Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=31769
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 11:35am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Losing Weight
Posted By: Patman Scoop
Subject: Losing Weight
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 3:49pm
Is poxy foookin hard , always struggled with the spare tyre over the years , lost 4 stone in 3 months 3 years ago and got myself into great shape and was playing ball at a decent level and enjoying it . 

Broke my ankle last year and didnt play ball and piled the weight back on ,Been back running sinceApril and  2 stone gone so far but still 2 to go , finding it extremely tough , pre season is horrible , getting slightly fitter week by week but its so frustrating !

Anyone share my pain ??Cry

-------------
Why no wine??!

Replies:
Posted By: Blue Man
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 3:50pm
I went back pre season well above a stone over weight. I go down to training half hour early and get my runs in then. Its very busy of me but Im flying at the moment

-------------
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010

Posted By: GreenTribe
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 4:05pm
Pack of women on here it will be fake tan and moisturisers next lol

-------------
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

Posted By: GINN
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 4:11pm
5 a - side soccer is definitely the best way. great craic and you exercise like a mad bastard without even realising it. if i lose possession in the other teams half, for instance, im gonna make that run to get back amnt i? with running though theres just no incentive. its difficult.

-------------
NINE 11 - YBIG FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 2011/12

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 4:11pm
Stop eatin Thumbs Up

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: GreenTribe
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Stop eatin nandos Thumbs Up

-------------
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

Posted By: flick
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 4:18pm
Just keep at it

-------------
GWAN YBIG

Posted By: Sloop John G
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 4:28pm
I tore my cruciate ligaments and came back in a week.

Lyons - Puts the talk in to tea.

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 4:30pm
Run and keep feckin running

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 6:43pm
People always go about losing weight the wrong way
Contrary to popular belief, running is not the best way

A quick, 20 minute weights programme every day is the best way. Low weights, plenty of reps and fuk all breaks.

Combine that with a healthy diet. Carbs before workout, protein afterwards.

Don't ignore cardio exercises however, but place more emphasis on the weights programme

Posted By: IrishPride
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 6:47pm
How bad are pints with regards to putting on weight? 

-------------
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship

Posted By: soccerc
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by IrishPride IrishPride wrote:

How bad are pints with regards to putting on weight? 

Lethal!, even the so called 'lite' brews

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

A quick, 20 minute weights programme every day is the best way. Low weights, plenty of reps and fuk all breaks.

Don't ignore cardio exercises however, but place more emphasis on the weights programme

Better off going sprinting than for long jogs/runs as well I reckon.

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 7:07pm
Not feeling sorry for myself , im determined and for the time being at least injury free , so im cracking on , training twice a week , doing my own work too , by Christmas ill be fit as a fiddle , i'll defo be looking into the weights that gerk was talking about it !  

-------------
Why no wine??!

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 7:12pm
I said put on more weights. He said "there are no more". 

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 7:44pm

I dont put on too much weight but wouldnt mind losing a few pounds all the same, since the incident last christmas I have put on a stone! Eat ok but not exactly healthy as I am a very fussy eater but am getting a small bit better, dont enjoy running and gyms wreck my head, basically I am fuked and slowly but surely I will be the size of Peter Griffin! I also enjoy a few pints at the weekend which doesnt help.

Might look into the weights like Ger has mentioned but unless I am pushed to do these I really cant see it happening, does anyone do any classes which are worth recommending? Just something twice a week which I could get into?  
So in short I am unhealthy and going to be fat when I am older! Approve

Posted By: Honey Monster
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 7:48pm
I remember skinny Pat, he was sound Thumbs Up

You down at Mid Sutton?

-------------

Posted By: Ginzo
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 7:55pm

that move of office to dundrum has obviously brought you a bit too close to educogym with that comment it seems!

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Ginzo Ginzo wrote:

that move of office to dundrum has obviously brought you a bit too close to educogym with that comment it seems!

Did it a few years ago, really good it was

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by GreenTribe GreenTribe wrote:

Pack of women on here it will be fake tan and moisturisers next lol

I remember when blokes were blokes and had a vigorous scrubdown with a brillo pad during a cold shower and shaved with a cut throat razor. I remember when i ran 3 marathons in one day on 2 broken legs and 3 broken arms and i never complained. Blokes these days

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: soccerc
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 8:03pm

Lol Ginzo, can you see Gerk following the anti alcohol, pill popping, over priced carb powders promoted by them?

Posted By: Ginzo
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 8:05pm

Did it a few years ago, really good it was
i knew you had to have with that comment. i won a membership there,was quite good. altho once you know the method/intensity etc there is no reason you cant do it yourself in a normal,less pricey gym. 

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 4:33am
Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

Lol Ginzo, can you see Gerk following the anti alcohol, pill popping, over priced carb powders promoted by them?

Angry

I did do it, it was the springboard that has given me the body of a god I have todayThumbs Up

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 4:55am

Can be done but love my greesy food too much. If I put me mind to it I can do it. done it before when I was single for about 8 months, got down from 13 stone to 10.5. Although that also involved drinking from 6pm on a Friday - 11pm on a Sunday and only eating when I remembered to.

At a stage now where it is hard to find time to exercise, I don't eat as much sh*t but just don't have much time to hit the gym or play too much football. Might do as Gerk said and just do 15 minute high intensity weight session in the gaf. High intensity training for 15 minutes is supposedly better for losing weight then say 1 hour on a thread mill

Posted By: Barry
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 5:32am
i think im anorexic every morning when i look in the mirror i see a fat person

Posted By: ParkLife
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 7:12am
What about these kettlebell classes?? Any good?

Posted By: Percy
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 7:25am
What, if you don't mind me asking, in the name of jaysus is a kettlebell class?

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 7:44am
Kettleballs? They are so 2007. Its kettlesticks you want.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 8:25am
A mate of mine does a TRX* class. He does a 15 day body fat burn which in fairness has produced some unreal results.

*Its training using suspension bands focusing on using ones body weight to burn fat

-------------
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 8:28am

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 8:31am
You would almost swear that some of ye were professional footballers.

Who cares if you have a gut ffs!

Posted By: Lurleen Lumpkin
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 11:55am

Gaurenteed way of loosing weight - Eat less, exercise more. Honest it never failsConfused

-------------
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Lurleen Lumpkin Lurleen Lumpkin wrote:

Gaurenteed way of loosing weight - Eat less, exercise more. Honest it never failsConfused

I know. It's not rocket science. You should only worry this much about your body if you are contractually obliged to.

Posted By: The-Scientist
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 1:21pm
Eat less and sh*t more!

-------------
Just out of the Joy

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2011 at 4:48am
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

I remember skinny Pat, he was sound Thumbs Up

You down at Mid Sutton?
Of course ! Sure nobody else would have me ! Playing killester today , gonna get spanked ! LOL

-------------
Why no wine??!

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 2:04pm

Anyone got any decent work out plans for losing weight?

Planning on visiting the gym everyday for the next week or so hopefully, bored of my current work out which usually consists of -

Basic stretching

Treadmill for either 30 or 40 minutes

Sit ups for 5 minutes

a few free weights or shoulder weights on the machines for 10 or 15 mins, or else rowing for 10 mins.

i lost a bit of weight at the start but thats stopped the past few weeks, any advice welcome

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 2:38pm
If you do the same thing all the time your body will get use to it and then not burn as much calories.

You need to mix it up a bit,
I would advise to get a program off one of the instructors or get one of your mates to come along.
No better way to motivate yourself when your competing against your mate.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 2:44pm
There was this author of a alternative weight loss book on Tom Dunne teh other day. He said if you have a cold shower/bath first thing in the morning as a good tip. When the body is cold your metabolic rates speed up hugely. He said just by doing that, people have lost a good proportion of weight.

Also he said dont eat breakfast, instead have two black coffees!

Also blow up balloons as means of excercise. htere is an article about it here!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/dietandfitness/9359803/The-OMG-diet-as-silly-as-it-sounds.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/dietandfitness/9359803/The-OMG-diet-as-silly-as-it-sounds.html

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Posted By: Black Knee Stevie
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 2:52pm
My problem is gaining weight. Whats the best stuff to take? 

Any of yiz take any pre workout stims like Jack3d, 1MR, HyperFX? Jaysus they blow the head off ya ( and leave ya with a dick that could kango through a wall), but they also speed up your metabolism and make ya lose weight 

-------------
It is not just a simple game, it is a weapon of the revolution

Posted By: WindBag
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 3:07pm
Losing weight is entirely mental....

Disipline to train
disipline to diet
discipline to keep the routine......

All mental....if you want it bad enough...

Posted By: kevjreilly
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 3:11pm
I was the same till I started doing the classes in the gym about 2-3 years ago. I found them to be the best way of loosing weight, spinning, boxercise.. there is a new thing that a few mates I know did called hot yoga, it is meant to be very intense. its just basically streching but in the most intense heat. It sounds girly but I know  a few lads who cant even last 10 mins in the class.

I always found doing an intense 20-30 mins session is far better than running on a treadmill for an hour.

-------------
Read it 3 times before posting

Posted By: daboi89
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Black Knee Stevie Black Knee Stevie wrote:

My problem is gaining weight. Whats the best stuff to take? 

Any of yiz take any pre workout stims like Jack3d , 1MR, HyperFX? Jaysus they blow the head off ya ( and leave ya with a dick that could kango through a wall), but they also speed up your metabolism and make ya lose weight 

Had to stop taking it. Used to hit the gym at 7ish after work in the evening and its incredible stuff for in the gym, it leaves ya shaking til about 2am after.

Posted By: heighway2heaven
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 6:13pm
Took No Xplode a few times and it was like taking whizz. No thanks. I don't like feeling like my heart is gonna jump outta my chest cavity 4 hours after a workout.Confused

-------------
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif

Posted By: theheff1989
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 10:32pm
Poland = beer and fast food has put me about a stone and a half over weight, first night of pre season was not good tonight.Dead

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Poland = beer and fast food has put me about a stone and a half over weight, first night of pre season was not good tonight.Dead

Think I managed to Loose weight

Posted By: deco911
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

i lost weight in poland too

Posted By: theheff1989
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 4:26pm

Fair play I bloody didnt Unhappy

Posted By: kimbap
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 4:57pm

I lost a sh*t load of weight by eating only once a day.No conscious choice or anything just don't eat much when drinking.I was on a major month long piss up in Canada last summer and lost more than a stone in the same way.Very unhealthy and put in back on straight awayCry
Trying to keep the weight down by swimming every few days and just not eating junk since i came back,seems to be working.

Posted By: Bandwagonboyo
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 8:08pm

Don't ignore cardio exercises however, but place moree emphasis on the weights programme

Exactly this. Got married last year and went from 14 and a half stone to under 12 in four months by keeping to a very similar program. Swapped the beer for vodka

Posted By: ShayGivensBum
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 10:09pm
Lost about a stone about a year and a half ago by eating every two hours in really small amounts. Obviously the food I was eating was healthy. I also stayed away from drink for about a month. I am going to do it again in a few weeks so I can lose weight before an operation I have to have as ill be out of action for a good while after it and ill prob pile on the weight. I am also giving up cigarettes so ill really have to be good with my diet then. I exercised everyday for for an hour for 2 weeks with my friend that is a personal trainer when I was on this diet and lost about 10 pounds in those two weeks and the rest of the weight in the weeks following it. Its the best diet ever imo as you are never starving and you dont have to cut out a massive amount of food either. 

Posted By: M.50
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 10:11pm
Slimming World, if you wanna lose weight Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

Lost about a stone about a year and a half ago by eating every two hours in really small amounts. Obviously the food I was eating was healthy. I also stayed away from drink for about a month. I am going to do it again in a few weeks so I can lose weight before an operation I have to have as ill be out of action for a good while after it and ill prob pile on the weight. I am also giving up cigarettes so ill really have to be good with my diet then. I exercised everyday for for an hour for 2 weeks with my friend that is a personal trainer when I was on this diet and lost about 10 pounds in those two weeks and the rest of the weight in the weeks following it. Its the best diet ever imo as you are never starving and you dont have to cut out a massive amount of food either. 

Are you still not off the smokes? LOL

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: cm79
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 10:22pm
I train about 3 or 4 times a week and get my routine changed every 6 weeks, I would get bored doing the same thing all the time.

I also take CLAs, BCAAs, Green Tea tablets and L-Carnitine (all for recovery and weight loss)

There is some really good information and motivation on bodybuilding.com

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Are you still not off the smokes? LOL

Unfortunately not but I have to now, no choice. I put on a stone the last time I gave them up but obviously giving them up is the better option than having a bit of weight on.

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by cm79 cm79 wrote:

I train about 3 or 4 times a week and get my routine changed every 6 weeks, I would get bored doing the same thing all the time.

I also take CLAs, BCAAs, Green Tea tablets and L-Carnitine (all for recovery and weight loss)

Have you always done this or did you just start recently to lose weight ??

Posted By: M.50
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 10:26pm
Foods that assists and speed up slimming:

Strawberries, Melons (any type), baked beans, passata, blackberriers, raspberries + a handful of others Wink

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 10:28pm

No better motivation that looking in the mirror Embarrassed.

WTF are these bad boys CLAs and BCAAs?

What do you do in the gym?

My mate that I went with has now emigrated and I tend to slack off when working out in my own.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 6:20am

My mate that I went with has now emigrated and I tend to slack off when working out in my own.

Cla's are Conjugated linoleic acids . Considered a Weight Loss Supplement. Know several people who have tried them

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 8:22am

Have you always done this or did you just start recently to lose weight ??
I was in a few different gyms on and off over the last few years but didnt really stick with them.

Last September I got a shock when I weighed myself and saw I was 15 stone, I just decided there and then I was going to lose weight.

At the start of the year I was planning my trip to Poland and that was good motivation for sticking at it, I ended up losing a stone and a half.

If I can do it anyone can do it anyone can do it, you just have to set a few short term and long term goals and stick at it.

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 9:49am

LOL

BCAAs are Branch Chain Amino Acids

I do a mix of cardio and weights, circuit training is great for losing weight.

I could pm you my routine later if you wanted to see it.

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 10:24am

LOL

BCAAs are Branch Chain Amino Acids

I do a mix of cardio and weights, circuit training is great for losing weight.

I could pm you my routine later if you wanted to see it.

Yeah go for it Clap

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: Polcia
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 2:20pm
I think that most important is regular training and well balanced diet.

Jogging improves condition, stamina, you loose your weight at beggining, but then you have to increase the distance or speed if you want to keep the effect, because your body is getting used to it.
If you want to loose weight, then optimal Heart Rate during jogging (and other cardio exercises) is about 70-75% of your maximal HR (maxHR= 220-age). It generally means that you can run and talk to a friend at the same time without getting shortness of breath. But pulsometer is a great stuff, very helpful and not very expensive.

Two years ago I was jogging 3-4 times a week, whole training was taking about 2h (30 min fast walking, 60min jogging, 30 min fast walking - and I was gradually increasing time of running), plus I was having some exercises at home (crunches, some push-ups, jumping jacks, etc.).
I was in great shape then, I have to start my training again, because I put on weight lately... it's not much, but I'm short, so every kilogram up and down is easy to notice.

That guy has good tutorials about doing exercises properly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmYwZH_BNd0&feature=list_other&playnext=1&list=SP5D4FDA5D308D70EC" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmYwZH_BNd0&feature=list_other&playnext=1&list=SP5D4FDA5D308D70EC

You won't loose weight without diet!
Beer is very fattening, it has high glycemic index (sugar level in blood rises very fast and then is lowering very fast too - that promotes the formation of adipose tissue). Generally alcohol is not helping...
You should limit eating saturated fatty acids and replace them by unsaturated fatty acid, avoid sweets and eat much more vegetables and composed carbohydrates - like
wholemeal bread (instead of wheat bread), etc...

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 5:37pm
A few lads have sent me pms looking for the routine I used so just going to post it here and ye can take a look at.

Monday:
5 minute cardio warmup
20 squat jumps on a box
20 Leg Curls on the Leg Curl Machine
20 Reps of Mountain Climbs
20 Reps of a Plank with Row
20 steps of Walking Lunges
20 Basic Ab Curls
x3

Tuesday
5 minute warmup
12 minutes walking on the treadmill at a fast pace, alternate each minute with an incline
12 minutes on an exercise bike going slow one minute and fast the next
various ab exercises

Wednesday is a repeat of Monday

Thursday:
10 minute warmup
20 split squats
20 leg curls
20 dips
20 biceps curls
20 push ups
x3

Friday is a repeat of Monday

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 1:20pm
Do you reckon you have to actually go to the gym a few times a week or would a 30 minute walk/run around the park etc have the same effect as the gym would? Is it just about getting your heart rate up in general or do certain types of exercise work better ?? 

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 1:41pm
A great way to lose body fat is the Fartlek Method of running. 

Basically it is walk, jog, sprint. Eg. walk for 30 seconds, jog for 30 and sprint for 30. Alter the times according to your level of fitness.

Alternatively, go for a few FB (Fat Burn) runs although when I was at Longford they were called the Fat Bastard runs. The FB runs we done were 8 minute runs just above jogging pace but below half pace. Because you are working at the lower end of your heart rate scale, the more fat you will burn. 

-------------

Gary Speed 1969-2011

Posted By: Peake
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 3:45pm

Do you reckon you have to actually go to the gym a few times a week or would a 30 minute walk/run around the park etc have the same effect as the gym would? Is it just about getting your heart rate up in general or do certain types of exercise work better ?? 

Weights over everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNQ-hN_AAJY" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNQ-hN_AAJY

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 4:04pm
Anyone have any programmes for tonning and putting on muscle? If you do or know any good ones could you pm me please? 

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Peake Peake wrote:

Weights over everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNQ-hN_AAJY" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNQ-hN_AAJY

Jaysus. I just wanna lose a few pounds not turn into a body builder.

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

A great way to lose body fat is the Fartlek Method of running. <div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

Basically it is walk, jog, sprint. Eg. walk for 30 seconds, jog for 30 and sprint for 30. Alter the times according to your level of fitness.

Alternatively, go for a few FB (Fat Burn) runs although when I was at Longford they were called the Fat Bastard runs. The FB runs we done were 8 minute runs just above jogging pace but below half pace. Because you are working at the lower end of your heart rate scale, the more fat you will burn. 

the 1 min walk,then Jog, then Sprint is serious for weight loss.

Its not easy tho

Few Boys from Longford Playing in the MDL now

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 1:49pm

Originally posted by Peake Peake wrote:

Weights over everything.

Jaysus. I just wanna lose a few pounds not turn into a body builder.
It takes years of training and dedication to turn into a bodybuilder , you could always get to a certain point and just keep changing what you do to maintain the way you look when you reach your goal target Thumbs Up

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 10:19am

Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

A great way to lose body fat is the Fartlek Method of running. <div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

the 1 min walk,then Jog, then Sprint is serious for weight loss.

Its not easy tho

Few Boys from Longford Playing in the MDL now

How long would u do each work out for?
What other exercises would you do before or after the interval running? weights, rowing or anything??

was doing a 30 minute run on the treadmill on Monday, just at steady pace but for the last 8 mins i did 1 min jog  then 1 min sprint
did 12 mins last nite of 1 min jog 1 min sprint

its a lot tougher and you feel better after it than just doing a boring long run at steady pace.

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 10:39am
Started training yesterday with my friend who is a personal trainer. I think it was the first time I didnt have a cigarette driving to the gym and one driving home, felt great. Am so unfit though could hardly do anything hopefully by the end of the couple of weeks training with him ill be better. 9 days off the smokes and counting Big smile Saving ridicules money too its great.

Posted By: Hoosay
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 10:49am
A great way to lose weight is to work from home for the Olympics.

I haven't had a decent packet of crisps in days Cry

Posted By: Peter J. Russellroff
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 11:29am
Women thinking they'll turn into a body builder if they do weights is a completely ignorant opinion. Weights tone up fat faster than walking around the local park. FACT.

-------------

Posted By: fochie
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 12:37pm
Big smileLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

LOLLOL

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Peter J. Russellroff Peter J. Russellroff wrote:

Women thinking they'll turn into a body builder if they do weights is a completely ignorant opinion. Weights tone up fat faster than walking around the local park. FACT.

Surely cardio is better for weight loss than weights, no ??

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 1:53pm
Weights will do it quicker but to be honest you would need to be doing both weights & cardio. Just cardio isn't that great really. Weights are good for toning up & looking defined. It's understandable why women avoid weights but they have to be done.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 1:58pm

Weights will do it quicker but to be honest you would need to be doing both weights & cardio. Just cardio isn't that great really. Weights are good for toning up & looking defined. It's understandable why women avoid weights but they have to be done.

My friend had me doing both today. Kettlebells and I could only manage 20 times over my head with a 8kg weight but I did it 3 times so I suppose its not all bad for my first time training in 2 years. Its hard work this cardio and weight business but I feel great since I started yesterday. Gonna go on a walk up to the hell fire club tomorrow so I will probably be found dead on the side of the mountain come tomorrow evening.

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 2:01pm

you cannot tone up fat and you cannot turn fat into muscle

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 2:03pm
Good to see Irish women working out. Keep it up. First few times doing kettle bells will hurt but you'll notice your body change after 4 or 5 sessions.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

you cannot tone up fat and you cannot turn fat into muscle

You know what I mean.

-------------

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 2:05pm
well a lot of people actually believe you can turn fat into muscle

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 2:15pm

I lost 2 kilos in 3 days last week. I limited my calorie intake to 1000 per day, walked 16k at a decent pace over Monday and Tuesday and played flag football on Monday and Wednesday.  Then i sprained my ankle Cry

The 1000 calories a day is easy when you eat the right stuff. Lots of Fibre and filling foods. Those Knorr Snack Soups are quality, they're only about 100-130 calories and fill you up nicely.

Dont mind all those health people, starving yourself and exercise is the best way. I lost 6 kilos in a week last year and then for the other 51 weeks I got to eat and drink like a king until i got back up to 70 kilos this year and decided to lose it again. It was only injury that prevented me doing 6 kilos in a week again.

-------------
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 2:35pm
SGB... Are you looking to lose weight to impress more lads on away trips. Sausy & AntrimGuy won't be happy with that :-)

-------------

Posted By: AntrimMan
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 2:46pm

SGB... Are you looking to lose weight to impress more lads on away trips. Sausy & AntrimGuy won't be happy with that :-)

I have my own weight to worry about after 2 weeks drinking in Poland!

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 2:53pm
Are you going to try and shed a few more pounds to impress SGB? You might have a bit of completion from Sausy though

-------------

Posted By: AntrimMan
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 2:59pm

Are you going to try and shed a few more pounds to impress SGB? You might have a bit of completion from Sausy though

Absolutely Peter. I've wrapped myself in cling film, turned up the heating and started furiously masterbating. I'll be skinny in no time Thumbs Up

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 5:05pm

There's the petey we know and love

I wish this was the reason. Unfortunately I've to have pretty big surgery In September and have been advised to be as fit as possible so I can recover quicker

Antrim man you should try lose weight to impress sausy :-p

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 5:06pm
Not that you need to or anything AM

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 5:12pm
What's flag football LD?

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 5:14pm
On behalf of all of YBIG, as I'm one of the best forum contributers on here. I'd like to wish you the best of luck with your fitness & surgery.

-------------

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 5:18pm

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

What's flag football LD?

Its the American football version of Tag Rugby. I'm a demon Cornerback Cool

-------------
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 5:19pm
Anyone looking to lose weight rapidly.....take BSM for driving lessons..,,.I'm pretty sure you would shed a stone after two lessons

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 5:23pm

On behalf of all of YBIG, as I'm one of the best forum contributers on here. I'd like to wish you the best of luck with your fitness & surgery.
Biggest forum **** on here

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

What's flag football LD?

Its the American football version of Tag Rugby. I'm a demon Cornerback Cool

Sounds the job,nearly time for the YBIG tag rugby to return to training

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 5:27pm

Biggest forum **** on here

BSM you're a strong man. How often do you lift weights & how heavy are they?

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 5:31pm
It's all natural strength ,never been in a gym or lifted weights
I've 10inch biceps

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 5:35pm

It's all natural strength ,never been in a gym or lifted weights
I've 10inch biceps