Print Page | Close Window

'Tonights Goinn to be a good night' Tuesday ??

Printed From: You Boys in Green
Category: International
Forum Name: Republic Of Ireland
Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=34049
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 5:40am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 'Tonights Goinn to be a good night' Tuesday ??
Posted By: Citizen
Subject: 'Tonights Goinn to be a good night' Tuesday ??
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 9:55am
I think we should play it, perfect way to banish all the demons from Paris

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Replies:
Posted By: clody
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 9:56am
Yeh I think so too, I might actually start liking that song again

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:01am
Song brings Angry and a Cry to my eye.

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:02am
they were belting it out in this tiny bar in Tallinn after the game, packed full of fans, place hopping....has to be done

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Posted By: EkimehtZim
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:04am
+1 Lansdowne will be rocking if this gets played. Who is going to stand there and cry on Tue night thinking of Paris if they hear it Disapprove Christ sake

Posted By: greenforever
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:05am
ye i taught when it came on, revenge is a desert best served cold, could we get a Thierry Henry lookalike to sing it in the middle of the pitch Wink

-------------
I know nothing :-)

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:08am

I hate that song anyhow, Paris just worsens it for me, sorry now.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: Humpy Gussy
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:10am

Thumbs Down Our first major success in ten years should not be emphasised or defined by what that slithery fook did against us in what was an absolute nightmare. Playing the song doesn't banish the demons either. I don't get the growing (almost clichéd at this stage!) sentiment that qualification this time makes up for missing out on the WC. Don't get me wrong, I'm over the moon about the Euros. I'll probably be close to tears when (hopefully) its confirmed on Tues. But our lads and the fans deserved to be in SA last summer at the greatest show on earth - and could have done quite well.

That bitterness and regret of having been cheated will always be there to an extent and that stupid song will forever be a reminder.

-------------
'Joxer Goes to Poznan' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEjtiJ9udkM

Posted By: irelandshirts
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:10am
Did you ever go out with someone and you had "your song".That one song that always reminded you of each other?Where ever,when ever you are and you here it you are stopped dead in your tracks and the memories come flooding back?It can only be special for one person and no matter how hard you try with a new flame it cant be the same song?

That song is Paris.Always will be.We will "exorcise the demons" of the robbery in saint dennis on tuesday night(well im defo drinking spirits anyway!) if we qualify but that song regardless of what happens on tuesday will stop me dead in my tracks and i will always turn it f**king off the second i hear it!!LOL

-------------
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Posted By: Metal Paul
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Il Trap Il Trap wrote:

Thumbs Down Our first major success in ten years should not be emphasised or defined by what that slithery fook did against us in what was an absolute nightmare. Playing the song doesn't banish the demons either. I don't get the growing (almost clichéd at this stage!) sentiment that qualification this time makes up for missing out on the WC. Don't get me wrong, I'm over the moon about the Euros. I'll probably be close to tears when (hopefully) its confirmed on Tues. But our lads and the fans deserved to be in SA last summer at the greatest show on earth - and could have done quite well.

That bitterness and regret of having been cheated will always be there to an extent and that stupid song will forever be a reminder.
+1  

-------------
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."

Posted By: Trapped
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:17am
Still just brings back bad memories i think. They played it after Dublin won the All-Ireland and i didn't like it then, despite the buzz i was on.

-------------
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:20am
Fiesta by the Pogues or Put Em Under Pressure. Keep it simple and familiar. Depeche Mode at some stage would be great aswell.

-------------

Posted By: soccerc
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:30am
In 1987, it was Gary McKay for Scotland away to Bulgaria who qualified us for Euro88.

John Aldridge stepped up in Malta in 1989 to sent us to Italia 90.

A certain Alan McLaughlin silenced the bigots in Belfast 1993 to see qualification for USA'94

In 2001 a 2-0 win at home over Iran menat their one goal late in the second leg meant nothing and off we went to Japan Korea in 2002.

We've never qualified for a major championship on home ground and if it's "Tonight's gonna be a good time",  "Fiesta", " Put em under pressure" or whatever song is blasted out once we qualify I couldn't give a rats arse.  If I've a tear in my eye at 21:40 I couldn;t give a rats arse either.

The point is when we qualify it will be on our own turf and let's just celebrate and enjoy the moment.

Just saying............

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:30am

Fiesta by the Pogues or Put Em Under Pressure. Keep it simple and familiar. Depeche Mode at some stage would be great aswell.

Shocking song , its so f**king sh*t i hate when it comes on up in The Aviva Angry

Put Em Under Pressure is quality!! Depeche Mode "i just cant get enough" is a no no because it has links to Celtic unless you want lads to riot LOL

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: Guf10
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:34am
Play itThumbs Up

-------------
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Shocking song , its so f**king sh*t i hate when it comes on up in The Aviva Angry

Put Em Under Pressure is quality!! Depeche Mode "i just cant get enough" is a no no because it has links to Celtic unless you want lads to riot LOL

LOL

-------------

Posted By: tonyjaa
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:39am
nope, awful song , im gutted they split up actually , it means 4 fecking awful solo careers

Posted By: Tuff Paddy
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 11:11am
I just can't wait for tannoy man to squak all over the end, probably as we're attacking - "there are 3 minutes of added time" or some sort of rubbish. 

-------------
Waka waka hey hey, we're in Armenia!

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 11:12am
Put it on but throw Put em under pressure on before it!

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: walsheman
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 11:15am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

yeah exactly

-------------
Going To The Euro's,Poland and Ukraine 2012 HO HO!!!!

twitter.......@walsheman

Posted By: Mr Marbles
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 11:27am
Hate that song

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by walsheman walsheman wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

yeah exactly

+1

Posted By: Conor Messi
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 12:20pm
The Pogues - Fiesta Beer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkQlhvPBckU - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkQlhvPBckU

-------------
@MessiConor
Hasta La Victoria Siempre

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 12:21pm
Yep gank tune but playing it puts the whole thing to bed once and for all

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: erimus
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 12:26pm
Better not be played

Let the people singThumbs Up

-------------
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

Better not be played

Let the people singThumbs Up

wake up and smell the coffee will ya

-------------

twitter.......@walsheman

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 12:40pm
100% fiesta for me, Irish party music at it finest, the place would hoping.

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Posted By: Fubar Bhoy
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 12:44pm
One song at the end and then turn it off and let players and trap hear the fans singin on lap of pitch. Would be great to have mic over the singing section

-------------
My Team, My Club, My Country

Posted By: AndyMc
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 12:50pm
Lads it makes NO difference what they play because the PA is sh*t ! We never hear any of the songs !

-------------
Simon: No-one brings a bag of sh*t to a pub

Jay: Your dad does

Simon: Does he?

Jay: Yeah, your mum

Posted By: finnanselbow
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 12:53pm
No fookin way, sh*te song as it is without the Paris connection

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 12:57pm
Play it , it will be played to death in Poland anyway

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 1:03pm
If Roger says play it then just get it played

Posted By: MintBerryCrunch
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 1:08pm
Holds bad memories always make me think of Paris, can we all just not make our own nosie instead of some sh*te song like that 

Posted By: seaniemac
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 1:17pm
Was thinking this last night but knew it would split people on here.
I think we should play it. I was at Paris and hated football and that song for ages afterwards, didn't even bother going up to see United play Bolton the following weekend in Old Trafford. However, I got over it and started going back to games at OT. I was at a friend's wedding in Rome about eight months after Paris and they played it, I got over it and started dancing. Whatever your opinion of the song or even the band, it's a good song to get the crowd reaction. 
Also think only people who were at Paris should have an opinion on it as that is the reason Citizen is asking. If you weren't at Paris and just hate the song, that's a different thing altogether.

Posted By: Slim Pickings
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 1:19pm
Think it'd be a great idea to play this but only after the match is over. Not in the build up to it. Put em under pressure should defo be played as the last song right before kick off.

Surely being reminded of France will make this qualification all the sweeter. I was in Paris that night and I feel as cheated as any other fan and this song does bring back bad memories but the best way to get over that is to play it when we qualify! Next time you remember it will bring back good memories!!

Thumbs Up

-------------
Your Ad Here

Posted By: irish boogie
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 1:43pm
I think we have to look at it differently and not take it personally , If its thought of as a great anthem to get the stadium rocking then it should be used we have to remember we are running the gogreen campaign and are bigging up the atmosphere on the night. Personally id rather an Irish song instead but apart from Put em under presure im not sure we have a song like Tonights gona be a good night that majority of crowd will know ?

-------------
Thank You Torun and Tyskie

Posted By: darragh1888
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 2:59pm
I hope that it isn't played but unfortunately I think they will

Fiesta all the way!!! 

-------------
"26 + 6 = 1, No Surrender"

Posted By: KILCRUISE
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 3:03pm
do not play, surely we can do better. fiesta sounds a good suggestion.  or simply some more put them under pressure

-------------
may the road rise to meet you but make sure it does not slap you in the face

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 3:08pm
Seriously how does anyone like Fiesta its so f**king sh*t LOL

We're on the one road , Put em under pressure or The Fields of Athenry

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: daffyp
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 3:29pm
Queen " we are the champions"

Posted By: soccerc
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 3:31pm
or Jump Around from House of Pain 

Posted By: Jbyrne
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 3:43pm
can we not just let the fans sing in celebration??? why does the atmosphere have to be staged all the time?

if something has to be played then it should be the one football song certain to get the place hoping... put em under pressure.

Posted By: boywonder
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 3:47pm
FIESTA!!!!!!

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 3:51pm
Fiesta is absolute shocking

Posted By: jamesOjod
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 3:53pm
Bollox to that song lads Thumbs Down

Fiesta would be quality!

-------------
OOHH AHH...

Posted By: Stoked Up
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 3:55pm
Couldn't care less if it's played or not, but would reckon this would go down far better;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQJmg9KmQls - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQJmg9KmQls

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

or Jump Around from House of Pain 

This, I like. Go with it.

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Posted By: The Count
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 4:12pm
Playlist is sorted lads ClapClapClap

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 4:12pm
What's on it or is it a surprise like

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 4:16pm
whats on it ???Smile.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 4:24pm
What's on it Count?

Posted By: Ciano316
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 4:28pm
Please don't play this sh*te. Play Fiesta, it will get everyone going...

-------------
I Love Loft.
twitter - @Ciano316

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 4:29pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CfzB5qsNOo - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CfzB5qsNOo

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 6:03pm
Hope it's not played tbh. I despise the song since Paris and if I was able to make the game on Tuesday it would actually ruin the moment if they played that garbage at FT

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 6:04pm
Jaysus lads move on
Were going to the Euros,leave the past behind

-------------

Posted By: dingoxh
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 1:16am
Hi Lads,

First time posting here but have been going to games for a while now and have few Qs and thoughts about the whole PA/songs thing.

Does anyone know why in the name of god do they play "Go West" by the Pet Shop Boys just before kick off?  It does nothing for me or for what I can see any of the other supporters around me. 

Also, against Armenia, they decided to play "put em under pressure" as the backround to a montage on the big screen just before kick off but then changed the music just as the crowd was getting into it.

Then after the game, they played "put em under pressure" just as everyone was going out of stadium and players were down the tunnel. 

What in the hell is going trough mthe minds of the people that decide this musical "strategy"?  They coud really get the crowd fired up if they were a bit more savvy with their musical choices. 

Posted By: Del-Piero
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 4:13am
I wasn't in Paris, and can't remember when they played it after that game. Those moments I've happily wiped from my memory

But for the love of jesus, the song is horrific! we have plenty of more suitable ones to play other than crap

-------------
I don't quite see how you cherish the memory of the dead by killing another million. And, this is not combat, it's an act of lunacy, General Sir.

Personally, I think you're a f**king idiot.

Posted By: TBWRA
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 4:35am

In 1987, it was Gary McKay for Scotland away to Bulgaria who qualified us for Euro88.

A certain Alan McLaughlin silenced the bigots in Belfast 1993 to see qualification for USA'94

In 2001 a 2-0 win at home over Iran menat their one goal late in the second leg meant nothing and off we went to Japan Korea in 2002.

We've never qualified for a major championship on home ground and if it's "Tonight's gonna be a good time",  "Fiesta", " Put em under pressure" or whatever song is blasted out once we qualify I couldn't give a rats arse.  If I've a tear in my eye at 21:40 I couldn;t give a rats arse either.

The point is when we qualify it will be on our own turf and let's just celebrate and enjoy the moment.

Just saying............

ClapClapClap

-------------
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:17am

Just saying............

Gospel JB , the could play God save the Queen and it wouldn stop the party  Big smile

Posted By: domo
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:35am
[QUOTE=dingoxh]Hi Lads,

First time posting here but have been going to games for a while now and have few Qs and thoughts about the whole PA/songs thing.

Does anyone know why in the name of god do they play "Go West" by the Pet Shop Boys just before kick off?  It does nothing for me or for what I can see any of the other supporters around me. 

Also, against Armenia, they decided to play "put em under pressure" as the backround to a montage on the big screen just before kick off but then changed the music just as the crowd was getting into it.

Then after the game, they played "put em under pressure" just as everyone was going out of stadium and players were down the tunnel. 

What in the hell is going trough mthe minds of the people that decide this musical "strategy"?  They coud really get the crowd fired up if they were a bit more savvy with their musical choices. 
Well saidClapClapClap

Wellcome to the ForumHug

-------------
Shake and Bake

Posted By: MintBerryCrunch
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:37am
Go west is standup for the boys in green

Posted By: domo
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:38am
On the one road would be a good song at full time.

-------------
Shake and Bake

Posted By: The Count
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:50am
Its not been played lads

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:54am
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

Its not been played lads
Is Put Em Under Pressure going to be played Count Dracula?

Posted By: The Boy Z
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 7:06am
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

Its not been played lads

Thank f**k for that Clap

-------------
Theres only one sport that matters..

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 7:11am
as long as put em under pressure is played ill be a happy happy man

-------------

twitter.......@walsheman

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 7:14am
Originally posted by MintBerryCrunch MintBerryCrunch wrote:

Go west is standup for the boys in green

ok, but I didn't link the two together and I don't think a lot of the suporters are either.  They also play it after a goal is scored and I feel the crowd are just not buying it..... Time for a change me thinks on this one....

what about a fans selection for songs pre-match and half-time?  I think it is done in the premiership and works well so no reason why it shouldnt work for us.   The PA/music scene needs to be rethinked.....

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 7:16am
Originally posted by domo domo wrote:

[QUOTE=dingoxh]Hi Lads,
 Well saidClapClapClap

Wellcome to the ForumHug

Thanks for the welcome Domo!

Posted By: Jicked
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 7:33am
Originally posted by Tuff Paddy Tuff Paddy wrote:

I just can't wait for tannoy man to squak all over the end, probably as we're attacking - "there are 3 minutes of added time" or some sort of rubbish. 

Ive no idea how that guy keeps his job. The amount of times he f**ks something up completely is huge, apart from the hugely irritating way in which he speaks. He's an absolute laughing stock, and extremely irritating. Leinster had the sense to get rid of him for their games.

Posted By: Jicked
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 7:35am
As for the songs, I'd love for On the One Road, Put Em Under Pressure etc to be played before the game, but nothing, including Fiesta, to be played when we score. The atmo will be electric at those times, and at full time (hopefully!) and wont need to be drowned out or sanitised by the booming PA system.

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 8:38am
Originally posted by Jicked Jicked wrote:

Ive no idea how that guy keeps his job. The amount of times he f**ks something up completely is huge, apart from the hugely irritating way in which he speaks. He's an absolute laughing stock, and extremely irritating. Leinster had the sense to get rid of him for their games.
And the lad they replaced him with is an even bigger tool, more than one Leinster fan apologised to me about his behaviour at the Leinster - Munster game and theu consider him an absolute embarrassment

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 3:59pm

Is this the man we are all talking about?  http://declanking.com/index.htm - http://declanking.com/index.htm

I notice his stadium link isn't working LOL

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:06pm
I'm just thinking.......why do we need ANY music at the end anyhow?  When we're on away trips, we just have a singsong in our section if/when we're held back to let the home country fans piss off.  Tomorrow night the place will be rocking anyhow when the final whistle goes, we should just wing it and sing our fookin voices hoarse in celebration. 

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: brianie
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:16pm
Personally i hate the BEP But since Paris everytime i have heard that song its burned a hole in my head, those French ***ts, Final Whistle tomorrow night tonights gonna be a and then here comes the good timesApprove

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:18pm
That fookin tune is back in my head now since I replied and I can't poxy get rid of it, God I hate it so much. Angry

-------------

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:19pm
Rockin' all over the world

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Posted By: athlonecelt
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:24pm
The amount of genuinely classic songs that could be played and
Go West takes over. It totally cuts off the singing section from the rest of the grounds and it goes on for ages. Its normally as the lads go into a huddle. What must it be like to be in that huddle and listening to Go West life is peaceful there. Absolute bolloxology.
They should be playing bits of songs and running through them quickly.

eg imagine the chilling voice of Luke Kelly, with no background music being played as he sang 'o ro se do bheatha Bhaile' to which we all join in. Just repeat the chorus twice.
Onto puttem under pressure
and A MUST is now 'I just cant get enough'
Im not gone on Fiesta, but enough on here love it so thumbs up.

But for Irish people to need 'Go West' to get us going is sad.

Posted By: WindBag
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:27pm

FW is right, no music needed.... at the aways games we usually sing our own tunes etc...

have to say though, in Talinn on Fri night  listening to 'Tonights gonna be a good night'...brilliant craic!!

Posted By: brianie
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:30pm
This is not an away game lads, This will be the first time we will ever have qualified at home so some music is needed! Anyway its already sorted

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Posted By: Chopper 76
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:38pm

I dont care if its played tomorrow tbh, over paris now and the french ****s. Its going to be a good night anyway.

Posted By: Chopra Gunner
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by dingoxh dingoxh wrote:

Is this the man we are all talking about?  http://declanking.com/index.htm - http://declanking.com/index.htm

I notice his stadium link isn't working LOL

Jasus, his voice makes him sound about 25 years younger... very Derek Mooney-like.

-------------
What are you looking at?

Posted By: Fitz
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:53pm

Well said - and yes, it's a f**king godawful song anyway

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

I'm just thinking.......why do we need ANY music at the end anyhow?  When we're on away trips, we just have a singsong in our section if/when we're held back to let the home country fans piss off.  Tomorrow night the place will be rocking anyhow when the final whistle goes, we should just wing it and sing our fookin voices hoarse in celebration. 

I hear you sport, it's a fairly sh*te song too

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 6:00pm
What is the playlist ????.

-------------

Posted By: GingerPele
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 6:07pm
Lads, I remember being in tears behind the goal in the stade de france when they were playing that f*cking song, but i heard this hilarious version by Paul Gogarty on republic of telly tonight and its actually helped me gain some sort of closure, the song has no dignity anymore 
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iulrGbzkRTw
If you can't follow the link type "paul gogarty i gotta feeling" into youtube. 

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 6:29pm
Bump

-------------

Posted By: Fubar Bhoy
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 8:53pm
Turn off the music and let players hear our songs and singing. All the other talk of tannic music is crap. Just put mic by the singing section. Nothing else required. It's a fcuking football match after all.

-------------
My Team, My Club, My Country

Posted By: Peter
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 9:13pm
Thumbs Up

-------------
Tea???? FECK!!!!!

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 1:30am
Originally posted by athlonecelt athlonecelt wrote:

The amount of genuinely classic songs that could be played and
Go West takes over. It totally cuts off the singing section from the rest of the grounds and it goes on for ages. Its normally as the lads go into a huddle. What must it be like to be in that huddle and listening to Go West life is peaceful there. Absolute bolloxology.
They should be playing bits of songs and running through them quickly.

eg imagine the chilling voice of Luke Kelly, with no background music being played as he sang 'o ro se do bheatha Bhaile' to which we all join in. Just repeat the chorus twice.

But for Irish people to need 'Go West' to get us going is sad.

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Well said!  and here's to O ro se do bheath abhaile!

Posted By: Steve Amsterdam
Date Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 1:44am
sh*t song. If we are going to play anything at the end, let it be an Irish song at least.
Not some chart music drivel.

-------------
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!

Posted By: The Joker
Date Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 1:47am
Put them under presure would be nice or joxer

Posted By: Blue Man
Date Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 1:48am
sh*te song but maybe play it just for closure. Until we qualify for a tournament tonight, we are all still bitter about that night in November, but all that hurt ends tonight so play it once and never speak of it again!

-------------
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010

Posted By: muscles
Date Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 2:38am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Rockin' all over the world

Played that after the Holland game in 2001, place went mental. What part of Mayo you from Mark? Im from The Heather (header?) County myself.

Posted By: RonnieB
Date Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 2:48am
Hurry up 1pm....

-------------
Not Metal Paul

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 3:14am
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

sh*t song. If we are going to play anything at the end, let it be an Irish song at least.
Not some chart music drivel.
I thought you would like chart music drivel Steven Wink

Posted By: cliffrichard
Date Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 3:30am
The only song for it.

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 4:01am
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

The only song for it.

Could you get on the mic and sing 'Congratulations' for us Cliff? Tongue

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 4:04am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CfzB5qsNOo

%20 -

Posted By: MARTY
Date Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 4:58am
On Pitch celebration:
Hope the lads do the players in a line, run the length of pitch together and slide on grass thing.

Will help exercise the ghost of Paris also for them, 

-------------
Still broke?...blame it all on Gary Mackay...Nov' 87

Posted By: cliffrichard
Date Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 5:11am
Originally posted by EkimehtZim EkimehtZim wrote:

Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

The only song for it.

Could you get on the mic and sing 'Congratulations' for us Cliff? Tongue

No bother. I'll throw in a few verses of Misteltoe and Wine while I'm at it.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net