You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 110111112113114 127>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Irish Trad Music is absolutely sh*te and these impromptu trad sessions on public transport are a pain in the bollox.

Same when some goon pulls out a giitar at parties and you are expected to stop your conversations and listen to him/her

what annoys me is the accents put on for the songs when someone at a sesh suddenly turns into Davey Arthur 

And, when you talk to him afterwards, he grew up in Hertfordshire and went to a posh school. 
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 10:07pm
Rangers as far as a name goes is top tier, evokes a wild west vibe, same about the rest of it tho. 
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 10:57pm
Takeaways are overated
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Takeaways are overated

I much prefer a nicely prepared homemade meal. 
I think takeaways have got a lot worse too in taste. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 11:45am
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Takeaways are overated

Depends on the takeaway 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Piskin View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 5:10pm
The Irish Trad music is awful for the most part, to hear it on a long flight would be torture to say the least. Also the whole "we're Irish aren't we great" thing is beyond a joke and is wearing thin at this stage. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 8:06pm
There’s far too much football on tv 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 8:07pm

100% and actually there is way too much sport on the radio too. Weekends must be insufferable if you're not into sport 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 10:36pm

Yeah definitely, covid really showed it up for me, when they started splitting the games over a while weekend, there's an awful lot of dross that were never meant to be watched.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 12:44am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Yeah definitely, covid really showed it up for me, when they started splitting the games over a while weekend, there's an awful lot of dross that were never meant to be watched.
Some of which they tried to charge extra for eg £15 to watch Sheffield United v Wolves at 3pm on a Saturday. Thankfully, that idea proved to be the monumental flop that many predicted and was fairly quickly ditched. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 2:47am
They should do away with national anthems before sporting occasions. Toss of coin, captains shake hands and get on with it. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 6:31am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

100% and actually there is way too much sport on the radio too. Weekends must be insufferable if you're not into sport 

But it's great when you are.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 6:48pm
Cadburys chocolate is not that nice. 
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Cadburys chocolate is not that nice. 
+1

Lindt….the king of all
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 7:08pm
The Fields Of Athenry is the most overrated Irish song
PaddyMaddenIsCounty! View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyMaddenIsCounty! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 7:11pm
Raglan Rd overrated as well and seems to acquire certain types of smug ars*holes to sing it
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 7:56pm
Viva la Quinta brigada is a beautiful song, with unbelievably good lyrics. Sadly destroyed, in my head, by far to many virtue signalling arm-chair lefties belting it out at parties/open mic nights etc.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Viva la Quinta brigada is a beautiful song, with unbelievably good lyrics. Sadly destroyed, in my head, by far to many virtue signalling arm-chair lefties belting it out at parties/open mic nights etc.

You're next view Irelands call should be the soccer teams anthem
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 110111112113114 127>
  Share Topic