You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Top 5 gigs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 10:02am
BP
If you are not into moshing and being covered in beer best to avoid being upfront Big smile
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

BP
If you are not into moshing and being covered in beer best to avoid being upfront Big smile

Is there any other way to attend a gig? Wink

At Fontaines DC in December a few songs in and I was in the pit, great craic Clap
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 1:59pm
I'll be seeing them in June. Great to have a couple of young Dublin bands making waves.
cullenswood View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cullenswood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by RoyD RoyD wrote:

2 great gigs that spring to mind were in the big top in the Phoenix park, when they were doing up the point. Acrade fire and Ian Brown. Other than those gigs, the boss man in Nowlan park.

Saw Arcade Fire here, it was indeed class
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 10:53pm
rage against the machine at electric f**king picnic. What a f**king waste. f**king noodle eating craft beer drinking fancy f**king welly boot wearing daisy chain in my hair wearing f**kers who dont go to gigs unless its f**king kodalien or ed f**king Sheeran wont have a bean what's going on. What a f**king waste!!!!! 

Edited by drog addict - 10 Feb 2020 at 10:56pm
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

rage against the machine at electric f**king picnic. What a f**king waste. f**king noodle eating craft beer drinking fancy f**king welly boot wearing daisy chain in my hair wearing f**kers wint have a bean what's going on. What a f**king waste!!!!!

+10000000000
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 10:57pm

rage against the machine at electric f**king picnic. What a f**king waste. f**king noodle eating craft beer drinking fancy f**king welly boot wearing daisy chain in my hair wearing f**kers who dont go to gigs unless its f**king kodalien or ed f**king Sheeran wont have a bean what's going on. What a f**king waste!!!!! 
I like you, we should be friends.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 11:38pm
f**k it anyway.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 11:44pm
Ah jesus, what a f*cking anticlimax
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 12:01am
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Ah jesus, what a f*cking anticlimax
Poland or a f**king festival! Left wing ****s! 
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 9:06am

My sentiments exactly Dead
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 10:40am
It's a load of sh*te alright. Best gig I was ever at too. Even if it weren't sold out I could put up with it to see Rage. Instead it will be 50k people who will be shouting after every song to play Killing in the Name of
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 11:02am

Have you ever been? I go every year, have done for over 10 years. Live local so its handy and what you've described covers about 5% of the crowd. It's a brilliant festival, something for everyone there
Some people just deserve a slap
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Have you ever been? I go every year, have done for over 10 years. Live local so its handy and what you've described covers about 5% of the crowd. It's a brilliant festival, something for everyone there

Was brilliant 10 years ago, gone to sh*t now. Increased capacity yet again for this year when some of the crowds last year was a disgrace, 35K crowd 10 years ago and it will be 70k this year, and i don't think the site is even any bigger. Body and Soul have pulled out of this years picnic because of the direction it's going, and they're starting to really target to a much younger "rave" crowd much more than they ever have before, will never be going again after a fairly bad experience last year.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 11:24am

A quick look at the lineup from last year would suggest he is correct!
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 11:30am
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Was brilliant 10 years ago, gone to sh*t now. Increased capacity yet again for this year when some of the crowds last year was a disgrace, 35K crowd 10 years ago and it will be 70k this year, and i don't think the site is even any bigger. Body and Soul have pulled out of this years picnic because of the direction it's going, and they're starting to really target to a much younger "rave" crowd much more than they ever have before, will never be going again after a fairly bad experience last year.
Agree 100% about the crowd. There were too many there last year and the crowds around the main stage when the big acts finished up were dangerous. The site was bigger last year though as they moved a campsite but they made a huge mistake including the Salty Dog area in the main arena instead of leaving it was it was for all the years before. The crowd has changed a lot down through the years and it is much younger. The younger crowd have Longitude but there's no camping there and that seems to be a huge part for that age group.

PM - Agree about the lineup but was responding more to the type of crowd. Look, like everything it has its flaws and there's definitely areas where it can improve but its a great weekend with something for everyone which is why it keeps selling out

Some people just deserve a slap
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 1:51pm
looking at booking Reading. Anyone been? 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

A quick look at the lineup from last year would suggest he is correct!

I would have loved to have gone in the early years as they had great acts at it but couldn't due to work. No interest going over the past 8 years as I've heard that it's more of a posers festival with pricks who go on about it for weeks but only talked about the culinary delights and the craft beers that were fermented in a badgers ballsack with no mention of the music which I dont blame them as the line up has been utter sh*te during this time.

Edited by drog addict - 11 Feb 2020 at 1:59pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic