You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Tonights Goinn to be a good night' Tuesday ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Poll Question: Should we play this at the final whistle on Tuesday?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
25 [30.12%]
58 [69.88%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:06pm
I'm just thinking.......why do we need ANY music at the end anyhow?  When we're on away trips, we just have a singsong in our section if/when we're held back to let the home country fans piss off.  Tomorrow night the place will be rocking anyhow when the final whistle goes, we should just wing it and sing our fookin voices hoarse in celebration. 

Edited by FREEWHEELER - 14 Nov 2011 at 5:07pm
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Sponsored Links

brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:16pm
Personally i hate the BEP But since Paris everytime i have heard that song its burned a hole in my head, those French ***ts, Final Whistle tomorrow night tonights gonna be a and then here comes the good timesApprove
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:18pm
That fookin tune is back in my head now since I replied and I can't poxy get rid of it, God I hate it so much. Angry
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:19pm
Rockin' all over the world
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
athlonecelt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:24pm
The amount of genuinely classic songs that could be played and
Go West takes over. It totally cuts off the singing section from the rest of the grounds and it goes on for ages. Its normally as the lads go into a huddle. What must it be like to be in that huddle and listening to Go West life is peaceful there. Absolute bolloxology.
They should be playing bits of songs and running through them quickly.

eg imagine the chilling voice of Luke Kelly, with no background music being played as he sang 'o ro se do bheatha Bhaile' to which we all join in. Just repeat the chorus twice.
Onto puttem under pressure
and A MUST is now 'I just cant get enough'
Im not gone on Fiesta, but enough on here love it so thumbs up.

But for Irish people to need 'Go West' to get us going is sad.

WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:27pm

FW is right, no music needed.... at the aways games we usually sing our own tunes etc...

have to say though, in Talinn on Fri night  listening to 'Tonights gonna be a good night'...brilliant craic!!

brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:30pm
This is not an away game lads, This will be the first time we will ever have qualified at home so some music is needed! Anyway its already sorted
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
Chopper 76 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper 76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:38pm

I dont care if its played tomorrow tbh, over paris now and the french ****s. Its going to be a good night anyway.

Chopra Gunner View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopra Gunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by dingoxh dingoxh wrote:

Originally posted by Tuff Paddy Tuff Paddy wrote:

I just can't wait for tannoy man to squak all over the end, probably as we're attacking - "there are 3 minutes of added time" or some sort of rubbish. 

Is this the man we are all talking about?  http://declanking.com/index.htm

I notice his stadium link isn't working LOL

Jasus, his voice makes him sound about 25 years younger... very Derek Mooney-like.
What are you looking at?
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by Il Trap Il Trap wrote:

Thumbs Down Our first major success in ten years should not be emphasised or defined by what that slithery fook did against us in what was an absolute nightmare. Playing the song doesn't banish the demons either. I don't get the growing (almost clichéd at this stage!) sentiment that qualification this time makes up for missing out on the WC. Don't get me wrong, I'm over the moon about the Euros. I'll probably be close to tears when (hopefully) its confirmed on Tues. But our lads and the fans deserved to be in SA last summer at the greatest show on earth - and could have done quite well.

That bitterness and regret of having been cheated will always be there to an extent and that stupid song will forever be a reminder.

Well said - and yes, it's a f**king godawful song anyway
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

I'm just thinking.......why do we need ANY music at the end anyhow?  When we're on away trips, we just have a singsong in our section if/when we're held back to let the home country fans piss off.  Tomorrow night the place will be rocking anyhow when the final whistle goes, we should just wing it and sing our fookin voices hoarse in celebration. 

I hear you sport, it's a fairly sh*te song too
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 6:00pm
What is the playlist ????.
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
GingerPele View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GingerPele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 6:07pm
Lads, I remember being in tears behind the goal in the stade de france when they were playing that f*cking song, but i heard this hilarious version by Paul Gogarty on republic of telly tonight and its actually helped me gain some sort of closure, the song has no dignity anymore 
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iulrGbzkRTw
If you can't follow the link type "paul gogarty i gotta feeling" into youtube. 
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 6:29pm
Bump
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Fubar Bhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fubar Bhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 8:53pm
Turn off the music and let players hear our songs and singing. All the other talk of tannic music is crap. Just put mic by the singing section. Nothing else required. It's a fcuking football match after all.
My Team, My Club, My Country
Peter View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Iced Gem

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 9:13pm
Thumbs Up
Tea???? FECK!!!!!
dingoxh View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingoxh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 1:30am
Originally posted by athlonecelt athlonecelt wrote:

The amount of genuinely classic songs that could be played and
Go West takes over. It totally cuts off the singing section from the rest of the grounds and it goes on for ages. Its normally as the lads go into a huddle. What must it be like to be in that huddle and listening to Go West life is peaceful there. Absolute bolloxology.
They should be playing bits of songs and running through them quickly.

eg imagine the chilling voice of Luke Kelly, with no background music being played as he sang 'o ro se do bheatha Bhaile' to which we all join in. Just repeat the chorus twice.

But for Irish people to need 'Go West' to get us going is sad.

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Well said!  and here's to O ro se do bheath abhaile!
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 1:44am
sh*t song. If we are going to play anything at the end, let it be an Irish song at least.
Not some chart music drivel.
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic