FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 215>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Fozz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Underage squads: Best Prospects
    Posted: 6 hours 1 minutes ago at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

18yr old Josh Ireland, son of Stephen, has reportedly declared for Ireland, is getting an Irish passport and has been invited to join an Ireland under-19 training camp. Young Josh is with Stoke City but was attracting attention from bigger clubs before getting injured this season.

Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 1 minutes ago at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

18yr old Josh Ireland, son of Stephen, has reportedly declared for Ireland, is getting an Irish passport and has been invited to join an Ireland under-19 training camp. Young Josh is with Stoke City but was attracting attention from bigger clubs before getting injured this season.

According to this, he's been "invited" to an under-19 training camp. He hasn't accepted anything.

“We did let Mr. Felder sing it, he sang it dozens of times over the span of a week over and over again. It simply didn’t come up to band standards.”

Don Henley
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 8 minutes ago at 1:45pm
Dragon_Khan View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dragon_Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by IrishCanadian IrishCanadian wrote:

Harvey Neville is training with Inter Miami and will be joining Fort Lauderdale CF in the 3rd tier. 

He was always only going to be a poor player and therefore not a great prospect for us or he was going to be a good player and would have waited for England to call.

Just using irish underage setup as a stepping stone in my opinion.

Should never have been a consideration for ireland.

Maybe a page should be created for best underage flight risks.

His mum is Irish so why should he not have been considered for Ireland?!
Left foot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by IrishCanadian IrishCanadian wrote:

Harvey Neville is training with Inter Miami and will be joining Fort Lauderdale CF in the 3rd tier. 

He was always only going to be a poor player and therefore not a great prospect for us or he was going to be a good player and would have waited for England to call.

Just using irish underage setup as a stepping stone in my opinion.

Should never have been a consideration for ireland.

Maybe a page should be created for best underage flight risks.
IrishCanadian View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 12:32pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 7:35pm
Wrong thread.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 30 Apr 2021 at 7:49pm
“We did let Mr. Felder sing it, he sang it dozens of times over the span of a week over and over again. It simply didn’t come up to band standards.”

Don Henley
Frabhoy View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 6:37pm
Ben Quinn at Celtic, seems to have been doing well with the u18 team.

Celtic signed him from Cherry Orchard a year or so ago. 

kevin100 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

It doesn’t take a genius to conclude it didn’t really go according to plan for a lot of our younger attackers this season Connolly Parrott Idah Obafemi. 

Seeing Calum Kavanagh score twice for Middlesbrough U23s in 10 minutes there is nice to see he looks another fine prospect. We will be desperately looking for a few to come through in the next few years. The one positive I have taken looking at the 03,04,05 born groups is a good few of our better looking prospects are attackers also Ferguson,Kavanagh,,Zefi,Caden Mcgloughlin at Villarreal,Kenny at Sligo etc. 

I forgot to add to this Andrew Moran. Man Utd and Chelsea looking at him. Putting up very impressive numbers for an attacking midfielder albeit at 18s level. Made his 23s debut recently. Getting into that Man Utd 23s team would be a challenge in itself. They have a number of outstanding attacking prospects.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

McGuinness named in the League 1 team of the week.
Doesn't seem like it with the post aboveLOLLOL

See proof here: https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/40195/cornell-and-mcguinness-in-team-of-the-week

Somebody needs to have a chat with this lot. Did they not read that HH managed find a negative review of his performance? Next you'll be telling me Richard Keogh made the Championship team of the week. 

46 posts and every single one of them coming after The O'Shea was banned.  What's this, your 5th or 6th account now?

Don Henley
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 11:20pm

See proof here: https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/40195/cornell-and-mcguinness-in-team-of-the-week

Somebody needs to have a chat with this lot. Did they not read that HH managed find a negative review of his performance? Next you'll be telling me Richard Keogh made the Championship team of the week. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 1:21pm

All other defenders in league 1 only managed a 2 in the performance ratings.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 12:36pm

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 11:13am
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 8:44pm
McGuinness seems to be struggling with the step-up to men's football. Back in the side after months out of the team but his performances haven't been receiving rave reviews.

Mark McGuinness 

Like Woolfenden, the loanee made a good block early on but much of this game was a struggle for him as he was pulled out of position, committed too easily and found Pigott difficult to handle. He gave away the penalty with an unnecessary tug on the shirt but was fortunate to see Cornell get him out of trouble. 3

Don Henley
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 8:27pm
A former under 21, not a current one, but Emmanuel osadebe seems to be putting together a run of form at the age of 24 in league 2 with Walsall. He was one of those that arrived late into the system and seemed to get a chance because he had a lot of good attributes and physical ability. Playing in league two so I won’t get too excited but it’s good to see him start to live up to his potential 

You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
kevin100 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 4:37pm
Oh yeah the first 4 named Connolly Idah etc are still young and have plenty time to establish themselves. Just an obversation it’s a positive for us that plenty of the talent we have 03,04,05 born seem to be attackers also. That’s no harm as tbh we need that volume of attacking talent coming through. 

Like you say more darts,more potential the more likely your to get 2 or 3 make it as PL quality attackers. 

Idah is the one I’m really looking at with a view to next year. Wouldn’t remotely mind seeing him go out on loan. Farke rates him very highly but he’s not going to start for Norwich and playing weekly for 90 minutes for 30-40 games would do him the world of good.

Edited by kevin100 - 23 Apr 2021 at 4:38pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

It doesn’t take a genius to conclude it didn’t really go according to plan for a lot of our younger attackers this season Connolly Parrott Idah Obafemi. 

Seeing Calum Kavanagh score twice for Middlesbrough U23s in 10 minutes there is nice to see he looks another fine prospect. We will be desperately looking for a few to come through in the next few years. The one positive I have taken looking at the 03,04,05 born groups is a good few of our better looking prospects are attackers also Ferguson,Kavanagh,,Zefi,Caden Mcgloughlin at Villarreal,Kenny at Sligo etc. 

To be fair I'd still lump all these players together, connolly, parrott, idah, obafemi, kavanah ferguson, zefi and mcloughlin.. all are either teenagers or have just hit their 20s.

No reason why any of that bunch can't hit premier league quality heights still.

Edited by Left foot - 23 Apr 2021 at 4:19pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 215>
  Share Topic