You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 783784785786787 795>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

I was in Dublin a couple of weeks ago staying overnight on a bit of business. What a dive. 

Every city has it's rough areas, that's to be expected. But in Dublin even the supposedly 'nice', touristy parts are full of scumbags. Street-drinking louts shouting abuse at passersby. Druggies chasing people down the street and aggressively hassling them for money. Groups of young men shouting at women as they walked by. I saw six or seven kids on bikes - young kids - menacingly circling some guy and shouting  'baldy' and 'paedo' at him. And yes, fireworks going off throughout the night.

There really is something very unpleasant about Dublin. An utterly charmless place.

And do you have any evidence to suggest that he was not a baldy paedo? For all you know he might have been attempting to lure the kids in with the promise of more fireworks.

"This is what separates the men from the fagg*ts." Dec. Jerry Lynch
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 1:33pm
LOL
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 1:44pm
sh*t radio.  
Just overheard this on Dinny FM:
Quiz jockey: "Who is the current captain of the Ireland football team?"
Caller: "Shane Duffy"
Quiz jockey: "Oh, you were sooo close, it's Seamus Coleman. You got the first syllable right!" 
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

I was in Dublin a couple of weeks ago staying overnight on a bit of business. What a dive. 

Every city has it's rough areas, that's to be expected. But in Dublin even the supposedly 'nice', touristy parts are full of scumbags. Street-drinking louts shouting abuse at passersby. Druggies chasing people down the street and aggressively hassling them for money. Groups of young men shouting at women as they walked by. I saw six or seven kids on bikes - young kids - menacingly circling some guy and shouting  'baldy' and 'paedo' at him. And yes, fireworks going off throughout the night.

There really is something very unpleasant about Dublin. An utterly charmless place.

And do you have any evidence to suggest that he was not a baldy paedo? For all you know he might have been attempting to lure the kids in with the promise of more fireworks.

Maybe so - which would reflect even better on Dublin, of course!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Where do you live?

A not terribly salubrious area of North London. I wasn't necessarily expecting Dublin to be worse.
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 3:04pm

Where do you live?

A not terribly salubrious area of North London. I wasn't necessarily expecting Dublin to be worse.
That annoys me you saying North London! Could you not just say the area like Finchley for example or Edgware.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 3:29pm

Where do you live?

Well this is for what we ahem voted for!

I heard people say the same things about Cork too. I was in Maynooth last year and couldn't believe the amount of bodies lying around the street homeless, something I wasn't expecting.

Americanisms View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Americanisms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

sh*t radio.  
Just overheard this on Dinny FM:
Quiz jockey: "Who is the current captain of the Ireland football team?"
Caller: "Shane Duffy"
Quiz jockey: "Oh, you were sooo close, it's Seamus Coleman. You got the first syllable right!" 

Don't know about other county radio stations, but Galway Bay FM is completely insufferable, particular that w*nker Keith Finnegan
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

certain posters appearing on every other thread trying to be the school comedian - I can only guess they weren't particularly funny in school either

Go on and name them Redladd LOL
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 8:09pm
The fact that on this forum you can't use the words f u c k or c u n t and they're replaced by coont and fooked.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

The fact that on this forum you can't use the words f u c k or c u n t and they're replaced by coont and fooked.

be creative

Fuçk
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 8:14pm

That's hardly that f**king annoying?
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
OAPs apply within xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 8:14pm

stop moaning you cúñt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 8:17pm
Creativity at its finest, fair play Clap LOL

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Ohhhhh Goodnesss!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 8:37pm
Yer whatever Censored
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 8:38pm
Poor service in bars and restaurants.

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Ohhhhh Goodnesss!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 9:03pm

Poor service in bars and restaurants.

Easy answer HB , tell all your friends and don't go there again .

Good places go bad and bad places go out of bankrupt .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 9:19pm
Misuse and misappropriation of words.

Infamous isn't a superlative form of famous. Transpire doesn't mean to happen or take place. Fulsome is another regularly misunderstood  word. As is enormity. 

There's no such word as 'anymore' or 'moreso'. Or 'alright' for that matter.

The word is 'okay'. The letters 'OK' don't stand for anything.

Flaunt and Flout are entirely separate words; pronounced differently, spelt differently and with different meanings.

It's hare-brained not 'hair-brained'.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 13 Sep 2020 at 9:22pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 783784785786787 795>
  Share Topic