You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 712713714715716 988>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 3:10pm
Ah lads, let it drop.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 3:18pm
Image result for cant we all just get along gif
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

What's wrong with flumps?

POST REPORTED
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 3:35pm
From www.urbandictionary.com:   

The act of standing back to back with a friend, excreting simultaneously to produce an entwined lump of faecal matter which resembles a Flump marshmellow.
The porta potties are f**king rank. Let's go to the woods and take a flump.
by Blacksun666 June 02, 2010

Everyday is a schoolday. 

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

From www.urbandictionary.com:   

The act of standing back to back with a friend, excreting simultaneously to produce an entwined lump of faecal matter which resembles a Flump marshmellow.
The porta potties are f**king rank. Let's go to the woods and take a flump.
by Blacksun666 June 02, 2010

Everyday is a schoolday. 

Dont be talking shoite LOL
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

What's wrong with flumps?

POST REPORTED

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The mods contacted me and showed me screenshots of you submitting complaints about the post being homophobic and sexist.

The only person with issues is you, you keep telling us every day.

You appear to be going from thread to thread looking to be offended.

I can assure you that I haven't been offended, a word that is terribly overused and misused these days, usually by those with the most appalling and backward views. Yes, I complained about a post, it was not the post above. The post was homophobic, albeit misspelled, unsurprisingly,  and a lot of your language is sexist. You seem to be incapable of referring to a woman in a manner that isn't disparaging. 

This is the post you reported as I have the screenshots - https://forum.ybig.ie/your-funniest-moment-on-tour_topic6050_page40.html

You have mental health issues and need help.

Your just upsetting yourself with some extremely trivial stuff. I or the mods simply don't care.

You need to honour the commitment you made about not posting on this site for your own good.

If my language or posts offend you in anyway - just ignore them.

1) I am well aware of what post I reported, the fact you weren't sure shows you have some awareness of how your posts come across.
2)I know, I am getting it. Thanks for your faux concern, but mentioning it does little but highlight your own pettiness.  I believe you may have misogyny and literacy issues. 
3) I can assure you that I am not upset over anything. I just believe the site should uphold certain standards. See it as educational.
4) I will do as I please, thanks. Again, I appreciate the faux concern. I tried not to post as I wanted to change some habits. It is hardly essential. I do find that posting here can be cathartic and therapeutic.It can be relaxing and doesn't require much thought, you should understand that.
5) You really have serious literacy issues and I can appreciate that and can reciprocate the faux concern, but you should learn to read before you can write. Nobody is offended. I would be surprised if anybody has ever actually been offended on here. If me reporting your sexism offends you, just ignore it.
I find the idea of ignoring something that has been posted to provoke debate as bizarre. It would make this place entirely redundant.

Edited by pre Madonna - 17 Jan 2019 at 8:04pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Ah lads, let it drop.
Why, it's just a bit of craic.'Bantz', as the kids say.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 8:40pm

The mods contacted me and showed me screenshots of you submitting complaints about the post being homophobic and sexist.

I can assure you that I haven't been offended, a word that is terribly overused and misused these days, usually by those with the most appalling and backward views. Yes, I complained about a post, it was not the post above. The post was homophobic, albeit misspelled, unsurprisingly,  and a lot of your language is sexist. You seem to be incapable of referring to a woman in a manner that isn't disparaging. 

This is the post you reported as I have the screenshots - https://forum.ybig.ie/your-funniest-moment-on-tour_topic6050_page40.html

Your just upsetting yourself with some extremely trivial stuff. I or the mods simply don't care.

You need to honour the commitment you made about not posting on this site for your own good.

1) I am well aware of what post I reported, the fact you weren't sure shows you have some awareness of how your posts come across.
2)I know, I am getting it. Thanks for your faux concern, but mentioning it does little but highlight your own pettiness.  I believe you may have misogyny and literacy issues. 
3) I can assure you that I am not upset over anything. I just believe the site should uphold certain standards. See it as educational.
4) I will do as I please, thanks. Again, I appreciate the faux concern. I tried not to post as I wanted to change some habits. It is hardly essential. I do find that posting here can be cathartic and therapeutic.It can be relaxing and doesn't require much thought, you should understand that.
5) You really have serious literacy issues and I can appreciate that and can reciprocate the faux concern, but you should learn to read before you can write. Nobody is offended. I would be surprised if anybody has ever actually been offended on here. If me reporting your sexism offends you, just ignore it.
I find the idea of ignoring something that has been posted to provoke debate as bizarre. It would make this place entirely redundant.

I've no idea why you reported my posts. The only reason I know this is that a mod sent me the screen shots. From what I can see, not one mod did anything about the post you reported. What does that tell you?

While your at it, please point out the sexism and homophobia? in my the post. And the misogyny too. Since you accuse of me having literacy issues your really going to have to point these out to me.

You've a hypocrite, you report posts by Shoco for using certain language you have used yourself. But then move the goal posts when you get pulled up on it.

You accuse me of having serious literacy issues yet mention 'faux concern' 3 times! you should start proof reading your own posts!

You need to remember that this is a football forum (open all all genders, race, colour and religions and anything else that I may have missed out on that offends people), and it appears that most of the content and language clearly offends you, because you spend most of your day just reporting post after post.

This forum is clearly not you.

Edited by horsebox - 17 Jan 2019 at 8:48pm
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 8:44pm
is it not just a football forum rather than a lads one?  

Didn’t realise the forum had a preference as to what gender you are before one posts  
AKA pedantic kunt
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

is it not just a football forum rather than a lads one?  

Didn’t realise the forum had a preference as to what gender you are before one posts  

Yes it is just a football forum, the vast majority probably 99% of people who post on the forum are males.

Anyway, let me correct that before Mr Sensitive has a f**king breakdown.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 8:49pm
Faux concern is correct in that context?

Yis don't get on lads, leave it at that surely? I don't get on with people here, I just ignore their posts. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 9:22pm
genuine question for PM.  Is it possible that regarding the correcting of some of the more risqué/banter/offensive (Take your pick) language on here that you are like a person who gives up the smokes or someone who gives up meat or drink.  In that you are pretty zealous in spreading the enlightened message.  

I agree with you with regard to the language used on here. There was a time when there were far more female regular posters on here. The forum is the poorer for losing them.  Not sure if the reasons why they have gone but in general certain parts of the internet can be a pretty toxic place for women at times.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 9:24pm

I've no idea why you reported my posts. The only reason I know this is that a mod sent me the screen shots. From what I can see, not one mod did anything about the post you reported. What does that tell you?

While your at it, please point out the sexism and homophobia? in my the post. And the misogyny too. Since you accuse of me having literacy issues your really going to have to point these out to me.

You've a hypocrite, you report posts by Shoco for using certain language you have used yourself. But then move the goal posts when you get pulled up on it.

You accuse me of having serious literacy issues yet mention 'faux concern' 3 times! you should start proof reading your own posts!

You need to remember that this is a lads football forum, and it appears that most of the content and language clearly offends you, because you spend most of your day just reporting post after post.

This forum is clearly not you.

'Wuzz'(sic), by which I assume you meant 'wuss', is a homophobic term. It is an American term which is a portmanteau of 'wimp' and 'pussy'.
Also, 'girls blouse'(sic) is a blatantly sexist term. It needs no explanation at all.
I have no hypocrite at all, thankfully. I will spell this out for you again, it is very simple and boils down to two simple words; language evolves. I fully admit to having used the term many times without ever thinking about it, I was corrected on the matter and know understand I was wrong. I don't use it now and find it  disrespectful. Unless you believe that nobody can redeem themselves from their past mistakes, that human beings can't learn and progress, then I don't really understand what you are arguing, unless you just want to argue with me.
If it is the latter, good lad. I like it.

There was no explicit misogyny in your post, I have merely noticed in your posts over the years that you are often disparaging about woman. You appear to judge all women immediately by how sexually attractive you find them. I think the fact you see this as a "lads football forum" (sic), highlights your sexism. You are blissfully unaware of your own ignorance.There are female football fans and they are allowed post here. 

I fail to understand the issue with the term 'faux concern', perhaps you don't understand it?

Again, I fail to see who is offended by anything? Or why they would be? How can anybody be offended by language? I'm of the opinion that language cannot be offensive, but it can be misused. That misuse can lead to beliefs becoming accepted and people being mistreated based on little but ignorance. 
I would say that the number of posts I have reported, as a percentage of the number of posts I have read, isn't even a fraction of a percentage. In normal circumstances, regarding the case in question, I would simply have pointed out your ignorance. As the thread was locked, I felt it needed to be addressed. 

Also, it is a bit hard for you  to argue whether the forum is for me or not, when you assume that half the world's population are not allowed on based on nothing but your own sexism.

Edited by pre Madonna - 17 Jan 2019 at 10:02pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

genuine question for PM.  Is it possible that regarding the correcting of some of the more risqué/banter/offensive (Take your pick) language on here that you are like a person who gives up the smokes or someone who gives up meat or drink.  In that you are pretty zealous in spreading the enlightened message.  

I agree with you with regard to the language used on here. There was a time when there were far more female regular posters on here. The forum is the poorer for losing them.  Not sure if the reasons why they have gone but in general certain parts of the internet can be a pretty toxic place for women at times.  
Not at all. I just think that the misuse of language should be challenged. You can take any word, phrase or term that has been all but removed from language and find that it will have taken it being challenged for it be removed. 
Also, and this is important to remember, people who use this kind of language are often the easiest to wind-up.LOL

Edited by pre Madonna - 17 Jan 2019 at 9:35pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Faux concern is correct in that context?

Yis don't get on lads, leave it at that surely? I don't get on with people here, I just ignore their posts. 
Fair enough! If you want me to leave it I will, just say the word. Personally, I enjoy it. I generally don't go on forums to agree with people.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 9:40pm
I'm actually surprised PM didn't point out the maybe intentional incorrect use  of you're in Horsey's reply

Edited by lassassinblanc - 17 Jan 2019 at 9:41pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I'm actually surprised PM didn't point out the maybe intentional incorrect use  of you're in Horsey's reply
I think you're giving him to much credit there. We will start with the sexism and work down!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 712713714715716 988>
  Share Topic