Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The SPL thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 50>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 2:32pm
Right on cue lol

Edited by tonyjaa - 02 Nov 2018 at 2:32pm
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Right on cue lol

Are you suggesting he wasn't goading on Weds night  ? Confused
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 3:21pm
Are people suggesting that taking the piss out of opposition fans means it is his fault that he got hit with a coin?
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 3:50pm
I'm suggesting that he's been managing a long time now, and its surely time he grew up. And that his antics the other night were ridiculous. I've never seen the likes of that after a team has a goal disallowed. It was pure provocation and goading.
I've supported him in the past, but in this instance he certainly brought it on himself. Had he acted like every other manager does when a goal is disallowed, he wouldn't have got hit by a coin. Not that i'm excusing that action in any way.

He should behave like a manager, not a fan.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 02 Nov 2018 at 3:51pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 3:53pm
You are speculating here.

He may have still been hit by a coin regardless of his behavior.

But Lennon really does need to cut out a lot of this nonsense.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 3:58pm
It is a reaction to abuse, maybe if the Hearts fans stopped abusing him based on his background for ninety minutes he wouldn't react. The game is boring as f**k these days, it could do with few more lads who can take the abuse and give it back.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 4:00pm
Manager gets abuse in away local derby match. Shocker

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Where did I say it was surprising? It is the type of abuse I criticised, not the abuse. He also took the abuse brilliantly and gave it back, unfortunately the Hearts fans can only give it and not take it.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Where did I say it was surprising? It is the type of abuse I criticised, not the abuse. He also took the abuse brilliantly and gave it back, unfortunately the Hearts fans can only give it and not take it.
spot on PM...

Like most football fans, plenty of examples over the years of fans dishing out abuse and then running to report a player for even the slightest response. Some very precious petals on tne terraces [in the stands] these days.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 8:57am
Neil Lennon: You call it sectarianism here in Scotland, I call it racism.
Neil Lennon has fully backed his agent's claim that he is routinely targeted for abuse in Scotland because he is an Irish Catholic who played for Celtic.
[-] Spoiler
And the Hibernian head coach hit out at those who claimed he brought on trouble himself after being hit with a coin at Wednesday's Edinburgh derby.
When asked about agent Martin Reilly's comments, the former Celtic captain and manager said: "Everyone tries to skirt round it. That's the basis of it, has been since 2000.
"The first day I stepped on to the pitch at Windsor Park as a Celtic player I was booed every time I touched the ball, having previously played 36 times and had nothing. But it was my association with Celtic, being high profile - there's no question in my mind that was the reason behind it.

"You call it sectarianism here in Scotland, I call it racism. If a black man is abused, you are not just abusing the colour of his skin, you are abusing his culture, his heritage, his background. It's the exact same when I get called a Fenian, a pauper, a beggar, a tarrier. These people with the sense of entitlement or superiority complex. And all I do is stand up for myself."
Partick Thistle boss Gary Caldwell - a former Celtic team-mate of Lennon's - was among those who claimed that Lennon brings trouble on himself.
"People should know better," Lennon said. "It's pretty poor all this - I was goading people, I bring it on myself. There's an effigy outside Tynecastle saying 'hang Neil Lennon'. That was before the game. Did I bring that on myself?

"This has got to stop. Everyone says I play the victim. I don't. I had 15 years in England of nothing, so the first day I step into Scotland this sort of stuff began.
"And it's not because I'm an aggressive character. You all know me. I'm not aggressive at all. I'm competitive, sometimes I cross the line just like any normal manager. So this 'brings it on himself', I'm very angry about those comments."
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 9:00am
trevwaterford View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevwaterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 9:00am
I agree with Roberto Baggio. Lennon has gone on the offensive now talking about racism. He will probably get away with a ban for his goading of the Hearts fans and don't think coin hit him in face anyway. Himself and the Hearts keeper should be banned for their bad acting!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 10:11am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 5:53pm
Morelos hit by a coin today

More racism 

Wonder was he called a tarrier as well
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 6:01pm

More racism 

Heard Dave King ran out and pocketed the coin afterwards.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 8:03pm

More racism 

Absolutely pathetic response.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 8:31pm
Where’s the outcry over Morelos?

Just proves how fake the outrage was last week about Lennon being hit by a coin 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 04 Nov 2018 at 11:26am
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 9:11pm
One thing that has struck me (pun intended) about all these coin throwing incidents is that austerity must be well and truly over. The darling bud must be doing some right.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 50>
  Share Topic