FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 80>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
good luck charm 2019 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote good luck charm 2019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jack Byrne
    Posted: Yesterday at 2:34am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

But the point remains. Byrne is playing at a low level and managers aren’t going to trust that. There have been players who have stood out far more in the LOI and got fewer call ups. Whether that is right or wrong can be questioned, but I doubt any manager would play him while he is at Shams, Kenny included.

It doesn't matter whether he is playing in a sh*t league . The fact of the matter is that jack byrne is our only real midfield player in the senior squad or the u21 squad who has any real technical ability on the ball , he can see a pass and make a pass .

For all the talk and hope that is placed on Josh Cullen and Jayson Moulmby as our future central midfielders . They are no more than decent on the ball and do not have the vision or ability too play the type of passes that really hurt teams like byrne does.

I hear people on this forum comparing Moulmby to roy keane and it is pure and utter hyperbole . Moulmby is a pub player in comparison . He will do well to end up as a decent championship player, as will Culllen . They might both end up as lower level premier league players if they are lucky.

Just to give you an example of how carried away; we get with any player we have who shows any signs of promise . Declan Rice before he defected to England was lauded as potentially the best midfielder we have had since roy keane and potentially one the best holding midfielders in world football.

Even so called knowledge pundits who should have no better such as john giles and liam brady where comparing him with paul McGrath in midfield play . Absolutely bat sh*t crazy.

He has since gone on to be capped for England and has looked completely out of his depth in a proper football team . The England fans don't rate him at all and realise that he is a very limited premier league footballer who is no more than a lower level premier leguaue player

I admit myself. I was drawn into the hype and really thought rice could be one of the best holding midfielders in the world, when I saw him play for us but it doesn't take much ability to stand out in midield, when you are playing with sh*t like Hendrick, Whelan and Meyler.
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Spouter of Nonsense

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 4:20pm
Well he was hardly ever likely to break through at the richest club in the world was he? So he kind of had to leave.
We're decent enough..
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 4:06pm
Fairly sure he left City on his own accord to try get first team football. It obviously back fired
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 2:45pm
But the point remains. Byrne is playing at a low level and managers aren’t going to trust that. There have been players who have stood out far more in the LOI and got fewer call ups. Whether that is right or wrong can be questioned, but I doubt any manager would play him while he is at Shams, Kenny included.
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Done very well in the European games for Shamrock Rovers also tbf.
When we play mid-table Norwegian teams he will get a run.

Hmmm because Apollon or Brann wouldn't be considered a higher calibre of opposition than lets say Gibraltar no?

Georgia are made out to be a lot better on here than they actually are also.

They do have some technically good players for sure, yet if a game was tailormade for a few technically gifted players from our side this campaign it was last Saturday. 

Edited by Green Devil - 19 Oct 2019 at 2:41pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 2:32pm

When we play mid-table Norwegian teams he will get a run.
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 2:24pm

Edited by Green Devil - 19 Oct 2019 at 2:24pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 2:19pm

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

He undoubtedly can play at a higher level. He's better off at Rovers than in League 1 or 2 though. 

Agreed fully,

We do love dismissing creative footballers in this country but laud the plodders and the lads who can run more than most.

I’m not sure about that. There is definitely doubt, otherwise he wouldn’t be in the LOI.  I’m not sure any manager is going to put him in a big game when he has only done it in the LOI and a training game against Bulgaria, no matter how poor the options are.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Spouter of Nonsense

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Strange that he's played for 7 clubs at the age of 23 and none of them suited him.

Cambuur and Rovers seemed to suit him pretty well. As did Oldham until their new manager decided to banish him.
We're decent enough..
CillDara View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:50pm
Jack needs to be very careful with his next move, he is too good for the League of Ireland and I would be very surprised if he was still at Rovers this time next year. If he was still playing with Rovers by the time Kenny takes over though he would probably get into the Ireland squad and possibly play games under Kenny, whereas if he goes to England in January and fails then you'd wonder what is in store for him next.

A move to the continent probably would suit him better but 99% of the time our players will end up in the UK so not expecting Jack to be any different. Hard to know what club he would be suited to, if it is a club battling relegation then they will be reluctant to give someone like Jack a game, if it is one of the top teams it will be hard to break into the team (like Richie Towell when he went to Brighton).
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:49pm
But he's played with 3 sides that do suit his style and done well as a result.

Lets not ignore the facts.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:47pm

What I am saying is that he's found his level.

He is a technically good player. But for me he doesn't do enough work on or off the ball for him to succeed at a higher level.

A club in the UK may come in for him, but it will be up to Jack himself to work his way into the team and not the other way around which is what you are insinuating.

Take Burnley for example they play with a two man midfield and play some of the most direct football in the whole of England.

Just a random example here, but do you think a player like Modric or Xavi would flourish more at Burnley or at a club like Bournemouth? Another extreme, where would Niall Quinn or Peter Crouch have thrived more? Burnley or Bournemouth?

Why should a player jump at the first sign of interest from a club that doesn't play anywhere to their strengths? Why not hold out for a club that suits your style.

Don't know.
You could ask Jack Byrne, he's done it 7 times.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:45pm

He is a technically good player. But for me he doesn't do enough work on or off the ball for him to succeed at a higher level.

A club in the UK may come in for him, but it will be up to Jack himself to work his way into the team and not the other way around which is what you are insinuating.

Take Burnley for example they play with a two man midfield and play some of the most direct football in the whole of England.

Just a random example here, but do you think a player like Modric or Xavi would flourish more at Burnley or at a club like Bournemouth? Another extreme, where would Niall Quinn or Peter Crouch have thrived more? Burnley or Bournemouth?

Why should a player jump at the first sign of interest from a club that doesn't play anywhere to their strengths? Why not hold out for a club that suits your style.

Edited by Green Devil - 19 Oct 2019 at 1:46pm

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:40pm
He's better for playing in Europe next year than going to a small club like Sunderland.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:38pm

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

He undoubtedly can play at a higher level. He's better off at Rovers than in League 1 or 2 though. 

Agreed fully,

We do love dismissing creative footballers in this country but laud the plodders and the lads who can run more than most.

Edited by Green Devil - 19 Oct 2019 at 1:38pm

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:36pm
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:30pm

Correct.

How did the Man City underage suit him? they shipped him out because he was never going to make it at City (like many others).

He's been dropping down the leagues and now he's back home playing the LOI.

I've watched him many times at Rovers and he has never been the best player in the team, let alone the match.

Confused

Eh, because they played a brand of football suited to his style of play and as a result he done well but was never going to be good enough to make their first team along with 99% of kids who come through their academy.

Are you honestly trying to compare playing underage with Man City to making their first team.

Edited by Green Devil - 19 Oct 2019 at 1:31pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 80>
  Share Topic