You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Losing Weight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 99>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Losing Weight
    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 10:20am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Where did ya go?

I was in South America. Colombia, Peru, Uruguay and Argentina. 

The real damage was done in Argentina. I was averaging two steaks a day and a heap of red wine (which I can normally take or leave). I played astro on Monday night and the pedestrian pace of the game was miles out of my league, I was cream crackered after 20 minutes. 
El Puto Amo
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 10:09am
Where did ya go?

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 9:57am

I was away for a 7 weeks and packed on a heap of weight. Back up to 92kgs from 85kgs. My work pants and shirts are under serious pressure at the moment. Aiming to lose a stone by the end of April.  

- Two gym sessions a week plus one astro game.
- Eat sensibly (daily intake: large bowl of porridge, banana, big lunch, soup) 
- No sugar, no bread
- No eating after 7:30pm

It's fairly boring but it was effective the last time I tried it. 
El Puto Amo
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 9:17am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

I’m guessing but would starting at 7/8pm till 11am/12pm the next day be the way to go??as in get as many of the hours in at night and have as many eating hours as normal....plus how would it effect you if your training as well or would it be too risky?

a mate of mine was doing 16:8 and did it around those times.Didn't eat any later than 8pm so about half the 16hrs were while he was sleeping.
He has now started eating once a day, he eats at 2pm every day and that's it.He seems Ok with it and reckons after the first week or so you get used of it.

So is he actually losing weight doing this? If you eat the recommended number of calories, but all within this 8 hour window, do you lose weight? Or do you need to reduce calories too?

you have to reduce calories to a deficit to lose weight no matter what way you go about it.He said hes eating less than 2000 calories per day so is losing weight, he just finds this way better for him.

eating in a deficit will make you lose weight,doesnt really matter if its one meal or 5 meals a day. Calories In < Calories out
Deco79 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 2:59pm
Recently bought a FitBit and found its helped motivate me by walking more and controlling what i eat and how much i eat calorie wise. App is easy to use too
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 9:57am
Back at it this week. Went well for 3/4 months at the start of last year and got about a stone down but all back on now. Determined to keep at it this time so up at 6am this week and getting a run in or on the spin bike at home before the kids wake. Runs aren't the quickest but getting 5k in. Alternating the days and will take Friday morning off and do the Parkrun Saturday. Have take the advice here and got the MyFitnessPal app for tracking the food - definitely makes you more conscious of what you're eating. Have upped the water intake too but pi$$ing so much they think I've a problem here in the office!
Some people just deserve a slap
coyne View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 10:08pm
More to intermittent fasting than just losing weight.

Supports inflammation healing, blood sugar levels, brain function and skincare (reason why I'm doing it as a result of my eczema breakout) hence why it's become the hipster thing to do nowadays.

So in conclusion, it's all rather healthy!
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by PaddyDaCulchie PaddyDaCulchie wrote:

Eat healthy and exercise. No quick fixes. 

Small changes over a long period make a big difference.
But everything in moderation - you need to live too.

Watch what you eat and drink. Try a food diary for a week and see how much snacking you are doing. Cut back on the pints and replace with clear spirits etc 
Exercise a bit more. Can you walk to/from work more.

PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 9:22pm
Eat healthy and exercise. No quick fixes. 
coyne View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 8:48pm
No. You burn more calories when you're asleep.

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

16:8 appears to be the trendy thing to do for weight loss. The explanation is after 12 hours the body goes after the glycogen and fat cells and keep yourself sufficiently nutritioned for the rest of the day once you’re within the 8 hour window.

Intermittent fasting isn't really about what you eat or what you do. It's simply starving yourself to the point the body goes after the aforementioned cells in your body whilst keeping yourself nutritioned.

If you're eating the recommended 2000 calories in the 8 hour window there is no chance in hell you're burning that amount of in a single training session so you're on a + calorie again but the fasting period makes up for that. 

Edited by coyne - 04 Feb 2020 at 8:55pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

I’m guessing but would starting at 7/8pm till 11am/12pm the next day be the way to go??as in get as many of the hours in at night and have as many eating hours as normal....plus how would it effect you if your training as well or would it be too risky?

a mate of mine was doing 16:8 and did it around those times.Didn't eat any later than 8pm so about half the 16hrs were while he was sleeping.
He has now started eating once a day, he eats at 2pm every day and that's it.He seems Ok with it and reckons after the first week or so you get used of it.

So is he actually losing weight doing this? If you eat the recommended number of calories, but all within this 8 hour window, do you lose weight? Or do you need to reduce calories too?

in most cases i think yes. you're most active during the day (naturally) so burning calories. Eating and sat on the couch at home in the eve, you're not. eat early then lock up shop. you may go to bed hungry but that's what it's all about. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 8:29pm

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 7:20am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

If you have an iPhone, enable the health feature, which should be installed by default.

Great way to track the amount you are walking. Would try to a minimum of 5k a day, i'd go the gym on top of that too.

Only just copped this app with the heart on it. I’m doing 7-10k on average 😎

I’m not sure I trust this feature. 
Somedays it’s way off.

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 7:16am

If you have an iPhone, enable the health feature, which should be installed by default.

Great way to track the amount you are walking. Would try to a minimum of 5k a day, i'd go the gym on top of that too.

Only just copped this app with the heart on it. I’m doing 7-10k on average 😎
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
coyne View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 2:25am
In regards to your 2nd question of how does it affect training - I’ve not noticed any difference but just make sure you eat about 2 hours beforehand and you eat plenty of calories, as mentioned before the food coma’s and feeling full at first is unbearable. And if I took a body shot in sparring like that I’d probably blow like a balloon LOL

I’m a week into it now, the food comas have eased off, the last 1-2 hours are still dreadful however 
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 9:34am

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 12:07am
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
coyne View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 1:05am
16:8 appears to be the trendy thing to do for weight loss. The explanation is after 12 hours goes after the glycogen and fat cells and keep yourself sufficiently nutritioned for the rest of the day once you’re within the 8 hour window.

I personally wouldn’t do it if I were a morning worker on a 9-5 shift, that’s skipping breakfast and lunch (dinner its called if you’re from North of England) and working through an empty stomach making you feel groggy and tired whilst a nightshifter is typically starting work as he starts his fast so he can just sleep through the latter stages of the fast and burn even more
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 99>
  Share Topic