at U21 if you're dual-nationality does not necessarily mean all that much e.g.: Grealish, Scott Hogan potentially, most of the Algeria, Tunisia and Senegal national teams etc.

A bit of creepy Twitter stalking shows he does have a lot of time for Ireland - applauding our fans at the Euros, wishing Ciaran Clark all the best in the Sweden game, applauding Wessi's goal etc.  

Could well be an option for us. You'd have to hope working with so many Irish lads day in, day out would help him. 

Get a life mate

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 6:23pm

Is he a jam or a marmalade man?

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: GreenDodger93
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Get a life mate

Posted By: NewtNewbie
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 1:26am
Do we really need to create a new, specific thread for every player who is rumoured to, maybe, in some way, be eligible to play for us? Surely a single, catch-all 'Potentially Eligible Players' thread would be a better way to go.

The guy's represented England more than 30 times, all the way up to U20 level, yet has somehow earned his own thread on a Republic of Ireland football supporters' site. Bizarre.

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 1:50am
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Do we really need to create a new, specific thread for every player who is rumoured to, maybe, in some way, be eligible to play for us? Surely a single, catch-all 'Potentially Eligible Players' thread would be a better way to go.

The guy's represented England more than 30 times, all the way up to U20 level, yet has somehow earned his own thread on a Republic of Ireland football supporters' site. Bizarre.

totally agree. Locking this. Should the lad somehow declare or become a realistic option then the padlock can come off. Ridiuclous amount of threads being started.

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 8:30am
Unlocked given today's news

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 8:49am
What is today's news?

Posted By: Fanny MaGee
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

What is today's news?

http://www.the42.ie/callum-robinson-preston-declares-international-allegiance-ireland-3893676-Mar2018/" rel="nofollow - http://www.the42.ie/callum-robinson-preston-declares-international-allegiance-ireland-3893676-Mar2018/

-------------
Ask MaGee

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 8:55am
That's a great in-depth article by the 42.

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 10:38am

That's a great in-depth article by the 42.

Bit I've seen of him play he could be a huge asset for us...get the passport sorted and get him in the squad for the summer

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 12:22pm
I like him as a player. Tends to score in bursts, but he works hard, has good feet and is mobile. In terms of what we already have, he reminds me of a more mobile McGoldrick or a young Doyler. Good to have a player who can play across the frontline and still be a goal threat.

Yet another player who doesn’t fit our target man mould, though. At 5’ 10’ he’s no replacement for Murphy. Looks like we’re going to have to start playing football.

-------------

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 12:32pm

I know anyone can look decent on a YouTube highlights reel (as evidenced by the number of times McGeady pops up in this clip) but there are some decent finishes in here. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLGydQlhOvc" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLGydQlhOvc

Obviously this doesn't tell the story of how many chances he needs to score but either way, he appears to be a good lad to have on board. He's still only 23. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I know anyone can look decent on a YouTube highlights reel (as evidenced by the number of times McGeady pops up in this clip) but there are some decent finishes in here. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLGydQlhOvc" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLGydQlhOvc

Obviously this doesn't tell the story of how many chances he needs to score but either way, he appears to be a good lad to have on board. He's still only 23. 

Some outrageous assists there by McGeady .

-------------

Posted By: amccarten313
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 8:56pm
good young player. happy to have him on board. been good for preston last 2 seasons

edit- him playing with other relatively young or new to our squad players at club level like Maguire browne horgan cant be a bad thing either.

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 4:38pm
Scores for Preston.

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 7:40pm
Pne v Sunderland highlights: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GQIVOt8zqLg" rel="nofollow - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GQIVOt8zqLg

Robinson has a nice passing range. Hope we can take a look at him in the US friendly

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 5:00pm
Scores twice for Preston keeping their slim chances of promotion alive.

Robinson only turned 23 in February and has gotten 7 goals and 7 assists this season, he's a really solid option for us on the wing, as a number 10, or up front. 

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 9:21pm
I'd say one of those may have been awarded to Alan Browne

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Date Posted: 06 May 2018 at 2:23pm
Scores today versus Burton

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 6:07pm
Watching him against Stoke on Sky Sports at the moment.

He really does look to be a fantastic player. Has been central to everything positive that Preston have done, he can beat a player, pick out a pass and has great control.

Joe Allen has just resorted to kicking him at this stage as he keeps drifting from the left-wing into the middle to create chances.

He can play up front, on either wing or at number ten.

He really should be given a chance in the upcoming Nations League games, he's up against McClean, Allen and Williams who will all be involved next month, so it couldn't be argued that he's not proven against that standard of player.

I can't believe that this guy has declared for us and is just 23, he looks every bit the player that Grealish is.

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 6:16pm
I don't think I'd have him anywhere near Grealish's level of talent, but he's certainly got good potential and looks a fine addition.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 6:18pm

I don't think I'd have him anywhere near Grealish's level of talent, but he's certainly got good potential and looks a fine addition.

Outscored and contributed to more goals than Grealish last season, there's less than a year in their age difference.

I'd say that there isn't a whole lot between them. Well except for Grealish's ridiculous price tag.

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 6:28pm
I'm fairly sure Grealish missed half of last season, which would be a relevant consideration.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 6:35pm

I'm fairly sure Grealish missed half of last season, which would be a relevant consideration.

Didn't realise that which is probably a fair variable in their respective records last year.

Regardless, Robinson definitely gives us options in positions that we've been struggling in of late.

The question is will MON play such a positive, attacking player? 

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 7:10pm
Robinson is a greatly undervalued player. He had great chemistry with Burke when they were both at Villa. Hopefully they will be able to hit it off again

-------------

Posted By: Adobolo
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 10:33pm
just seen his run from the halfway line and shot off the bar on sky sports news, very impressive.

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 7:41am
and under instruction from MON he’d take a run from midfield, turn and pass it back to Randolph.

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 1:16pm
Pleased to see CR getting his call up.

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Posted By: houghton88
Date Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

He really does look to be a fantastic player. Has been central to everything positive that Preston have done, he can beat a player, pick out a pass and has great control.

Joe Allen has just resorted to kicking him at this stage as he keeps drifting from the left-wing into the middle to create chances.

He really should be given a chance in the upcoming Nations League games, he's up against McClean, Allen and Williams who will all be involved next month, so it couldn't be argued that he's not proven against that standard of player.

I can't believe that this guy has declared for us and is just 23, he looks every bit the player that Grealish is.

Dont worry, we'll knock that out of him. 

-------------
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by houghton88 houghton88 wrote:

Dont worry, we'll knock that out of him. 

Is it too late for him to declare for England?

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 2:02pm
he needs to play a part in both games. very thin at striker and he has played well in championship a few years in a row. would like to see him start or come on against wales and certainly start the friendly

Posted By: grannyrule
Date Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 2:06pm
Very useful player. Happy to see him join up anyway.

-------------
Kenny has 4 wins in charge of Ireland after 20 matches which came against Azerbaijan, Andorra, Qatar and Luxembourg.

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 11:59pm
With all the fuss about Rice, there is something to be said for the way Robinson went about his business, declared an interest, turned up for a squad meet & friendly, got his paperwork in order & all with a minimum of fuss. Welcome Callum, & best of luck. 

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 12:01am
Agree, but would it be different if he was good enough to play for England?

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 12:14am

He’s a good young player. He’s not England standard, but he’s comfortably ireland standard. 

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 12:18am

More than likely RB, I'm glad to have the chap on board, but if he was that good he probably wouldn't have come next or near us. That's just the way things are in football at the moment, I don't really expect that to change, no matter how much Kilbane or McClean decide to rant about it. 

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Posted By: willmcc83
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 10:43am

You could say that about any English born player who has ever played for us. Mick McCarthy openly admitted that he would have rather played for England. Townsend was shouting for England at Euro 88 and playing against them in Italia 90. Other players have been more coy and said the opportunity never arose. I think Kilbane and O'Leary are the only players who actually declined interest from England.

-------------
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 10:46am
I just don't get the reference to Rice in praising Robinson. If he was good enough, he'd be playing for England as well.

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by willmcc83 willmcc83 wrote:

You could say that about any English born player who has ever played for us. Mick McCarthy openly admitted that he would have rather played for England. Townsend was shouting for England at Euro 88 and playing against them in Italia 90. Other players have been more coy and said the opportunity never arose. I think Kilbane and O'Leary are the only players who actually declined interest from England.

Did this happen?

Agree with most of the post though, it's very easy for former players to give their opinions on choosing us over England when in reality, how many of them would have been able to get into those England teams. 

Glad to have Robinson on board, but it shows the level we've fallen to when we're pinning our hopes on a Championship level (for now) player.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Did this happen?

Agree with most of the post though, it's very easy for former players to give their opinions on choosing us over England when in reality, how many of them would have been able to get into those England teams. 

Glad to have Robinson on board, but it shows the level we've fallen to when we're pinning our hopes on a Championship level (for now) player.

Yep, I specifically remember him saying it in a 2001 interview but I think he's on the record a few times in saying it

-------------

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

With all the fuss about Rice, there is something to be said for the way Robinson went about his business, declared an interest, turned up for a squad meet & friendly, got his paperwork in order & all with a minimum of fuss. Welcome Callum, & best of luck. 

Well said, this is actually the first I have heard of him. 
My interest in the Ireland team is at the lowest of the lowest I can remember though. 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 1:43pm
Strange that nobody else on the board can remember Mick saying this

-------------
All goals, yellow & red cards posted in real time on http://twitter.com/irish_abroad" rel="nofollow - twitter and https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics" rel="nofollow - facebook

Posted By: avfc
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 1:46pm
Utter BS.

Mick was of the Zinidine Kilbane mindset.

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

He never dodged the question when he was asked. I can't account for anyone else's lack of memory on the subject

-------------

Posted By: DangerHere
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 2:40pm

Alan McLoughlin did too. in his autobiography he talks about being called up to both England 'B' and Ireland 'B' at the same time. He said as soon as the letter arrived from FAI there was no further thought on the subject

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 2:47pm

He never dodged the question when he was asked. I can't account for anyone else's lack of memory on the subject

I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm saying that it's strange that only one person can remember the manager of the Irish team saying in 2001 that he would have played for England.

-------------
All goals, yellow & red cards posted in real time on http://twitter.com/irish_abroad" rel="nofollow - twitter and https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics" rel="nofollow - facebook

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 2:53pm
I never recall Mick saying he wanted to play for England.
Reading today that McAteer said he turned down England.

Posted By: Fanny MaGee
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I never recall Mick saying he wanted to play for England.
Reading today that McAteer said he turned down England.

I remember that. It was Jimmy Armfield that asked him to play for England and he went mental in a press interview when McAteer said no.

-------------
Ask MaGee

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 2:58pm

I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm saying that it's strange that only one person can remember the manager of the Irish team saying in 2001 that he would have played for England.

Fair enough.

He was asked in the interview if he didn't mind clarifying; would he have rather played for England. He replied quick as anything that he did mind and the journalist could f*** off. Journalist goes bright red and Mick says that in all seriousness he was born in England and had he been given the option of playing for England he would have jumped at the chance but the reality was they were never interested.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 4:59pm
Again, nobody else remembers this interview, nor has it ever been mentioned on this, or any other, forum.

-------------

Posted By: E2016
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 3:14pm
Has just put Preston 1-0 up.

Posted By: cildaratown
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Starting with Burke and Browne

Posted By: ShaneH10
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Starting with Burke and Browne

Browne gets the second. 2-0.

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 4:05pm
Is there a chance all three of them could start against Wales? They are all on form the past few weeks.

Posted By: Fitz
Date Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 2:30am
Yes, and given the fact that Mick missed out on being the best man at his brother’s wedding to make his debut (in a friendly) it seems somewhat unlikely 

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 4:39pm
Scores vs Reading. 

Posted By: 5678
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 4:47pm
Scores today....Burke getting very little game time.

Posted By: Dugs
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by 5678 5678 wrote:

Scores today....Burke getting very little game time.
neil wont be there much longer anyway.

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 6:03pm
hope the Irish lads are able to move on if they get relegated to League 1

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 6:12pm

Robinson and Browne not a bother.
I'd imagine Burke and possibly Maguire could struggle to attract another club.

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 6:19pm

Feel like Seani would be worth the risk - could be a good impact sub off the bench for a top half Championship side. Depends on how he comes back next month. Agree Burke would go down with the club. 

Posted By: Patman Scoop
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 6:22pm
Maguire was absolutely flying before the injury, hellh walk back into the team when fit 

-------------
Why no wine??!

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 6:28pm
Mick McCarthy to come in and steady the ship.

Sean Maguire will come back and score 15+.

Posted By: JoxerDaly
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 8:43pm
People just making stuff up as they go along on this site.

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by black pearl black pearl wrote:

where's this negatively come from in regard to Maguire?

Not negativity, I think he’s one of the top players on the championship when healthy. Just injury concerns. 

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 9:40pm

Whatever about Burke, why would Maguire struggle to find another Championship club??? 
He’s proven he’s good enough in his very short stint there 

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 8:14pm
Really doing well for himself

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 8:41pm
hopefully he make it - if for nothing else at least we would have a new song

'Heres to you Callum Robinson , Jesus loves you more....................'

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 8:42pm
ha LOL

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: gmfc90
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

And here's to you, Callum Robinson,
Ireland loves you more than you will know
Wo wo wo
God bless you, please, Callum Robinson
Heaven holds a place for those who play
Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

And here's to you, Callum Robinson,
Ireland loves you more than you will know
Wo wo wo
God bless you, please, Callum Robinson
Heaven holds a place for those who play
Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey

ClapClapClapClapClap

Posted By: ripbomb
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 9:53pm
Shocking penalties from him and Burke in shootout

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 4:30pm
goal today

https://streamable.com/apmcc" rel="nofollow - https://streamable.com/apmcc

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 4:35pm

goal today

https://streamable.com/apmcc" rel="nofollow - https://streamable.com/apmcc

Always seems to find a yard in the box. Please god let him become a reliable goal scorer for us

-------------

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 4:45pm
I think many Irish fans were too critical of him against Wales, I'd say Messi would have struggled that night the way we were set up.

Seems to have a brilliant attitude, great to have him on board with us!

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

I think many Irish fans were too critical of him against Wales, I'd say Messi would have struggled that night the way we were set up.

Agree with you regarding the Wales game. It’s too early to write him off

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 5:25pm
he should start

Posted By: Luis Amor Rodriguez
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 6:52pm
Yeah, great attitude, bit of pace and nice touch.  

Clearly not a finisher though... much more of a winger than a striker or no 10 imo.

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 6:03pm
Six goals in his last eight games. He has to start vs the Danes. 

What is his best posistion though? It appears he can play on either wing, upfront, or at 10.

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 10:42pm

In fairness GD,  I don't remember any criticism in the media or on here  towards Robinson in that game. Apart from O'Dowda, there was noone that came out of that game with too much credit whether it was the manager or the players. 

-------------
That's how you fight loneliness,
You laugh at every joke,
Drag your blanket blindly,
Fill your heart with smoke,

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 9:21am

Six goals in his last eight games. He has to start vs the Danes. 

What is his best posistion though? It appears he can play on either wing, upfront, or at 10.

A great return for any attacking player, never mind one in a struggling side.

At least his versatility will give us options. Haven't seen enough of him to say what his best position would be though.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: Banjaxed
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 10:02am

I'm willing to give every player the benefit of the doubt under this regime. Any judgement should be reserved for the the next manager to take the reigns.

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 9:52pm
Probably our most in form player right now, maybe other that Doherty. Another 2 goals today. 

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net